How you become a hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (38 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

Tell us how you become a hubber?

1. YU_First 1 profile image59
      YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was through my face book. I landed on a post about alternative living leading to hub pages. It piqued my interest. It was much later though, 3 or 4 months later, that I joined...

2. profile image0
      Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I learned about Hub Pages through another content site (not going to say which one). The other content site didn't allow me to write about the topics I cared about, though, even though it paid people for articles. So I mostly just wrote for them for money. I realize some people write for multiple content sites, but given a choice, I'd rather write about my passions and earn money eventually than write a bunch of stuff for money that doesn't mean anything to me.

3. warchild75 profile image62
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stumbled across it and read a couple of very good hubs on how to make money on hubpages so stayed,annoyingly after writing 20 or so hubs i then wrote only a dozen or so more the following year,i wasted that year if truth be told,only this year have i got my head down and started making money!!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I stumbled across the site. Decided to join and here I am. lol

3. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

My friend told me about the Hubpages.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Go to my profile, scroll down past all the crap I wrote on it until you see,  "By the way..." (just above where I list a bunch of blogs), and sign up there.  (It's the only way you can become a Hubber  wink   wink         (Please make sure to notice the winks here.  I don't want to get in trouble for telling people stuff that, shall we say, isn't entirely true.   smile  )

5. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

I was doing a web search, saw an advertisement and joined!  What a great decision it was too.  I love HubPages and the community here.

jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your story.

6. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

In one of my darker moments, when I decided I didn,t want to life in the outside world and become a recluse,I stumbled upon hubpage while surfing.The best thing I ever did.It gave me a platform to help get some s**t out of my head and write about some personal issues.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..one night with a glass of red wine at my side, i decided i needed to write 'stuff' and it was the very first site i came across...i have no idea how many other sites are available...so i guess i got lucky?!

8. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

I was looking for tips on how to increase traffic..google search led me to hubs..initially i didnt join..just read the hub and forgot about it...after few  months i again searched something which led me to hub..at that time i read what hub is all about and then joined it..thats how i became hubber..

9. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 13 years ago

I was thinking about writing for some time about my everyday experiences raising 4 crazy but beautiful kids when I came across the HubPages website.  I was hooked instantly!!  I have to say my greatest goal was met when I actually received a comment from another mother (not from HP) who was experiencing a health problem with her daughter that I had experienced with my son.  It was a feeling of accomplishment to be able to connect with her and I owe it to being able to write on HubPages!!!!!

That is wonderful!

10. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

I was looking for a place to write online, blogging didn't appeal to me and then I stumbled upon Hub Pages, it was blabber at first write, I should say and a hubber was born.  lol lol lol

11. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I signed up and became a hubber. lol

12. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

After several Vodka's. True smile

13. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

@frog lol

I cannot remember-was a while ago too-honestly haven't a clue

maybe I had vodka too yikes

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Almost the same here lass ... I shall wait though. Simões will be here in a couple of months. Now that will warrant more than a drop of the ol' tatty juice.

And who knows ... maybe I'll join once again, under the influence, and dream up another equally memorable but utterly ridiculous hubber name - like Licky Lips or Incontin Ence big_smile

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

pee.

lol

14. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

but confused-what is a hubber?  Someone who hugs a lot?  then yep, I'm cool cool

15. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

Thanks all for your comments

16. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I have been wanting to write a book for years and have lots of pieces (semi-chapters) written but have had a tough time putting them together into one cohesive and coherent book.  So, I took a couple of courses at the local junior college and expressed this situation with my instructor.  She advised me that I may be more suited for writing articles rather than a book.  She herself wrote articles online (not at Hubpages) and thought I might enjoy it too.  I did a search for online writing sites and found an article by someone on HubPages talking about their experience here.  I joined that night.  I had several articles published before I finished the 6 weeks course at the college.  The instructor was quite pleased.

Here it is, almost 2 years to the day (Oct 5 is my anniv) and I still love it.

17. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

I was surfing the internet and found hubpages... really a useful platform, at that time I was not sure about the addiction and usability of HP... but with the passage of time I learnt to use it. And now without HP ... really i feel that I am missing something ....
    smile

18. A la carte profile image60
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

A friend invited me and am very glad she did:)

19. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

In an indirect way.  I read an article in Time magazine about eHow (or what used to be eHow).  I sort of stumbled on HubPages when I started investigating other article writing sites.

20. Cordale profile image70
    Cordaleposted 13 years ago

Saw someone say in a forum that the best way to make money online is to have a few hundred 'hubs' under your belt.

Googled 'hub' found hubpages.

Made an account.

Here I am now :_

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to see Cordale has left.
      Take it he got booted after revealing on the forums he was under-age? Hope he comes back when he hits 18.

21. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Was curious to find out it it was really true that you can make as little as even $10 online.

Stumbled on HP's name in a $10 ebook i bought through a Warrior Forum member.

Visited, joined and hit it headlong without really knowing 'jack!'. I loved (and still do) its simple to use features but i never discovered the forums until a few months after, so obviously, i was writing crap, but was loving every minute of it.

Then i discovered the forums, just by chance, and then the learning process began for me.

Well, today i can say "i am pleasantly surprised" smile

22. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I searched for ways to make money online, found an article suggesting a few sites, signed up to one. That was Hubpages. I remember doing this.

I then had a look at the site, got confused, went away and forgot about it completely. Made money online in other ways. Then read something else about Hubpages, possibly the very same article, went to sign up again and was told that I had already joined.

Requested my forgotten password and it said 'ryankett, 0 hubs, 0 followers, 11 months'. And the rest was history.

I am 100% certain that somebody here is my referrer. I am intrigued, and just hope that it is somebody I like! I find it amusing that somebody is sitting around delighted to have me on their referral list. Good on them!

23. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I can't actually remember. :-)

I had started a blog just a couple of months before, and I think I was searching for good places to backlink (because I'd dipped my foot in the SEO lake of knowledge.)

I found this site, thought it appeared interesting. I was bored and wrote an in depth article. That article took off and is now one of my best - I don't think I'd still be here if I hadn't seen it take off!

That is a great experience!

Nice to see you here

24. Purple Perl profile image48
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Someone sent me a link,but I shunned it. I was already running a few blogs. Looking for more ways to earn online kept bringing me back to hubpages. Read a few hubs,especially on how HP earn me some bread, and chose to begin hubbing. Liked the HP community who help when you require and chose to stay on. I have loved hubbing since then. Kind of an addiction,too!

25. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I was searching for deshi auntie photos and found a hub on it and signed up immediately lol lol

I signed up after reading a hub by ten blogger on interesting interview question.

That is great.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

26. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I'm almost embarassed to say that I found HP through a spam email I received - you know, one of those that says "Hello, learn how I created an extra source of income using a free website..."  I was stupid - or smart - enough to click a link and maybe one or two more before I got to HubPages. 

I was nervous and skeptical but thought I'd give it a try.  I wasn't even looking for a way to make money online and had never heard of affiliate marketing.  That was almost 17 months ago...

That is awesome.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

27. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

I had signed up for a website that was building up writers. Unfortunately they didn't take off and I began looking for other sites to do my writing. That is when I stumbled across HP on my facebook page. I have been here every since.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)