who or what is your god

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (101 posts)
  1. Troy C. profile image59
    Troy C.posted 13 years ago

In the poem "Idols Of The Heart", the poet states;
    What we think about all day long
    Be it right or be it wrong
    Becomes the idol of our heart
    It occupies our life and most of our thoughts.

My question is who or what do you serve, what is it that you have on your mind when you wake each morning, driving in your car, soaking in the tub or sitting on your deck, etc. etc.
    That my freind is your God, that is who you serve, that is what you have dedicated your very life to.
    For me it is God and there is no other God before him. Not money, not fame,( I can't resist), not a score; not anything.
    I serve GOD! What about you?

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly how do you serve your god, that you can't see or that doesn't talk to you?

2. RevolveR profile image59
      RevolveRposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I serve myself. I love myself, forgive myself, pamper myself. If I had relied my life on God, today I'd be a loser for sure. God doesn't do anything for you. It doesn't exist ! Have you seen it ?

3. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My God is of glorified body of flesh and bone.  He has worked out His own salvation in mortality just as we are doing and just as His Father did.  He is the pinnacle example of man's potential.  His blessing for His faithfulness and exaltation is the rendering of unnumbered spirit children that salvation and pure joy may be perpetuated through the devine nature of man.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think your god is a myth and just a story of a person who did not even exist. The horrid hateful story is the embellishment of the dozens of religious stories that came before it and originating with worshiping the sun god. smile
        A childish dependent other than self myth.

4. Woman Of Courage profile image59
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I serve God with all my heart. He is the only true God. He brought me out of darkness into the glorious light. I praise him for his greatness!

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So all those other religions, like Islam are just fake I guess.
        With this type of statement no wonder believers cause so much conflict.

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It might be helpful if you truly understood this quote you've made.
      I serve a dual masters- Humanity and Myself.
      How to better the world.
      I stay mentally alert at all times. Not a time for daydreaming.
      Take showers and concentrate on cleaning myself. Not a time for daydreaming either.
      Don't have a deck.
      Finally, you've seem to be learning that the word "god" is a metaphor for something else.
      People, yes I serve other people.
      Yes, the service of others. As it should be in the first place.
      Now you've backtracked and apparently forgot what you learned above? Go figure.
      No one serves these things and to think that they do is irrational.
      Apparently, as I said above, you've backtracked. hmm

6. DaKingsKid profile image72
      DaKingsKidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If we know God, then we experience God in our daily lives. Our thought are even directed toward Him in almost ever circumstance. Hence some one coin the phrase WWJD. In ever area of ones life questions can be raised of how to go about certain things. It this forum i can see someone even said they are there own God. Yeah well sad to say if you were to die today could you give yourself life tomorrow. Another said that God is a made up myth. cant really agree with that one. I have Come to know Christ. I put my trust in Him and wanted the truth. I could not continue in this world with what i thought to be so, because i know i could have been wrong easily with all the other teachings and religions floating around. I desired truth from the only one who possibly could posses it, God. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jesus is the Christ the Risen Lord. As i called upon His name and believed God, He began to reveal such things to me that only He could. But it takes you denying what you think you know. And Trusting in God.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

AMEN!

1. profile image52
          AnotherAngelOfGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love your screen name! Amen means "so be it"! I love you in Christ Jesus sister. wink

7. getitrite profile image71

Excuse me, but who are you to define the meaning of what God is?  This is merely a narrow-minded simple opinion.

Which God?  Another simple opinion.

I have never served God before, but imagine He would probably taste fabulous with some farber beans and red wine.  Any suggestions?

1. profile image52

You're right. This is just my opinion, but I get my knowledge of these biblical principles from the Christian bible , the OLD TESTAMENT AND all of the NEW TESTAMENT. Where does your knowledge come from? I do not believe in COINCIDENCES. I have experienced "religion" and for me I personally know everything does happen for a reason.

Email me at anotherangelofgodredeemed@gmail.com and I'll try to help you with any reasonable questions regarding what Jesus has done for me personally. Just keep asking OUR GOD your questions and always surrender but NEVER GIVE UP! HE OR SHE THAT HAS AN EAR, LET THEM HEAR. AMEN

I was not responding to you, but if you insist on being willfully ignorant, then that is your problem.

Why do you ask?

I don't believe you KNOW much of anything.

