praise the lord, he does answer prayers

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (171 posts)
  1. stilljustwonderin profile image59
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

I lost my job a little over a year ago due to the plant closing.  I have prayed for a good job close by even tho options were very few.  I have put applications in every where.  A new company came to town, took in over 1000 applications.  They have just started up with only 12 employees.  I start work there Monday!  THANK THE LORD!
    I just wanted to publically praise the Lord, but I'll make it a question.
    Isn't God good? 
    YES

1. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations stilljustwonderin!

Although I'll add some in tongue in cheek humor by saying that perhaps God was responsible for you losing your job in the first place tongue

Don't hurt me!

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha.  smile

congrats on the job!

stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I'm so thrilled I cried!  haha

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59

That's ok.  Poor management and the economy closed my job.  As soon as I heard this company was coming to town I started praying for it.  Thank the good Lord I have it!

1. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

congrats...

2. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe a good resume got you a job?

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

stilljustwonderin, Congratulations! God is a great God.

3. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great news.  Congratulations

Great News!!  The Lord moves just in time!  Next week is my last unemployment check.   Starting pay here is where I left off after over 10 years at my last job.  I am so very thankful!

4. pylos26 profile image69
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A normal person using common sense might think to give the people behind the project their earned credit for bringing in new jobs. Duhhh…

1. DavePrice profile image60
        DavePriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So do you mean that a normal person with common sense can't believe that God answers prayer? If so, I never want to be normal.

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
          Vladimir Uhriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dave: I like this: "I do not want to be normal".
          stilljustwonderin: Congrats finding new job, glory to God.

God works thru people.  I thank God for putting it into our Governors heart to offer this company an incentive to come to Virginia.  I thank God for putting it in this companys heart to pick this area after looking at several different sites.  I thank God for putting it in this company's heart to hire me when they have over a 1000 applications.

1. spookyfox profile image61
          spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So now there are over 1000 people who might be depressed because they didn't get your job. Way to go god.

lol  I have been praying for ALL the unemployed.  I will continue praying.  They will find jobs too.

2. Jerami profile image58

There is always a dark cloud inside every silver lining for those that want to look on the dark side of things.

I would think that this also is a gift from God... 
            For those that choose to focus that way.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, there are those who chose to ignore reality in favor of their personal fantasies. smile

1. Jerami profile image58

I do not understanding what part of my comment you are arguing about.

The dark cloud in the silver lining or the silver lining around the dark cloud?

Which of these are fantasy?

There is nothing wrong with your comment.  He is going to argue with any comment that any Christian makes.

Your right.  Some people chooses to only see the bad.

1. getitrite profile image72
                    getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe Christians should think about the ignorant nonsensical statements that they make.

Christians are deluded enough to think they are actually having a sensible debate, when all they are asserting is childish, and abject foolishness.

There IS something wrong with his comment.  It is absurd, and does not address the premise.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

No, believers chose to ignore reality. Attempting to fabricate stories to support your tall tales of gods intervention into getting you a job is extraordinarily ridiculous and far-fetched for even a child to accept, and is well beyond the scope of being compassionate or humane. 

It is selfishness in the extreme.

2. Druid Dude profile image60
                Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By the way Beelz... how's that fantasy workin' out for ya. smile

5. Beelzedad profile image58

Congrats on getting a job, but you have to be joking to claim that your god had anything to do with it.

Children are starving to death by the tens of thousands and your god got you a job?

To answer your question, NO, god is not good as he kills children because he's too busy getting you a job.

No, I'm not joking.  God put it in this company's heart to come to this area, and hire me.
        God has put it in peoples heart to donate to the starving, needy people.  Unfortunately, Satan has put it in peoples heart to steal the supplies before the needy receive them.

Yes, God is good.
        Satan is evil.

It is deeply saddening to read those words. I am appalled and aghast to put it mildly. It is unbelievable what religions do to people. sad

It is so sad.  I am appalled and aghast and what Satan has put in peoples hearts.  To steal convoys of food and medical supplies before they get to the needy, just to put them in store houses for the wealthy.

