How Does Everyone Feel About Clickbank Being Implented In Hubpages??

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (30 posts)
  1. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I was thinking maybe it would be a great idea to implement Clickbank in the affiliate programs of Hubpages because they have so much to offer and new widgets and ad banners to possibly place in the hubs.. Give me your opinion on it..

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not a big fan of Click bank and so probably wouldn't use it here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As you know, HubPages doesn't allow widgets and ad banners so we wouldn't be able to use those.

I also think Clickbank would be a horrible idea.  As others have said, most of the products on Clickbank are garbage, and because they're all ebooks, it's impossible for the affiliate marketer to judge what's good and what's cr@p. 

Clickbank attracts a lot of newbie affiliates who think they can make easy money selling any old thing.  If we allowed it on HubPages, we'd get even more spammers than we do now.

I do sell a couple of products from Clickbank but only because I stumbled across the products, wanted to sell them and went looking for their affiliate program.

1. bgamall profile image69
          bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marisa, clickbank is a horrible idea but you use it? On the surface that appears to be slightly "elite", although I totally agree with you about the difficulty of determining what is valuable and what is not. Golf lessons may be valuable, or may be a rehash of what is already on TV. Horse race betting would be very difficult for the average Joe to even determine the usefulness.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Bgamall, like I said, I happened to find two products that I liked online.  When I searched to see if they had an affiliate program, I was taken aback to find they were offered through Clickbank, as I'd never seen anything else worthwhile on there.

Having found those two products, I spent the best part of a day trawling through Clickbank looking for more good stuff - without success. 

I said half the products were rubbish because I was trying to be fair, but to be honest, my own experience is it's more like 90%.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would say no. Too MLM type companies involved.

3. liljen23 profile image74

Cagsil, I think it would be a great idea because they have a lot to offer and a lot of people make money with this company. It would give an extra boost to Hubpages being that Clickbank is one of the top companies in affiliate marketing..

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

According to who? Where are you getting your information about the Successful ClickBank associates?

Half of the stuff sold on ClickBank is worthless garbage, including some(if not most of the MLM sites) affiliate positions.

I do not see any value to be added to HubPages, but see how much damage can be done.
        Of course it is one of the TOP affiliate marketing website- 90% of the Professional MLM Marketeers use it, so as to draw in unsuspecting affiliates who make no money.

But that means the other half has value. smile

Not enough to make HubPages' carry it as an affiliate. No!

4. flread45 profile image60
      flread45posted 13 years ago

I would also like to see clickbank here as I am a member.

5. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

MLM, I did look it up in Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

I am surprised that you had to look it up. hmm

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to have been a disappointment. Others may appreciate the link, you never know.

Deleted

2. Dale Mazurek profile image63
        Dale Mazurekposted 13 years ago

Bad, bad idea

And thats coming from a clickbank affiliate who makes money using clickbank

The problem is there is a lot of useless garbage on clickbank.  I take the time to check anything I promote.  It has to work and it has to do what it says.

As if the spammers here arent bad enough.  I cant even imagine what would happen if Clickbank was used.

Not to mention that if you use clickbank properly you can use it here anyways.  Its just you cant get away with spamming.  I would rather have say 5 hubs with my link and work on getting traffic to those hubs as opposed to say 50 hubs with the same link which wont get traffic anyways.

If you are going to be a marketer ask yourself if you are willing to put your real name to what you promote.

Dale

Perhaps we could have forum comments on a particular clickbank program and that would help people if it was valuable or crap.

3. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 13 years ago

There's way too much over-promotion of the same regurgitated material from Clickbank on the internet already.

4. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

It has a terrible reputation.

Most experienced affiliate marketers stay as far away as they can from clickbank. I want nothing whatsoever to do with it.

I work with a dozen affiliate networks, have links from over 1,000 merchants, on my now 58 websites. So I'm open to give most honest programs a try.