Thanks, but NO!!!!

Why would I do something as insane as that?  Talking to imaginary entities is psychotic...and sometimes people are institutionalized for it.

2. profile image52

Sounds like you're still living in terror, I'm sorry.

I would have thought that getitrite is simply living in the real world myself.

Correct!

There is an ego defense mechanism called "projection"
            It's when someone actually attributes his own unacknowledged unacceptable/unwanted thoughts and emotions to another.

This is a classic example.  Oh the terror ignorance must bring.

3. Dave Barnett profile image57
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, Hannibal. His mouth is bigger, teeth sharper, and he could care less about farber beans, Jesus juice is good, but NO ONE wants the big guy gettin' gas from eatin' beans.

And I'm sure you know the dimensions of His mouth and teeth based on sound evidence.  If not then I'll accept this as a joke. lol

??????????

1. profile image0
            sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is just nuts that they always end up describing some sort of devilish monster that eats people alive and rips them limb from limb and tosses them in fire and then call it the 'loving god'.  ewww

and that's when it's in a GOOD mood! smile

Silly little god! smile

8. Dave Barnett profile image57

There is one God. He has a positive side, and a negative side. Man, male and female, both of which has two sides. + and -. Everything, including Atoms have this "duality", indeed, it is the image in which we were created (In part) If you insist, we can go sub-atomic. Everything is Di-polar. That's how it all stays together.

9. profile image52

I agree with your comments above. I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, now in Christ Jesus. I did not write the poem, "The Fallen Ones", I did the comment under the poem using my screename "AnotherAngelOfGod". You can email me at: AnotherAngelOfGodRedeemed@gmail.com
      I would love to examine these ideas with anyone brave enough to hear the TRUTH! HE THAT HAS AN EAR, LET HIM, (OR HER), HEAR THIS NOW!

1. Dave Barnett profile image57

You do know it has begun in earnest. Ahhhh....the curtain on a 3 ring circus.

10. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I lack the attention span to have any one thought or topic dominate my thinking through out the day, so what is that supposed to mean then?!

I mean I flit from one topic of thought to another faster then a humming bird flits from flower to flower.

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

Then you push the damn rock,

2. profile image52

NO KIDDING!!! LOL

Rock, rock, who peeked under the rock?

3. Dave Barnett profile image57

Doormatnomore....I meant : ROLL that ROCK!

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I have known this for quite some time, 
    What came to mind while reading this kinda shook me deep.

I've been worrying a lot lately as to when the next shoe is going to drop  (American phrase for  What the $*^# is coming next?) 
       And worrying as to whether I am going to be the one throwing it.

I guess that worry can take over your whole being and become like a god?

warning !  Grandpa phrase.

If you can't  or  not going to   do anything about it?  Don't worry about it!! 
      It is in your gods hands anyway! what ever that god is.   

Next time I wake up all worried;  I think that I'll just let GOD have it.  unless he says  no!  you do it.

Jer, read my comment above.

2. profile image52

Dave,
      I will be developing and will be publishing a Facebook page/website in the very near future. I sat one day praying to God to help me use the awesome gifts He has blessed me with and He gave me those words under the comment by AnotherAngelOfGod. He even told me to use that pseudoname. He has delivered me from a lifetime of many forms of abuse, including self-abuse through IV Meth over 3 months ago. He has completely changed the Way I think, how I deal with life now and much more. If you're truly interested in learning WHO YOU ARE TO GOD, email me at:
      AnotherAngelOfGodRedeemed@gmail.com
      Looking in the mirror can be terrifying, there's not much in life that I haven't tried to "use" to comfort myself, or make myself forget. Now I practice remembering instead of always trying to forget the bad stuff. God told me that even the bad works to train us in the way we can spiritually mature. He has set this captive free from a prison I put myself in. I would love to hear from you brother. Keep FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!

1. DaKingsKid profile image72

Praise God.    Psalm 107:20

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I live in present time as much as I can. I enjoy every moment I can with those I love and my mind is on what I need to do daily to keep my life as it is now.

I am happy today, my children are all ok, and it had been another beautiful day. Tomorrow I will wake with the same plan for life as I had today. Live it, be in the now.

Aborigines know more than you. Go ask them.

Which of their 4,000 languages are you fluent in? smile

The very first one. Which one was first?

