sex for the first time..

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. vanessa12 profile image57
    vanessa12posted 13 years ago

Does a woman always bleed when she has sex for the first time?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i was originally going to say yes because i know girls usually get their hymens broken during their first sexual encounter.  or least that's what i learned in sex ed back in school.  lol.  seriously, though after hearing a couple of other ladies, in this forum, say that's not always the case, now im confused by that now myself.  i thought all women bled the first time they had sex because of their hymen breaking, but i guess im wrong.  oh well.  sorry, i couldn't be much help then.

2. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no..bleeding occurs due to rupture of hymen..but that rupture can occur due to different reasons too..

3. snagerries profile image68
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No thats not necessarily true everytime..

4. olivia39 profile image53
      olivia39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, not always.
      When a woman has penetrative sex for the first time, she may bleed and feel some pain because of her hymen breaking.

5. vydyulashashi profile image59
      vydyulashashiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no a woman need not bleed for first time in sex..
      the bleeding will occur due to disruption of hymen layer present in the vagina..but in many cases the bleeding is so minor that the blood will not leak out and will stick inside the walls of vagina.

and this hymen layer is so sensitive that eat can be torn off very easily like while u play,u stretch or even when u fall in a pit or over a bike.

many husbands suspect their wives without knowing the fact about this and will spoil their beautiful relation..

so be aware of this folks!!!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

No.

3. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

Sometimes yes... how old are you?

1. vanessa12 profile image57
      vanessa12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

would you mind if i say secret? smile

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

And, I haven't the foggiest clue. lol

5. rickky01 profile image59
    rickky01posted 13 years ago

i think it happens to both party so am going with yes

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Ok to update my first answer.

All women have a hymen. The hyman is a piece of tissue inside the vagina that does not cover the entire opening. In some (reasonably rare) cases it can survive all the way up till the girl loses her virginity.

Breaking the hymen can result in bleeding. However most women break their hymen during physical activity or during day to day life or don't have any sign that it broke during their first sexual encounter.

So some women do bleed when they lose their virginity but many do not. If you bleed the second or subsequent times it might be wise to talk to your obgyn.

And as to painful first time sex - it seems to be 50/50 - for some women it can be painful while others have little or no pain at all. With the right partner, foreplay and lubrication there is no need for pain.

You have just as greater chance of falling pregnant the first time you have sex as subsequent times.

So the basic lesson is: The first time you have sex and every time you have sex after should not be a great deal different in most cases. However you might be a bit more confident after the first time because you know what you're doing!

7. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

not always, but it is not unusual for this to happen on one occasion, but it should not keep happening.  If it does then you may have a medical problem.  Hope you are well

8. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I spotted my first time

9. william22 profile image56
    william22posted 13 years ago

i would say yes! lol my gf bleeds the first time she had sex with me wink

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya but it is not always the case..

10. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Nope, not always. As was mentioned earlier, some physical activities (horseback riding, etc.) can cause the hymen to break, or if she has, shall we say, gotten solo practice prior to the first time. However, even without these, there still might not be any bleeding...like if he's really, really small...yes, I do know that one from experience.

11. leeberttea profile image57
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

I can't wait to have sex for the first time! Any volunteers?

1. allison24 profile image57
      allison24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you must be kidding! lol

12. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 13 years ago

No, a girl will not always bleed when she has sexual intercourse the first time. Nowadays, with girls more active in sports, a girl could easily break her hymen while doing gymnastic routines, falling, etc.

13. taylorsweets profile image54
    taylorsweetsposted 13 years ago

for me, i spotted the first time! and it hurts lol

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

gee, how appropriate is this thread in a writer's forum?  oh well. picky picky picky  seems like a veiled attempt to excite hubbers and maybe solicit sex?  or am I the only one that thinks these kind of threads are weird? so many better places to seek that kind of attention I would think.

1. stevenjones05 profile image56
      stevenjones05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you dont like the topic then do not drop by smile

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

my right to voice an opinion when I see more and more threads like this that are very thin excuses.  Why not just talk openly about sex if you want?  No?  is it against some rules to do that?  yes.  I guess it kinda is, kinda isn't

now I'm confused.  I should want to share my experience about losing virginity?  uh.  uh huh.  sure.

hahahaah lol it's your choice

1. mega1 profile image80

curious to know why guys always come streaming to these kind of "girl topic" threads, though -  any ideas about that?  maybe I can figure it out for myself smile

is there something wrong about that? we guys are just sharing an opinion. that's it wink

1. mega1 profile image80

you're right - that sounded really sexist of me! Men should be wondering about first-time bleeding and talking about it - openly!  really!  still . . . the bleeding?  you're all interested in that?  or turned on by the title "sex for the first time"  and then the pics of young women?  not that there's anything WRONG with that!  hahaha smile smile smile  turn ons are turn ons and nothing wrong with them - unless - oh heck.  who cares.

probably should go see if I can hear the voice of God for awhile in that other thread.  smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)