Yesterday I had about $41.00 in Adsense "since last payment"...

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

And today it's $16.68. How did that happen?

I made payout recently, and I got the check last week. I was thinking I might make payout again this month, with a forty-one dollar total. But now it's clear I won't.

How did my earnings since last payout get so drastically reduced overnight?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here I checked my adsense after four days last night and almost 60 USD were deducted. I got paid last 25th of August.

1. ngureco profile image80
        ngurecoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your earnings since last payment is your total earnings since 25th last month up to today?

Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I think they deduct the amount they're going to pay you long before you get the check. So, they shouldn't deduct it again a second time after the check is printed.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

yes ngureco, they deducted almost 60.

2. Aya Katz profile image84

Prettydarkhorse, I hope they rectify it soon.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Yes aya, I will check again tonight, I think I read a notice somewhere that they are going to update last months earnings in the tenth of the Sept. but it is not yet the 10th.
          I hope they correct it really for you too and everyone who has same prob

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

well isn't that good news!

congratulations.

Thanks! I'd happier, though, if I understood what was going on.

3. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

Don't worry. If the last payment was made on 22nd last month, the earnings since last payment is the total earnings since then till now.

Sometimes, earning since last payment is the total for all earnings that are not yet paid out - even Google themselves seems to get confused about this.

Well, I hope Google are not getting confused! Anyway, nothing should have changed drastically between today and yesterday.

4. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

First, are you positive you checked the right section this morning?  'Cause I know I have gone into a panic for checking the wrong thing...

Second, yesterday my daily earnings fluctuate some, up and down, over the course of the day... Maybe they are calibrating something that is affecting the numbers we see. 

Third, is it possible that most of your clicks came from one or two sources, that may have folded?  I was under the impression that ads are pre-paid for, so this seems unlikely, but someone may have been cheating with how they paid.  hmm

1. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just checked mine, and it is down about $20 since yesterday, but all of the other stats are still the same, and my payment history has not changed.   

With the # of people experiencing this, I would be willing to bet it is a glitch.

Yes, its a glitch. It was there again about nine months ago.It was discussed on forums here before Google corrected it.

Oh, so it'd s glitch! That's a relief.

I've checked and double checked. It's definitely "since last payment that I clicked." They already deducted the last payment before, and I was up to $41.00.

Just go to 'advanced reports', and check total earnings between 24th August up to today's date. That total is what they are calling 'earnings since last payment'.

They (Google) will sort themselves with time.

Yes, Ngureco, you are right. I did that, and it tallies.

5. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Congratulations on your payout Aya!

Check your payment history to see what happened.

Thanks, Flightkeeper. It appears to be a glitch, so I am sure it will get taken care of eventually.

6. adrienne2 profile image66
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

Congrats to you on your payout!

Thanks, Adrienne2.

7. geargirl113 profile image60
    geargirl113posted 13 years ago

Congrats on the last payout! I think they were moving August earnings around and making it ready to do payout. My amount since last payment went from $81 and then down to $64 and then back up later in the day. It was differing by the amount of my August earnings. Hope this helps.

Yeah. It does seem to be something they are doing with the August earnings, because my August earnings tally with what my "since last payment" earnings were before this morning.

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

That doesn't work for me. I made payout in June, and by the end of August I had more than enough to get a second payment.
    Now when I check (after reading this thread) , I am back to just hitting payment again. So I guess its down 20-30€

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Something is screwy.

I made $80 for June.
    I made $85 for August.

Meaning my account should have $165 in it, not including what I've made for this month.

However, since last payment says $129.

Someone want to explain it? Or think they can?

10. bgpappa profile image80
    bgpappaposted 13 years ago

So glad I checked here.  Same thing happened to me.  It appears to me that August earnings are missing.  They say they are doing a system check on the 11th,  I think giving Google until after that maintence and see if the problem is fixed.

Congrats on the payout - love it when that happens.

11. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My August earnings are listed.
    When I check my total earnings for all time, it says 173€. They sent me one cheque for €80.That leaves 93€? But they say 73€, so there is 20€ missing.

12. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I have the same thing, dropped almost in half from yesterday to today.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He's funny AND he earns money.
      I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But your feet show it... they're Longfellows.

Sorry, that just came out. You can thank my mom for implanting that rhythmic reflex in my head when I was little.  big_smile

And I don't make much, but it does buy beer every two or three months, which is why I am VERY concerned about this discrepancy.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine too. I was watching it inch up to $96 from last pay-- and this morning it was down to about 73-- now about 80- Hope someone is keeping track over there.

13. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Google engineers doing some site maintenance on 9/11/10. So there may be some error on this.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep.. Hope it is our favor. Not fair to get our hopes up then have them dashed. We work hard for those pennies.

2. Shadesbreath profile image76

I saw that announcement on there.  Couldn't help wondering if they weren't taking it down to avoid a cyber attack or something.

Seriously? Have there been announcements about plans to attack Google?

No.  No, don't let me start a rumor.  I didn't hear anything. I just noticed the date and thought it seemed interesting.  I'm a sci-fi and fantasy writer, don't forget, my imagination just does that sort of thing to me.  And the date is, well, significant.

14. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

congratulations on your payout-

15. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

I can't get my payment history to square with the earnings since last payment at all. According to my payment history, my balance at the end of August was a little over seventy dollars, and that's after they cut the check for my payout. But, earnings since last payment stand at about eighteen dollars this morning. So, they're only counting what I earned since the last check went out, even though the balance wasn't zero in the account at the time.

Hopefully they are aware of this discrepancy and all will come right in the end.

16. Juliette Morgan profile image61
    Juliette Morganposted 13 years ago

Interesting about site maintenance on 11/9/10 - my adsense stopped working early am last Sat 11/9 and didn't show any data for 11/12 Sept and came back on Monday 13th pm - I'm in UK.  I run reports for those dates specifically and the report just says "no data" and I've had clicks and impressions for many channels, not just hubs but sites.  Anyone out there also missing data for those days?

I don't think I'm missing data, but the data doesn't always stay consistent from one screen to the next.

17. abinavis profile image59
    abinavisposted 13 years ago

That's a good start.
    I am even getting nothing.

Have you signed up for Google Adsense?

18. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Mine's fixed now, it jumped back to where it was and filled in moving forward.  I'd say they fixed it based on mine.

I think it is fixed, and now my all time payment history and my earnings since last payment are consistent with each other. However, my three months payment history and my all time payment history are still inconsistent, as my three month payment history shows me with a balance of seventy dollars or so at the end of August, while the other pages support the contention that my balance was only about thirty dollars. Have you checked to see if your three month payment history is entirely consistent with your all time payment history?

No, I haven't.  I'm too lazy.  I figure it will all "come out in the wash" as they say.

You're right. It probably will all come out in the wash.;->

19. kdchozhan profile image58
    kdchozhanposted 13 years ago

I want to know more details about online business with all ad publishing program

If you want to put in the time, there are some great sources you can read and learn from.  Here is a list of people who have many articles between them that will help.

http://hubpages.com/profile/sunforged
      http://hubpages.com/profile/Mark+Knowles
      http://hubpages.com/profile/ryankett
      http://hubpages.com/profile/darkside
      http://hubpages.com/profile/relache

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)