Praise Ye The Lord

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (298 posts)
  1. yolanda yvette profile image59
    yolanda yvetteposted 14 years ago

The Bible commands us to praise God.  We're to praise Him in good and bad times alike.  Now, I would be lying if I said it's easy to praise God when things are going wrong in our lives.  It's not, however, our praise cannot be conditional.  He's God no matter the battle.

There are many things we can thank and praise God for every day.  What one thing will you thank Him for right now?

Me?  I thank Him for showing me what I needed most in life:  JESUS

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad137/fhz145/question-mark-150x150.jpg

1. Jo Woodward profile image61
        Jo Woodwardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It' a sad thing Yolanda that this sort of hub will always attract the decriers and mockers.  I quite agree with you.  Being thankful and prasing God in the bad times is very difficult.  As humans our first reaction is to get angry and ask 'Why me?', 'What have I done to deserve this?'
        I try to thank God for all the little things that happen in my day, like finding a parking spot when it's really busy in town. 
        At this moment in time I am thankful just to be upright and mobile this morning, wasn't sure I would make it today.

1. profile image54
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny, that's almost exactly what every child who starves to death each day probably thinks, too. You folks obviously have much in common with god...

...except of course, the food thingy.

I get it now, that makes perfect sense, your god is so busy finding you parking spots, he forgot to feed the kids again. Doh!

2. yolanda yvette profile image59
          yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I thank Him with you. Our God is a good God.  He's always got our back.  Satan wants us to believe otherwise, but we know He is the father of lies, for our God will never let us down. Even though sometimes it seems He has.  But that's never true.  We'll never find anyone so completely concerned about all areas of our lives as is our God.  And then so capable and ready to meet us at the point of that need.

He is worthy of our praise always, even in the hard times, simply because of who He is.  And I'm a living witness that when the praises go up, blessings do come down.  And for me personally the greatest blessing that comes down is His manifested presence, because once that happens I truly become aware that He is The Most High and that every obstacle, though above my head, is absolutely under His feet.

Glory to the King of Kings, my God and Lord.

And as for the decriers and mockers, there presence on these types of threads only prove that we must be doing something right.

Thank you, my sister in Christ for your positive feedback.  God bless you.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mock mock mock! lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - you are just here for a fight then? I had recently come to the conclusion that Kristians like your self - while going against the Word of God - are just wanting to become martyrs. I have only ever seen you fighting with those who do not believe as you do. What do you think you are going to achieve by causing conflicts in this way?

Odd that you do not see how divisive your ridiculous beliefs are. A shame in fact. sad 

But I am sure Satan is very pleased with the ill will and arguments you create by behaving like this. wink

Mock, mock, mock. lol

No Mark, you are here for the fight.  You're just upset that we can't be bullied into being ashamed of what we believe.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Not really. I don't expect to be able to educate you. If you think homosexuals are abominations in the eyes of the Lord who will burn for all eternity - I don't expect to be able to change your mind. If you think eating shellfish is another abomination - well, what can I do in the face of such nonsensical beliefs?

If you feel publicly praising your imaginary friend is something you need to do - I don't expect to be able to teach you how divisive that is.

I don't care what ridiculous beliefs you hold. Really - I genuinely don't care. The only reason it is even an issue - is - you need to tell me. wink

You've read a hub that is of no interest to you.  You 've responded to that hub and you keep checking back to see if anyone has responded to you.  What a waste of time and energy on something you don't care about.
                  I am curiuos though, what do you think you could teach me?  Or are you assuming that I am one of those not very bright, poorly educated red necks you automatically associate with Christian belief?
                  Insults and belittling comments only work when they contain a seed of truth.  Trying to attack me with derogartory comments based solely on your assumptions, predjudices and preconcieved ideas is as much a waste of time as getting angry over a hub on a topic you don't care about.

I happen to believe that your religion is evil and choose to argue against it.

You are claiming to be Christian - I assume you believe the bible. I think that is a reasonable assumption - and seeing as the bible tells me that shellfish, homosexuality and divorce are all sins I think it is reasonable to think you adhere to those.

Or is it only "poorly educated rednecks" that believe what the bible says? wink

I am trying to teach you how divisive and irrational your religion is. Please don't take my word for it - think about why you are arguing now and read a few history books.

Then you do care.

I'm not arguing.I am merely providing you with an opportunity to express your own poor deductions and false assumptions with no effort at all. 
                      For instance, your attacks are based on what you assume I believe and how you assume I interpret what the Bible teaches.  That you start from an erroneous hypothesis means all further conclusions to your argument are incorrect.
                      Any argument based on an emotional response, in your case your hatred of my beliefs, is bound to be faulty since emotional response clouds our ability to think logically.
                      If you were thinking clearly you would have known to ascertain the facts of what I believe first, then proceeded with your argument.

If I can read books by Richard Dwakins, Christopher Hitchens and Steve Jones as well as numerous historical texts (my particular field of interest is the  18th and 19th century) and still believe in God I fail to see what chance you have of convincing me otherwise.

