The best way to prevent cancer

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. JKSophie profile image71
    JKSophieposted 15 years ago

For me, it would be based on the food we eat and lifestyle.  Taking care of oneself is very important as well to prevent cancer or any diseases.  A lot of prayer would be anther way. big_smile

1. desantis profile image61
      desantisposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello JK sophie and yes you are right. It is based on the food we eat and lifestyle. What we have to remember is that bacteria causes a lot of diseases and proper holistic nutrition by way of balancing your PH levels will beat disease and keep you very healthy.

2. steimmanbernard profile image60
    steimmanbernardposted 15 years ago

its an OPEN SYSTEM theory. this is like a chain INPUT-OUTPUT-feedback

meaning what we intake(INPUT) it will process(OUTPUT)and whatever you intake whether thats good or bad there is a consequences or might a reward(FEEDBACK)

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

Another overlooked possible reason for cancer is our emotional states.
    Extreme and prolonged stress levels can have an influence on our DNA.
    Right now, in this economic climate, I hope all are keeping a cool head and
    trying to stay calm.

4. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

You can eat a totally healthy diet for all of your life, and pray 10 times a day, and still get cancer.  There was one of the first natural/organic food gurus years ago, I forget her name, who died of stomach cancer.  I'm sure there have been very pious ministers who have died of it as well. 

You can reduce your risk of cancer by eating healthy, and not having bad habits like smoking or drinking, but it doesn't make you immune.

My grandmother died of liver cancer caused by eating too many sweets.  It's not the alcohol in the liquor that kills you, it's the sugar.  She never drank more than a small glass of wine once or twice a week in her life.

Breast cancer has nothing whatsoever to do with what you eat, and has been proven to be genetic.

So live a healthy lifestyle, and reduce your risks, but neither food nor prayer will save you from cancer.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said. I don't like being told I was responsible for my breast cancer alone. But, I was diagnosed with cancer after a very stressful time at work.

1. profile image0
        daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The truth is, your breast cancer probably had been there long before you stress at work.  The genes that made you prone to it were probably in your body when you were born, and something happened that made it come to life.  Stress simply makes bad situations show up because it compromises your immune system, making whatever is wrong with you show up in some other way.  You didn't go to the doctor and say "I think I have breast cancer", I'm sure.  You probably got sick in some other way from stress, and they found the cancer.  Most cancers are diagnosed not by the symptoms they cause, but while looking for another disease.

My lupus was diagnosed after major stress as well, but unlike cancer, lupus is sometimes caused by long term (years), unrelenting stress.  I went through several years of severe stress, and it at one point caused my immune system to shut down completely.  When it came back up, it went into overdrive, thus the lupus.  Now my body is fighting itself.

Having lupus, I am much more likely to have cancer, because my immune system is compromised.

2. JKSophie profile image71
      JKSophieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's a good one!  Thanks!  This will definitely help those people who want to prevent having it (whatever type of cancer it is). smile

5. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Depends on what type of cancer!

~thranax~

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. You know, for a snot nosed brat, you're not too dumb.  *grins lovingly*

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not too dumb? Probably smarter then 70% of the population for such a wide range of topics smile

~thranax~

6. weasley profile image59
    weasleyposted 15 years ago

Dafla,
    Yes, that's so true. 
    I am one of the Healthiest people in my family, and did all of the right things,
    and yes I learned I had Breast Cancer in Jan. of 07.

I ate more salads and vegetables than meat.  Drank a lot of water, always filtered.
    Took great vitamins, supplements, herbs, etc.  Worked out, stayed in shape,
    never overweight, don't microwave food, tried to not eat any hydrogenated foods,
    some alcohol, never smoked, no drugs, you name it.

I feel that from looking back on my life, and now meeting and comparing notes
    with others, Lifestyle has more to do with it as well.

At the time I was working for the most toxic person I had ever met.
    I was very depressed with the career choice I had made, and where I was to
    go from there. Couldn't think straight, make decisions, losing money, etc.
    I was, of course, not eating well, not sleeping, quit working out, my whole
    life pattern had changed. I finally walked away.

Later with in a few months, I found two lumps.  No one in my family had ever had
    Cancer at all, much less Breast Cancer. It was caught early, but fairly aggressive.
    Already gone to first sac of lymph nodes. 

Before I started Chemo, I wanted to step up my nutritional intake to ensure my
    immune system would be at its optimum.  I researched the recommendations by the
    American Cancer Society.  I found a perfect amazing Whole Live Food Supplement
    approved by the American Cancer Society and hailed by many well re noun Doctors,
    Medical Universities, Hospitals, Researchers, the list is a mile long.

What was my Chemo and now Health weapon of choice?? 
    Juice Plus+  Boy perfect for Chemo patients, due to the fact you can barely eat.
    Its like juicing 17+ fruits and vegetables and you get to drink it down in a capsule.
    Compared to most, I did better than anyone the Chemo Lab had ever seen. They said
    I made it look easy.  I had my days, but for the most part, I looked like a normal
    healthy person.  Now I continue to take Juice Plus+, and I was the only one that did
    not get sick thru the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm suppose to be the one with the weakened
    immune system. yeahhhhhhhhhh!! 

Everyone needs to check out what the Medical Professionals have to say about
    Juice Plus+, but especially those of us who have already experienced the RATH
    of Cancer.

7. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 15 years ago

antioxidants will surely help.

vegetables, fruits, nuts and grains, ..but sometimes I do eat cakes, pizzas, etc. :-)
    c'mon you can't resist all the time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)