I stumbled across this sad news about our Hubber Friend Linda Crampton

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 5 months ago

Posted by Anita Crampton

To all of you who new Linda Crampton she passed in her sleep this afternoon she was diagnosed with ALS about three months ago. You can usually live about two to five years with it but Lin’s version was progressing very fast. She was at G. F. Strong on the 19th refusing home help for us.  Today she died very shocking. Our mother died of the same horrible disease. I will miss my sister so very much. So will our pets. I noticed both dogs and cats were staying very close to her these last days. I noticed it but it seemed far too early.
    She was kindness personified but not many people knew her she was so exceptionally shy. She wrote on Hubpages and thoroughly enjoyed it. She lived to see herself quoted in a newspaper. She was a science based writer. She spent her working life as a High school science teacher and when not overworked loved it. She was sadly forced into retirement at 65 because she went deaf. No reason was ever found for this deafness.
    She loved her family and her pets. She would do anything for them except take a day off work. Her biggest nightmare was our cats are all geriatric and yet another one could use a visit to te vet. At seventeen she was afraid what the vet would say. She loves them all so much. She had no off switch for her love.

The link to this on Facebook is:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … tid=Nif5oz

Yet...when I checked Linda's account here on Hubpages...it shows an article has been updated on November 2, 2023.  Here's the link:
    https://thecrimewire.com/institutional/ … -Hospitals

Here's a link to her Hubpages profile
    https://hubpages.com/@aliciac

1. Kenna McHugh profile image91
      Kenna McHughposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Of late, I thought about her often, wondering why I hadn't seen her post in the forums. And now, sadly, I know why. She always posted positively and in good form. She's one of the original writers of HP, and I've enjoyed her work through the years. Thank you, Linda, and I wish you a pleasant journey.

2. Khanmaria12 profile image48
      Khanmaria12posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Sad .. May her soul rest in peace

3. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Oh dear, sad news come out of the blue. Linda has hundreds of articles on all kinds of scientific and environmental issues; great pieces on the natural world too. She helped form the backbone of HP over many years and gave positive help and sound advice to newcomers and all here on the forums. Rest in peace Linda. Thanks for all your work.

1. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Very Sad news!! RIP Linda!!

2. bravewarrior profile image87
        bravewarriorposted 5 months agoin reply to this

This is shocking news! Beyond sad.....

3. Robert Sacchi profile image84
        Robert Sacchiposted 5 months agoin reply to this

This is sad news.  Thank you for letting us know.

4. Madeleine Clays profile image96
        Madeleine Claysposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing this, Brenda. I am very saddened by this news. Linda was an exceptional writer here on HP. Her articles were so well-researched and thorough. She was one of the writers I most admired here on HP. My prayers are with her family. Sudden news like this reminds me of how fragile and uncertain our lives are. We never know if we will have another day or another hour.

5. MizBejabbers profile image88
        MizBejabbersposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry to learn of this. My condolences to Anita and the rest of Linda's family.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 months agoin reply to this

This is shocking and makes me very sad. So glad she is no longer suffering from ALS! We must find treatments and cures for this horrid disease. Peace and love to her family and friends - and cats!

7. Misbah786 profile image85
        Misbah786posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Oh no, what a tragic loss! I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this. She was the sweetest person, always selflessly helpful. I have great respect for her; she has always supported me and cared for me. I always enjoyed her comments on my poems. I never enjoyed science, but I have always loved reading her fascinating articles on science. I also enjoyed her love for poetry and her unique style of writing. I have learned a lot from her. I am so sad to hear this news. She was such a sweetheart. I agree with Rupert; she was a high-quality person. My eyes are blurred with tears as I write this. She will be greatly missed. Thank you for posting this, Bredz. As for her updated article, the dates change when editors edit the articles. I am so sad. I can't express it in words. RIP Linda. You will be missed! ❤️

8. Mike Grindle profile image96
        Mike Grindleposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Very sad news. RIP.

9. erorantes profile image49
        erorantesposted 5 months agoin reply to this

My condolences to her family and friends. It is a sad news. She left good memories of her. For certain she is in heaven resting in peace.

10. erorantes profile image49
        erorantesposted 5 months agoin reply to this

We will miss her. My condolences to her family and friends.

4. Rupert Taylor profile image96
      Rupert Taylorposted 5 months ago

That's horrible news. She was always very helpful in guiding newcomers. We exchanged pleasantries here but I can't say I knew her well. However, she always seemed like a high quality person. A big loss.

Brenda Arledgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

It is indeed sad news.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Linda's articles always amazed me.  She wrote so much about nature and the critters that walk this earth.
      I loved them all except for the spiders...
      She always had a kind word to say & sent me messages on my work.
      She will be greatly missed.

