What is longest time you ever spent traveling as a tourist?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    rakubaposted 13 years ago

What is longest time you ever spent traveling as a tourist at one time (not cummulative)?

1. profile image0
      Charlinexposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never thought about it, but likely a month or two. I need to be recharged at home after that. smile

2. lilian_sg profile image64
      lilian_sgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My longest trip ever was to Perth at the end of last year! I really enjoyed it. It wasn't too rush and I really saw most parts of the city...and had enough time to see some parts of the southwest like Margaret River and Bunbury where I stayed with a friend for 2 days!

1. lilian_sg profile image64
        lilian_sgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oopss. forgot to say that it was for a total of 10 days!

1. lilian_sg profile image64
          lilian_sgposted 11 years agoin reply to this

latest update: two weeks in Europe, one week in Italy & one week in France, mainly Paris.

3. Schengenvisaguide profile image54
      Schengenvisaguideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Two months, and it was to the US, visiting Kansas, Florida, Illinois. I would love to travel around the world some day, then I will ask for your advice.

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

7 months

3. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

About six months.  It was an enriching experience.
    What about you?

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

About 11 months in 1973, around the world like a professional bum. Most time spent, 5 months in India for less than a dollar a day.

1. travelespresso profile image67
        travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds wonderful.  I bet you have some wonderful memories from the time you spent there.

2. profile image0
      rakubaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just one week.

4. andygrant profile image60
    andygrantposted 13 years ago

3 weeks when I was on a tour to Europe last summer.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

6 weeks in Malta - Mediterranean

1. richtwf profile image61
      richtwfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Six weeks in Malta - lucky you ... it's a very beautiful place and I was very fortunate to visit Malta for a few days. I love Gozo - so beautiful there.

6. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Well, if you are talking time traveling by car, I once spent 12 hours driving from Grand Rapids, Michigan to Montreal Canada. I actually made the trip twice, and stayed for a week each time. Loved Montreal!

The longest vacation I took was 2 weeks in florida. We spent one week in Orlando going to Disneyworld, and Bush Gardens. We then drove 6 hours from Orlando to Key West florida, and spent a week down there. I didn't like it. It was like Muskegon, Michigan with Palm trees. There was nothing to do.

It was nothing but hotels, motels, expensive tourist traps, and lots and lots or bars and cafes. The only thing exciting we did was take the Glass bottom boat tour, and watched them feed the sharks at the local aquarium. I had a much better time in Orlando.

7. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

6 weeks all up. 2 in LA and 4 in Europe. It was a family trip so Disney was a must. Traveled through Italy and Spain by train, great holiday.

8. hathibelagal profile image70
    hathibelagalposted 13 years ago

I spent about an year with a backpack. Best time of my life. Traveled through all the little towns and villages in Great Britain.

9. kids-toy-box profile image71
    kids-toy-boxposted 13 years ago

3 months in Germany. Despite popular opinion its a great place- I live here now.

1. LoveOurPlanet profile image60
      LoveOurPlanetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I spent a week in the Munich area in late Nov, once. It's a great place! Some of the most memorable museums I've ever been too, especially Lembauchhaus (the spelling didn't stay with me!) and the Museum of Technology.

10. Moxyl profile image70
    Moxylposted 13 years ago

I'm jealous that some of you can travel for months smile That would definitely be an eye-opening trip.

My record is only 1 month, wandering in beautiful Scotland - castles, highlands...

11. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 13 years ago

Just over 7 months - when I moved back to NZ from England via India, Nepal, SEA. A few years later I also did 6 months in South America. I'm about to head out for a 2 month trip - which to me is really the shortest you can travel to really get the feel of it

12. LoveOurPlanet profile image60
    LoveOurPlanetposted 13 years ago

Longest was one month: 3 weeks in Namibia followed by a week in Oxford, England. A little bit harder to be away longer than that with a menagerie at home, but I admire people who've had the opportunity to spend months abroad.

13. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

A month at most travelling through El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize and on to Mexico.

14. ashleyyoung profile image41
    ashleyyoungposted 13 years ago

Mine is 4 days on my Tri City tour, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. And I'm so eager for more. smile

15. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

38 of your Earth years so far. Heading home to my own planet eventually. tongue

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A space traveler, beyond my understanding so far.

16. kashmir-ladakh profile image58
    kashmir-ladakhposted 11 years ago

longest time i have spent traveling was 3 months.

17. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

7 months around Australia and New Zealand

18. SoManyPaths profile image59
    SoManyPathsposted 11 years ago

4 months in South America. It was so nice to experience comforts upon returning

19. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

Our longest trip ever is coming up and it will be about 12 months starting in Singapore for 10 days then Amsterdam- Europe- Britain-Canada -Alaska -USA  We are planning on buying a campervan & free camping to keep costs down a lot of the time .
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7332589_f248.jpg

20. Boulism profile image71
    Boulismposted 11 years ago

Five weeks is my longest travel experience, with the exception of studying abroad (does that count?), which was a six month experience. 

I did the typical "backpack Europe" adventure after college....and it was wonderful!

21. ct92 profile image67
    ct92posted 11 years ago

5 weeks around Europe, and 4 weeks cross country USA.

Im not even sure that I would like to go much longer than that.
    I prefer shorter holidays/trips, but more of them, than the other way around.
    Sooner or later I'll need to go home and relax and take it easy, and then get ready for getting out there once again.

22. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

Right now - We are away for a year . Have a campervan & exploring Europe + Britain . Then we will explore Canada - USA + Alaska. We are in Portugal at the moment !
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7851832_f248.jpg

23. Amber Vyn profile image60
    Amber Vynposted 11 years ago

9 weeks backpacking through Europe - I loved it! However, it's not something that I'd want to do again. About six weeks is enough for me, and then I long for the comforts of home.

24. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I spent a month in Germany as an exchange student in the Summer of 1987. I had three weeks in Frankfurt, plus one week in West Berlin (with a day trip into the then-Communist controlled East Berlin for good measure).
    I was seventeen years old and away from parental supervision for the first time ever, in a country with 5000 brands of beer and no drinking age. It was the most glorious month of my life. smile

1. nArchuleta profile image74
      nArchuletaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I spent the entire summer traveling 5 summers in a row because I was moving from 1 country to another. People would ask where I lived,  and I would say "Turkey" or"Morocco." That's where I was moving!  But then they'd ask what it was like, and I had to say, "I don't know..." It rocked living in Europe - I could travel every weekend and break!

25. bydojo profile image58
    bydojoposted 11 years ago

6 months in the US (NYC actually). We did this for the past 3 years (so 3 times). We also spent 2 months in Spain last year and will be for 3 weeks in Croatia in May. Pretty short if you ask me big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)