That is a fabricated story on your part to defend your belief system. It is entirely not true. smile

No, it isn't.  Some day you will see.

You got that right.

The people using smoke and mirrors to prove their point accuse everyone else of using smoke and mirrors.

Yes, it is a fabricated story and today or any other day I will continue to see it as nothing more than a fabricated story.

1. hanging out profile image61
                    hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then begone!!! dark and ominous cloud.
                    lol

you truly have nothing but hate and despite to contribute here.

2. pylos26 profile image69

Please...let me see your point clearly...you say that your god could prevent satan from interfering with food for the hungry...but chooses not to.

Are you saying that God should take free will away from SOME    people.  Or All people?

That would open up an entirely new argument for ya to march with.

It's the same ol' song, sung by the same ol' singer. He's not pretty, he's an everythinger. That's why Beelz, we give you the finger.

Ah yes, the true Christian emerges. smile

LOL
            that was so funny. im splittin a gut.

it was not out of context as a christian to give ya that. God probably had a good chuckle too. Remember jesus mad a whip and cast people out of the temple. If jesus came in here with a whip do you think you`d still be in the room
            Food for thought ducky.

3. JulieBMack profile image61
        JulieBMackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow - that has to be the most uneducated statement I have heard. LOL Clearly you have not studied the very thing you criticize.  Maybe you should start there - you may be surprised (and pleased) on what you discover.  All of this just sounds like anger and bitterness, not from a well-researched background.  Try to be more gentle, it is a much better life! smile

Does it make you feel superior when you make condescending remarks without any content?

Yes, I can understand how you would assume the questioning of irrational beliefs would stem from anger and bitterness, when one feels they are educated but are still unable to form an argument in spite of it and instead must attack the person.

Try not to be so condescending and instead add content to the thread. smile

1. JulieBMack profile image61

I come in peace and I KNOW I am not better than anyone. But, I do know that my beliefs are far from irrational.  I have studied Christian history and have become a believer based on years of my own research and education.

I am not assuming anything - it is quite obvious you are angry by your irrational projections. No one here thinks they are better or "superior" since that seems to be your main argument.  It only saddens us that you are so bitter and closed-minded. If you met me, I am sure you would learn that I am not condescending, or am I trying to attack you (talk about projection - lol)

I am not trying to argue here at all and I am pointing out simple observations that are quite obvious to a common outsider.  I don't see you "questioning" at all actually,  Or you asking educated questions.  All i see over and over again are attacks, assumptions, and accusations mixing in words like "fantasy" and "superior" in your comments.  This is merely an observation and not coming from any sort of superior moral ground. Relax!!

If you do have real, thoughtful questions and would like to discuss it over an email, I would be happy to answer ones you may have or lead you in the right direction. 

First of all, you don't know my background and I am not going to put a dissertation up here on how much information is out there that supports the Christian faith.  All I am saying is to try and put in some open-minded research and not to be so insensitive. Instead of making comments that are filled withe comments about unicorns and fantasies, which is a ridiculous analogy, tell us why you believe what you believe or point us to how you came across your faith with come intelligent, thought-provoking comments.

One last thing to "add content here," how is it that Christians have to provide so much proof (and there is if you read scripture and other historical documents) for their belief system, yet are unable to provide the same proof for their belief system? They are all beliefs, whether you'd like to see it that way or not.  If someone has to provide more than enough evidence for their belief something exists, shouldn't the burden be on someone to provide evidence that something does NOT exist. 

Peace. I will pray for you and hope you can find peace.

1. profile image0
              china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All that wasted research and education - if only someone had directed you to a different part of the library you may have achieved something useful.  Like logic itself if you don't take that first step on the right path the path itself will lead you up the garden, so to speak.

2. profile image0
              Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm still waiting for some "proof" to be provided

Well, tell me what you have read and investigated so far, and then start from there! smile

1. profile image0

I have a hub on becoming an ex-christian

3. Beelzedad profile image58

So, you looked at the history of the Christian organization with it's witch burnings, bloodshed, hatred and bigotry, and decided this was the right organization for you?