2. profile image53
                      johnjada301posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark i would ask you to consider why you believe that homosexuality and divorce are not sins. it doesn't mean that a homosexual or someone who has been divorced can not make it to heaven, but they are still given a choice to follow Christ or not. Sin is sin, no matter what sin it is. there is now sin that is worse than another. so i pray for anyone who does not know Christ because he is the only way to the Father. He is the one that takes on those sins, we can not earn our way into heaven. We are paid for with a price, the price that Christ paid for by shedding his blood for us on the Cross. We are all sinners who are in need of a savior. Including you. So i pray that God begins to reveal himself to you, that you may be part of the kingdom of God.

2. profile image0
                  shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you think eating shellfish is another abomination - ... well it does give you fishy breath, so I think lots of people might automatically think that it wasnt fish you had eaten... but then some people have filthy minds! hehehe

Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey - if it smells that strong - I am not going to be eating it in the first place. tongue

1. profile image0
                      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMFAO!  Im off for a shower!

2. nikki1 profile image62
        nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A beautiful day, for fighting for our soul. Creating our earth.
        Giving is a bible to learn from,. I for one believe in God and his son Jesus.

Amen to that. 

I thank Him for all of the above and for being The Everlasting Father.  For giving me a big brother, whose name is Jesus.  And for giving me a constant companion, The Holy Spirit.

You're thanking your god for things he did not do. Science and logical, critical thinking has debunked everything you attributed to your imaginary god, but you choose to dismiss reality, in lieu of abject nonsense.  Disturbing!

1. profile image53

Your giving science and your logic and thinking credit for something it can't prove. i would encourage you to look into "The Truth Project" and then maybe you will get an understanding of the greatness of our God. There is more than enough logic and critical thinking to support why God is the creator of all things, including you.

On the contrary  there is not one single piece of verifiable proof in the last 6000 years of any god being real. smile

This statement sounds like a desperate attempt to support a delusion.  You have nothing but faith.  That's all.

BTW, your god is not great.  Unless you mean a great HOAX!

3. jacobkuttyta profile image42
        jacobkuttytaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thank for the peace of mind

4. topgunjager profile image60
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it's funny, if god was the epitome of good, why would he send us here on this planet so we can praise him? sounds like he's a bored housewife dying to get some attention. does it really matter if we praise him or what matters is what we do in this life that will actually help change the world? religion has been around for a long time and what results have we gotten by following the idea of a god? maybe it's time to try something new, like PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT'S REAL.

1. watchya profile image60
          watchyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ARE YOU REAL ? LOL

yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am paying attention to what's real, that's why my eyes are fixed on Jesus.  The one more real than you and I and this whole world put together.

5. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  yolanda yvette

Quran start with the Praise of God Allah YHWH:
        [1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
        [1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
        [1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
        [1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
        [1:6] Guide us in the right path —
        [1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=1

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Mulsim

6. jacobkuttyta profile image42
        jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Praise the Lord for this thread

7. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Praise Jesus for Christmas presents and easter eggs..... yay!

8. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yolanda:
        Have you STUDIED the book you say contains the word of this god thing?...the bible?
        I'd like to know if you know what you are talking about.
        TY

9. Dave Mathews profile image60
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is so easy to say thank you to God when things are going right, and we have no problems. AMEN! What about when His Holy Spirit convicts you of some wrong doing in your life and then convinces you to correct it do you thank him for correcting you and teaching you a valuable lesson, or ask why he permitted you to get caught?

What do you do?

2. profile image54
          (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

When tens of thousands of children starve to death every day, we have no cause EVER to thank your god.

Have you starved to death?  Obviously not, therefore YOU have plenty of cause to thank God.

1. qwark profile image60

Yolanda:
              pls be courteous and answer my question.
              I've asked twice.
              TY

2. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What purpose does thanking something that is imaginary? Makes no sense.

If people eat food, it is not because of anything, except for the fact that they had found food to eat. hmm

3. Misha profile image64
              Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh-oh, that's some quite revealing statement. Are all christians THAT altruistic, Yolanda?

4. profile image54

Thank you, yolanda. You have demonstrated to me and many others here the huge implications and ramifications your response will foster towards a religious belief system that can only serve to lead humanity to its own destruction. We have seen it throughout history and we see it continuing today.

Show us your hands, yolanda...

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/greatabbo/DanielleAbbyStarvingchildren.jpg
              http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m402/Piuske/610xChildren.jpg

5. nikki1 profile image62
              nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Instead of blaming a spirit. Church all over the world are help those starving children. As well as organizations as well. Instead of complaining about this, 
              This is getting old, unfortunately. Join a church and help them feed the children.

1. profile image54

I'm not blaming a spirit, I'm blaming the Christian hypocrites who thank their gods for their abundance.

Why? Doesn't your god provide for you? Doesn't he provide for all good Christians? Why then, can't he provide for the kids?

Joining a church to feed children has nothing to do with it. The church has their god, they can simply pray for their god to not give them so much abundance and give a little to the kids.

Are they praying for this? If so, why does your god not answer their prayers?

6. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Q, this pathetic argument about why "GOD" allows others to go without food is meaningless and cannot be defended. That means, you cannot receive an answer, so what is the sense of asking the question.

The only reason for people starving in this world is due to the fact that other people are not doing enough to help them.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
                ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I 100% agree. it's shadow theism, i tell you.

So - you just do not understand then? OK

i understand projection, yes.

2. profile image54

On the contrary, this "pathetic" argument, as you call it, has received many answers.

I would doubt it is meaningless as it hinges on the very cornerstone of those beliefs. Perhaps, the argument, being so pathetic in your view, has lost all meaning to you simply because you have judged it to be pathetic simply as a display of some personal inadequacy on your part. Who knows?

