Do you believe in life-after-death?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (97 posts)
  1. profile image0
    gulnazahmadposted 13 years ago

If you dont believe in it then what is death in your point of view? Do you think that death is the end of everything and there is no life here after?

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why would one even consider this question:" Do you believe in life after death?"
      What is there to consider and why?
      We are animals and all animals die. Why would we think we are something special that deserves a  life after life?...Hmmm?

1. profile image0
        gulnazahmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every living organism has to answer for his/her deeds that is why there is another life............a judgement day. But if you don't believe in it no body is enforcing any opinion on you.

1. qwark profile image61

guinaz:
          Why do you believe as you do?
          It's easy to say oh yes there is and not give a reason for your belief.
          When ya do that tho, ya just make yourself look like a typical, no knowledge, follower.
          C'mon enlighten us. Tell us why ya believe in a supernatural divinity.

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most of the scientifically minded people here on HP say that they believe in evolution.
               And if the physical side of mankind evolves the psychological side would have to evolve also. It would have to!
              You say that humanity as a whole, does evolve.
            Humanity as a whole operates  much slower than an individual.

Can an individual evolve on a psychological basis within a single lifetime.   And if not, then why not!

I think that it is intended for our psychological aspects to evolve within a single lifetime.

Evolve into the spiritual realm.  What is that?  Prove it you say!
              We can't explain it or prove it cause we haven't evolved yet. 
              But those that have evolved do know and they would be over there encouraging us to come to where they are.
               I know this to be true!  How do I know you ask? 

Cause I can feel their encouraging me to come to where they are. 
              And If I can get there I'll try to tell you all about it.

2. profile image0

I believe in a super natural divinity because
            1) look at the world, the order and balance in the mountains, sea, skies etc, can you say that these all have been created without a creator? If their is a creator then that creator willl be superior to human beings.

2) look at your body each and every organism in your body has been designed in such a way that it completes you. Can you say that all these have been created without a creator? If there is a creator then He is someone above human beings and has much more powers.

3) Science has developed but science even cannot solve the question of evolution and human beings and other organisms creation. Don't you think that htere is some one who has created everything who is beyond our imagination?

4) Time space and so many other phenomenons can you define them? Why people come into this world and then die at a certain time can anybody (human being) tell us the time when we will die?

There is alot of it that says that there is a God and He has created everything.

2. getitrite profile image70
          getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then end this ridiculous thread now. Please.

1. profile image0

This is not ridiculous I think, this is the most serious issue, this is about human beings existence and the most basic question about life.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
              Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think its important too.
              Most of the people in the worlds, greatest fear, is an afterlife

3. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
          Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Every living organism is going to answer for his/her deeds" By this logic are suggesting that I am going to live with snakes and lizards are all those unwanted rodents in my Paradise? Hell no!

I am going to live with snakes and lizards are all those unwanted rodents in my Paradise

Actually that is something to think about.
            Not for the answer to the question .. But ..  the avenues that are opened when ya think about it.

Time to go to work.  By

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

because animal life does not end at death, Mr. Qwark.

1. qwark profile image61

Hi Klara:
          :-)  and why do you think animals don't die and why do you think life doesn't end for them.
          hmmmm?  :-)

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If there were life after death, then there would be no death. It is an obvious and blatant contradiction. smile

1. profile image0

we will die because God has given us limited time in which He judges our deeds.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

I have no idea what you're talking about. smile

1. profile image0

To believe in something or to understand a phenomenon you have to make clear in your mind that there is something that we don't know or may be we are wrong in our belief but if you are sure that you know everything better than others than you cannot understand anything.

Believing in something and understanding something are usually two completely different things. It would be silly to state that one would know better than others because they understand something. That would only show those others had no understanding.

If you just believe something, it's fairly obvious one really doesn't know anything about it or have an understanding. smile

1. profile image0

I don't only believe it but it is a fact dear.

Your believing in things is most certainly a fact. smile

Although there is no evidence whatsoever to support your claim, you emphatically state, with brazen confidence, that it is a fact.  So just how do you expect to convince us of this "fact" without any evidence?