Yes, the believer does feel that anyone who criticizes their beliefs and places reality squarely in front of them must be angry.

It would appear you missed the main argument entirely.

Yes, believers are so saddened with their irrational perceptions of reality, which is why they embrace fantasies.

Yes, by not attacking me, you stated I'm "bitter, closed-minded, angry and projecting irrationally". And, that's not attacking me personally?

What's wrong with this forum. You are free to answer the question as to why your god provides jobs but does not feed the starving?

So, believing in something that has never been shown to exist is not the same as believing in something that has never been shown to exist. How does that work?

Lol. Scriptures is proof? What historical documents?

Do you not understand the concepts of logic and fallacies? The burden of proof is on those who make the claims, which are obviously the believers. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Rather than wasting your time on prayers for me, why not pray to your god to feed the starving instead? Do you think he'll answer that prayer or will he get another job for another good Christian? smile

Well Beelzedad, why do you attack?

because he probably has a past failure with religion. In a cult or something and god didnt answer his prayers. This is all conjecture but he can refute it if he wants.
              But you are right, he always attacks, or hes just so depressing ya want go and soak in a hot tub, but of course God gives joy and so i am not surprised that joy is not to be found in atheist posters.
              It seems the spirit that drove earnest to sound like a broken record has gone into beelzedad. Now we have a replacement.
              LOL

Yes, I can understand how believers want to fabricate stories to make them feel better and superior over others. I'm quite sure it's your religion that teaches that sort of hatred. smile

4. Vladimir Uhri profile image60

Beelze...It is man who messed not God.

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is good. He's very good.

7. getitrite profile image72

I just found a great job after searching for over 4 years.
      But I'm not about to give the credit to some imaginary, insane entity.

I would gladly sacrifice this job if God would, instead, feed the starving children of the world.

How could God be so blindly foolish as to not see how ridiculous his actions are if He finds you a job, but refuses to intervene and give these poor starving children some food?

And stop using Satan as the reason.  As I remember, from my days as a Christian, God is stronger than Satan.  So there is no excuse on God's part.

So congratulations on your new job, and all the credit goes to you and the business.

Yes, God is stronger than Satan.  It is that free will thing again.  You have a choice, and so does every one else.

Please stop using FREE WILL to explain everything that you cannot explain. 

You keep saying the same foolishness over and over, and over and over...And expecting, maybe, we will, somehow, abandon our minds, and understand.

The fact is:  You have not assuaged our objections.  Whenever you do, you will be given due credit.  So far your answers are pure drivel.

YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!

Free will, free to choose.  Each and every one of us are free to choose. 
            Believe or not to believe.
            To follow God, or not.
            To follow Satan, or not.
            To steal,, or not.
            To kill, or not.
            Pay taxes, or not.
            You can not deny free will, unless of course you are a puppet.

You keep saying the same foolishness over and over, and over and over...And expecting, maybe, we will, somehow, abandon our minds, and understand.

YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!

Actually, the reality is either we are delusional and fearful enough to believe anything. or we are smart enough to protect ourselves from the tricks of deceitful psychotic charlatans.

Accepting beliefs just because someone in authority commanded you to, shows a lack of courage and self confidence.

Why the passive/aggressive attack.  If you would be brave and honest, you would not have to resort to anger.  Remember, it is you causing the circular argument.  Could you stop that please?

These are some of the tactics you use that cause this circular argument.  This is not clever.  It shows a lack of maturity and integrity.

Here is a test:

Which statement fits more with someone who has abandoned his mind?

A. I can be made to believe anything, if told to me by the right person.

B. I use reason to check the truthfulness of any assertion, no matter who stated it.

I am not angry.  The passive/aggressive words I copied off your reply. 

My answer is B.  I do not believe just anything I am told by any one  I have to learn on my own.

My faith in God did not come from anything any one told me, or that I read.  My faith has came by experiences I have had.  If you experience something, ya can't deny it.

