Sex appeal

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (37 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I've heard it's been said to women at least
    that if you meet a guy who you are so attracted to that you want to go to bed with them immediately--most likely they are not for you.  That you will not have a healthy relationship.
    But that you should be friends first....

What's the combo for chemistry and friendship??? roll In other words, what is the best combination to have for a good mate.

You may deliberate wink

Also, would you Ever have sex with someone you have no attraction for? Why? And what would you do, if you feel in love w/ someone you considered "ugly" or unnattractive, and then fell out of love--which eventually will happen (the honeymoon phase).

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This describes uncontrollable lust. If one gives into this desire, then the man is most likely, depending on the sex itself, to not maintain any sort of relationship.

I would go out on a limb to say that for most men it is about the chase than it is about the sex itself.
      Yes, a good starting point would be friends first.
      It would be healthy to be attracted to the individual, but not to the point where you cannot control yourself own bodily functions.
      Been there, done that. Why? Too much alcohol. lol
      To fall in love- there must be something about them that brought on that feeling, and apparently it wasn't based on attractiveness or "ugly"(as you put it). And, if you fell out of love- it most likely wouldn't change anything, because that something feature will still exist.

Just my thoughts on your questions.

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that sounds like a very good explanation to me.
        Thankyou for making sense of my question smile
        Your advice is very good!

You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of some help. wink

The questions went unanswered for 72 minutes when I finally saw it. lol

I did basically have the same thoughts as you, but it feels nice to have someone say it back even clearer smile

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I honestly never heard of this saying before, but it kind of sounds like superstitious nonsense if you ask me. As anyone will tell you about relationships, it takes some sort of initial attraction to ignite the relationship at first, or the attraction has to take some sort of effect.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all relationships are based solely on physical attraction, as it could just as easily be an emotional attraction as well.  The point is there has to be something that draws you to that person initially.

It depends on the people involved.  I've seen some people go out on a first date, then immediately hit it off right away.  Or, I'll often find people who say they've known their wife for years, as a friend, before they ever started dating.  It really depends on the people, but ideally unless you meet someone that you immediately click with, then it's often best to take things slow if your looking for something serious.

The only person that can answer that is YOU.  What may be a suitable lover for you, may not be ideal for someone else.  If I were you, I'd spend time thinking about the type of guy that you do want to be with first before seeking a new lover.

First of all, I doubt seriously a person would marry somebody they weren't attracted to on some level, unless you want to bring up arranged marriages, then this kind of sounds silly.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so how would you define ugly?  It's highly subjective, and can't be defined; although the media and capitalism would have you think otherwise with their corporate brainwashings.  However, the truth is, the only way I can see this happening unless the person is freaking drunk or high when they got married, and they were in a place like Vegas where people can get married in a hurry.  That's the only way crap like that could happen.

Even if it did, I'm sure people probably get annulments all the time there, so it wouldn't be a biggie.  As for me, I only drink on occasion and have never done drugs, so this would never happen to me at all.  Barring some type of arranged marriage, this wouldn't apply to me.

As far as looks go, I told somebody once on here that appearances really don't matter to me about a girl, as the way I see it.  Beauty fades away over time with age, but a woman's heart and personality will ultimately remain the same, so that's kind of what I look for in a girl.  Seriously, if I had to pick between  some over weight girl with a heart of gold and a playboy centerfold that was a real stuck up b****.  Well, I would tell the playboy centerfold to go to he!!, since she obviously thinks she's better than me.  lol  Then I'd give the other girl a chance, as I said before looks aren't necessarily something I focus on.  It's more about her personality to me if anything else.  Now, if I were to accidentally marry a girl and she turned out to be a b****, then that could lead to a lot of problems....

yeah, true.

Yeah it's an error to date someone just so you're not lonely....and then find yourself not attarted to them at all.  Ridiculous really.

1. profile image0

No, you should never date someone just out of fear of being alone, as I did that once with another girl, and it ended horribly.  That's why it's often important to find someone that you truly want to be first, rather than just being with them out of fear that you may not find someone else.  Sure, you can think that way, but you might end up missing out dating someone that you might truly belong with...