36,000 years of language, culture and religion to examine.
            You asked, you go first.
            Maybe the bible was based on their myths?

2. profile image52

Watch out how you try to hurt someone's feelings. That was not very nice. Maybe you out to try it before you buy it brother. When you're tired of being in hell, lift your head up and cry out to our God. He knows anything you think and feel, He loves all of us and I don't believe He ever intended any of us to spend eternity in Hell. He's just waiting for us to wake up and smell the coffee and He's been pretty patient if you ask me. Anything I write or say comes straight from Him that made me. You just need to keep on keepin on. I wish you well.

1. profile image0

Wow your god sounds like it doesn't listen very well it also sounds like a total jerk.

5. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

I am my own god.

When the big God gets here, watch how the puppy god runs.smile

1. profile image52

You got that right!

2. profile image52

Well if you put yourself 1st before the Creator, you end up just alone.

6. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Search and find yourself with in your life period.If you starts searching the answer will come.

Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only a couple of people answered  the question, The WOC and some other guy who worships himself. The others just say the same things over and over. No original thoughts just the same recorded message..
      Now when I say this it is not a personal attack, it is Biblical truth. These losers who knock God are damned souls who will reap what they sow.

Proverbs 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love smplicity? and the scorners delight in in their scorning, and fools hate knowedge?

People, read proverbs 1:22-33, My typing skills are too slow. I hope someone will post it  for God. As the bible says , "these Fools" need to hear it.

Don't debate with the devils children, do as Jesus did and use the sword of God; which is the word of God. satan himself had to retreat from it. Lean not on your own understanding, but rely totally on GOD!

Love and Blessings, Troy C.

A man of God once told me, " a man convinced against his will is of the same option still."

No matter what we say unless the spirit of God is working on them and drawing them to come to Jesus, they will by no means receive what it is we have to say. So im not trying to convince someone to believe me anymore. They need to believe the Ones words in which I speak..That is if they are willing to listen.. May God speak....

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

Agreed. Not anyone can recieve if their eyes are closed, and ears slammed shut.

2. earnestshub profile image80

Intellectually insulting condescending nonsense in my view. smile

1. profile image0
            Whikatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lollollol

Troy C. wrote,"satan himself had to retreat from it" Where is that mentioned in the Bible? Or does Troy know this "Satan" character personally? hmm

Matthew 4:10-11

2. DaKingsKid profile image72

I also think it is funny how many people come into a forum on Christianity, Jesus and the Bible. And leave such comments. Praise God that they are here and really deep down inside are longing for attention. May God move in your lives in such a way that you can no longer deny Him, but realize the grave mistake of trusting in what you deem to be knowledge. You all are loved...

lol lol lol You should get out more! lol

Finally something i do agree with. I would like to get out more....

2. profile image0

hmm, I just read your hub about being banned. Gee, I can't imagine why you would be banned? Let's see, You asked a question on a public forum. When people were kind enough to answer your question you call them "Losers who are damned souls" "Simple Ones" and "Fools" All the while preaching to them about some invisible God. It seems to me that you do not play very nice. I think you should pick up your ball and go home.

Isn't that what your "Jesus" would say? smile

Please do not be mad that he got picked by the winning team.. Sometimes when people speak truth it comes off as being harsh. The fact in the end, that you can not change the outcome in and of your own power can sting a little, and even cut you deeply.

1. profile image0

roll Troy and his team are winners all right. I won't be mad. I still own my common sense. I do not need you to change your beliefs for my life to be complete. Nor, do I need you to change your beliefs for me to have a happy and joyful life. smile

It was kind of you to answer on Troy's behalf. I am sure he appreciates people always thinking and answering for him. smile

3. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do keep hearing that same recorded message over and over, and yes it is a personal attack - "losers who knock God" is an ad hominem aimed directly at the person and is not the same as providing original thought towards the argument of someone who you may perceive as knocking a god.  smile

4. Cagsil profile image70

No original thoughts? How can you even honestly say that, when you depict what you say from a 2000 year old book? hmm
        Your first mistake is in saying that the Bible has truth in it. You might reconsider.
        There are plenty of people in the world who constantly blame the god they worship for their own problems and yet you are calling non-believers for defamation. How nice.
        Your first clue should be in the beginning of your own book- your god didn't like humans to gain knowledge- he wanted them to simply obey and not think. How nice.
        The only things "these fools" refers to is those idiots who believed in a god of religion and didn't truly understand life itself.