My statements make plenty of sense to me.  Free will?  Everything we do in life is a choice.  Our every action, is a choice.  No one makes us do anything, there fore, we are exercising our free will by choosing.

Strawman!

You are in stark denial of reality.

To believe your experiences are the results stemming from a 2000 year old book of nonsense is delusional.  By accepting this nonsense, as reality, you are denying that you are delusional.

...because of irrational fear and denial.  In reality, your statements are absurd.

FREE WILL, FREE WILL, FREE WILL, FREE WILL, FREE, WILL!!!!!!!!!!

And you think because you read this in a book of nonsense, or some deceitful preacher told you this, that this is the answer to all the world's problems?

So it is  free-will(Krytonite) keeping God from  feeding the poor starving children, but he can usurp free-will and find you a job.  Your God is not amazing.  He is a foolish, narrow-minded bigot, with no capacity for compassionn.  How can someone actually worship something like that, unless they have been indoctrinated with fear.  Of course, fortunately, He is imaginary.

I agree with you on one point.  My experiences did not come from a book or a preacher.  They came from God.

PEOPLE have free will.  As you well know he does not make any one believe in him.    He does not make any one be careing and not steal or kill.

Your insults have no effect on me at all.  I know the truth.

In reality, your statements are absurd.  You are in stark denial of reality.

I do feel sorry for you tho.

There is no will but mine, sayeth the Lord thy God.

8. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am glad for you and the answer to your question is YES!

9. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree with you.

Jesus is neither god or son of god; he was son of man as he himself told and a Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God Allah YHWH. Jesus cannot hear anybody's prayers; he himself was saved from a cursed death on cross when he prayed  to the Creator -God Allah YHWH; and then he migrated to India.

paar... unbelievable!
        But God loves you anyway.
        I was also on dark side.

10. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes God is really great but remember him in all suition and condition.

11. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't you realize this is just a matter of opinion, which quite frankly in the big scheme of things is really quite worthless?  Just the same as my opinions are.  Nothing about an opinion makes them facts.  On that note, let me say that neither YOU, nor I, nor anyone else has concrete, meaning factual proof, that God answers prayers. I honestly understand where your heart is, but please...,  give it a break already.  You have nothing but a belief stilljustwonderin.  And just because YOU believe, does not make it so.  As one Christian to another, try focusing on issues that we can prove, instead of this nonsense.

I'm sorry.  Posts like these should be prioritized under the Entertainment, fictional, comedy section.  That's there sum total worth, and as a Christian I'm tired of my religion looking so comical all the time.

There is real value to the Christian faith, and that could be the only factual side to Christianity.  None of us really know.  That's is why it is called a F A I T H!  That is why it is categorized as a religion for petesake.  Why do Buddhist believe that everybody can obtain Buddha? Why does the Yakuza believe in their organization?  Why do we have cave paintings that look like Aliens?  What happen to the Mayans?

Who knows............. Does God answer prayers?  Again, who knows?  It is an unanswerable question.

Yes, every one has their own opinion.  I started praying for this job as soon as I heard this company was coming to this area.
        My opinion, God answered my prayer.
        I'm not ashamed to say it.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some of us work hard to be taken seriously.  You want to taken seriously don't you?  I'm sure you did with this bad attempt at witnessing in God's name here. Am I right?  Or what's the sense in posting it? 

I'm glad you are not ashamed, but, that doesn't keep some us Christians from feeling embarrassed by your post. 

Got proof that God answered your prayer?  Did you have this moment caught on video?  Or did you get this act recorded in any way?  Did someone else witness God telling your new employer to hire you?  I mean- where is the tangible evidence? Oh, what's that you say, you don't have any?  Well that's embarrassing.

I'm embarrassed.

If you wanted to do some solid, "God Witnessing" here in the forums, next time try titling your post;

"I believe God answer MY prayer."

That way we have a choice whether or not we want to read your message.  I mean as it is title I was expecting some concrete evidence. It's like you falsely advertise a product. I was like......... finally some real proof.  Only to feel scammed and defeated by more evangelic rhetoric.  Come on, give us all a break already.

