nobody can deny the existence of God

Jump to Last Post 51-58 of 58 discussions (372 posts)
  1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Dear Mohit, I would have criticised your comments somewhere. But not by heart. I want everyone to conduct introspection or self-inquisition before going to others. Then only we can deal with them perfectly. Before asking others why they do a thing, we should think what made them to do it, or if we were at their place, what shall we do?  We will not be cornered anywhere if we do introspection.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

By so many I have been deceived,
      Of course I am peeved.

More so at myself,
      The other was cause itself. smile

You should get to know yourself,
      Mans best friend is himself.

Understand yourself ,when you understand the master is in you then can you see the master outside of you.Change yourself and the world changes smile I aim to connect with people through knowledge and love smile

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

How can, imperfect humans "become" gods? ? ?
    To me, God, has to be pure, holy, perfect, without ANY (human) weak qualities. Anything less is NO GOD! Who determines deity anyway, us? ONE is either s
    "selfexistent" or not. Strange! ! "( sad

The human becomes God-man then God on death.Its like calling Jesus God ,its the same for Rama or Krishna.

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You and I are in two different worlds, my friend. I have not understood any of your concepts,at all. Perhaps you feel the same about mine.
        I can't even respond (rationally) to your comment. sad sad

Was Jesus here on this planet as a man?

Will Jesus come back as a man?

When we get to some "simple" concepts, we can talk. Yes, Jesus walked on earth(as a Man)

Was Jesus God?

Did he not say his kingdom is not of this world-meaning on death he will go back home to God..

Still is.

So is it not correct- Man  becomes God-man becomes God.
                  Jesus can be called man,god-man or God.Why cant another saint or prophet be called the same?
                  Your problem is your ego -only my prophet has entered heaven.For me I see the one in Krishna,Zaratushtra,Rama,Buddha,Mohammed ,Mahavira and Jesus.
                  The Prophets are brothers of the light standing for the same principals.They taught love.Do you think it is possible for them to hate each other?

VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Several names to the same God !   I dont think the above names are of separate gods.  The problem is, languages have not provided translation for names.

Wrong on both counts!
                    My "ego", has NOTHING to do with Jesus going to Heaven. It happened almost 2000yrs before I was born.
                    "My prophet"?
                    He was more than a prophet, more than a (mere) man. He IS (THE) God, made flesh!
                    It was never a case of a man "becoming" God, but the exact opposite! Neither is He "my" prophet. He does NOT belong exclusively to me or my "religion", HE just IS!
                    Please don't put Him in equal standing with any of the others you keep referring to like Krishna, Buddha etc. There is no comparrison! Nor similarity.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61

My friend aka-,  We have come to a stage to set qualifications for even gods... Because we invented them...?  Those who had no weakness, and those who have proved pure, holy, perfect have become gods.  After becoming god, he is not in our reach to evaluate him. (Rama and Sita have proved themselves as gods.)   But some are doing it. God forgive them next Sunday!

1. dingdong profile image56
        dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Humans invented the concept of God(s) big_smile

Humans are gods or gods in the making smile

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Mr.Junkster, happy to have discussions with you. Some times, I said "No God" and sometimes I said "Yes God". 
    If and when someone insists and insults me in the name of their god, I say "NO". When someone speaks falsehood about god, I will say "Yes". 
    If everyone is ready to club hands and make a single religion and shed "other-religion-baiting", I will be the first to pray god. They make their own god; and accuse others if others dont accept them.  What is it?

4. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I think I get what you mean, if there was just one unilateral religion then that would be great, but I don't believe that with billions of people all over the world with differing religions that they'd be very unlikely to leave theirs for this new Super Religion.

And this may be the very reason people fight, it is the case in many places in the world.  This is probably the main reason why I personally don't have a religion and am reluctant to adopt a new one, it seems to cause too much troubles.

But I still have the utmost respect for anyone who is religious in any faith, at university my friend who is sikh was not meant to eat meat on tuesday (or wednesday I think hmm) and he'd always complain that he wanted to eat meat, so there were many times I ended up cooking a vegetable stirfry for the pair of us, there were many traditions and practices that he did that I found interesting.

The same was the case when I worked in a company and was partnered with a guy on a telephone cabling job who was a muslim.  This was shortly after the london bombings a few years ago and I can remember a pretty heartfelt conversation where I asked what he thought about people using his religion to commit atrocities and he was really annoyed. 