The answers themselves, although quite predictable and equally baffling, demonstrate many contradictions in their faith as well as their system of belief.

Really? There's a thought. roll

projection is an amazing thing...in mythology we call this the shadow self.

1. profile image54

I rarely argue with mythological experts.

woo woo, is what you call them.

3. nikki1 profile image62
          nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

For having someone as nice as you to create this thread.
          http://thm-a01.yimg.com/nimage/e48951dfb00fca00

And this.. yum big_smile
          http://thm-a01.yimg.com/nimage/d956eee6defe1314

And, of course..
          http://thm-a01.yimg.com/nimage/9f8bc2cce97a464a

smile smile big_smile wink lol Love these smilies..

10. MikeNV profile image68
        MikeNVposted 14 years ago

The Bible ... so that's what it does.  Commands!  I thought it was just a book.  Hmmm.

Good to know.

The Bible is not 'just a book.'  It is the Word of God.  And yes, it commands as well as other things.  And I'm so glad you now know.

1. dugger62 profile image61
            dugger62posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It has been changed by mankind for reasons- they don't want us to know.

That is just like all them idiots worshiping the pope- which is another obamaNation.

Say whatever you want about the Word of God.  I still trust it.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is any among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.   (James 5:14-15 ASV)

This commands us not to seek medical treatment.  Of course, you've most likely visited doctors before, so you've already gone against the word of your god. smile

1. fred allen profile image60
              fred allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In reading the scripture you chose (brilliant choice I might add) I notice that it doesn't preclude other options in addition to the prayers of the faithful. Following the instruction of this scripture can easily be done from a hospital bed or home or anywhere. Your conclusion that this commands us not to seek medical treatment is very narrow at best.

How does this command us not to seek medical treatment?  Read the scripture again, then get back with me.

1. profile image54

Getting back to you because you didn't read the script yourself:

"the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up"

3. Jo Woodward profile image61

Guess I'm going to hell then.  Here was me thingking God gave us doctors to help us when we are sick or in pain. I'll cancel my appointment at the Rhuemetology clinic first thing tomorrow.

1. profile image54

That's odd, I didn't read that at all in the biblical quote provided. It clearly stated "the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up"

Where do you see divinely produced doctors in that script?

Aren't most doctors atheists? Was that another prerequisite?

I don't know.  I suppose I would have to ask 'most doctors' before I jumped to any conclusions about the beliefs of 'most doctors'.  I do know quite a number who are Sikh, Hindu,Moslem and even a couple of Bhuddists as well as some who are Christians.  It's never occured to me  having a religious conviction would preclude a person from joining the medical profession.

1. profile image54

Okay, but we can conclude on the first point that the bible says nothing about doctors and everything about god healing people.

The Bible doesn't say anything abouta lot of things particularly things that we have in today that would ahve been the stuff of withcraft and heresy 200 hundred let alone 2000 years ago.
                      Do I believe God can heal people? Yes I do.
                      Do I believe that healing only occurs through prayer and miracles?
                      Dont be daft. 
                      My Godwould not provide the sort of medical services we have today and then  say 'But you can't use them' 
                      Sorry to dissapoint you.

1. profile image54

Would you have joined your brethren in those burnings?

Then why do we have doctors and hospitals?

Yet, that is the word of your god, so I guess this is something you chose not to believe?

3. thisisoli profile image70
            thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The bible is the words of humans not god.

You have every right to talk about God on these forums, but that same right gives other people the right to express their own views about religion.

You have to understand that to most people religion appears to be a psychotic delusion.

We belittle people praising god just like we would a crazy but happy person walking down the street talking to themselves.

Thank you for letting me know I have the right to talk about God on these forums.

2. Jo Woodward profile image61

Just out of curiosity do you associate all religious belief and faith with insanity or do you reserve that judgement for Christians only?

11. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Yeh the bible commands that people should be killed raped and tortured too, but ya don't see me believin it do ya? lol

Well sir, whether you choose to believe the Bible or not, that is your right.

I do recognise my rights, but thanks for your permission anyway! lol

Yes sir, you're very welcome.

2. prey profile image66
          preyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I definitely like you.

12. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years ago

When my back aches I am thankful that I am not para;ized.
           When I spend my last dollar to fix my car I am thankful that I had that dollar and a car to spend it on.

When I am at work or any place else and begin feeling sorry for my pitiful self, I just think of a dozen other places that I would rather NOT  be more than the place that I am.
        This is easy to do. I could name more than that.

Amen!  Oh, I could go on and on thanking Him for His goodness.

13. heart4theword profile image60
        heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Today, I am thankful to God, for getting some rest and time with family:)

Great things to be thankful for.

14. earnestshub profile image80

In bible class we learn that jesus is the answer!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/DreaMblazeR_Tiger/add_toon_info.gif

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
          Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

great one! no matter what logic u present to them, their final answer will always be Jesus!

I'm interested in knowing what answer you have.

2. quicksand profile image80
          quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By that series of equations, E=Jesus. MC has no value. smile

3. yolanda yvette profile image59

He sure is!!

Yep, even using the same logic! lol

15. earnestshub profile image80

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/Evil_Kittens/jesus.jpg

I know the time will come when you won't find that funny at all.

sad, very inappropriate.

