Why Have So Many People Left?

Jump to Last Post 51-68 of 68 discussions (257 posts)
  1. hot dorkage profile image74
    hot dorkageposted 13 years ago

I just stay pretty clear of the forums.  It's better that way.  And I just sit on my body of work.  and I might still write a hub now and again, but lets face it they don't earn much $$.

2. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

sent you an email with a pic (though not a very good one) - Happy 10=10=10!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'll check it out.....101010 back at ya!

3. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

wow some pretty heaving reading there, do not know exactly what is going on, but glad to see you Ryan, Blondepoet,kimbeley, Doormatno more.  What a crazy world we live in..... Keep up the hub love. Brenda xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I will never leave you Joy, no way hosay. xoxo

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am happy you staying, Deb ♥

I am staying for you too Mish, especially with that gorgeous new avatar, oooo. smile

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aww thanks Deb smile

Loving your pic too - even though you did not change it for ages. wink

Hahaha that gives me incentive to change it, next one will be my cowgirl one from the outback of Wagga Wagga. smile

2. Joy56 profile image68
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

aw thanks of course i meant heavy reading..... We are all lurking out there somewhere, glad to hear it....

4. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I read the stuff posted on that blog. Just looked like more of the same ole stuff on the forum wars here....only more so.  Sometimes it's just time to let it go. Personal insults hurt, unfairness hurts; but it happens everywhere.  To each his own to stay or leave, leave with drama or silence, leave in anger or hate, leave in forgiveness or with a grudge.

It's sad that it manifests in another bash & lash forum with no holding back. I'm sure that for whatever reason those individuals left, they had a right to their feelings. And their anger is justified. But stirring it around won't make it go away, either. It always helps to talk it out with other trusted indivduals. That's what group therapy is for.

I can admit to my own sarcasms, but when used with humor, I see no harm, especially when no harm was the intention!  Have I been bullied or attacked at some point? YEP. What did I do?  I ignored the comments. And it was rather brutal! I have no correspondence with the individual. But the words hurt, none-the less.

Moving on..........it's always hard. Get a punching bag, I say.

5. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

I think that people leave sites for many reasons, even those who never participate in the forums. I like online forums, and I have found that people just get bored, or aggravated with all the back-biting and petty politics, or they move on to other pursuits.

For an example, a friend recently left Facebook. She had over 1,000 "friends". She joined FB to get hits to her articles, which she didn't get (at least not comparative to how many friends she had). After a month away from FB, only 3 people have tried to contact her to find out why she left. Nobody else cares.

This isn't the real world. While I enjoy socializing on forums, if one gets too hairy or childish for me, I just leave. Nobody cares if I leave, by and large. Even in real life, how many of you have left a job swearing to keep in touch and have never seen those people again? How many people from a real life situation have sworn they would call or you would get together, and didn't?

The internet is even more volatile than real life, and it's easier to walk away when you find something unpleasant, change your name, come back anonymously. Happens every day.

Or maybe they just reached a sustainable level of income from HubPages and moved on to build up a library somewhere else.

6. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

I think the forums get really immature and writers move on to more mature conversations in other forums on other sites -

7. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Tons have left because of the forums.

1. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's childish all in itself. If you don't like the forums, don't come here except to ask questions. That's what I do on Demand, and even when I do go to the forums, I don't go to the General forums. There are a million forums online. If this one doesn't do it for you, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm sure there are Hubbers that just opened a different account and don't come to the forums anymore.

8. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

well some have left because of certain, interactions that take place in the forums.  But there are some who go further than that and actually start emailing, and defameing, outside of the forums.

And that has caused some people to leave.  There are quite a few people here who will belittle, and insult people for not having the same beliefs as them.

9. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

GAAAWWW!!!
    After reading "Pedantic Hubpages" blog for 10 minute I feel like I peed, pooped and threw up all over myself.

Not worth the trouble.

