Romance is the deepest thing in life

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. fred allen profile image60
    fred allenposted 13 years ago

Romance is the deepest thing in life
    G.K. Chesterton once wrote "Romance is the deepest thing in life. Romance is deeper even than reality. The power to live a life that is pleasing to God comes from the truth contained in Chestertons statement. Jesus summed up the law and the prophets in these two commands. Love the Lord with all your heart mind soul and strength. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

If we are to be successful in obeying these commands, there must be intense motivation that goes way beyond a sense of duty or obligation. It is crucial that we go back to the moment we first received God's grace and recapture the experience of that encounter. Remember the weight of guilt and sin that was lifted from us. The sense that we were accepted by a loving and kind God just as we were, for no reason other than His goodness in Christ.

Since that first wave of love that gently crashed upon the shore of our existense, how many more have we felt? Do we look at God as the cosmic book keeper that watches for our every mistake or transgression so He can punish us? Or do we truly beleive that He is the lover of our souls? Do we see Him as the one who keeps no record of our wrongs? I remember many times in life when I hurt people i loved and counted on their forgivness to restore our relationship. If they held my wrong doing against me, the effect it would have had would change the dynamic of how we interacted. There would always be a cloud hanging over our time together. In the same way God wants for us to enjoy His presence. We not only have to receive His forgiveness, we also have to forgive ourselves. Not excuse, forgive,but that is a topic for another time.

For us to truly enjoy the presence of our God, we must see that it is He who pursues us. Sweetly calling to us by name. Whispering words of love and acceptance. This is where the power to live a life pleasing to Him eminates from. When we see Him as the lover of our soul we are free to respond as lovers of God. His pure and spotless bride. As the Song of Songs states, I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine. From this understanding we will long to please Him by loving that which He loves.

Comments

1. Andraste profile image61
      Andrasteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you should try making this into a hub? It's quite a long forum post.

2. RevLady profile image59
      RevLadyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I thought this was a hub. I agree it should be. Anyway, I love your sweet words. Blessings!

Forever His,

P.S. I will look for the hub.

fred allenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your kind words! I like you!
        Fred

3. profile image55
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That might be difficult if your neighbor doesn't share your religious beliefs. You won't be loving him too much longer after finding that out.

Perhaps, but we on earth are certainly keeping a record of your gods "transgressions"; the list is enormous. Your gods love kills tens of thousands of children every day. Well done, god.

It's a good topic now. Are you forgiving your god for allowing children to starve to death while he basks you in love?

"Death to children" are the only words I hear from your god every single day.

I am still learning to navigate this site. I apologize for the delay in responding. I appreciate your viewpoint. Let me present a different perspective for you to consider. If what you believe is in fact true then we believe in a God that is more like a devil than a benevolent Father. If however we live in a world that is gifted with free will that has made freedom to reject God our creed why would God be to blame for the lack of good in His world? God is the rescuer of those who seek Him and understand their need for rescue. If you are a father consider this. You love your children. You want them to love you. Can you legislate love? If they choose to reject your love, what wil cause them to repent and embrace your love? The consequences of their decision! If fathers embraced the love of God their children would have strength to do the same and the world would be far different that it is now. Please don't judge until you try the way to victory.

1. profile image55

It really has nothing to do with what I believe and more to do with what is observed. And yes, it is observed that gods are pure evil as depicted by the major religions. Anyone can read their scriptures and see that for themselves. We can observe the acts of their followers and see the hypocrisy and contradiction.

Yet, tens of thousands of children seek your god for the same food he doles out to the good Christians of the world, yet your god says NO to them and they die of starvation. This is your so-called rescuer?

No, that is what scriptures does. It forces you to love and obey your god or be sent to an eternity of hellfire.

Nonsense. I would feed my children who were starving. Your god is now up to bat. Will he continue to bat a thousand and let the kids die? Yes, he will. Such a good, loving "father"

(Q)- Thank you so much for responding to my reply. I know it is very difficult to reconcile what you see with the existence of a loving and kind God. I would like for you to consider this for a moment. Is it not the church leading the effort to bring comfort and food to a hurting, starving world? I don't have actual statistics but if you watch the television commercials that highlight the starving children of the world all of them are Christian based orginizations. Jesus himself warned us that the poor will always be with us. He also warned that we have an enemy who comes to steal kill and destroy. I pray that you will have peace as you open your heart to the possibility that God does in fact exist and that He loves you very much. I also pray that you will join with Him in His epic story as He fights to restore the world to His original intent for it. A world free of hunger and sorrow. A world where all is an expression of the glory of God. One heart at a time.

1. profile image55

I don't think so. The church is only interested in recruiting members and only helps others if there is a chance for conversions

Thank you for completely ignoring my point and offering up biblical platitudes in spite.

It would appear that your cult has you deeply indoctrinated, lulled into a false sense of illusion by myths and superstitions and disconnected entirely from reality.

2. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 13 years ago

i like the sentiment in this very much......

1. Frank Menchise profile image51
      Frank Menchiseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To fred allen I say, your post is great, but I feel that you have bound two things that are different in nature, love and religion. To me the word romance means the feeling between man and woman; however I know what you mean because I can feel it within me and I can describe it thus:
      Romance is the feeling of love and love is life itself, and one cannot exist without the other. So, in a parallel way God is life and life is God himself and one cannot exist without the other.
      Well at least I see it this way.
      May God bless us all.

Frank Menchise- You are obviously a very deep thinker. Thank you for your response. What was expressed in my writing is the notion that romance is so vital in winning our hearts. It is what we crave most. To be known and to be loved. Without the wooing of our hearts we find ourselves missing what we crave most. I see romance as being love expressed. When we recieve it we will wish to reurn the same.

2. fred allen profile image60

poetlorraine- I am thankful you read this and responded. I look forward to more from you!

3. profile image53
    basujunera0610posted 13 years ago

hello guys ...

its really nice and informative post....

i just liked it....

thanks for your information guys ...........

Ex Display LCD TV

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)