Creating the Universe

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (62 posts)
  1. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Do you create the universe, the universe creates you, or both?

It could be said that you create everything you see and sense by your mental interpretation. If it takes the mind to determine all physical reality, would it take a mind to build all physical reality? If it wouldn't take a mind to build physical reality, why is a mind needed to determine physical reality?

1. profile image57
      stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting questions.

The universe existed before you, although you can't perceive or interact with it other than the short time you are alive.

Physical reality exists regardless of a person's mental state.  It's why any person who steps twenty feet in front of a swiftly moving heavily loaded semi/lorry gets turned to jam.

Careful, some of the questions lead to solipsism.

2. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

very interesting question my friend...

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  2. JulesGerome profile image60
    JulesGeromeposted 13 years ago

You don't create the Universe. You only interpreted it

TruthDebaterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I see interpreting as creating the images in the mind, so how is this different from creating it?

1. JulesGerome profile image60
        JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The difference is called ' materialism' Your mind doesn't create mater. Interpretes what the mater is.

1. profile image57

The three states of matter:

Matter, anti-matter, and doesn't matter.  wink

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
            ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. profile image57

Thank you.  I'll be here all week.  wink

3. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

"Do you create the universe, the universe creates you, or both?"

Interesting theoretical line of questioning here.  However, I guess we will never know. Since our greatest minds don't have a clue, I won't even try to pretend that I would have one either. 

Nevertheless, very interesting line of questioning.  I'm curious to read the outcome.

Thanks IntimatE, maybe none of us have a clue, I would still enjoy your thoughts.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, I really do not have a clue.  However, I find your line of questioning to be the most intriguing.  Imagine our world a matrix of our vivid imaginations.  That means that somehow our collective body of minds are somehow interconnected.  That we on some level must be telepathic. 

You know the government has been documenting telepathic science studies for years.  In one of their projects, they take a person and have them concentrate on a particular building in Russia, France, anywhere and they show them an aerial view of the building for a brief minute or two. 

The government has proven that people have the capabilities to look inside the bldg, give exact details of the interior (like what pictures are hung on a wall to where the phone is setting on a particular desk), along with giving details of conversation that was taking place during that particular moment.  It is as if the person sitting in the chair in the USA is channeling inside the mind of someone who is walking the halls in a bldg over in Russia lets say.  Really amazing stuff, furthermore, if this theory has any weight to it, I think that this study is a direct link to providing data.  Which I think is an amazing possibility.  Don't you?

Thank You. That is pretty amazing stuff, it is hard for me to even imagine how it's possible, but I can imagine it being possible. I have a pretty good idea there are a few undiscovered senses we have, but don't realize yet. I don't know about thought frequency and if that has anything to do with it, but it seems possible considering we can often predict or be close to predicting how someone is thinking or feeling, or what they are thinking by how they are acting or feeling.

Yeah- deep stuff.  But if everyone is seeing the "pyramids" the same way, in relationship to the theory mentioned, then we must be interconnected somehow for it to be the same.  Do you see what I'm trying to get to?

Yes- very interesting stuff.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If so, the Nobel institution would like to talk with you, unless it actually is something you just imagined being possible. wink

Sounds like a lot of nonsensical and conspiracy theory hearsay. smile

3. profile image57

The government has?  Objective supporting evidence please.

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
            Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the cold war remote veiwing experiments were killed by congress in the eighties after years of questionable success, the experiments were carried out by the CIA and was the inspiration for the movie "The Men Who Stare At Goats"

1. profile image57

Too bad they don't stare at rabid fundamentalists.

Please note I'm not indicating you're one.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

You can ignore the universe/reality, but that universe/reality won’t ignore you.

Thanks. You make a strong point. So do you think the universes creation is stronger independent of individual creation or do you think there is balance between the two considering it takes much individual interpretation to survive?

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Before that question can be answered properly we would have to determine what a universe is.
           "A parable of the universe"
       It can be said that each of us is a universe or solarsystem in and of ourselves.

And these interact (sometimes colide) just as other solar systems do way way out there ??????

I don't think that we create "OUR" universe but we do get to do with it as we please up to the limit of the power that we have within it, as does everyones.
      And we sometimes feel like we live in a pinball machine.

As I posted above your remark, maybe the universe is a matrix.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea ..   our posts overlaped.  When I read yours I said to my self.   OOPS

Oh yeah no that is not what I was referring to, but I just didn't know if that is kinda what you might be thinking.

Might not have been exactly,  but kinda,  at least a parallel thought pattern.

Yeah..., we seem to do that don't we?tongue 

I guess one can say that we are two peas of a pod.smile

I see that happening quite often.

I've thought about (If I had the time and fortitude) going back through everything that some people have posted in here that I agree with,giving credits where credits are due, formulating a single but differet conclusion than they intended.

