when does a hubber start generating income from HP?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Chrysoprasus profile image60
    Chrysoprasusposted 13 years ago

I'm just here for three weeks now. And, as I was checking my Adsense, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.. means I do not generate income, that is why i stop posting more hubs. I'm kinda disappointed.

Also, how make them click the ads (as this will generate the income). I've tried Twitter, FB, sending some mails, but it doesn't work. WEll, I got a few views and that's all.

So I would like to ask how many days, weeks, months or years before they can earn at least $1 a day?

Thanks...

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well here is an example of my earnings:

Jan - 0
      Feb - 0
      March - 25c
      April - $3
      May - $12
      June - $9
      July - $28
      August - $44
      September - $48
      October - $56

If you want to make money fast, this isn't the place to do it. However if you wish to make an income which will slowly increase over time then this is the place to do it.

Manually getting every view is a silly way to get views. Your friends aren't likely to click unless they want to help you in which case multiple clicks can get your account banned.

If you learn about keyword research and SEO the traffic will come on its own.

Chrysoprasusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so that does mean, i still have a long way to go? and hubpages, and such websites that do like this, i should take it as a leisure time, which in the long run, it will return me back and somehow generate me some money?

That's correct. Although if you write 30 hubs now and then leave them for six months you'll probably be kicking yourself in six months. Why? Because you'll go "How much would I have made if I'd written more hubs six months ago."

So my advice is trust that you can make money IF you put in the work.

It isn't easy - if it was everyone would be doing it and be a millionaire tomorrow.

But keep working and you can earn.

hmmm... writing at least one article per day doesn't hurt actually. Thanks for that WryLit, you stirs my writing blood within me... smile

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
          Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it does take time and consistent writing without an immediate payout. But take a look at these success stories to see that it eventually does pay off quite handsomely:
          http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

The biggest mistake new Hubbers make is giving up too early. Be sure to expand each of the stories and see how traffic (and revenue) increases and increases.

2. sarovai profile image74
        sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great example. Good advice. smile

2. profile image0
      Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It varies from person to person, depending on topic, how much people are looking for the topic of the articles, keywords, etc., but in five months, I've only generated about $4 total, but I also write Christian hubs, and from what I've heard they don't tend to do as well. Some folks who have been here two or three years have been successful at generating some serious money with popular topics/articles, but it's definitely a long haul thing people have to keep working at. My understanding is that most hubs take about 6 months to mature -- some less time, some more time.

Peace,
      Donna

i always wonder what kind of keywords that people often gets their interest in...

And most of your hubs takes 6 months to mature? Is that possible? SOme of my hubs are already dead, hardly even get a view...

"Already dead."

That made me laugh.

They usually will start out dead and increase over time.

For the first few days you'll get internal traffic - other hubpage users. After that it will drop off before search engines pick it up. Internal traffic doesn't make money, search engine traffic does.

Google likes aged content. And it will also gain organic backlinks if people like it over time.

MOST hubs will take 6-9 months to mature.

Some hubs will never get a view (either because you chose a topic that NO ONE is searching OR because there are just millions of articles on that topic.)

Other hubs, if you are either lucky, get in early or find a good keyword, can take off in days or weeks. But those are rarer.

So yes, the 'average' hub takes 6-9 months.

3. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my experience, if you have done your keyword research well, a hub can be on the first page of the search results in about 3 weeks. If the hub is good it will stay there and slowly creep up the serps. I expect most of my hubs to be at position 1-3 for my chosen keyphrases in 4-6 months - if they aren't then I work on them some more. When your hub is high in the serps for a phrase (or phrases) that get traffic, you will (in most cases) earn from them regularly.

4. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since no two Hub creators write exactly the same on identical topics, at the same speed of creation or promotional efforts, you're not going to get a clear answer to this.

But here's a poll that shows roughly how people are doing:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hu … od_1969509

5. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"when does a hubber start generating income from HP?"

The day after tomorrow.

6. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Income depend upon condition if u want adsense income then minimum income will be 100$ when there is 100$ total you can redeem it like in 3 months i get check from adsense.but sometime i receive my check after 1 month it depends upon total amount and not on time check min redeem rupees in amazon,adsense,konteraa.

2. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 13 years ago

You need to do "keyword research" and find out how many people are already looking for the things that you plan on writing, and how much advertisers are paying.

Otherwise you're throwing a dart at a dartboard, in a dark room, with a blindfold on, after you've been spun around a dozen times.

Once you know what people are looking for and how much you stand to make and how much competition there is, it next come down to how talented you are as a writer.

Further on from that, how effective you are at promoting. Sending out tweets, status updates and emails is only effective if you've put in as much effort communicating what it's about as you have into your writing. In other words, just spamming the link doesn't work well. Copying and pasting your introduction doesn't work well.

You need to engage your audience. Not just broadcast at them. Otherwise you're just adding to the noise. And people will turn you off by ignoring you.

If you expected great success within 3 weeks then I'm afraid you were listening to the wrong person. It takes time, talent and guts.

how to do keyword research?

and how to make my links in Twitter or FB without getting too annoying?

Without giving you heaps of advice (there is literally TONS to learn), I'd recommend checking out the link on my profile (click my picture) and it has all the basic info about what I wish I'd known when I joined. That may help.

It has information on keyword research & promotion.

i think i should follow you/ you definitely help me out from my confusion.. reading you hub now...

Good to hear. I am very passionate about hubpages - even when I started and was earning only a few cents each month, I understood in theory why it should work so ignored my doubts and trusted the hubbers that said:

"It will take about 9 months to get your first adsense payout. And after that they get faster and faster."

It's completely true. I'm getting my first payout this month, and if I keep going at this rate I'll be getting my next in three months or less.

3. LindaJM profile image84
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

Give it a couple years... you'll learn all about keyword research, will write better articles, know how to monetize effectively... learn to do backlinking effortlessly. It takes time. Very few people have instant success at this business.

4. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't give up on hubpages just yet. It took me about six months to generate my first click!
    And it took 11 months to get the first pay out level. Then the second payout took 9 months and now the third payout is nearly ready in almost 6 months.
    So just keep writing and it will add up eventually!

5. PR_am profile image61
    PR_amposted 13 years ago

When it comes to making money online(hubpages included), my advice is always consistency and diversification. Create original hubs in high demand niches (with less competition). And check out other avenues you can make money from and invest your time and writing skills.

If you know how to research keywords, create quality webpages and push them up in the SERPs, you need to think beyond hubpages.

Best of luck

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)