1. profile image57
                    exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

try it you might like it

You state this abject nonsense as if it's a well researched fact.

It appears, in all likelihood, that when one dies, he is totally unconscious.  Then the body decays.

1. profile image0

This is what you are saying because we cannot see people who have been died

2. profile image57

the body decays but the soul has moved on

1. getitrite profile image70

Can you describe a soul, then, can you back it up with some irrefutable evidence?  If not, then your statement has no authority, and should be dismissed as delusional nonsensical drivel.

Like a child who believes Santa goes down all those chimneys on xmas eve.

1. profile image57

so many want to judge Christian's beliefs, then accuse us of judging,
                if you do not believe that is who you are

I never said anything about Christians being judgmental.

I fail to see any reason why I should allow myself to become a victim of a Bronze Age hoax.  It is EXTREMELY clear that all religions are fraud.  I find it hard to believe that I'm having arguments such as this with adults--in the twenty first century.
                  I swear, it's just like breaking the news to a child, that there is not really a Santa Claus.

Believers have NOTHING but faith, but faith in nonsense is invalid, and believers have no right to expect any respect for their belief in nonsense.

1. profile image57

every one believes something,
                    I have felt the power of Gods love as well as seen it, I would go into detail but you would not want to believe what I have seen

2. Richieb799 profile image73
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life moves in cycles, trees shed their leaves in autumn to return again in spring but the tree itself doesn't die

Does the tree return to life after it has died? smile

1. Richieb799 profile image73
            Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was talking about the concept of 'life'(Leaves) regenerating, of course the tree dies in the end but a tree doesn't have a soul to live on.smile
            I think this why some people believe in reincarnation

Neither do you or anyone else. Is there some other point to your tree analogy? smile

3. Ruben Rivera profile image60
        Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe there is no death, we should call it a transition instead.  Good point.

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There will be life after death, I just won't be involved.

1. qwark profile image61

nor will Gulnasa ...lol

4. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me tell you the truth that no one dies! Yes it is truth!

Just soul leaves his one body ( made of 5 elements) and take another new body in human bieng form only.

5. lifeinprime profile image66
      lifeinprimeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really hope so!  So many of my loved ones have passed before me--including a younger brother, several cousins, grandparents, and so forth.  There was so much unfinished business, I'd like the opportunity to talk with these interesting people again--even my 11th grade English teacher.

Of course, I wish I could have been more of a brother, granson, cousin in their living years.  Do any of you have regrets like that?

2. rui paiva profile image60
    rui paivaposted 13 years ago

I honestly do not know! But I hope there is. smile

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Given the nature of energy. and the unknown nature of consciousness, I would say that continued existence in some form is a certainty. This universe recycles EVERYTHING.

3. b. Malin profile image68
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

It's hard to picture myself like a light switch...But I think when I die, my soul and mind will go somewhere else...Do I think Heaven?  That I honestly don't know.  But I can't picture that one stops thinking just because they have left their bodies, which I will add , is no longer needed.  But if we are asked if we want to come back again to this world.  I'd say NO,  A BIG NO!

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

"Do you think that death is the end of everything and there is no life here after?"

...hope not....not here anyway....

5. profile image52
    authorsuzposted 13 years ago

Yes, one continues their life after death. In Mommy’s Writings: Mommy, would you like a sandwich? a personal account is given in the storyline. Death is merely a steppingstone in understanding who one is in God. I know so very little. But there’s one thing I know–God exists. In my knowledge of this truth, my soul is restful and very much humbled in a heavenly creator’s love for his creation of which we are his own. Prayerfully, Mommy’s Writings inspire the love of God and uplifts the human spirit.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author (early 2011)

6. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Existence is a never-ending cycle of lives.Death is not final to Wiccans; it is a confirmation of the continuing cycle, just as birth is. In a sense, it is another form of birth, as the deceased leaves one state & transits into another.

A crossing  is a farewell to the individual, & an opportunity for those who remain to share memories & grieve for their loss.

