If you are given a choice to live life, How long you wish to live ???

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

If you are given a chance to live life as you want, then how long you wanna live ?

1. tthudium profile image60
      tthudiumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to live  to be too old, because I dont want to suffer pain if I have arthritis, or any other disease type thing that you get over the years. But I would also like to see the future stuff. With the technology aging over the few years I say in about 50 years, they will have that thing where they freeze you, but I don't thing I would do it.
      Thanks for the awesome post.

2. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

3000 years...

3. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forever!

4. C.V.Rajan profile image58
      C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely till the day of death!

5. cblack profile image56
      cblackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A couple of thousand years if I could stay young. Would love to see all the new generations in my family.

6. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i would never grow up,lol.i would like to be a naughty healthy kid forever

2. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I want to be forever young, and live forever smile

3. profile image0

@tthudium: we are mortals and everyone has to get old. You are right that our true life time is best to live.

@camlo: hey young man smile good luck

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

It would depend on my health.

1. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey.. tell .. how long smile
      ok, what your health says right now ? big_smile

5. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I'm in my mid-twenties so fifteen more years are enough for me. I don't want to die like old man.

1. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

40ish isn't old.
      And just look at all the people nowadays who live to be old without ever BEING old.

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol. You know i can't imagine my face with dark circles,wrinkles and white hairs. I got one white hair strip already. lol

1. camlo profile image83
          camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine myself ever looking like that either. And I'll make damned sure I never do smile

2. profile image0

Hey enjoy your life, you got the golden time. You have your whole life ahead. Put aside all your worries and enjoy each and every moment of your life. You can make your life last forever if you avail the chance to enjoy your current time smile
          Cheers big_smile

2. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

skyfire, you make me laugh.  You must be very young to make a statement like that.  Fifteen years goes by in the blink of an eye.  So you want to die at around 40 do you?  Well, I can't tell you how much Iife I've lived, fun I've had, places I've travelled, and things I've done since I turned 40.

I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma when I was 29 and spent the next few years fighting for my life.  It changed everything for me.   I plan to be around for a long, long time and while I'm here I'm going to squeeze every drop out of life I can get!

I wish you a long and happy life.  wink

He he.  Thanks. I Wish the same for you smile

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I'm having such a good time in this life, if I could stay looking 35 and be in good physical health, I'd say... FOREVER!

7. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

This is a tough question. I certainly do not want to outlive my children.
    I watched my Mom at 82 pass away. When she turned 80 she lived life to its fullest but she always said how much longer do I have she did not dwell on it but you knew it was in her mind. Many of her friends had passed my father had been gone for years. She only had me and my sister, we were very close and she was never alone. To be honest I don't really know how long I would like to live.
    Really great question!

8. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

You know what, this is hard question.  My dad is on oxygen, but not in pain, he has his thinking capacity still, he enjoys watching t.v. has a wonderful support system, and has his rights.  We are told every day of the rights of the elderly in my job, in a nursing home.

Sometimes the day to day pressures of life, can be much harder to put up with than old age, if you are in no pain, and have the right kind of people around you.  modern medicine is a wonderful thing.

Ideally i would like to die in my sleep pain free, not in debt, and at peace with all family members, whatever age that was.....

9. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 13 years ago

Jeez this is a happy topic!!

as it happens I'm celebrating my 510th birthday tomorrow and I don't look a day older than 480.

I've been around blocks that never exisited, fought in several religious wars, was part of the Dutch settlers (I was a travel consultant)who landed on what is now Manhattan Island.

I defended Galileo (in court until it got dangerous then I left), joined the Spanish Armada (and ran away when we lost)and had several affairs with European queens and missed the gallows by minutes on several occasions. And here I am still alive to tell the tale.

You kids don't know your born

This reminds me of famous movie "man from the earth".  big_smile

10. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I'm gonna live forever
    I'm gonna learn how to fly
    High

I feel it coming together
    People will see me and cry
    Fame

I'm gonna make it to heaven
    Light up the sky like a flame
    Fame

I'm gonna live forever
    Baby remember my name

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i hope you do Greek One i really hope you do

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you too!

11. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Forever and Ever and Ever and Ever....

1. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Remember..
      Remember..
      Remember..

1. Joy56 profile image68

amen, lean man

The fifth of Nov, gunpowder plot shall never be forgot.

12. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

All kidding aside, I'd like to live as long as I can still enjoy good health, do the things I enjoy, have money to spend, be productive at my work which I love, and not be a burden on my children.

As long as I can still have that, I'll be beating death away from my door. He'll have to hunt me down and drag me off kicking and screaming because I do not intend to go quietly. However, there are worse things than death and I am a coward, so I have absolutely no problem going out on my own terms when I feel the time is right.

1. Joy56 profile image68

likewise

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as somebody on this Earth needs me...

2. profile image0

Parents can never be the burden on children. Parents raise, take care, feed and give so many sacrifices to protect their kids and provide them as many facilities as they can.
      But when they get old.. why they think they are burden on kids, Parents are great blessing. Without parents we can never learn the ups and downs so easily.

Live Long ... smile

13. swapna123 profile image61
    swapna123posted 13 years ago

Reminds me of vampire movies ! If I am young and capable of doing my own work.. then, for eternity smile If not, then definitely before I become a burden to the rest of my family smile

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as i can be productive!

14. Devanni profile image60
    Devanniposted 13 years ago

Provided I am healthy, independent, and functional, several lifetimes.  There is so much I want to do (without even counting the selfish things) that can't possibly be done in a single lifetime.

1. profile image0

so.. are you seriously willing to live more than 100 years ? smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey - my Grandfather is 96 years old - I am certainly planning on it.

Given the choice - I would want to live forever - in my 25 year old body, and reserve the right to kill myself when it got too boring. big_smile

1. profile image0

Yes you should big_smile

2. Devanni profile image60
        Devanniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it took that long, then yes.  I dream big. smile

15. profile image49
    Dorin Goodfellowposted 13 years ago

I would wish to live for as long as I'm going to live anyway. Wouldn't want to disrupt the natural order of the universe tbh.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To live long you have to be happy with your life. If you you cry and complain and suffer and quarrel with everybody and pity yourself, and eat for three and drink for five, and feel sick and depressed and blame everybody, - you are not going to live long. Somebody upstairs will get tired of your whining (and wining).

16. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Don't want to be old...

17. profile image0

I've gone through a research report which tells that average life of a person is 45-50 years sad...

We see dreams, waste time in chasing those dreams and finally rest again dreamless... thats life smile

18. sugz profile image67
    sugzposted 13 years ago

in biblical times they lived 200yrs plus.. why can't we do the same.. it's all about hwo we look after ourselves and what we do with our lives..
    i'm already told my kids, i'm living till i'm 160!

19. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

....until my genes run out of time.

20. Info Bucket profile image63
    Info Bucketposted 13 years ago

Till the last day i can be young......

21. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

One hundred years but remain healthy!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)