Here Comes the Sun, Little Darlings

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

The Republicans are poised to control The House.  Pelosi's out of a job but I have a feeling that Boehner's gonna have to wrench that gavel from her skinny, talon-like hands. lol

The Republicans won senate seats in AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, OH, OK, KY, KS, LA, MO, ND, SC, NH, SD.

It's more than a thumping that the Democrats are getting, it's decimation. big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey FK....i like the name of the thread lol and your description "wrench that gavel from her skinny, talon-like hands"........i'm not making a political comment......just having a laugh!  Thanks!

Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shucks, Somewhere, the credit goes to Mighty Mom for the title -- she mentioned it on a recent post.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.  I switched the channel for a while to watch CNN, and one of the regular commentators was calling it a "shellacking"!  LOL

Shellacking - it was that too! lol

3. puebloman profile image61
      pueblomanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes isn't it great! Obama is set to follow the path of Reagan and Clinton both of whom bombed in the mid terms and swept to power two years later. The non american world is hoping against hope that this is what will happen

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

Wow, the Republicans just flipped liberal WI, who'd have thunk it?

3. Flightkeeper profile image67

The Republicans have 207 House seats so far and the night's not over yet!

And Jerry Brown is the governor of California...again!  Man is that state so screwed lol

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I couldn't be happier!
    That "whore" -- and yes, she showed herself to be just that -- Whitman couldn't buy the governorship,even with $150 MILLION of her own money.
    And Carly -- let's ship all HP jobs to China -- also went down in defeat.
    As LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is saying right now, "Thank God California is the firewall..."

Oh -- and Nevada is solidly going for Harry Reid, too.
    I hope Sharron Angle doesn't take up her guns and foment revolution.

Yeah, a soon to be bankrupt, poor but happy firewall. big_smile

5. Flightkeeper profile image67

Republicans have now picked up 219 seats - they control the House.  Poor Pelosi would be crying but her many facelifts have stretched her face so tight that that it can't move.

6. Mighty Mom profile image78

We have had a Republican governor who had great plans of changing Sacramento politics. I voted for him and I supported him -- but "politics as usual" was too much, even for The Terminator.
    No reason to think DC is any different.
    It really doesn't really matter which party controls Congress.

I don't know where you are getting your numbers, FK. I don't doubt them, but I am following our local NBC affiliate on TV and Washington Post online. WP shows only 200 House seats not 219 (?)

7. Flightkeeper profile image67
  8. Flightkeeper profile image67

Oh man, I just noticed that Obama's seat in IL just flipped Republican lol It can't get better than that.  And the senate seat for PA flipped Republican too!

9. Mighty Mom profile image78

Thanks for link, FK. I'm still not sure where they are getting that 220 number, but I imagine it will be that or close to.

Thought this was interesting prognostication of what happens next. "Be careful what you wish for... Republicans."
    Will seriously be looking for some movement as the party of NO becomes the party of YES... or else!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- … ontentBody

Well I'm hoping the Republicans stay true to their mission and not become RINOs otherwise they are out.

10. Mighty Mom profile image78

FK -- Wishing you a sincere congratulations on the major win of House seats. I truly hope this balance of power will be positive for our country and may even bring about more bipartisan cooperation in Congress. Call me Pollyana...

I don't care who gets to take credit for it if they can get America out of this damned recession soon!

Yes, that is the ultimate goal -- to get America working again.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second that!

11. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I do not think that is their goal fk..I just don't.

I sincerely believe the Republican goal is to keep money flowing to the top. Period.

12. Flightkeeper profile image67

This is not the most final of results but as close as I can find this morning.

Republicans picked up:
    60 seats in the House for a total of 240! Clearly Pelosi was delirous when she claimed earlier that the Dems were going to keep the House.
    6 seats in the Senate including IL, PA and WI!
    7 Governors

So much for Obama telling the Republicans to sit in the back.  This is a huge Obama FAIL.

Let's hope he gets the message that Americans don't want big government but since he's such an idealogue, I doubt it.  The campaign for a smaller effective government begins now.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He (the POTUS) will be speaking today at 1:00 pm eastern time.

Lets hear what he has to say.