For people who want to take responsibility of their lives and actions, they go where they need to and make associations with people who are similar. Not to say that HP is filled with such people, but I have made some GREAT associations and friendships here, and have invested myself heavily in an emotional way with some of you. Worrying about your troubles and set backs, encouraging when some of you are feeling like a failure here...the list goes on.

HP has been nothing but great for me. So what if the forums are filled with venomous vipers who are screaming for help! Let them find their way and their own peace, and let the rest of us realize we are exactly where we need to be in life, and that now is the only place to begin positive change for the future.

And that coming from yours truly, who was one of the biggest victims on the planet for the first 50 years. But now life is good. Not easy, not without setbacks and not uncomplicated. But I've worked damned hard at taking responsibility for my life and actions, and as I've done it, I've been lead to the most amazing places, opportunities and people. And many of all three of those things have come from me daring to write hubs at hubpages. 

This is a good neighborhood. It's quirky and wild and sometimes unpleasant. So what. Find a place that isn't.

Thanks, my friends here, who have encouraged me, befriended me, and told me to keep writing.
    Keep rockin'.

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice to see ya Daniell - I consider you one of my best friends here on hub pages smile  I haven't been around much - still cleaning up the mess that has happened to me - but glad to see your still here - I'll miss cossett tremendously - sad to see one my my faves leave sad

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to see you too, and always hope that things are getting easier for you, not ongoing trauma. I think about you and send all good vibes and thoughts for you and yours!
        smile

1. starme77 profile image77
          starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ongoing trauma at this point - unfourtanatly - but.... things are begining to work out - I think - ya know bad things happen .... but there is a positive in every negative ya just have to find it .... learn from experiences .... take the good out of the bad and keep on rollin smile

10. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Whew, they are all good hubbers, cosette, Ryankett, wordscribe41 and 43, Tatto Guy, Lyricsngray and Darkside.

Indeed they are. And I've even cut my SEO and writing teeth on reading some hubs by some very controversial hubbers as well, and so I can even thank a few of the neighborhood "skanks"!! lol (Said with a certain affection...)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOl!

11. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

there seems to be a kinda ethnic cleansing going on, fight gets a bit dirty dont it.....  so is Ryankett still with us....

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course I am, I alway will be!

1. Joy56 profile image68

ah good i am pleased about that, you're funny

12. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I'm sure Glen got a few chuckles from this one. hmm

isn't one of the four agreements, 'don't take things personally.'
    nothing others do is because of you or me.

it's our own projection of reality that makes us do and say what we do and say.
    a few of the comments here sound delusional.

1. profile image0
      Destrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He did get a chuckle out of this. I however couldn't believe the amount of nonsense and drama being thrown around. Being married to Darkside is busy enough, there is no way I could live with multiple personalities.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you're MARRIED to darkside?  awesome!

1. profile image0

Yes. smile I never come in the forums. Glen doesn't like to 'stress' me with the nonsense, but this thread was something I had to read for myself.

1. profile image0

Darkside really is just full of mystique lol

How surreal, I know a few things about you without ever encountering you on Hubpages. Not personal things of course, but I enjoyed your pictures of that massive multi-story house in rural Australia and hope that your recent relocation went as planned smile

Your husband is a good bloke!

ps. Yes, stay off the forums - the best advice that he could have given you.

1. profile image0

Full of mystery, talent and heart, that's Darkside. The house was not the best photo shoot I've ever had to do, but it was done as a favour to the owner, a family friend. Thankfully I don't have to do Architecture shots too often. smile
              He speaks of you highly Ryan, so it's lovely to meet you also. The house move went really well and we are enjoying civilisation again and the close proximity to family, cafe's and the beach.

2. profile image0
            DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice to meet you. smile  I know once upon a time you were mentioned (in that Darkside said his wife was a hubber..it was before the sock puppet debates of late, and everybody wanted to know who was male or female...) and I THINK (I could be wrong, memory isn't always what it was) someone was clever enough to figure out who you were...I looked aorund but was clueless. ANYWAY...again, its nice to meet you.