Remember that we do not grieve for the person who's died; they quite naturally grieve for themselves. A crossing offers the chance to grieve with other's, & to ritually address the loss. smile

There are so many different belief systems and so many common beliefs that they all share that I often wonder what would happen if people focused upon the commonalities instead of the differences?

7. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

Actually, I believe in life after life after death... and it's not as easy as some people think.

8. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

nobody ever really dies.
    you believe that?
    well if not.
    for you.
    Its almost over now.

1. qwark profile image61

Aware: yep!...and when it's over it's over!
      The past 60+ yrs have whizzed by. When my time comes, I'll not expect anything but an eternal, well deserved rest.

9. K.A Bergman profile image60
    K.A Bergmanposted 13 years ago

Of course, I cannot be 100% sure, but I have experienced things that have convinced me that there is in fact an afterlife. Nevertheless, we will all get the answer to that big question eventually, or maybe not.

10. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

my post is a song lyric . the band is n.e.r.d . song is almost over now ever hear it?

11. Anesidora profile image61
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Everything we like to consider our soul or spirit or psyche is just the brain. The brain needs oxygen to survive. Once death comes, there ir no more oxygen for the brain, and it dies, decays, ceases to be, along with everything you call soul, spirit, psyche.

Any lingering 'energy' disperses into the universe unbound and void of 'life', 'memory', 'soul' or anything else which defined who we were.

Though that energy may be collected into another life form at some point after our deaths, it is no longer us.

1. qwark profile image61

Anesidora:
      Very nicely said!
      I agree!  :-)

1. Anesidora profile image61
        Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What's that Qwark? Say it again, I like the way it sounds.

Cause the last time I said as much -on your immortality thread- you said I was just too unenlightened to see that we could evolve beyond that into bodiless brains floating aimlessly and carelessly throughout the universes or some such.

lol

1. qwark profile image61

Anesidora:
          That was a completely different concept.
          What I was speaking about then was man in another couple million yrs.
          That was in response to a hub I had written that you didn't understand....:-)

12. profile image0

And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live (i.e. some people die and others live, replacing them) and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming. And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, their argument is only that they say, “Bring [back] our forefathers, if you should be truthful.” Say, God causes you tolive, then causes you to die; then He will assemble you for the day of ressurection, about which there is no doubt, but most people do not know.
    Quran, 45:24-26

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61

I want to follow my elementary physics that matter can never be destroyed but changes state. I agree with Anesidora that the brain dies. Yes, but there is something extra-ordinary about the brain. I hope am talking to people familiar with "dejavu." The ability of the brain to transcend the sleeping body and be able to register the events is extra-ordinary. It could be that even at death the part of the brain leaves the body and ascends to a given destiny. I can not put my finger to it but I strong believe there is life after death.

1. qwark profile image61

Rajab:
        Why in the world could/would you believe that we humans differ from all other life on the planet and will experience a life after life?
        Pls explain this to all of us who are curious.
        TY

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61

Hi qwark! I am sorry that with your kind of curiosity you must have expected a long and elaborate answer, however, I will keep it short. That I strongly believe that unlike other 'living organisms' we humans have a purpose to life. And that at a certain point we have to be judged according to that purpose.

2. profile image0

we human beings are different because we are given with brains to think and then act secondly not only human beings but every living organism will be judged by God almighty for whatever they did in this life.

13. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i see dead people

14. Arlecchino profile image60
    Arlecchinoposted 13 years ago

I want to believe that somewhere on the clouds another world exists.

15. christiansister profile image60
    christiansisterposted 13 years ago

Life after death is much like birth.
    When you are in the womb, your world is starkly different that this world.
    You are fully alive but you are floating in fluid that fills your lungs, nourishes your body and keeps you protected.
    Your circulatory system is bypassing the normal heart flow.

The placenta and umbilical cord are your life line. With out them you would die.

Then instantly at birth your lifeline is now waste. A whole new you is born. You retain what is essential for the new world you have been born into.