5. liljen23 profile image74

Wow, I didn't think this was going to be a lengthy discussion, but I personally feel that Clickbank is as much of competition with Amazon because people could be selling people a dream on Amazon or Clickbank. It is there own risk. People should look into products before they buy something, but we are missing out on people that are making good products and that could benefit people on Hubpages. So, I would say to give it a chance. Most people that are Clickbank are making money from it with good products. I purchased a few products but it was because I wanted to make money online so bad but I didn't take my time with it, but it could have been worth something if I had taken my time with it.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are many ways to make money online. An intelligent person like you, who studies law online, may be able to use HubPages to connect with people who need research assistance, paralegal work and more. In any event, I find it interesting to read your point of view.

liljen23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Website, I may try connecting with other people and maybe submit some content online about the things I know about that. Thanks for the idea..

2. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The thing is that Amazon is a reliable vendor with a complaints procedure--so there is no problem referring people to them.  I would not want to send my readers to anyone 'at their own risk'.  I want to send them to good products from good vendors, so everyine is happy.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you have no ethical problems promoting anything?

I am indeed a clickbank affiliate, but I struggle to find products I am comfortable selling. Amazon - not so much. They have a clear return policy and abide by it.

No comparison.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87

Liljen, how do you suggest people "look into" the products that are sold on Clickbank?

When people consider buying an Amazon product, they can look at feedback from customers to get an idea of its quality.  There's no such feature on Clickbank, except testimonials the author has posted (which could all be made up).  And Amazon has a returns policy.

I'm not going to recommend a product unless I can satisfy myself it's good.  It's impossible to do that with most Clickbank products, unless I buy it myself first.

Just to give you an idea, I promote a book called The Perfect Pointe.  I came across it outside Clickbank and know it's an excellent book.  Also on Clickbank is a book called The Ballet Bible.  It's rubbish, yet when you look at their blurb on Clickbank, you would never know they were so different.  I only know because I'm in that industry.

I'm sure there are a lot of internet scammers out there, making good money promoting Clickbank junk to unsuspecting people.  I may be doing myself out of a fortune, but I prefer to keep my integrity.

6. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

There is absolutely no comparison between Clickbank and Amazon. Take a look at places like Shareasale.com and Linkshare.com if you want to see some more affiliate programs.

We aren't missing out on anything by not having Clickbank. Why are you so fixated on them, with all of the other affiliate options? I don't quite understand.

liljen23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not fixated on Clickbank Nelle, I am just bringing in opinion and just suggesting another opportunity for Hubpages. Amazon is a great opportunity but I also noticed throughout forums that Amazon is not as popular when it comes to affiliate programs. I am not saying that it isn't but when I search out stuff about Amazon, that is what I see. When I search out Clickbank, there is proof that people are making money with Clickbank. Complete a thorough search about it and you will see dozens of people showing off checks from Clickbank. I even received one but I didn't know what I was doing at the time, I was young and I made money from it with luck. I am sure if people put their minds to it more and more people may make plenty of money with it. It seems as if it is easier to make money with Clickbank so it seems like a great opportunity, but it may need some work if it was to implemented in Hubpages.

I know about different affiliate programs but why not bring up something that everyone talks about. Yeah shareasale and linkshare are good opportunities but what do people search for the most when it comes to affiliate programs. Clickbank. I just wanted to get people's opinion on the topic of Clickbank.

7. mythbuster profile image70
        mythbusterposted 13 years ago

I am glad ClickBank isn't a part of Hubpages, either. So many junk "reports" there masquerading as "the best" products. There's so much marketing-hype stuff listed/available at ClickBank. I like the fact that Amazon has tons and tons of PHYSICAL products, hardcopy books and stuff, gifts and things people can hold and check over, not just read in a report. I've ordered some books from Amazon, myself, and know a lot of schoolmates who also like Amazon. I've ordered a couple of ClickBank items, as well - and had to slap myself on the forehead afterward. I think I am learning something now. Amazon=good, ClickBank=good in a much different way but be wary of the latter.

1. profile image0
          blake4dposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am with you 100 percent, If MB says it, Then It must be true.
          Hey MB check my way when you get a minute, and you will for get all about Clickbank. LOL, Keep on Hubbing. Blake4d

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)