1. profile image0

God is not shocked. He knows how evil man is.

1. nikki1 profile image62

Not all men are sinners. Its just disappointing how its done. Very inappropriate. I'm sure God/Jesus is hurt by this. I for am offended. Opinions are one thing however this is...

1. profile image0

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Also, in my opinion this doesn't rep. this fine hubpages as a whole. I personally thought it was tasteless.

1. profile image0

HubPages is a mixture of people from all walks of life. It actually does represent HubPages in that respect regardless of how tasteles it is.

3. earnestshub profile image80

That's me! Evil personified. Come to think of it maybe the cartoonist is Satan! Yes that's it. Let's banish him!

16. yolanda yvette profile image59

Right now, God, I praise you for allowing me and mine the blessing of life.  You kept us through the night and brought us into this day.  Thank You.  And You didn't stop there.  For when we awake, we still had sound minds and the ability to move.  To see.  To hear.  You have bestowed new mercies upon us again.  And I again I say, Thank You.

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. (Psalm 118:23)

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing this is your way of acknowledging the hypocrisy and now want to talk it over with someone?  smile

1 Corinthians 2:14

17. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

How sad that delusions like this command and rule your life sad

Do you also thank your imaginery friend for 'Pro-Choice' rallys and Abortion as well?? hmm

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:  for they are foolishness unto him:  neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1Cor. 2:14)

2. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sad for who?

18. earnestshub profile image80

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/HAZARDOUS1068/god.jpg

He's that way only in your mind....

19. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years ago

Psa 150:1  Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

Psa 150:2  Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

Psa 150:3  Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

Psa 150:4  Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Psa 150:5  Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Psa 150:6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Amen.

20. earnestshub profile image80

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc83/XxZackyxVxX/PraiseTheLordAndPassTheAmmunition.jpg

1. Jewels profile image83
          Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is Sunday Mass on Hubpages earnest - get on your knees but for heavens sake, watch your back.

You do not know God at all.

You don't read at all do you? smile

I should be asking you that question.

Read your book. smile

If you knew the Book, you would be praising God with me instead of dishonoring Him the way you do.

Studied it in depth. smile

And yet you still know nothing of God.

Well you are right I guess. All I found finally was a lot of re-hashed stories that have been told ever since someone cried out "The sky is falling!"

A pile of contradictory vile hateful rot. smile

And neither do you.  You are only regurgitating nonsense from a psychotic text.  Too bad you actually believe you've found god.

3. profile image54

What do you know about god that is not in the bible?

21. yolanda yvette profile image59

I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.  I will be glad and rejoice in thee:  I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. (Psalm 9:1-2)

For you alone are worthy.  And you alone shall I praise all the days of my life.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen.  smile

Do you think this is an appropriate place to praise the lord? These are discussion forums - not a pulpit. What is there to discuss here? Nothing.

Don't you think you should keep it as a private thing between you and your imaginary friend? I don't care what garbage you believe - but I don't see why I should have to wade through this nonsense when I come to the forum. Do you?

1. Judah's Daughter profile image79
            Judah's Daughterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, you seek out forums that lift up God in order to tear them down.  Why not start a "hate God" forum all your own?

What does that have to do with the fact that this is not a pulpit?

Who's preaching?

As you seem to have missed this:

I absolutely think this is an appropiate place to praise the Lord.  You seem to have no problem mocking and trying to belittle Him.  So let us, who want to, get our praise on.  And if you don't like it, you can easily disregard it. 

And as you seem to have missed it, my first post began as a discussion.

Please quote me mocking and belittling your imaginary friend.

As I said - this is a discussion forum - and you think praising the imaginary super being is doing what exactly? LOL

Doesn't it know without you needing to write it out for it?

Asking a question and actually praising your imaginary friend  are two different things. Or are you unable to tell the difference?

I don't have to quote you.  Everyone knows your m.o.  And this is discussion or are you unable to tell the difference?  Or perhaps it's not your kind of discussion.  In that case, no one is making you stick around.

Exactly.

2. Jo Woodward profile image61

This thread is called Religion and Beliefs>Christianity>Christian Living.....that's a big clue to the answer.

22. Lady_E profile image71
        Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Great Post Yolanda - it's nice to have a heart of Gratitude.

Don't be upset with postings on the Thread. A time will come when people who disregard Him, will come to appreciate Him themselves, without anyone asking them to.

That time will come...

Best Wishes.

Thanks Lady_E.  And God bless.

23. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't count on that Lady E, but you're welcome to believe that.  wink

24. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 14 years ago

That comment about scriptures restricting or limiting people from seeking medical treatment. We need to take a step back in time and realized that the knowledge people had regarding healing was indeed limited.

Sodom and Gomorrah did not take believing in God serious, either!

25. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Why not try praying on this instead

http://www.virtualchurch.org/vchurch/index.htm

It may be more successful than the Hubpages forum.  Just a thought.

26. earnestshub profile image80

Once again all a matter of "context"

Actually when that was written, you needed to stay out of the grasp of doctors as well as religious fanatics! lol

27. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

What a hollow life one has when they relate every aspect of life, the world, the mind, logic and science to the delusion that such hollowness is the only way of an imaginery god. hmm

The style of preaching in this thread appears to be very similar to or based on the favorite ramblings and scriptures of the infamous Warren Jeffs. hmm

Have the FBI arrested that crook yet? hmm

28. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 14 years ago

Yeah. Religion is terminal.