You need to get out more dude. hmm

5. profile image0

I didn't see how WOC answered the question

According to WOC it is because your eyes are closed, and your ears are slammed shut.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac135/tdockery97/drunk_smiley.gif

2. profile image52

I love it!

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

"These fools" have seen it, decided it was psychotic rot and dsmissed it. smile

Earnestshub i will be praying for you. Im going to be asking God to bring several people to You with His gospel in person. Three days time you will get your chance to come to know Jesus. I know that you are so greatly Loved by The King of Kings..

1. Cagsil profile image70

lol

2. getitrite profile image71

This sounds like a disturbing delusion.  I mean do you really think that you can influence the natural order of things, and set into motion your own agenda, by calling upon the creator of the universe to prove your position?

What a crock!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
          kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is taught that God has given us free will, then the 'believer' takes it upon themselves to erode and deprive others of that right. If God really wants Earnest to believe in her, She will come to him clear as day, wait while Earnest goes to medical tests to discover his is in perfect health and not suffering with some tumor, then say Now do you believe me? God has not done so, I guess she is happy to let Earnest make his own mind up using that freewill thing. Funny how believers seem to know better then God eh?

3. profile image0

Oh-No, how awful for you Earnesthub, It sounds like they have your picture pasted to their little Voodoo doll, and they have begun casting their evil magical spells and curses on you my friend. sad

What religion did they say they were again? hmm

I see most of the residents of loserville are here. I say losers because;
          You are losing out on salvation
          You are losing your souls to eternal damnation.
          Losers one and all
          And in the end you will all fall
          Fall into your fathers hell
          Where bedtime stories he will tell
          Of how he lost to the God above
          Who had shown him nothing but his agape love
          But now the time is up and it is too late
          And you all will burn in hell, in the fiery lake.

1. profile image0

Hey Troy,
            Are you trying to sweet talk me?

You silver tongued Devil You lol

Proverbs 1: 23 Turn you at my reproof:
              behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will
              make known my words unto you.

Jesus said:There is another who is coming after me. He is the spirit of truth, He is the Holy Spirit. He will reveal all things, nothing will remain hidden. The spirit will be poured out upon all flesh, and what is secret, will be shouted from the rooftops."

2. profile image0

oh what a message of love - makes me want to race back into church - NOT

Your comment reflects your understanding/lack of. If you had a clue one, you would know that you ARE the church. Think he gets it yet? Neither do I.

3. profile image52

nice

Nice?

What could be nice about it?

AAG Knows something I KNOW. You don't know, think...you...know. We KNOW for a FACT! Hey, Angel. You Know DRUID? That would make 3 and one invisible. Confusing them enough yet?

2. profile image0

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/trolls.gif

Nice sign. smile Good advice too. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

I don't know which religion it is, but I can predict the outcome.

My 5 year old granddaughter can answer their questions.

REALLY??? Answer this, or maybe you should ask her. Where in the bible does it mention the process by which individual cells divide?

4. earnestshub profile image80

Is this a death threat?

If you gonna die, then, I'd say that it is no threat at all.

If you have not Christ then truly you are dead already. I have no desire to see those who are rejecting the truth of God's word perish and go into that to which awaits those who do not accept the work in which Christ has done on the Cross. You all are gifted individuals who have amazing minds. God loves you so greatly. It has not been my intention to insult anyone in here.

Do any of you have a spouse that you love? How would you feel if someone came into your house and sat her in the middle of the room and started urinating on her, and started wiping human feces all over her. Pretty bad huh.

That's what some of you are doing by the way you are talking about the God that i have come to love and serve. If you only new the Love that is available to you. You reject the very one who has the power to save you. The One who says in the end where you will spend eternity.

Bulldust!

I have been through the "religious experience" and out the other side of it as many have. Are you claiming that you and you alone had a valid religious experience, and that the god you chose out of hundreds is the "one true god?"

The psychological description of such a belief when projected on to others or "other than self" is megalomania.

Naturally I am not calling you a megalomaniac, I would never do that, despite the fact that your beliefs insult my intelligence and abuse my rights constantly where they are imposed on society.

I cant stand religion. Jesus Christ is all about relationship.. You can hear about Jesus all day long, learn about Jesus, And still not be saved.. Its Knowing Him and being know by Him that matters in the End.....