6. surovi99 profile image83
      surovi99posted 5 months ago

Linda was a renowned and popular writer here. She will be deeply missed. May she rest in peace. Thanks for updating us with the sad news, Brenda.

Thanks Rosina...
        It's just so sad that we didn't know about this earlier.

I did send a message to the team about her work being updated in November.

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 5 months ago

Shocking and sad news! She was a great writer and a helpful and knowledgeable contributor to the HP forums. She will certainly be missed here.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Linda joined HP thirteen years ago, so she was already writing here when I arrived. Consequently, she's always seemed like a permanent and positive feature of the site, someone who was always publishing and helping newbies.

While many others have come and gone, Linda never seemed to stop.

As I have multiple accounts, I'm constantly signing in and out. It's impossible not to notice that out of all the featured authors on the signout page, she's the only one who appears to have remained active here.

And she was still writing and editing right up until her illness stopped her, it seems.

8. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 months ago

This is such a shocking news!
      Such a talented writer and so helpful. We have been following each other, since I joined HubPages. We are friends on Facebook too.
      I don’t know how this post didn’t appear on my FB feed. I just checked on FB, that this was in September.
      I was thinking of Linda lately, as I couldn’t see her active here.
      She has contributed excellent articles on HP.
      She will be greatly missed by everyone on this platform.
      Thank you Brenda for sharing this with us.

9. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
      Daughter Of Maatposted 5 months ago

This is so sad. She had been here about 2 years when I first signed up for Hubpages. We went through the apprenticeship together when HP offered it. She was an accomplished writer and very thoughtful. Her articles were always very thorough. She was someone I learned a lot from.

She will be missed. May she rest in peace.

10. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago

Oh, that's so sad. I noticed she hasn't been on the forum for a while. God bless her.

11. Angel Jennings profile imageSTAFF
      Angel Jenningsposted 5 months ago

We will miss Linda and her wonderful contributions to the HubPages community. She was a prolific writer with more than 600 Hubs! Her passion for nature, science, and education was truly inspiring. We are so lucky that she shared her knowledge with us.

I found this poem Linda published that perhaps some of you would be interested in reading:
      You Died Today: Thoughts About Death Plus a Nature Poem

1. Kenna McHugh profile image91
        Kenna McHughposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Nice, Angel. Thanks for sharing. That was a lovely poem in true Linda style.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Perfect one Angel.
        I enjoyed reading this one!

It truly represents her views in science, nature and life.

3. Jodah profile image90
        Jodahposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful article from Linda, Angel.

4. janshares profile image92
        jansharesposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Sorry, I tried but can't read right now through tears. Thanks for posting this, Angel. Will come back to it.

5. Deepa damodaran profile image88
        Deepa damodaranposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Such a beautiful poem. Rest in peace, Linda.

6. Misbah786 profile image85

Thank you, Angel. I remember posting this poem by Linda on forums. I have always loved reading her thought-provoking articles and poems.  Here's the link.
        https://hubpages.com/literature/forum/3 … -linda-cra

12. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
      Gregory DeVictorposted 5 months ago

This is really devastating news. I too noticed that she wasn't posting on the forum recently, but I thought that she was just taking a well-deserved break. I too will miss her.

13. Peggy W profile image95
      Peggy Wposted 5 months ago

Thanks for letting us know about Linda's passing.  I always enjoyed reading her well-researched articles, and knew that I would learn something new by reading them.  May she rest in peace.  She will be missed!

14. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Rosina Khan alerted me about Linda not posting on Hubpages lately and then I looked to see if she had been posting on Facebook.

So Rosina is definitely a friend one can count on.

Now...she has alerted me that Ravi Rajan hasn't been posting for awhile either.

I cannot find any information, so does anyone have any updates on Ravi???

1. Jodah profile image90
        Jodahposted 5 months agoin reply to this

No, I noticed that too. Ravi had been very active her, and then suddenly nothing. So, this is also concerning.

2. Misbah786 profile image85

I have his email address, and perhaps I can email him to ask if everything is alright. Have any of you emailed him?

15. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 5 months ago

This is very sad news. She was such a great woman.

I pray her soul rests peacefully.

16. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 5 months ago

Oh no, what devastating news. Linda had been here as long as I, and was a cherished friend and colleague here. I have always enjoyed her wonderful articles, and she was very supportive in return. I had also noticed nothing new from her recently, but never expected this sad news. Thank you for sharing this, Brenda.

17. eugbug profile image96
      eugbugposted 5 months ago

That's so sad. Another one of the community gone. Sympathies to her sister and family.