It does appear so, but I escaped the indoctrination, so maybe others can begin to think logically.
          You never know in some cases, although I admit it is as rare as rocking horse sh*t! lol

1. nikki1 profile image62

wow sad

2. profile image53

i would agree that "Religion" is terminal. But i would make this comment , Jesus Christ said that I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me. He doesn't say I am a way, a truth and a life. The problem with our society today is if it doesn't fit into our bubble of what God should be or it doesn't FEEL GOOD to us. We make excuses for why we don't follow God. The truth is without a relationship with Jesus Christ you will suffer eternally.

Why would one need excuses for not believing this ridiculous fairytale? lol

Also, believing in Jesus, as some kind of saviour, is terminal as well.

I will not suffer eternally. Why? Because that nonsense you believe is based on a lie.  I am certain that the eternity of suffering you think awaits me is  psychotic delusion.  I need no relationship with Jesus Christ!

29. Michael Adams1959 profile image79
        Michael Adams1959posted 14 years ago

I liked don't tell God how big the storm is but, tell the storm how big God is

30. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years ago

When a Scientists comes to the end of the road on their journey for achieving understanding, Do they say, "  There is nothing to find beyond where we have gone? So what ever is within our understand is all that there is to know?

31. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years ago

A Scientist would say okay, what area of reality is next to explore. wink

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lots you just have to open your mind that there are other peoples way of thinking not just yours and in fact everyone is right, if it works for them

"rolleyes"

I meant that lovingly of course, not to attack anyone.

thank you for letting me have a voice too.

2. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And they never throw the road map away, that will bring them bach to where they were before. Sometimes a fresh point of view can jump the hurdle that had once been a brick wall.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nevermind, I am not going to continue this...it is too far off topic. If you need to learn more about science, please go read. Because, by your statement, you have limited knowledge of it. I'm outta here. smile

Sorry for the interruption! smile

32. earnestshub profile image80

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/limabeanlover/angel.jpg

33. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 14 years ago

CIRCULAR LOGIC

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/ALXis0/circularlogic.jpg

... and after 2000 years, no evidence at all. Not even one verifiable event or input from a god!

34. prey profile image66
        preyposted 14 years ago

god and satan only exists in ones mind.  Pride kills all optons of being open-minded.  So maybe pride is our satan?

such fairy tales

such hatred

such debate

such judgement

such struggle

this is what people call faith?

and btw jesus was just a simple man, no god

I know, i drank from his blood myself

my first prey

1. NightEmpress profile image61
          NightEmpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

2. earnestshub profile image80

Thank you thank you!
          After 2000 years without any proof, finally someone who was there at the time! smile

LOL what a vampire ! lol

.. and so young! Why at 2000 years, she is not long out of her teens! lol

I think it's an IQ problem. Too much blood gone to her head LOL

3. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's such a similarity to another hubber... about your attitude....and your avatar pic.

35. theirishobserver. profile image60
        theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Praise Jesus and Lord give strength to the Euro smile

1. Jewels profile image83
          Jewelsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ramen to the Euro.

36. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 13 years ago

I have many, many things for which to be thankful! And I thank God every day!

1. profile image54

Are you thankful your god does not feed thousands of children who starve every day? Perhaps, your god is spending too much time on your needs to feed them?

Pray tell?

37. ceciliabeltran profile image65
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

"And then maybe people like you might stop needing the woo woo lala to make them feel important and superior. Who knows? Worth a try I think."

If we all use the left brain, the right brain will shrink, then all of us will be PCs, PC. wink

Ever tried creating a new thought instead of reacting to old ones?

Who says I don't use my left brain and right? Just because I reject your woo woo lala nonsense absolutes?

All I have ever seen you do is reproduce the sort of trite meaningless explanations for those things that do not need explaining that I rejected as a 12-year-old.

Think of yourself as a grain of sand on a beach and you have all the explanations you need. wink

i think of myself as a grain of sand on the beach. the difference is I know that each grain of sand is a fractal of the entire beach. think of that.

1. profile image54

Wrong again. The entire beach is not exactly the same as a grain of sand. smile

Not it is not. More woo woo lala meaningless explanations for things that do not need an explanation. Take away a grain and what happens?

mandelbroth states that your entire being is a repetition of a basic fractal in orbit in varying scales that are infinite in proportion,make you, a grain of sand an exact scaled version of the larger Mark Knowles. wink

1. profile image54

It's "Mandelbrot" - sheesh! Correcting you seems to be a full time job here.

Meaningless woo woo lala mathematics that do not apply to the real world in a way that affects us and certainly do not apply to a single grain of sand. No matter how many times you repeat this old meaningless, been-said-a-million-times before woo woo.........

Now see yourself as an actual grain on the beach instead of needing to be something more important than you are.

well tell that to the computer graphics section of the makers of Star Wars. or the scientists computing the amount of oxygen a forest generates by getting the fractal of a stem of a tree.

And that affects me how exactly?

it proves to you that mathematics have real world applications that affect you (particularly the budget of your screenplay's production)

3. watchya profile image60
              watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That grain of sand is no fractal of the beach. It's only a part of it. You can take a grain of sand and the beach and it wouldn't make a real difference. Fractals are mathematic. They never change. Ever.

if you talk all individual grains of sand, it will make a difference.