So you believe God answered YOUR prayer.  Good for you.  As one Christian to another, I'm happy for you.  But stop with efforts to sell me on the fact that he actually did.  Because in reality, you don't know that. In my opinion- I think YOU got yourself that job, and God had nothing to do with it. 

See.......,
          I think God has bigger problems to deal with than little old you and your job status.  But again, that's only an opinion.  Do you see how that works?

I'm sorry your embarrassed.  Personally, I love to hear of peoples belief that their prayer was answered.   The joy it brings them brings me joy for them.

There is no proof.  There will not be proof until the Lord is seen  He works thru people.  That is why it is called faith.  The evidence of things not seen.

The fact is that out of all the applications that I have filled out this is the job I prayed for.  The employment office told me Thursday that they had taken 1500 applications for this job.  The HR person at this company told me they had gotten just as many thru the internet.   The odds of my getting this job were pretty slim.  Also, this coming week was my last unemployment check.  .  I thank the Lord I got this job.

Have a good night.  I go to work in the morning for the first time in 16 months.  It is going to be hard when that alarm goes off.  lol

I think many people think that God only helps with the BIG things. That he doesn't have time for little things. Or that He personally gets people what they want... We don't know what the "little things" may be a part of.  Maybe BIG things.  He sees the whole parade, not just the parts passing in front of him...  We will never know the big picture yet we all question and make judgments on what prayers we think he should or shouldn't be answering. 

In the same way our parents know what is best for us LONG before we do, He does that is a grander scale.   We have no way to ever know why He does what he does - He is God and he doesn't do things the same reasons we do. smile He does what is best for us LONG before we know what is BEST for us.  He never promised to answer all or prayers - think of the chaos if he just did everything we asked WHEN we ask it!!

Bottom line:  God’s wisdom far exceeds our own.

You are right it is faith!  In the same way we can't prove love of our parents or our children or our spouse, it is based on faith and trust that they will love us in return. 

Good luck on your job.

2. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, stilljustwonderin.  People who know how hard it has been for so many to find work in recent years have a pretty good idea about how happy, relieved, and grateful you must be.   smile

Yes, this area, like many, has been very hard hit.  The only available jobs in this area has been minimum wage which wouldn't cover my bills.
      Yes, I feel so grateful I cried.  lol

1. pylos26 profile image69

Sounds like you have been living beyond your means...minimum wage should allow one to live comfortable unless one, say, has to have a new car to keep up with the jones,

lol  No, I am not living beyond my means.  I do not have or desire to have a new car.  What I am, is deep in debt due to helping others on my credit card.
          At minimum age, half of my wages would go to rent, which is low for around here.

3. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Congrats on getting a job after so long - and I  hope it goes well for you.  I don't see how you can claim prayer for this - apart from the 'accident' of the company locating to your area you probably owe more to your Pres for moving the economy a little but mostly to yourself for getting out and getting it.

Fervent prayer avail much.

4. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Absolutely DIVINE!!! Praise God!
    And GOOD LUCK!

5. jondav profile image70
    jondavposted 13 years ago

Well being as you have a direct line to the almighty, maybe you could ask him what the lottery numbers will be next week, as he appears to be not answering me.

but seriously, congrats on the job.

6. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Who told that your wish is the Answer prayers

7. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Spylos26 wrote:
    sounds like you have been living beyond your means...minimum wage should allow one to live comfortable unless one, say, has to have a new car to keep up with the jones,
    =====

Yea $1000 goes a long way.   Rent, groceries, electric bill,  Water bill....    I often wonder what people living on minimum wage are spending all of their extra money on??

They probably are not walking to work or to the grocery store as would be proper.   I'm pretty sure that they are not spending all of that left over money on property taxes.

So what are you doing with all of that money?

If they aren't walking to work they also have car insurance, the cost of gas.
      What about phone, internet?  Any life insurance or medical insurance?
      I think that $1000 disappeared before I got to go to the grocery store!
      I"M HUNGRY!!! 
      Actually tho, I haven't had medical insurance in over a year. 
      I thank God for keeping me healthy.  big_smile

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Don't get "them" started again! LOL. They have no understanding of your faith, faithless as they admittedly are.