That would freak some people out to see their common beliefs instead of the dirrerences.

I guess it is all in which side we choose to focus on.

we are like neurons connecting to form, once again a model of the universe. it is such a repeating pattern.

That could be one of the posts that should be included in my before mentioned project.

I gotta go out side for a while.  House may fall down If I don't tent to a few things.

Will be checking back in from timt to time.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Ah, that is so true.  I think there are more people who agree with each other, than disagree. 

Maybe that can be related to the matrix theory somehow.

That is true.  People agreeing more than they know?  HUMMMM

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64

http://www.ted.com/talks/henry_markram_ … crets.html

I love this talk so much I must have posted it ten thousand times. But this kind on answers that.

6. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

Hi TD,

We definitely create our universe. And that is already known. The way the brain works is it gathers information from the senses and makes an interpretation of it BASED ON WHAT YOU KNOW...meaning if you do not know what it is, YOU WON'T SEE IT.

What the senses see is another, how we remember what we perceived is directly linked to emotional associations.

There was this interesting special that explained this.OH wait. eveybody must have heard WHAT THE BLEEP? It told a story about the first indian that did not see the ships coming from the sea because he has not seen it before.

Also our eyes can also see things relative to the needs of our biology. WE look at fruits and see color, because hey we need to know which fruit has what goody. But is the banana really yellow outside of our perception? Flies don't see yellow. So whose right, the fly or us?

What reality seems to be outside of our senses is this : NOTHING is there but energy transactions.

Are we positive that flies don't see yellow?

as far as I know they see contrasts and red.

hm...., what color are contrasts?

light and dark, do you have information?

No, I was just wondering.  I agree with Beez on this one.  We know how and where color originates, so.......... unless we are a fly I think there is room for error in what science says a fly can see.  I guess we should of left that question up to Jeff Goldblum.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RLDUqk0GK2j3dM:http://www.celluloiddreams.co.uk/images/thefly2.jpg&t=1

However, I went to the link and what an interesting project.  Blue brain, even has a catchy name.  I hope this all really works.

lol, true...true... but we are here now.

Indeed we are.tongue

So have you seen this guy talk in real life?  Is he for real?

Who Markham? No he was in California. The Brain Geek here in New York is a beautiful woman who studied attention in Cornell. That was interesting too.

Her metaphors are succinct. According to her, we have a watchdog that watches out for our long term goals underneath the tasks of the day and when it sees something in line with that long term goal. it derails the task of the day to pursue the longterm one.

Kind of like, trust your feet, it knows where it is taking you.

Flies and other insects with compound eyes can see colors. In fact, they can see frequencies we can't see, like infra-red, for example. smile

Colors are nothing but the results associated with light absorption of the materials properties of reflection and dispersion of photons, their length and frequencies. It is the light receptors within any species eyes that determines what colors will be recognized. smile

exactly

7. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

I gotta cook breakfast, hold on.

8. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

When i look up i see a universe. How did i create that? It was/is just there and i saw it. The eye registers things around us by light reflecting off the object. If i see a ball in the backyard it is because the ball is there, i did not create the ball, i just walked into the backyard, that was there before i got there. More likely the manufacturer of the ball created the ball and the manufacturer of the universe created the universe.
    I still had my hands in my pockets while all this creation was going on.

and people say religionists have some weird questions  lol

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Very much like the manufacturer of the ball, where do I find the "Made by God Inc." label in the universe?

1. profile image57

bro would be very upset to find the 'universe manufacturing label' to read 'Tiamat the Dragon.

2. profile image57

Objective supporting evidence the universe was manufactured and manufactured by your imaginary buddy?

Secondly, who manufactured your imaginary buddy who manufactured the universe?

If your imaginary buddy didn't require manufacturing then the universe doesn't require manufacturing either.

I am tempted to answer this....but it will take so much time. lol
        and i do know its rhetorical if not sarcastic (oh wait sarcastic if not rhetorical)

2. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.6000years.org
        All you have done since you joined hubpages is harass the religion forums. I owe you nothing.

but if you want to do a little research instead of....

3. ceciliabeltran profile image64

that is true in one level. but then there are hierarchies of truth that you can reach beyond the functional one...you don't have to.

4. ceciliabeltran profile image64

Ok I'm going to say it...bro. update. for your own sake. start with quantum mechanics.

9. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

So the materialist view is that thought is the sum of it's parts created by the universe, the dualist view is that thought and mind are separate from the body which creates the universe and all physical reality?

What is the best evidence from the dualist view that mind is separate and the creator of all physical reality?

once again, excellent questioning.

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The sky fairy gone dunnit! lol

1. profile image57

No no no.  It was the Tooth Fuzzy!  Harrumph.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Blasphemy!

1. profile image57

Die.  Heretic......  wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)