1. watchya profile image60
                  watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But it wouldn't be a fractal . The beach will disappear. lol

2. ceciliabeltran profile image65

I said it, because i base my comments on evidence of your comments...and a little background check. so if you do...it's value is naught here. no evidence. create a new thought instead of reacting to old ones and maybe you'll be more successful in your cause. this way, you just alienate yourself and you lose influence...just a thought, PC.

Aww sweetie pie - you think you are thinking of anything new here? lol Tell me about Mandelbrot. LOL

38. ceciliabeltran profile image65

creating a new thought means offering new perspectives... not just invalidating old ones. You destroy the face of old cities better by building over it.

Sometimes it is necessary to knock the old one down and start over when the foundations are rotten.

tell that to europe. hey europe, knock down venice, will ya?

Aww - semantics - how nice.

its a metaphor not semantics.

Thank you. wink

39. ceciliabeltran profile image65

woo woo lala is every where mark, the higher up in scientific thought you go, the worse it gets. now if you like to stay in mainstream cow herding thinking, yes...go ahead and call everything you don't care to understand woo woo lala.

Sweetie pie - I never said I didn't understand it. Just that it doesn't apply in the way you want it to and it is clear that you do not understand it. Woo woo lala.

well pc, that would be an unfounded claim as you offer no evidence to support the matter.

you do not understand x=X. You do not understand that in a timescale, nothing is random. You also do not understand the solid basis of all the things you call "woowoo lala" nor do you understand what the right brain does. if you do, the value is zero. there is no evidence of the existence of your creative input to the discussion of the nature of spirituality nor the existence of man.

you making fun of people who are religious and invalidating those who think different from you does not make you a thought leader, it makes you an angry post-theist.

You think if you say it often enough it will come true? I have told you all you need to know. All the rest is meaningless woo woo lala to make yourself feel more important than a grain of sand on the beach.

There is no evidence of your creative input either - as you are apparently incapable of seeing destruction as creation. wink

destruction is not creation.

it's destruction.

in the act of destruction, what you are really destroying is yourself because as a grain of sand... you are "a tale full of sound and fury signifying nothing"

you see as a grain of sand, the only idol you can destroy is the one inside you.

Aww see there, Woo woo lala?

That is the difference between me and you in a nutshell.

You see yourself as a grain of sand in the Mandelbrot fractal beach because you need to be an integral part of something that is larger than yourself and is built up[on you as the foundation.

I - on the other hand - am a grain of sand on a normal beach that will not miss me when I am gone. In fact - if all the grains go - the sea will simply grind up some more pebbles and rocks. lol

Creation cannot come without destruction.

creation and destruction are twins. but one extreme is not the other. you cannot create through destruction. you destroy through destruction. and then someone else will create on top of what you destroyed. if you cannot swing both ways, you are nothing more than a destroyer. destroy, create, destroy, create. you can't just destroy destroy destroy. what are you creating now, PC?

Alternate possibilities, Woo woo lala.

yes, pc. ever heard of new apps? or still using excel?

2. profile image54

Some never tire of being wrong, especially Woo-woo's.

some never tire of projecting their woes onto the world and then not getting its their own.

40. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Praise be the Creator- God Allah YHWH, the Lord of Heaven and the Earth:

[6:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [6:2] All praise belongs to Allah Who created the heavens and the earth and brought into being every kind of darkness and light; yet those who disbelieve set up equals to their Lord. [6:3] He it is Who created you from clay, and then He decreed a term. And there isanother term fixed with Him. Yet you doubt!
        [6:4] And He is Allah, the God, both in the heavens and in the earth. He knows your inside and your outside. And He knows what you earn.
        [6:5] And there comes not to them any Sign of the Signs of their Lord, but they turn away from it.
        [6:6] So they rejected the truth when it came to them; but soon shall come to them the tidings of that at which they mocked.
        [6:7] See they not how many a generation We have destroyed before them? We had established them in the earth as We have established you not, and We sent the clouds over them, pouring down abundant rain; and We caused streams to flow beneath them; then did We destroy them because of their sins and raised up after them another generation. [6:8] And if We had sent down to thee a writing upon parchment and they had felt it with their hands, even then the disbelievers would have surely said, ‘This is nothing but manifest sorcery.’
        [6:9] And they say, ‘Why has not an angel been sent down to him?’ But if We had sent down an angel, the matter would have been settled, and then they would not have been granted a respite.
        [6:10] And if We had appointed as Messenger an angel, We would have made him appear as a man; and thus We would have made confused to them what they are themselves confusing.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=6

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

41. ceciliabeltran profile image65

we both have our own little pet projects...mine is to open minds to possibilities, and yours is to close them. its a good range.

But you speak of absolutes - not possibilities. And ignore the fact that to be open minded, one must destroy preconceptions. wink

you cannot destroy preconceptions by closing people's minds. they will be more protective of it. there is nothing better to gather a herd than an enemy.

You are a hypocrite.  You yourself speak what you think to be absolutes.  I have not seen you exhibit possibility thinking.  Don't you ignore the fact that to be open-minded, one must destroy preconceptions?

All you do is twist words.  You use the Bible, that you do not believe, to try and convict the believer, then you bash us for believing what we believe.  And you think we're confused....