Its having the personal relationship that He desires. Checkout John 17:3

1. profile image0

OH BOY! I just cannot wait to check out John 17:3! big_smile

I'm gonna bet my life that you DON'T have a relationship with the creator of this amazing universe.  You can believe it all you want, but you(or no one else) is that special.

What you have is an overactive imagination.

If you think about it, this is a bizarre belief.

3. profile image0

so you've seen Jesus then?

And you wonder why people despise your insulting beliefs?

That would be noble if it were not paranoid delusional nonsense.

But we are to abdicate our amazing minds and become willfully ignorant.  Is that right?  WOW

Yet you have said one insult after another.

My spouse is real, but your God is a nonsensical myth.  How can you compare the two?  You are getting your feelings hurt for absolutely NOTHING...which is, btw, disturbing.  Every bit of this nonsense is in your mind.

Your God can't even save the starving children of the world, so why should any sensible person put their faith in such incompetence?

The Bible says we will always have the poor with us, as for being insulting, I am only going by the teachings in the Bible. You are either for God or you are against him. There is no middle ground. I am not angry, it is the lost who are angry because they have no real direction in life. They worship their bank accounts and when that disappears, they are lost and some even kill themselves over the loss of their god. I am not making this up, it is a fact.

I know that I am serving God rightly because the forces of evil are in an uproar, but I feel that God is sending in reinforcements.

1. profile image0

Shut the hell up! lol It's not a fact! lol lol lol

Read the newspapers and study the history of the stock market crash and as far as your directive, it shows your true character.

1. profile image0

Oh! You got me, really you did.  I shall now hang my poor head in shame for I worship my empty wallet and shall now kill myself because you said it is a fact!  Amen and remember, Jesus and I love you! big_smile

What people do for money is crazy. To say the lease that they would take their own life is not an exaggeration. Its a sad thing to know that people can not see beyond their own lust for money, and that there is more to life than having more of it. The Blessedness of Knowing Christ and the power that is in the resurrection is far greater than all riches. Only One can see you into Heaven. There is only one way, one truth.

I've seen it said that people are not thinking for themselves or reference to that idea. How about this for an Idea. Let say I live my entire life serving what some have called a mythical God or a figment of my imagination. So i live my life to love others and do for others. I lead a blessed life. Say i'm wrong in the end. What is wrong with that? But lets say I'm not and you come to find out on that day that i am right, can you afford not to have known God and not have done what He asked of you to do according to His word while you lived here in His creation? What kind of excuse or accusation will you have then when all is striped away and you have nothing to hide behind. You reasoning can not bail you out. Being a good person in your own eyes wont amount to anything. And a life full of transgression against the standard of a most Holy God still to show for.What Then?

Here is the way to God www.Jesus2020.com While you still have breath in your lungs, and are willing to humble yourself before God and to the fact that you do not hold the answers or have the power to save your self from what is awaiting beyond this life.

What a callous way to relieve yourself of thinking about the misery of others.

Then you should stop believing in an insulting book written by ignorant goat herders.

umm?...NO.  Someone made this up, and here you go regurgitating it.  Have you ever tried thinking...for yourself?

And let me guess...you get to determine who is lost by using the myths and primitive understandings of Bronze Age goat herders, Right?
                Good luck with that.

No you are not making this up.  Someone else has already told you what to think, you are simply parroting the nonsense of psychotics long dead.

Sending in reinforcements huh?  Since your God is such a fool that He can't even feed the starving children, I don't think the forces of evil have anything to worry about.  In fact, they should be laughing.

If you only knew the Love that God has for you, you would not be as bitter toward those who know His love and desire to share it.

As for feeding hungry children, there are lots of organization which are Christian might I add, that are hard at work doing so. They are His hands and feet. Why not stop complaining on what you think is not being done, and start being a part of the solution.

Quit taking about it, and be about it.

I think you mean if I was only delusional, I would believe this nonsense.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your foolsih God.  He still allows the starving children to die.  Could you address the real issue?

They also seem to be his head and brain as well, because He apparently is imaginary.

Stop evading the real issue.  The onus is not on me.  This is about the foolish beliefs you are promoting here.  Take some responsibility and prove to me and others that your absurd beliefs make sense.  Just do that, and stop with this evasive nonsense.

3. DaKingsKid profile image72
Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)