Yes, they won't like to hear that I am healthy and haven't seen a Dr..  They really won't like that I give the credit to God, but...............I do.
          Oh well, they will have to get over it.  LOL

Oh well, many will starve to death, and I'm sure they'll get over that, too. They'll be dead, of course.

Glad to see you're having such a good laugh over it. smile

1. profile image57
              exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

are you doing anything to help those in need, or are you like so many that want to talk about it and do nothing
              I see your concern over the starving children all over the hubs, is that all you are doing, talking about the children, talk does not help feed them, you can find many places to donate to if everyone would help just a little the children could get food.
              but people want to sit back and blame others for problems instead of stepping up and doing something to resolve the problems

He just wants to argue.  I have shown him a news article about how the medical supplies and food supplies that are being sent to the needy are being stolen before they reach the needy.  He wants to blame some one he doesn't even believe in just to argue.

That is a blatant falsehood. It's very sad when believers resort to fabricating stories to defend their beliefs. It shows their belief system to be highly unstable and rife with contradiction and hypocrisy. smile

What is a falsehood?  Should I find that article again for you?  Or is the article a falsehood?  A falsehood because it doesn't agree with your arguement.

2. hanging out profile image61

any fabrication is better than blaming the event on whatever it is you blame the event on in your belief, when your not blaming a god you don`t believe in of course.
                    It shows your belief system to be highly unstable and rife with contradiction and hypocrisy
                    lol

Neither does prayer, evidently. Yet, prayer gets someone a job. smile

I'm not laughing about the starving.  I'm laughing about your ridiculious statements.  My thanking God is selfish?  lol, it is gratitude.  I am laughing because I am sure you believe my thanking God for my health is nonsense even tho "science" has nothing to do with it.  I am laughing because you will argue with a Christian no matter what they say.

Yes, you are. And, while you may believe you are not laughing at them, it is obvious you would deem your good fortune far more important than their lives when it comes to your gods actions.

Yes, you are grateful for your abundance while others die for need of a morsel of food, but pray and get nothing. That is indeed selfishness in the extreme.  smile

I pray every night for the unbelievers, for the homeless, the hungry, the sick, the broken hearted.  I pray for the leaders of all nations, for their guidance.  I pray for the people in harms way.  For the unemployed.  I pray for peace, and love for all.   Is there any one I have forgotten?
                  No, I don't believe I am selfish.  I am thankful for what I receive, but I pray for all to receive.

Notice that nothing occurs from your prayers other than you believing your god got you a job? That is selfish.  smile

2. profile image0

God shows favouritism then.  God never kept me healthy when I believed

8. JulieBMack profile image61
    JulieBMackposted 13 years ago

Congrats!   Everyone has a different path at a different time for different reasons that we may not even be aware of. 

For all the critics out there, the truth is you have just as much FAITH that life is completely random and meaningless and YOU are the ones in control. I think that takes more faith to believe there is NOTHING but randomness. And that every single religion that believes in a God is wrong. WOW!  I don't have that much faith!!  I don't have a "religion" - I believe in God based not on blind faith and Sundays at church, but what I have discovered and learned on my own. The truth is, when I was a non-Christian I tried hard to find a solid argument that would confirm my beliefs, but I only found the opposite.

I often wonder for those that claim they have no "religion" (yet seem more ready and angry to defend it) think that all the "bad" that happens would somehow not happen if God didn't exist.  Or that somehow HE causes it!  It would still exist, yet there would be no hope whatsoever...Never made sense to me....

1. Druid Dude profile image60

You're pretty fired up. Glad I'm on your side of the fence today. smile

Most of this makes me laugh!! LOL  Amazing at how angry and hurtful people get with comments that seem pretty ridiculous!  smile I think people that don't understand, just do that because they don't know how else to respond! smile  Or they equate God with a human and obviously his skills are not the same as human beings! It is like a Religious Jerry Springer!  LOL Peace!