No - I am clear. I have destroyed all preconceptions - including your ridiculous hate filled belief system. Should I not use the bible? I certainly don't do it very often in case I am mistaken for a believer. wink

It is a book - for all to use. Believer or no.

dur, i don't think you've destroyed anything other than people's faith rush. it's just like party pooping. lol

I would think that "control" would be a better description for what you do. You keep the mass hysteria from escalating...so it comes back to earth and people reassert their beliefs in a sober way.

in mysticism this is called the Emanation of Gevurah, which means Severity. An integral part of balance.

Aww - sorry - did I disturb your Woo woo lala need to be superior and pretend to have all the answers? LOLO

no, did i ruin your illusion of random existence by saying you have purpose?

LOLO not really - We call this "Woo woo lala need to be more important that we are." wink

PC, wants to insist on old program even when its old.lol
                        tinker around that thing, yes. all this randomness nonsense is from your use of PCs.

42. trooper22 profile image60
        trooper22posted 13 years ago

An omnipotent being does not require weak humans to praise, or defend it. Stop being afraid of what you are; and that is simply a human being.  Live your life free of the Lies that the controlers have washed the inside of your head with.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Devine-Message

The Omnipotent God absolutely requires humans to praise Him.  All of His other creations glorify Him, why would it be any different for humans?  He does not need our praises.  Even now His throne is surrounded by praises unto Him, that are continually, day and night, without ceasing being given Him. 

Who are you?  Or I to think that He needs anything from us.  He does require our praise and our worship, but not because He's needy.  Or because He needs be reminded of who He is or to even feel good about Himself.  But because He is God, that's why He's to be praised.  And when our devotion is misplaced we certainly will find some one or some thing else to worship.  And it's a sad day when the Creator is unable to enjoy that which He made.   

And thank you for being concerned about my freedom.  But, I've never been more free than I am today.  Jesus sets captives free. 

Focus on your own freedom, because if you ain't got Him, you're not free.  You are bound by the lies presented to you by the father of lies, satan.

1. qwark profile image60

Yolanda:
            Can you help me?
            I'd like to know if you know what you are talking about.
            Have you STUDIED the book you say contains the word of this god thing?...the bible?

TY

2. trooper22 profile image60
            trooper22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ladies and gentleman; BEWARE the Zealot.  They are the bombers and burners, manifest destiny destroyers, and those that will breed the human race into extinction. 

This man sounds like a true Roman. You remember those guys?  They are the ones that wrote your bible and told you that they are Righteous as they destroyed anything that they didn't understand, or did not conform to their idealism.  Their ancestors, (other Romanized Europeans) Murdered their way into the New world and killed paradise. 

Now let me ask you?  Is that an example of your God?  I am thinking it sounds a great deal more like the work of an Extremely delusional culture of humans who are working for other humans and not for any God.

Another tip; Romans left no one up for only 3 days...dead or alive.  Someone got paid.  When a man or woman was crucified, they rotted off the cross.

1. profile image0
              Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a zealot and do not get paid. In fact a zealot heretic!
              Tell me pagan, what have you learned apart from the media, books  and preachers pulpit?

We do not destroy the Truth, only those things that PRETEND to be Truth -to satisfy the cravings of men.

He was taken from the cross, at sunset, given to Joseph of Arimathea - who DONATED his own tomb, to be buried -ESCORTED by Roman guard to the place -because of the nature of those who killed him, safety of Joseph and to avoid rebellion.

Someone needs a lesson in history...

1. trooper22 profile image60
                trooper22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have had many, and have seen the work of Romans.  They're the evil, and since they conquered the trade hub of the ancient world, their fetid greed has spread like the plague of pass over.  It is not I good sir, it is you who needs to look beyond the text of those that allegedly killed (more likely he was taken down alive after Mary bribed the Roman Guards) your messiah, and seek the truth within the ground.  Those of evil intent are also lazy, and short sighted (thankfully).  They have left far more evidence than even the most vile of zealots can destroy.  Your book is not truth, it is a form of control.

"Never Question, Have Faith, God has done all the thinking for you."

1. profile image0

So YOU have have actually seen the Romans and their works? Or the assumed proprietary insinuations of those applications? Please, do tell. And do tell what the valuable, applicable relevance it holds - apart from the human condition - and the pagan books you wrote for them? Heathen, parasite, Baal worshiper, HA! No one cares or regards you anymore. Your temple is destroyed; see your herds and fields dried up, a wasteland of bastard children. The steel you forge is not yours, nor the weapons you think control your destiny. Snakes with no venom!

My what? HA! Pagans, you never learn, do you. Always pointing out your own flaws of which god to worship. Having cut yourselves with knives and words - left to lick your self inflicted wounds.

Do this: call upon your gods; oh wait, they are on the toilet and can't hear you. And when you realize it, the Truth will become evident. No longer will you need to interpret Truth.
                  Until then, enjoy the dung of slavery you 'created' for yourself...

43. ceciliabeltran profile image65

try not to crash everybody's program while you're at it. the more diverse programs the better the computer will run...oh wait..you're a pc! You can't have a lot of programs.

Macs don't have that problem.