18. Bills Place profile image85
      Bills Placeposted 5 months ago

Hate to her this, I'm horrible with names but looked at her profile and recalled the profile pic.

19. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 5 months ago

Oh my goodness. This is so sad and shocking. AliciaC/Linda was part of the fabric of HP. What a loss to this community. She was always so helpful. I know I just had a forum exchange with her within the last few weeks! I always admired her as a top performer here, setting the example for all of us. SMH. sad Jeez. Tomorrow is not promised. May her lovely soul rest in peace.

20. alexadry profile image95
      alexadryposted 5 months ago

This is so sad. I had the pleasure of meeting her in Canada some years ago. She was very kind and soft-spoken. She will be missed. RIP Linda.

21. Carb Diva profile image95
      Carb Divaposted 5 months ago

This is so very sad. Linda was such a knowledgeable, prolific writer and so helpful, especially to new people just getting started. She has been a part of this community for as long as I have been here. She will certainly be missed.

22. Kobby95 profile image87
      Kobby95posted 5 months ago

My condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

23. MsDora profile image93
      MsDoraposted 5 months ago

Sad news, indeed! I miss her already.  All those fascinating scientific facts about creatures we never knew existed. I was always amazed at the marvelous details she shared. We lost a sterling-quality hubber. My sincere condolences to her family and to all her HP friends. May her soul rest in peace. Let's be kind to one another!

24. Gianella Labrador profile image84
      Gianella Labradorposted 5 months ago

Linda has helped and support many aspiring writers here always answering queries, constructive feedbacks on improving articles, and a great friend to many here in HP. May the family and loved ones find the strength and love from above in these  trying times .

25. Deepa damodaran profile image88
      Deepa damodaranposted 5 months ago

My heartfelt condolences. I have read her articles and have seen her always on the HubPages landing page as a successful HubPages writer. It creates a void in my heart to think that she will not be here writing anymore. Such a loss to our community.

26. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 5 months ago

Very shocking news, Brenda. Thanks for letting us know.

Linda has been a nice friend to us all. I never imagined that she went into reclusion with deafness all these days. But she has been brave. I miss her now. May her soul rest in peace. My condolences to their family members.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 5 months agoin reply to this

The Facebook link provided is not accessible to us. It is perhaps allowed only for a few friends.

I don't think her sister made it accessible to the public, only to people who were her friends on Facebook.

That is why I posted it above... (it is the Facebook post)

Word for word.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
            Venkatachari Mposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I know that fact. You are kind enough to post it. I simply wanted to let know others that the link is not clickable. That's all.

Once again thanks to you.

27. CYong74 profile image95
      CYong74posted 5 months ago

I’m saddened by this news. I’ve never interacted with Linda but she has long impressed me as someone with an educator’s soul. Her advice to new writers is always objective, terse, and cordial, the way you would hope for a teacher to be. Her passing is a great loss for our community. My condolences to her family too.

28. Pamela99 profile image90
      Pamela99posted 5 months ago

I am shocked to hear about Linda. My condolences ro Anita and her family. Linda was always helping people on Hubpages, especially new people. I know she loved her dogs. too. She will be missed.

29. Titia profile image93
      Titiaposted 5 months ago

Sad news. I always read her posts here, she was a big help to everyone.
      ALS is such a nasty disease. Wishing her family the best.

30. Moondot1822 profile image95
      Moondot1822posted 5 months ago

This is so sad and shocking. She was so kind and generous. I remember how she helped me at the beginning of my writing career. I can't hold back my tears. I loved her dearly. She was a wonderful person. She’ll be in our thoughts and prayers.
      Stay blessed and healthy, Brenda. 

31. Vellur profile image95
      Vellurposted 5 months ago

Really sad to know about Linda passing away. It is a great loss, she was an excellent writer and a wonderful friend. May her soul RIP.

32. Farah N Huq profile image82
      Farah N Huqposted 5 months ago

It’s a great loss for HubPages and the writer community. Saddened to hear the news. May her soul rest in eternal peace.

33. Abby Slutsky profile image93
      Abby Slutskyposted 5 months ago

So sorry to hear that. She seemed like a sweet, caring person. She will be missed.

34. GmaGoldie profile image81
      GmaGoldieposted 5 months ago

Our prayers are with her and her family. I read her post on the fraudulent nurse - unbelievable. How could someone have 67 arrests? And be a nurse or caregiver? The poor patients. Amazing story.
      @Brenda - thank you so much for sharing.

35. Joanne Hayle profile image95
      Joanne Hayleposted 5 months ago

That's so sad. She will be missed. Thanks though for sharing the news with us. X

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)