May God Help Us All

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (44 posts)
  1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 15 years ago

The following is a poem written by Judge Roy Moore from  Alabama  . Judge Moore was sued by the ACLU for displaying the Ten Commandments in his courtroom foyer. He has been stripped of his judgeship and now they are trying to strip his right to practice law in  Alabama  ! The judge's poem sums it up quite well.
    America the beautiful,
    or so you used to be.
    Land of the Pilgrims' pride;
    I'm glad they'll never see.

Babies piled in dumpsters,
    Abortion on demand,
    Oh, sweet land of liberty;
    your house is on the sand.

Our children wander aimlessly
    poisoned by cocaine
    choosing to indulge their lusts,
    when God has said abstain

From sea to shining sea,
    our Nation turns away
    From the teaching of God's love
    and a need to always pray

We've kept God in our
    temples,how callous we have grown.
    When earth is but His footstool,
    and Heaven is His throne.

We've voted in a government
    that's rotting at the core,
    Appointing Godless Judges;
    who throw reason out the door,

Too soft to place a killer
    in a well deserved tomb,
    But brave enough to kill a baby
    before he leaves the womb.

You think that God's not
    angry,that our land's a moral slum?
    How much longer will He wait
    before His judgment comes?

How are we to face our God,
    from Whom we cannot hide?
    What then is left for us to do,
    but stem this evil tide?

If we who are His children,
    will humbly turn and pray;
    Seek His holy face
    and mend our evil way:

Then God will hear from Heaven;
    and forgive us of our sins,
    He'll heal our sickly land
    and those who live within.

But,  America  the Beautiful,
    If you don't - then you will see,
    A sad but Holy God
    withdraw His hand from Thee..

~~Judge Roy Moore~~

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank goodness there is still some common sense left.

The moment a man who is responsible for handing out legal judgments starts saying he has an invisible all-powerful being telling him what to do is the moment he needs to be stripped of his powers. big_smile

Thank you for reminding us we need to watch out for religious maniacs like this and deal with them appropriately.

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Of course, let the masses tell him what to do instead and we will have "real Justice".
        Perahps he should be an Atheist, and declare, once and for all "Atheism Rules" lol

Um, yeah.

You know - by the people, for the people. Or do you not hold with that either?

Oh yeah! That's all good in theory, but the reality is that the "minority" usually rules. The "squeeky wheel. . . ." He who makes the loudest noise gets heard. Etc.
            Provided "real Justice" prevails, I'm all for it.

2. allshookup profile image60
      allshookupposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I read this poem a while back. I think God used and is continuing to use Mr. Moore to show the corruption of our nation.I admire him for taking the stand he did and I know God is blessing him for it.  Those who support taking them out are the same people I wrote a hub about....the ACLU. They are anti-God and anti-American and this proves it. Having people who do not love God is the reason our country and the world is in the shape it's in now. And as long as people are not serving God, the world will continue to get worse. Until the country and world comes back to God, the world will only get worse and worse. It seems those who want to taunt and cause things like this to happen are those who are so full of pride and full of themselves. Sadly, they have no love for God and that's the downfall. But, one day when they stand before Him, they will realize Who He is. Only to realize it's too late for them and they will spend eternity in Hell. It's very sad to see some of the boastful people on here feeling that they know it all and have all of the answers. Soon they will find out they were very very wrong. I have heard preachers preach that people who go to hell will hear the people who have witnessed and shared the Truth with them over and over. That they will spend eternity having those things played over and over in their minds. They will hear the voices and see the words shared with them over and over again, with no end. But, they wont have a chance to make a decision for God then, because they made their decisions on earth, to make themselves their own saviors.

2. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

Only some people count as people apparently--Fetuses and born again Christians count. The rest of us? Not so much.

Well, I'd love to talk more about this but I gotta go--I'm off to my Friday Night Lesbian Communists For Abortion fundraiser, after which I'm going to go nuke a gay baby seal for Christ.

Busy, busy, busy... You know how it is--No rest for the wicked!  big_smile

Where do I send the check? big_smile

Greenpeace!
        WWF. They will hapily take it too.

No, no, I want to support the Lesbian Communists For Abortion.

LCFA for short. big_smile

Shame you are not "female" then you could support it AND be a member. lol
            But, I'm sure they will take your money anyway. big_smile

Oh, I am 100% lesbian........

2. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
            B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean you have given up on the flying spaghetti monster? Say it aint so!

These are just two prongs of the holy trinity. If you pray hard for guidance, and meditate on this, you will understand. big_smile

3. profile image0
            pgrundyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh you'd love it Mark. Our most popular bake sale item is the pink cupcakes decorated to resemble the beautiful Labia Majora...

After the bake sale we all meet up at the park and roast live porpoises over a flaming pit of styrofoam plates whilst singing "Kumbayah."

I just don't know where I'd be without my beliefs. big_smile

Go LCFA!!!

Count me in. A strong belief is the only thing keeping me going in these difficult times. I kneel and pray for guidance every day and I always see sea-going mammals.  Bring on the porpoises.

But........ Could we do dolphins instead? They are an abomination that proves Satan is amongst us....

I mean, going back into the water and all.

