Kontera v. Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (40 posts)
  1. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I hadn't checked for a while, but have just done so, and found I'm earning more from Kontera than from Adsense. Is this usual?

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The same has happened with me only between Searchwarp and Hubpages, not my other sites. It might seem that Kontera has increased the cost per click, I hope so.

2. Dorsi profile image86
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting LG. I'm earning much more on Adsense than Kontera, and I think that's common, but hey whatever works is good!
      With algorithms who know why some things do better than others? It's a wild guess I'd say.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I got a *system maintenance* message since Thurs night over at Kontera. I have no idea what my earnings . but .. I just added it few weeks back so it might be catching up? tongue lol .. I cant say right now but at least I am starting to earn now even if it's not a lot but I'm not expecting that till 10 yrs from now, tongue lol

3. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

That's highly unusual for Kontera to beat Adsense - at least from what I've heard and seen from the masses and first-hand experience.  But hey if it's working for you then keep it going;)

4. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

From my experience of running them both, I'd personally say your either making too much from Kontera, or not enough from Adsense. I've been with them both for about 6 months, and I've made 30 times more from Adsense.

Yet that might just be me...

In all fairness LG, money is money, it's good that it's coming in from any place!

5. LondonGirl profile image82

WEll, I've only just got going, so I guess they are both just noise at the moment - will have to wait longer to see a trend.

I've earned about $10 from adsense, and $24 from Kontera.

1. bgpappa profile image78
      bgpappaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on that.  I haven't made a penny yet.  I can't even get Kontera to recognize me yet, even though my hubs have their links.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

bgpappa, I may be misinterpreting what you mean by having trouble getting Kontera to "recognize"  you, but my account was pretty much dead for quite a while; because I didn't do something right way at the beginning.  Somewhere along the way I got some message that the account was not active, but when I'd go try to figure out how to make it active all I could find was "My Account" which didn't seem to offer what I was looking for, and "embed code" (which doesn't work for HubPages).

Maybe (if that's what your problem is and if you haven't done this), e.mail their support and ask for the number you need to add to your HubPages account.  (If I've misunderstood the situation, needless to say, disregard my well intentioned attempt to help.)

1. sunforged profile image71
          sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

did you ever fix this problem? they do hide the kontera code pretty well you have to actually look for it in the embed code

if you go to content link set up tab

you will see a big grey box in the box is the code

"<!-- Kontera ContentLink(TM);-->
          <script type='text/javascript'>
          var dc_AdLinkColor = 'blue' ;
          var dc_PublisherID = 70096 ; <----

the number next to PublisherID is the number you are looking for to insert into the hub console

(that of course, is not my actual ID..so dont get any ideas about using my code and making tons of money

2. WHoArtNow profile image82
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

*shock* lucky you! I've been at Adsense for about 6 months now, just gone past $32 :S

6. LondonGirl profile image82

On both affiliates, it's almost all from one hub. On google, every penny from one hub.

7. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 15 years ago

Hey LG please help. I too subscribed for Kontera. It got rejected once but the second time it got accepted. I mentioned the ID number that I got in the affiliate setting here but still it is not showing. I have never seen it. I have already written a thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/11349 on this forum. There Mark says he has seen it but I haven't seen any kontera ads on my hub yet. What do you think the problem could be? Am I missing something? Please comment on the thread that I have started, It will be easy for me to check. Thanks

8. LondonGirl profile image82

Have you checked your Kontera account? Does it show page impressions?

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry got a bit busy so I didn't get time to check. I checked just now and it shows that the ads have been shown more then 300times. That's great. But only thing is that I have not see ads till date but no worries so long I am earning out of it. smile

Thanks for suggestion

1. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good! Glad it's working for you.

2. WHoArtNow profile image82

I believe that as long as your logged into Hubpages you won't see any of your adverts. Try logging out and checking your hubs then.

Just make sure you DO NOT click your own adds. And with Kontera don't even run your cursor over them as sometimes this can glitch and think it's a click.

Andre

9. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 15 years ago

No I haven't. Will do that and let you know.

10. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

packerpack, you have to be logged out to see the adds..

LG, that's great. I think that Kontera seems to have more clicks than Adsense, but I believe that you can potentially earn much more on Adsense than Kontera in the long run. I think that because Kontera is in the text versus to the side, people click (whether on accident or not) the Kontera links easier than the Adsense, but the revenue per click is very little in comparison to Adsense. If I earned in Kontera per click what I do in Adsense, I'd reach payout very quickly each month, versus it being every 2-3 months or so.

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes Whitney05, I have done that so many number of times but have not been able to see ads even once. But the good thing is that I am earning out of it as their reports shows. I guess they do not show the ads always. Maybe because when compared to Adsense the collection of ads with Kontera maybe very less and hence Kontera may not be showing ads always like Adsense do!

11. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago

When you get a Hub that works with Kontera, they really work well.  At least that's been my experience.  I don't get the sustained income I get with AdSense from them, but when my Kontera's hot, it's a nice chunk of change.

12. LondonGirl profile image82

Well hey, each to his own!

A week or so ago I'd had nothign at all from Amazon, suddenly there are 6 ordered items. Not sure exactly when it happened, because I don't check all that often. It's nice, anyway!

13. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

I've made a lot more on my Adsense than my Kontera.

Yesterday for example
    6000 impressions on Kontera, made $0.43 with 36 clicks
    6000 impressions on Adsense, made $9.83 with 11 clicks

I do still use Kontera, probably because it costs me no money or time to implement it on my hubs. That and I'm hoping one day I'll check it and it will have magically turned into loads of money!

14. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

If you want to increase your adsense earnings per click, you should go to your adsense account and block the commonly low paying advertisers: (competitive ad filters)

Im going to look for  list.,,brb..

blogspot.com
    12-bestsites.com
    dbmoz.biz
    oemji.com
    e-isn.com
    searchignite.com
    info.com
    reviewsbykrystal.com
    shopping.com
    ez-tracks.com
    8-TopWebSites.com
    shopica.com
    faster-results.com
    ringringmobile.com
    e-nternet.com
    clobo.com
    toseeka.com

those are some...but use google to find more "adsense blacklist"

howto use filters

http://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/google- … -ads-list/

i did a bunch of reserach and now my average pay per click is 35-50 cents instead of 3-5 cents

1. WHoArtNow profile image82

That sounds like a good idea, thanks sunforged, time to research!

15. Carolina Crete profile image67
    Carolina Creteposted 15 years ago

Yes thanks sunforged. I've suddenly been getting quite a few 2 and 3 cent paying clicks so will definitely be checking this out.

The main factor of course is the ads that are generated by your content - I checked out one of your hubs -one that Insurance in the title so i would expect a high paying ads and clicks

Your sidebar module had all Insurance - i clicked through on Kaiser becaus ethey looked so dang interesting and I wanted to use my seo toolbar on there page BUT your internal adsense module had ads for mypens, cricket phones and a freebie site - dont know why- but they would all be pretty low paying ads

Im not an adsense master, but the real trick to high payouts is having content that attracts the highest paying advertisers - the competitive ad filters can actually hinder some content producers ...but you will figure that out just fine with a little research

1. Carolina Crete profile image67
        Carolina Creteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great, hope they were dang interesting! No clicks there for me though on my adsense account so Hubpages must have got that one!

Actually, right after having spoken about 2 and 3 cent clicks I found that yesterday my lowest paying click for the day was 40 cents. Maybe the Google Gods were listening??

Meanwhile I've just done some research on the competitive ad filters and low paying advertisers but it seems that you could do more harm than good unless you really know which are the low paying ones, and from what I've read so far that seems to be deducible only by a matter of trial and error.

Back to the Kontera vs adsense question - I've only just added Kontera and no clicks so far (but it's only been on for 24 hours so very early days).

Personally my Kontera clickthrough is pitiful-and my daily traffic across my network of sites and blogs that includes Kontera is in the multiple thousands of impressions- yet I make approx 5% of what I make in adsense....I dont think people are attracted to them-especially when that annoying little preview window comes up when you hover over.

I wouldnt be concerned as long as your Kontera dashboard is showing daily impressions, I would forget about them for a couple of months

1. profile image0

My Kontera clicks on HP are also in the few cents, but I regularly get 90c to 1.20 with Searchwarp.

i get clicks that pay 0.001 sometimes!

1. profile image0

Get with Searchwarp and put your Kontera code in. See my hub how to.

16. eovery profile image60
    eoveryposted 15 years ago

Sunforged,  Thanks for the hints.  I usually do pretty good, form 0.55 to 1.25 per click.  I also find, to write a few hubs on higher paying topics helps too.   I just need more traffic.  I do good on clicks per traffic, I just would like the 6000 traffic that other mentioned.

Also, can you have Kentera and Adsense on the same hub... is this legal?

Definitely legal, also its okay with both of their terms of service

17. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 15 years ago

One thing about Kontera is that they have really good customer service. I have seen these people bend over backwards to help me with issues.
    If you have a problem or question, e-mail them and they will help you.
    Thats the main reason I use them, they try very hard.
    As opposed to *another* company that you have to use the Ark of the Covenant to contact.
    big_smile

18. BristolBoy profile image61
    BristolBoyposted 15 years ago

Just a warning that I believe that it is against Google's terms and conditions to publish Adsense account information.  I may be wrong but that is what I am led to believe.

It may be possibly be against TOS to post a screenshot of your actual earning from their ad console but discussing general earning and volume per month and click ratios, is just called business - or "shop talk"

Thanks for the laugh, Ill remember big brother is always watching

but yes you are right:

5. Do not disclose confidential information about your account like the CTR, CPM and income derived via individual ad units or any other confidential information they may reveal to you. However, you may reveal the total money you make as per recent updates to the TOS.

the key word being individual adsense unit

what is allowed:

directly from adsense TOS -

However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program

19. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 15 years ago

I had registered with Google adsense much before I joined HubPages and already have made payouts. But I joined Kontera only after joined HubPages. I have not reached payout with Kontera   so far.

20. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago

The trick with Kontera is you have to have a really hot hub (lots of traffic) and really good keywords in the text.

My personal best was $168 from one Hub with Kontera in one month.

1. bgpappa profile image78
      bgpappaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is great, good amount of money.  The one thing I have noticed though is what they link isn't always that interesting.  Sometimes the link very vague words.  This may be because of my writing, but I don't think so.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)