1. profile image0

Thank you. Lovely to meet you also smile I didn't realise I was such a mystery. wink I know a lot of your names but not really your hubs or avatars. Sorry. Yes I wont be spending a lot of time on this thread. It's way past my bedtime but work and this have kept me up late tonight. smile

1. profile image0

I wouldn't reccomend staying here long. I have no idea why I am here..tired too I guess? thats when I get into THE most trouble....when I dont get enough sleep!!! Have a great day, I am going to try and not say anything stupid now.

1. profile image0

I am sure you wouldn't say anything silly. smile Sleep is something I have struggled with for years and tonight it seems to evade me even more. Have a lovely week. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi, nice to meet you. smile

that's probably a smart move. it's really kind of sad to see grown adults behave like children. I've worked with young kids for most of my career and it's not too different from what is often seen here. I guess some carry their childhood traumas into adulthood. hmm  like Daniel mentioned, some addictive behaviors here.

hope you're enjoying your new place!!

1. profile image0

We are. Thank you. smile We loved the rural lifestyle but it's so nice to be back home and close to my lovely nieces and nephews.

And working from the city is a lot easier again than being 2hrs away from everything. smile

4. profile image0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that's fantastic and glad to see it.  My husband and mother hub here also but I liked it until now with mom reading all this, my hubby's a whole other thing, he stopped laughing, but when he see's his new haircut he'll be laughing again lol  Best to you both.

1. mega1 profile image80

I try to keep my family out of here - actually they make a point of not being interested in what I write so I don't have to worry. smile hmm
              sad
              wait til they find out I've been using them as characters in my fiction!
              lol

but we're still here, at least!

grinnin' and laughin' and peein'

13. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

oh ninja 's here on hub pages ... wow it's like Basil Fawlty sometimes you never know what is going to happen next.....

here.... Smack on head.

14. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

is it a full moon

15. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

do you know who Camlo's other identity is

1. profile image0

I'm not too sure who Camlo is Brenda?

1. Joy56 profile image68

he is in the forums now...... check it out for me, i want to find out who his other identity is.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't know how to be honest!

Unless he comments on one of my hubs, and by chance I notice the IP address again from another account.

1. profile image0

That was supposed to read "I wouldn't know how to, to be honest" lol

1. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  sorry, super funny typo.  wink

2. Joy56 profile image68

still a mystery then

16. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I noticed the blog, read some. It got silly so I went to read something more interesting instead. I hope it didn't leave everyone feeling too wounded. We're not real you know ... just avatars and words wink

I regret nothing by the way. I always know what I'm getting into, even if I make a complete hash of it neutral

1. Joy56 profile image68

you sad little frog dropping, how are you....

2. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years ago

If you read 'Pedantic HubPages' through, you will find some extremely dissatisfied customers.  All the blog is, is a warehouse for disgruntled folk who have a neurotic need to bitch.
      I have defended HubPages on that blog and have said my peace.  I am content with my contribution to the discussion, but my attempts to reconnect with former Hubbers such as cosette, have met with a sort of disaster-cosette and I decided to communicate via email, but she is convinced I am a 'Kimberly puppet,' trying to infiltrate her world.
      Nothing could be farther from the truth.

It's odd to me that some people only know how to live in a drama. Cosette is very talented. But there is also no doubt in my mind that she is prone to create drama. There are LOTS of people at HP who are similar. I suppose we can all be triggered into some kind of drama in the right moment with the right provocations. I'm prone, I know. But creating drama continuously is like a disease. It's a habit, a need, a craving. The only thing I can think is that there are certain pay-offs to the person who "needs" this in their life.

But regardless, it's a choice to participate, and I really try to avoid participation in such things. It doesn't bring any good into my life. It's time for the good stuff.

3. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years ago

FLUFFY:

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/fluffy-animal-humor-613096_406_582.jpg

1. Joy56 profile image68

so is this a family member or not?

1. mega1 profile image80

friend - friend who is fluffy just like all the other forum stuff! fluff fluff fluff!  and angry fluff!  and on and on and on  even if only in a picture

Still, I kind of like my little fluffy one!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)