Clearly you do not understand the difference here either, Woo woo lala. I sure do use a mac for my personal stuff and various easy peasy apps that it will run, but - sadly - there are limitations (less since they went to Intel) where you have to use a rotten stinking PC. My last Mac was more trouble than it was worth. Damn thing melted twice. sad

no sh-t! what do you do with it? I have been a commercial photographer for a loooong time and my files are huge, but I never had a problem. I started using macs ever since I was 18. never failed me, directors,editors and sound engineers I worked with during my days in advertising all use mac. we never ever had to use pcs, pc.

Second generation MacBook Pro - 17 inch. Everything broke - motherboard finally melted and not worth fixing. Used it for working online - now run an older Mac for personal use and a new PC for work.  sad I won't go into boring details, but there are a lot of apps I need to do this that will only work on a PC.

The MacBook Pro melted?! What on earth did you use it for? I've been a mac user all my life among mac users (except for my husband and his dad)and never heard of such a thing. I agree there are a lot of available apps for PCs but you can't seem to load them all without causing some serious IT work. My Mac can run Windows but I hardly ever ever use it. That is the strangest thing I have ever heard, PC.

44. ceciliabeltran profile image65

I'm sorry to hear that, but for toy purposes the iPad sure is fun to use, even my six year old can use it. I admittedly have never ever used a PC in my life.

so you would be right, I wouldn't know the difference. I think PCs are for old men in glasses who like to putter around in a dark room, fidgeting with the thing until the wee hours of the morning and their wives and kids wondering if they're still alive in there.

45. ceciliabeltran profile image65

Order in a timescale, Balance, orbits of zero.  not absolutes, but cycles of thereabouts.

everything has a place, a role... even you.

46. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years ago

There are too many thinks to single out one to be thankful for from God.

The fact that he decided to create man and not totally destroy  us for our selfishness, greed, hatred for me a good reason to be thankful to God.

1. profile image54

You mean like the great flood when he wiped everyone out?

47. ceciliabeltran profile image65

allow people to believe what they believe. allow yourself also to live your own life by your own beliefs not positioning them against others and thinking you got it right.

all positions serve a function in human thought.

48. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

how thought full, nice and not at all surprising to see non-believing folk in a forum titled Praise Ye the Lord.

(roars in humor.....)

Looks like both apathy and ambiguity bleed red.
        There's something to be thankful for too!

Yes - I can see how it bothers you religionists to have unbelievers question your authority when you proclaim your praise out loud for all to see. IDK - maybe if you kept it to yourself? Oh - that is right - GOD tells you to spread the ISM no matter the conflict caused. wink

Go ISM!!! Just remember - You are living the WORD. It just appears as though you are not. LOLOLOL

Roaring even louder as 21 claims not to have an ISM! I wonder if he gets we are sick of the ISM being stuck to us?

It was yaaazuuhauah that sed laugh at the unbelievers was it not? RAmen

1. profile image0

who are you calling a religionist, ex-priest (or is that ex-piest)? jeje.

Yes, i know that ISM bothers you so. The never ending infallible popularity of necessity. Yet, for it all, brother, here you are, chiming in! Bless your heart!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/3173633783_86bb21a897.jpg

If I have an ism, it is food!

ps, how did the screenplay go?

Not sure. I think I have a contract to write some related screenplays but did not sell the story I want to tell yet. (Oddly enough - a vaguely religious basis - The TRUTH:

http://moderntemplars.com/

You don't want to know how much that domain cost me. We shall see....

Oh yeah - anytime you feed Brenda's ISM you are a religionist. wink

1. Misha profile image64

My wild guess - $7? wink

No - more than that. LOL Templars are popular. LOL F****** Dan Brown.

1. Misha profile image64

LOL

I will sell you Spring Hill Baptist Church dot com for $10 though.......

Baptists - not so popular,. I have a few............... sad

1. profile image0

LMAO!

(ps, didn't realize you were a southern boy; thought north, Epernay)

2. Misha profile image64

Actually I have catholics, orthodox, and pagans. So far pagans perform the best lol

2. profile image0

that is way beyond her Ism.
                anyway, lemme look at this domain...brb

Very, very basic just yet.

1. profile image0

gottcha.

the Luminati v Templar should be fun writing.
                    lots of stuff, and yes, quite popular.

You got it. Plus the bankers pulling the strings.

Ever wonder why there was a 58 year gap in the Holy Roman Emperors line? wink

49. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Shucks! I saw this thread "Praise Ye The Lord" with Marks name as the last poster - thought he must have got saved or something!
        LOL

I don't need saving. wink

50. Sally's Trove profile image77
        Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

Why are these threads so conducive to inane back and forth (meaning conversation that gets no one anywhere except to a place of fractious discord)? Is HP a particularly delicious venue for these kinds of postures? What is it about HP that invites these antagonisms?

There are those who profess their beliefs and then those who retaliate with sarcasm, the result of which is that no good information follows.

Maybe "Religion & Beliefs" ought to be eliminated as a forum category.

On the other hand, perhaps time will tell when the skeptics and cynics actually do shed light on the reasons for these arguments.

On the other, other hand, perhaps all of this is a big great joke in the universe, the universe that we have no comprehension of whatsoever.

well, if it calls for it, it calls for it. I kinda like the way everything is considered absurd here. lol everything really is absurd.

1. Sally's Trove profile image77
            Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

51. ceciliabeltran profile image65

call it the delusion buster

1. profile image0

good one.

52. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years ago

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc83/XxZackyxVxX/PraiseTheLordAndPassTheAmmunition.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)