9. profile image0
    steazy1807posted 13 years ago

Yes the Lord is always a good doer and He knows how needs before we asked. Everyday, i thank God for my life, for keeping me alive till now because i have once feared death but He saved me. Though still unemployed but surely He will answer me soon...Congrats

Yes he will.  Our prayers don't always get answered when we want, or the exactly as we want, but God knows best.  And he is always right on time.
      Keep praying.  I pray for ALL unemployed so I'm praying for ya too.

Yes, tens of thousands of dying children daily is best for god. Finding you a job instead is far more important. God knows best, indeed. smile

Why do you blame some one you don't believe in?  Maybe part of you does believe and your angry?  big_smile

I do believe you exist. I also understand you believe your god exists. So, I can blame you or your god or both. Which do you prefer? 

Yes, I understand why you would believe I'm angry, it's one of the last resorts believers turn to when they have nothing to say. They boast their own inadequacies and failings onto others in a vain attempt to shift the burden of responsibility, something quite common amongst believers who never take responsibility for their own actions. smile

I believe that just because I can't see something, doesn't mean it isn't real.  I believe that just because I can't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't true.
              I believe you are angry because you are like a dog with a bone.  You won't let it go even tho I have given you an article on the militants stealing the supplies for the needy.  Can I blame you because they are hungry?  Of course not.  If you were one of the militants, then I would blame you.
              I take responsibility for what I do.  I know I am not perfect.  I know I don't know everything.  How about you?

Yes, that logic works very well with unicorns and leprechauns, too.

It means you don't understand a great deal of things.

Of course, you feel that way. You believer you are righteous and therefore superior to me.

Yes, one article for one small area of the world, which you seem to be under the delusion that one article sweeps clean the entire worlds starvation problems and the lack of action by your god.

No, you do not, you shift responsibilities to imaginary third parties.

You don't understand a great deal of things.

You don't know me.  I know I'm not perfect.  I can try, but I can't succeed until the Lord takes me home and makes me perfect.  I know I am not superior to any one.  Do you???

Oh, OK.  That one section of the world is the only place with greedy thieves..

I shift responsibilities?  Oh Okie dokie then.  I am sorry I am stealing their food and medical supplies.  I'll stop since you found me out.

If it makes you feel superior to make such statements, please feel free to do so, but by doing so only shows your lack of understanding of those things, whatever they may be.

Yes, I know that too. It is your religion that teaches you to act superior to everyone else.

That fact that you dug up an article in a vain attempt to defend your beliefs does not change anything regarding your belief that your god found you a job. It only demonstrates the level believers will stoop to defend their beliefs.

Once again, you make a disingenuous gesture of intellectual dishonesty by coming to the conclusion you are the one to blame for stealing food and medical supplies, where no one here has accused you of such. smile

2. profile image57

if Beelzedad actually care a hoot about the starving children he would be doing something for them, the things wrong in the world is mans fault,and man wants to blame God

Yes, this is yet another contradiction in the arsenal of believers who selfishly thank their gods for their own abundance while ignoring the world around them.

Their own gods inadequacies and failings to help others who are in far more need then themselves is a dim reminder of the reproach they carry but must boast onto others in order to feel superior.

1. profile image57

you have no idea how much I help others or how much I just walk by doing nothing.
                again I think you are judging others by youself

Yes, but we do know for a fact your god walks by and does nothing. smile

So then you will never believe in god while starving people exist and this is why you will never believe, because as soon as you believe in god you have to stop going to disneyland, all your money has to go to africa, you ceaselessly pray day and night that the starving get fed.. man what a box you have built around yourself.
                    See the insanity here.
                    You have forced yourself to not believe because by believing you all of a sudden become responsible.
                    nice management. LOL
                    crazy man, crazy.
                    God does not make us responsible for all the problems in the world and we don't begin to second guess why some things happen, although we do understand why things happen and you've been told before and you won't understand because you would rather keep the atheist belief system and this way you are not responsible for any action, not even prayer.... now that's selfish and not very compassionate and a bunch of other things. If you want to say you sponser an african child and are thereby trying to help; my church sponsors whole villages.. so if you want to help find a church.... lol.. but then again you would be responsible.
                    I think i am gonna need a saw to cut a door in the box you surround yourself in. Perhaps it is titanium..
                    have a great day. I will.