I guess he needed that morning to let it all sink in.  But my bet is he's putting things in place to get as much legislation as he wants rammed through by the end of the year.  It's not over yet.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I am VERY happy that we have more of a divided government now...BUT the republicans are going to have to accomplish something, or they'll be out in 2012.

With a divided Congress it would be hard to accomplish anything.  All I see is gridlock.  For anything to be accomplished Obama has to be less of an idealogue and willing to compromise.  I don't see that happening.

14. lovemychris profile image76

"For anything to be accomplished Obama has to be less of an idealogue and willing to compromise."

You have got to be kidding with this statement...please tell me that you are. 

If you really believe that, we are in huge trouble.

WHO have been the ideologues unwilling to compromise?

WHO has said, "This is no time for compromise"?.......

You have got to start being honest with yourself.

15. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

I've never heard that version of Wipeout. That was so good! Thanks, Reality.

16. Flightkeeper profile image67

THE BIGGEST LOSER

http://www.poormojo.org/hate/obama-0161.jpg

17. Mighty Mom profile image78

This is not the first time mid-term elections have flipped against the sitting POTUS.
    We will be watching very closely over the next 2 years.
    We should be seeing a giant jumpstart in jobs for Americans.

I've heard commentators say that Obama didn't focus enough on the economy/jobs in trying put through health care so soon.

I hope we (here) can all agree that the #1 priority for the new Congress and the Senate needs to be getting Americans back to work. Pronto.

In other (classic) words: It's STILL the economy, stupid!

18. lovemychris profile image76

Plenty of Americans too. I don't fault Obama at all. This is big money big rotten a**holes who have destoyed America for their own selfish agenda.

They took over America, because of laizze faire attitudes, lax regulation, and molly-coddling of rich people and big business/corporations.

Capitalism. Money as God. Horrible people disguised as caring.

America needs an enema. And the Baglicans aint it. They are poison. IMO

19. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Lovemychris, have you ever checked to see how much "big money" Obama accepted??

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. I don't care. They all do it. What I care about is what he does as President.

He is making changes to all that money-as-gvt stuff...trying to anyway. But who do you think is stopping him at every turn?
      He has done a lot of good...things i agree with. Things I want...and you would think we could get a chance to give him a chance.

Can I ask you...wasn't 8 years enough for you? Do you have to have everything all the time?

And I think it's telling that you can find out where Obama's money came from...you can't do that with the Baggers. Rove 's money donations to Republibaggers are secret...you wonder why? I do.

I wanted a chance for the kind of America I want...and people like me. I geuss 2 years was all you repubs could spare.........out of 10!!!!!!

Oh well...you get what you want...we get the shaft.
      Congrats.
      And America is TOAST.

20. Mighty Mom profile image78

These mid-term elections saw unprecedented amounts of money funding character-assassinating ads.
    The biggest problem is, since the Supreme Court ruling, we don't know who is behind the ads -- it will be months till the accounting comes through -- if ever.
    But at least in some races, the obscene amounts of money backfired.
    What a gigundo waste.

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

All is not lost Jerry Brown is Governor of California again and Andrew Cuomo kept a psycho out of the governor's mansion in NY smile

Now the Republicans have to come up with some ideas rather than "just say no."

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How 'bout this???

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/beffytam/villagestreetwear_2121_2208343682.jpg

lol lol lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never in a million years.

C'mon...you gotta admit, it's funny!

big_smile

2. uncorrectedvision profile image62
        uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Post the link for that poster - made me laugh, too.

lol--My son has the t-shirt... big_smile

3. dutchman1951 profile image59
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the poster is a scream!....lol

2. uncorrectedvision profile image62
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you had done any reading over the last two years you would have seen multiple plans put forward by Republicans and promptly dismissed.  I love the idea that California and New York have Brown and Cuomo at a time that Republicans hold the house.  No Democrat House to bail out NY or CA when they take the final plunge into bankruptcy - should before the 2012 elections.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know what? Obama was elected president, he did not have to do what those who lost asked. His problem is that he tried to compromise with them and they did not want to compromise. They didn't care if they destroyed their own country just so they could get back in power.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)