1. profile image0

Oh yeah. I forgot about the DOLPHINS! You had to get me going on the DOLPHINS didn't you, Mark! Those pernicious purveyors of porpoise-like pulchritude! Those apostates! Those ANTI-FISH!

Yes, definitely. Dolphins it is. I'll bring the ketchup.

1. countrywomen profile image60
                  countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now according to the  Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy humans are the third most intelligent species:
                  Hence since you have included the NO.2 Dolphins how about including the NO.1 Rats big_smile

No wonder we call excessive competition as the rat race lol

1. profile image0

Good point CW! I love that book. That is one terrific book. The movie is good too.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Actually, it's the mice. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

It is only when one has meditated fully on the existence of dolphins, one comes to fully understand their EVIL.

They are anti-god and anti-american. Tasty though, thank the good lord. I prefer them with mayo and hot sauce big_smile

Also, I have heard that the dolphins are in charge of the ACLU. As everyone knows, the ACLU is the work of the devil, but by murdering a few animal abominations and eating them, you are guaranteed a seat in heaven.

That judge, whatshisname knew this, and this is why they threw him down from imposing god's judgment on earth.

2. aka-dj profile image66

You count! Don't sell yourself short!
      Believe it or not, you still have equal value with me. (Whatever you perceive me to be!)

3. Pam Roberson profile image68
      Pam Robersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO! Gosh this gave me a much needed chuckle for the day. Thanks Pam! big_smile

3. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

I,m confused!
    Either you are busing a false picture, or you are "one ugly moma".
    Sorry, could't resist! lol

lol

All depends on your perspective .........

Just like everything else we discuss in life!.
        Catch ya next time. smile

1. profile image0

Oh no you dint! You dint call me UGLY! You best be bringin' your homies to back that sh#t up! mad

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

OMG, LOL!  You all are messin' with fragile minds...

Sorry, lol lol lol

1. profile image0

Lita, a waste is a terrible thing to mind... smile

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"But, they wont have a chance to make a decision for God then, because they made their decisions on earth," I like some system of mandatory abortion, like the American Indians used to do.

6. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Some say the ACLU has communist roots.

7. profile image0

Mark,

The Association of Communist Lesbian Ungulates is indeed now Dolphin-controlled, but this is in itself an abomination, since as we all know, Dolphins are neither Lesbian nor Ungulates, although they do sometimes got through a period of sexual experimentation during adolescence. This takeover of an organization they have no business joining let alone running is typical of them. They cannot be trusted, and through their pushiness have left millions of same sex Leninist cows and sheep and other hoofed creatures without a support group. So the rumor that Ol' Nick is behind the ACLU is incorrect. Having hooves, he can certainly join, but he hates those #@!&% dolphins as much as any sheep or cow.

On the up side, the Dolphins are currently using the ACLU to push for abortion on demand--Currently they are demanding that George Bush be aborted. (You know how slow committee work is.) smile

As for the Holy Trinity, as we all know, the third prong is called Bob.

Blessed is the third prong.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

ROFL How come I missed on all that fun yesterday? yikes

So, now that you have heard the good news, can we count on your support? big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My check is in the mail. Will you send me a sticker? wink

As soon as the check arrives, the sticker will be on the way.......

9. profile image0

Hey no problem Pam. Now we have Misha on board too--The organization is growing by leaps and bounds.

Blessed be Bob. Blessed be the Third Prong. smile

Amen smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sealed smile

10. lionswhelp profile image69
    lionswhelpposted 15 years ago

Peeeyou, What a stinky sesspool of atheiestic reasoning, a real den of iniquity.

I'm glad that I am blessed by God and not caught up in that same unbelief. I'm sure the bad example of "so call Christians" has warped your reasoning to think the way you do. Living in the faith and trust in the God of Israel makes life so much more reason for me to be alive. To be without hope in God's salvation is really a dead end.

The apostle Paul said under inspiration of the Holy Spirit in Romans 1:16-32. all your perverted ideas are the result of not listening too and seeing the things God has created,and rejecting what God has done for us. God is your judge not me. God says you are without excuse and has given you up to think and do the perverse things that you do. But we know the judgement of God is according to truth against those who practice such things, Romans 2:1-2.

Inspite of your perverted reasoning, that is only for a short time while you are alive, Christ will return and relieve you of your demented reasoning which comes form Satan the devil, Ephesians 2:1-8 . It is through grace that you can be saved because Jesus died for you. He can also make you alive through his sure mercies. You will no longer be strangers and foriegners but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God if you choose to do so, Ephesians 2:19-22. Do you believe this yet? No, but Christians Win and all doers of abominations like atheism and sexual perversion, if not repented of will be ashes under the feet of the saints and will lose, Malachi 4:1-6,Revelation 21:7-8. Read the 'Book the Holy Bible' it will tell you how to survive, John 14:6-7,15, Revelation 22:10-15! Choose life - get a real life in Christ Jesus!

The lionswhelp

lol

I have a real life thanks.

GLORY BE TO BOB !

11. profile image0

<Inspite of your perverted reasoning, that is only for a short time while you are alive, Christ will return and relieve you of your demented reasoning which comes form Satan the devil, Ephesians 2:1-8 .>

But Bob has a better sense of humor, which dusn't cum form the Devil or form Christ just form Bob.

Bob will show up at the end of days too and give you a sense of humor. So don't despair. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)