Your blood flow changes track and your lungs must start retrieving oxygen for you.

You died to the world in the womb but were born into a more enormous world.

Some vital parts had to go. Because they are no longer useful in this new world.

16. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Well personally I believe in spirits because of clairvoyants who have spoken to my granddad, but you will probably try to persuade me that this is cold reading or something.

Why should I persuade you into facing up to reality? That is your decision to make. smile

17. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

One persons reality is how one percieves things to be.

Reality is the way it is despite your perception of it. smile

18. Cow Flipper profile image76
    Cow Flipperposted 13 years ago

The question of if one believes in an after-life is a very interesting one... remember that almost all religions believe in some sort of existence after death. I wrote a hub on this very topic a few days ago. Check it out.

19. Jeff Berndt profile image74
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Sooner or later, I'll know. I'm not going to fuss about it.

20. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

There is no life after death. You die and that is it until you are resurrected during the Second Coming. Even then, you won't be shuttled off to the hell were you found to be a sinner. There is no hell. No punishment either, believe me. Only you will not have a second life that will be awarded to a non-sinner. And, they would number very few considering all the people that have been born since Adam

21. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Everything that happened to me today really happened.
    I saw it happen.  I heard it happen. I felt it happen ...

Got the message??

But I can not prove that it happened.
       You wouldn't believe me!

It was real for me!  ..
       It isn't real to you!    And that is OK  cause that is the way that it really is.

True.  But some logical evidence would persuade others who doubt you.

And if your reality violates the laws of nature, the evidence must be extraordinary. But if you can't prove it, I'm sure it won't stop you from believing that it really happened.  I understand.

We; neither of us really care about what is reality for the other person.
           Just like two different worlds really care what kind of reality is true for the other.
           One has nothing to do with the other.  They each have their own reality.

But then it seems to happen ocasionally...  One universe encroaches the space of another. 

Both realities strugle.  The water sometimes boils.

Eventually ...  One reality gains dominance ..  or ???
        a new reality emerges.
                      OR
           the two universes spin off from each other, each maintaining  their own integrity.

There is no such thing as universal and absolute truth,
        (in the physical realm) on the larger scale...  Why should WE believe differently on the smaller scale

After stating all of this, you, somehow, find it reasonable to believe that some dubious scripture, written by dubious authors was instructions from an all powerful, omniscient entity who created THESE UNIVERSES.

Did I say anything about those things.

Can you comment on what I did actually say. Instead of jumping the gun and arguing against something that I didn't say??

There must be a show going on in your imagination while appearing to read a comment?  OR  Not?

Whenever you wax philosophically, Jerami, it is always in the back of my mind what your faith is.

It's difficult to seperate your faith from your deep thoughts.
              It's a perplexing dichotomy--almost contradictory.  It's almost like you are trying to be a believer in cognito.

I hope I've explained myself.

22. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

going to bed now.

23. sandun81 profile image60
    sandun81posted 13 years ago

I do believe life after death. SO I do believe we have to do good things.

24. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

getitrite wrote
      I hope I've explained myself.
    - - -

More than you realize.
    ==========================================

getitrite wrote
    Whenever you wax philosophically, Jerami, it is always in the back of my mind what your faith is.
    It's difficult to seperate your faith from your deep thoughts.
    - - - - - - -
      And therefore you are unable to recognize any truth in what I actually say.  You do not even hear what is actually said.

=======================================

It's a perplexing dichotomy--almost contradictory.  It's almost like you are trying to be a believer in cognito.

- - - - - -

I am not disguising anything.  Maybe my thoughts do not fit into the box that you put want to put me in.

The truth usually can be found about half way between the two extremes.  Or many extremes for that matter.
       It sometimes looks like a bulls eye, though it is hard to see especially when we are not looking for it to be THERE.

25. profile image0

In this life we are always given punishments for our wrong doings then how can one say that there is no life after death and there will be no judgment day. If we are punished for our sins here then we have to pay for our sins there too.

What kind of reasoning is this?

26. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

I hope in life after life. Metamorphosis is real.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)