Does anyone have a testimony to share of God's goodness?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Dviews profile image60
    Dviewsposted 13 years ago

So often we are caught up with the ups and downs of life that we often time forget to stop and give God (the almighty creator of heaven and earth) all the praise he deserves.

In 2007 I was diagnose with Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot) in my lungs, never been sick in my life but at that point found myself strung up in the hospital fighting for my life. In that moment when the doctors came and told me how lucky I was because that the blood clot had missed my heart; nothing else mattered, not material gain; house, money, prestige, education.
    I thank God for life. I live to testify of his goodness. Be blessed!

1. Troy C. profile image62
      Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God  bless you for  your testimony and yes God has blessed me also. He has given me too many blessings to count. Recently with an over eight thousand dollar bill removed and another source of income that I prayed for. God is a God of provision, he will provide all of yor needs.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I remember that great testimony smile

2. AtJacobsLadder profile image61
      AtJacobsLadderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello i am new a t hubpages.
      I am a witness to His Goodness, He has taken me by the hand and shown me the way when I was lost in the world not knowing I was lost. He taught patiently to believe in His Son and saved me. Everything else that comes is a bonus. I thank Him from dawn till night, I still cannot believe what He has done for me. God bless you.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61

Hi AtJacobsLadder, Welcome to HubPages. Great testimony. smile

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61

Dviews, I praise God for intervening in your life. No one could have done it but God. Thank you for opening this wonderful thread and sharing your testimony. big_smile

2. onegoodwoman profile image67
    onegoodwomanposted 13 years ago

It is all of God.........
    whether we embrace or deny.....

Jonah, Rahab........King David,   Daniel?

willing believers or reluctant ones...........it is all God's story.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

I was a living witness of his goodness before I became a christian. When I was teenager, I gradually fell into a deep depression. I felt there was no hope at all for the situation I was facing. Words will not fully express the pain in my heart. I wanted my life to end. I cried out to God to help me. I was not about to live another day feeling like I was in a black hole. I know without a doubt, God rescued me right on time. I reached out to God and he poured his merciful love upon me. In that instant, the power of God's love begin to dissolve the depression, and I was able to smile and laugh again. Shortly after, I accepted Jesus Christ into my life. smile The devil desired to destroy me, but the power of God's mercy said NO! big_smile

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Well recently I donated a quilt to the poor and a few days later won $100
    that was great for me

In my life though it's not easy, I've sensed that everything I've been through has taught me alot. I'm glad it happened and I look forward much more joy in the future now that I'm finally on the right medicine and feel 100% better. I'm so grateful.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I thank God every night for my wonderful family! When I was married to my ex, neither of us wanted children, so we decided to get sterilized. Since we were only 18 and 19 at the time, the doctor wouldn't do it. Then I accidentally got pregnant and had my first daughter, and later had two more daughters. Now I have eight awesome grandchildren! I had no idea when I was 18 how rewarding children are, and I thank God for preventing that rash decision I had tried to make!

1. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Habee,

Isn't is great that somehow He knows what we will face on down the road, and makes provisions before we get there?

Miracles happen every second of every day.

Blessings to everyone.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks, mom101

smile

I know what you mean. Faith is a gift, it's not a logical thing, it's simple like a child yet....profound.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's really cool Habee. I'm glad for you smile

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't god frown on that sort of thing? Aren't those serious sins in which an afterlife of eternal damnation awaits?

You made the decision as a believer in god, it was the doctor who made the decision for you not to do it. smile

6. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

"Does anyone have a testimony to share of God's goodness?"
    I don't understand the question.
    you must, literally, define this "god" thing for me before I can attempt an answer.
    I'd really like to participate but can't until you do that for me.
    Thanks.
    Qwark

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)