Am I being penalized for duplicate warning--not my fault

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Missing Link profile image69
    Missing Linkposted 13 years ago

Hello,

This is for a Hubpages employee.

One of my hubs has a duplice warning.  This is not my fault.  Another site took my article and posted it on their site without my consent and without giving me credit and will not take it down.....they are unresponsive to my contacts.  They do not list an author name at all.

Thanks!

1. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same problem here.
      I've sent DMCA notices, even changed the Hub now (since the DMCAs were ignored) and I still have the little duplicate thingys.

Missing Linkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's a bummer and hassle isn't it, I'll be pursuing the DMCA thing and working on it more,

2. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is not an issue for the HubPages staff.  As clearly stated in the TOS, you retain ownership of your content and you are responsible for handling any infringement issues with other sites.  It's only an issue for the staff here if someone in this site copies your work into another Hub.

ok, thx!

3. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If your Hub is indeed older than any of the copies out there, and you can prove it, HubPages can grant you an exception to the "possibly duplicate" flag you're seeing. You should contact support about that.

HubPages can't go after the copies out there, as relache explained.

don't think I can prove it cause I originally had it on E How and after the disaster there with them  I moved it to Infobarrel and  got very little traffic then just recently moved it to Hubpages.  Things are working out well here.  Ill look into this more though per your feedback.  Thx!

4. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you send them a formal DMCA notice? 

Do they have Google ads?  If they do, you can click on the "ads by Google" link and report them.

I will work on  DMCA. 

Here is the copied article that is causing me to be flagged for duplicate content

http://www.listown.com/answer/how-to-kn … drome-1583

great idea per the google thing--I will work on that.  Thx!

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image83
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marisa Wright, that is very helpful to know. I hope I remember it.  Thanks.

5. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a decent hub on this topic http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Deal-With-Plagiarism

I tried to make it as simple as possible, hope it helps.

Thx, I will read it

2. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

If you can provide difference of publishing dates..that will greatly help you. If this other site has adsense ads or other ads..you can contact Google or the advertiser and inform them so that person will lose all credibility, $$ and accounts. Just some thoughts. hmm

thx, will do

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Sometimes it takes a minute for Google to take care of DMCA infringement issues.

I've had to send them a few on the same hubs before they take down the copied content, and most of the time, I get a second email where they are telling me that the content is already removed. Sometimes I've gotten counterclaims, and the only thing the attachment says is that the owner has already taken care of the concern and removed the info, but at the time of the second report, it was still posted. Just give them some time. Sometimes they're quick about it and sometimes, they're slow.

Thanks

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Did I miss something in the translation of "duplicate" tagging of hubs?

Duplicate means that there is another copy of the the material post somewhere else online.

The OLDER version get priority over newer versions, so that would mean that your hub has to be older than the other work out there. If HubPages Staff or admin has tagged your work....as a duplicate, then obvious your work is not older than, therefore concluded as duplicate of the other's work, and not a duplicate of your work.

Just a thought. I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong, but either way, that's my 2 cents. smile

ok, thanks

5. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I was flagged once for duplicate content, but it was purely my fault.  I write a lot of articles and make a lot of hubs that are related, once the content was so similar that  I got flagged for duplicate content, I changed the hub wording a bit and the flag was removed. Although both content (articles and hubs) were originally mine the similarity was to close and rightfully flagged duplicate. smile

thanks

6. anujagarwal profile image57
    anujagarwalposted 13 years ago

Just few days back, I too faced the similar problem. 8 of my pages were copied. But after sending mails to every possible i.d. and filing DMCA, that guy reverted back and removed the content.

Send a mail at 1688@idc2008.com
    This mail-id is registered with the domain you mentioned. Maybe you will get some reply and told him that you have already filed DMCA complaint with Google.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)