I'm confused, Can you help me

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (29 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I don't know how to check what I've earned with Google and Amazon.

Can anyone give instructions?
    ThankYOU!

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

EXample: for august only my average is .10 and my total is 2.74

what do I look for?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Click these links and login.

https://www.google.com/adsense/report/overview
      https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … /main.html

And yes - I am quite disgusted that you are writing hubs telling people what to do to make money on hubpages and then asking questions like this on the forum.  sad

I have done those before.

One can write hubs on other things like what you should do to make money like basic stuff.

Are you really disgusted? :-O

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Yes. I hate liars. Sorry. sad They disgust me.

Most of my hubs on hubs are about basic tips like commenting on people's hubs or the one which was my 50th
            I don't think I said I made money or lots of money.

As I said - I hate liars. You know - liars who write hubpages titled. "Essential Tips to Make Money on Hubpages For Newbies" and then ask dumb Kwestions that demonstrate they are liars like "I don't know how to check what I've earned with Google and Amazon."

So - yeah - you are a liar. I really hate liars.

That OK with u?

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
                Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I gotta tell you, THIS is precisely why the Internet sucks, and, if I'm being totally honest, why HP is going to end up with no credibility some day if they aren't careful.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
                  Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why?  Because of what Mark said? Or because someone is trying to write about something she obviously doesn't know about?

2. Pcunix profile image89
                  Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, but..

I can point to dozens, maybe hundreds of people here who research keywords, find something they think they can make some coin with and then research it until they think they know enough about it to write a hub.

How is that different?

I don't like either one, by the way.  I think you can write about things you have little experience with, but under most circumstances I think you should let your readers know your failings.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
                    Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Door number two. I pick door number two!

Pc, to a large extent, you and I are on the same page with that debate.  Yes, you can read what others have written and rewrite it optimized to make money.  That's how the game rules were written, so you can't blame people for spotting the angle and exploiting it.  It's too bad that the original work, the folks that put in the time to do the research or that paid the money and actually owned the product they reviewed aren't getting paid for what they wrote, but, that's just how reality works. 

A non-expert trying to act like one by "translating" someone else's work leaves stuff out without knowing it.  You don't know what you don't know, so while you may THINK you understand perfectly what you read, if you aren't really an expert, you have no way of really knowing.  So when you put stuff out there, you might FEEL like it's spot on, when in truth, you're wrong and puking misinformation out onto the top of the Google pile, where hapless searchers will believe you.

The best example of this I've heard of so far was a few months back an electrician got on the forums and had a tizzy become someone had put eronious information in a hub about electrical work.  The forum poster was really concerned because he felt someone could get hurt.  That's why "peer reviewed" work is so important.  HP is NOT peer reviewed work, but it gets prioritized like it is in that what we write appears to the trusting populace as "best" information because it's on top.  So, if the OP of this thread does her homework, her money making tips will be top of Google and people will read her stuff instead of Sunforged, Ryankett and Relache's stuff (just to make my point.)

Google is like a library where the librarian has gone insane.

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

You mean finding the totals earned? For amazon log into your account, click earnings report and then select exact period and put in the dates. Then click display on page.

In adsense select since last payment through the drop down menu or go into analytics and select a time period.

where is the drop down menu? I don't understand any of it

1. mailxpress profile image49
        mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sign into your Adsense account, click on Advanced report, under show tick channel data, box pops up click all, under groups by click both, under choose units tick combined then click display reports.  This should help you go through the motions to learn it better.

Do you have your channels set up?  Setting up channels is a good basic way to start to learn how to view the statistics.

Sign in and click on Adsense Setup, then click on channels, then click on URL channels, then click on add new URL channels to add channel to track.  For example, place in the box hubpages.com or shetoldme.com and so on.  Don't use the http:// only place the Domain name.

Let me tell you, if you don't try you won't learn.  Don't allow anyone to intimidate you or make you feel what you share not worth it.  We all had to start somewhere and anyone who truly understands what they are doing online to earn revenue and now earning revenue didn't understand it in the beginning either.  We all learn from doing.  It will get easier and over time you will understand more and more.

I hope this helps you learn more about Adsense.

thank you , mailexpress
          I was able to do some of this!

1. mailxpress profile image49
            mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome.  Keep learning to keep growing.  We were all new at one time.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

yep.! I hate atheists!

I am certain you do. What does that have to do with you being a liar?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah...I have missed you, Mark!  I agree completely with you.  If you have only spent a short time here, can't figure something out as simple as how to check earnings, why do you think you can give any advice on how to make money here?  I also hate liars.  Shouldn't you actually write about something you know something about?  How can you tell someone how to make money writing on HP, if you don't even know if you have made any money, yourself?

The Hub is about what things you have to do to be successful (or make money)
          Is that so hard for you to understand????

Rebecca E write tons of these, and I know she's all knowing on this, but why not use keywords like make money --everything I said on there I ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT --I may not be making lots of $$, but THIS IS THE WAY TO MAKE $$-------MY INFO IS CORRECT, AND I WROTE WHAT I KNOW.............It's just the title, but anyone can make money if they do what they should, AM I RIGHT???     THINK ABOUT IT AND TELL ME WHAT THAT IS WRONG

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aren't believers supposed to love everyone despite their faults?

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, as a Muslim explained to me in another thread, I have been taken over by Satan.  Apoarently it happened at birth, because that is the only explanation he has  for why I never did have any religious belief in spite of my parents heart-felt attempts to indoctrinate me properly - thry even had me baptised twice :-)

So they really aren't hating me, you see, just the devil who took me over and prevented me from loving Gawd.  Kind of like hating a haircut, I guess. 

These people are scary..

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your religious experience was similar to mine!  It didn't take on me either!  Apparently, there will be some "cool" people in hell!

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

or rather ones that argue constantly about it.
    so we''re even. I don't go in "there" anymore.

5. Benjimester profile image88
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

Mark it always makes me smile how you know how to find people's buttons smile  I'd back down schoolgirl.  I think he's got you on this one.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)