He can't grasp that fact.  God works thru people, Satan works thru people.
              He can't see the spiritual world so he doesn't believe it exist.  We can't see it with our eyes, but know it exist.
              He enjoys his free will, but yet, he doesn't believe it either.

Notice how you shift the burden of responsibilities onto imaginary third parties in order for you to be free of any guilt associated with your actions or lack thereof, as well as the reality of the world around you.

I have often wondered what it's like to live in a fantasy dreamworld. I could never fathom how easy it was for some considering how difficult it is to ignore reality.  smile

I notice how blind you are.

Does it make you feel better to say such things? Does it make you feel superior? smile

10. terenceyap07 profile image59
    terenceyap07posted 13 years ago

I come to Hubpages to write and read. It's a literary persuit. But when I want to talk about God, I email those that share my belief or, I go to a website that supports my belief.

Hubpages is a secular website.

So here's my 2 cents worth:

"Let's all concentrate on writing here and learn to respect the fact that others on this site have a right to oppose our beliefs. In as much as Christians will find praises to Satan offensive, aethiest will also find any form of religious rhetoric offensive."

Come on people, let's all be friendly and show mutual respect here.

This is not a religious site.

Blessings wink

1. terenceyap07 profile image59
      terenceyap07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

er..  the blessings was secular smile

11. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Wonderful news! Congratulations and good luck in your new career!

12. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Yes, good luck.  The first day is always wacky.  I just recently went back to work, a mere six years after my husband committed suicide.  I was in a very similar situation though.  Like you, I got the job out of countless applications, under the most extreme and rigorous application process I had ever participated in.

I also just recently graduated Valedictorian of my surgical class, with a perfect 4.0, had six letters of recommendations from my preceptors, surgeons, and nurses from the University of MO hospital, along with a near perfect attendance record to boot during my schooling.  It also probably helped that I scored a 92% on my certification test, and was only 1 of 6 students to actually pass the darn thing.  Boy it was tough!  I prayed day and night for a new start, and were my prayers answered?  I'd like to think so.  I also prayed that my husband's death wasn't real.  Was that prayer answered?  Nope.

All in all, I'm just saying that I got myself my job through dedication, hardwork and a strong work ethic.  I never missed a day of hospital clinicals, sick or not, I never scored less than 90% on a test, & I never missed an assignment.  Those facts are what got me the job.  Armed with these achievements I built myself a new resume, and like you submitted it to my new employer.  Based off this resume, I got an interview, and from there I got myself the job.  I'm sure your resume, got you your job.

I strongly feel it is a dangerous game we play when thinking God does this or God does that.  But that's a whole other issue.  Maybe for another time.  I'm sincerely happy for you.  Good luck.  I'm sure you will do well.  God bless you in this new found journey.

13. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

praise the lord, he does answer prayers

The Creator-God Allah YHWH is to be praised; it is one of His attributes to hear the prayers of the human beings in distress. It is He who heard Jesus' prayers in the garden of Gethsemane and right on the Cross to save his life and his life was saved by the Creator-God Allah YHWH. One should therefore praise the Creator-God Allah YHWH. Jesus was but a truthful servant of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; it is futile to pray to Jesus.

14. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 13 years ago

um.........congratulations! smile

15. profile image50

One should only praise the Creator-God Allah YHWH. Jesus was but only a truthful servant of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; it is futile to pray to Jesus.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol well praising fellow human being is good habit too...

16. profile image50

One should only praise the Creator-God Allah YHWH. Jesus died a natural and peaceful death in India; he is no more living. it is therefore futile to pray to Jesus. Praise and pray to the Creator-God Allah YHWH who hears the prayers.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)