He said it was a case of people hiding behind religion and twisting phrases from the Koran and other ideologies of islam.  He said he knew of noone in his family and community that condoned those actions, he said there are things about other cultures that he differs from but he and others in majority just accept it, they are no less islamic if they don't protest against certain western traditions or practices like Gambling etc.  He just ignores it and gets on with his life.

These two cases are things that have helped me get a better understanding of other religions and have nothing but respect for them, I think all people who have grown up on one relgious belief should at least conduct some research even if it's as menial as mine.

If nothing else it helps understand the truth behind the shocking headlines the media put out when they generalise an entire relgious group or race.

5. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 15 years ago

God does not require the certifications of mere mortals to prove or confirm His existence. Saying that the wind or the air does not exist may sound funny, right? Because they do not live and act like men. Well does it deny their existence? A thousand times No. God's unseen nature makes Him God. He is a Spirit requiring no aid or support from man and the earth. What else will I say? His ways are far beyond self, religion and science.

Yes at the same time mere mortals kill gods,like Jesus was killed.

1. Andrew0208 profile image57
        Andrew0208posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, in fulfillment of prophecy and the Scriptures. His word that became flesh in the person of Jesus, His earthly death and resurrection were His perfect ways beyond self, religion and science.

1. Andrew0208 profile image57
          Andrew0208posted 15 years agoin reply to this

This has conquered several immaginations of self, religion and science over ages.

2. Nickny79 profile image68
          Nickny79posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Andrew.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Correct the fulfillment of the prohecy.Jesus was fulfilling his destiny what the cosmos or God had planned for him.He had his doubts or else he would not have said "god why have you forsken me".That moment he himself did not compehend gods plan. 
          Today I see the cross as the gate to god .The universe is in perfection. Jeus was a prophet like there have been other prophet before and after him.

All religions teach one can become like Jesus or Buddha or Krishna.

6. Nickny79 profile image68
    Nickny79posted 15 years ago

Why should anyone care who is denying or affirming God?  That is a personal matter.

1. Junkster profile image61
      Junksterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly

7. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image61
    Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 15 years ago

TRUE INDEED: For the truth about God is known to everyone instinctively, God has put this knowledge in our hearts. Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made,  and have known of His existence and great eternal power (Romans 1:19-20 paraphrased).

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.

big_smile

Puddles will certainly vapourise and vanish due to sun's heat.  But certainly not the ocean.  It is in the process of engulfing lands.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

As usual, you completely missed the point............

Now imagine man is the puddle.

I thought you mean something else.  Now you are right.

1. weblog profile image57
            weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think Mark says nature is just how it is and there is no God's creation. Am I right? smile

If it is so, he is very much innocent. 

Please read his puddle story again for me.

How simple -nature is just how it is.
                I cannot make such a simple thing like nature ,maybe the atheists can .wink
                The wind,rain,storms etc.Being a poet/philosopher I do not posses such intelligence.
                I am dumbfounded by nature and this universe.

2. weblog profile image57
                weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think it's not needed smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

This is true and the disappearing is called death something one needs to contemplate about.
      Water will change to vapour- what will be the change the human experiences?

1. oxymoron profile image57
        oxymoronposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Can you expand it?

Sure.What you are seeing is "energy can neither be created nor be destroyed"
          The puddle seems to be disappearing but the water content which forms the puddle has just changed form and is now water vapour.
          The same way the body or human is energy.When you die or so called die you are very much alive and realise there is no such thing as death but just a change of form of the energy you are.Your body like the puddle goes but the essence the energy does not.
          Nothing is born and nothing dies -The Holy Bhagwat Gita. smile

3. Junkster profile image61

What a compelling thought, I think I got most of it.  And I'm not very philosophical at the best of times! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It is a paraphrase of a Douglas Adams speech. I did not write it myself.

Makes sense to me though.

Staggeringly arrogant puddle assumes that because the hole seemed to well suited to his needs, it must have been created for him. And the logical extension being that if it was created for him, there must have been a creator..........

1. aka-dj profile image65

There was!
          An archaeologist digging for fossils, using a shovel, no less! lol

2. Junkster profile image61

Ah, I took it slightly differnetly, with regards to previous statements I've made about considering other faiths.

The way I read it a puddle could be someone who was born into a family who all practice one faith, the puddle arrogantly believes that the hole/religion he is a part of is the one and only, the truth is he could have been in any old hole and he'd still think the same thing due to arrogance. 

I'm not entirely sure how the sun heating the puddle figures into this theory, (perhaps cynics of the puddle's hole/religion questioing his beliefs?) but as I said before I'm not much of a philosopher.

Good discussion point though, and from the great Mr Adams too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)