I am trying to do that but even now as I and my "person" have decided that we don't want to be together, I haven't found anyone though I'm open and ready

I don't know when or how

but I'm not going to be alone for a long time

that would be unimagineable...

1. profile image0

well schoolgirl, you have to be happy with yourself before you jump into an immediate relationship; otherwise you'll be codependent on the other person which could be bad if that person is manipulative and/or abusive.  However, for what it's worth, I'm sure you'll meet a great guy out there.  One, that I'm sure will appreciate you, as you have a lot more to offer a guy than you might think.  Heck, just ask anyone that knows you well on hubpages, as most of the people that I've seen on here, had nothing but good things to say about you.  smile

You're 100% correct....and I appreciate very much what you are trying to say or said really.  [Honestly} I know I am really good but growing up w/ a father like mine puts ?doubt?or difficulty in my way.

I think I will find someone "worthy" soon thou

Just not a year to two (yikes!)

Do you think I have to give up all contact with "him" in order to do that?

1. profile image0

its really up to you to decide that, as I don't know a lot about what's going on with you and your ex; outside of what you said in forums.  Therefore, it's hard to say.  However, if he's still verbally abusive to you, then I think it might be best if you did lose contact with him for a while, as he'll only try to destroy and shatter your self confidence to make himself feel better. 

I doubt seriously, it'll take you that long to find another boyfriend, as there's plenty of other suitors out there.  You probably haven't met the guy you want yet, or you might have, and you just haven't realized it's him yet.  Or, he's probably too much of a dumba** to wake up and realize you and him are meant for each other yet. wink  However, if I were you, I'd probably go out more to meet new people.  Heck, I know you said your very religious, then why don't you do some volunteer work for the church.  It's a great way to earn a tax break, while helping others, and you'll meet other people that you might have similar interests with.  Anyways, I hope this helps, but you should never allow what others say about you run your life okay.

Trust me, I lived most of my life like that, and I'm barely starting to learn to say "Screw you" to the people that want to control me and bring me down with them. lol  sorry, im in a bit of a rebellious mood tonight.  wink  lol However, you get what I mean.  The point is, you shouldn't care too much about what others think about you okay, as you truly do have to offer a person.  Heck, I'm sure the lucky guy that you do end up with will be very lucky to be with you.  In fact, I'm damn near sure of it. smile

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I would go out on a limb and dare to say for many women it is much more about the play [chase] and hunt than the sex smile

That's highly possible too Kimberly. lol

Btw- thank you for the new picture. smile lol lol lol

3. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 13 years ago

I agree with Kimberly! smile

And, I'm not a bit surprised Niki. tongue smile Hope your well. smile

1. nikipa profile image63
        nikipaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Gags! I am ok, thanks! Hope you are ok as well... Great topic here big_smile

I'm glad to hear you're doing well Niki and as for the topic? Well, that still remains to be seen. lol lol lol

1. nikipa profile image63
            nikipaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever it is I like your position...  :p

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I sorta miss my ex, he was gorgeous and we had the best sex

Had the best sex? And, what exactly are you comparing it to? hmm

all the other men duh!

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

hey do you like my new profile pic? cute huh! lol i love kitties!!

Try playing that sort kittie and you are not likely to live much past the attempt. lol

Does that mean you want me to change it? lol

Not at all. Just think about the real thing and how long you would last if you attempted to play with it? That's all. lol

wow. tricky words. impressed lol

I mean, if you really want to get into it....what "kittie" are we talking about? lol lol If you played with the other "kittie", as in my most entertaining thought presently running through my mind, then most men wouldn't be able to perform up to standard that oneself would be able to provide. wink

Ahh so you mean I couldn't excite the "kittie" ? lol
                    wait.. maybe I got that twisted..hmm

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

aww you called me kittie smile
            I had to change my profile pic and it was one of my selections tongue
            what do you say? you don't want to play? hmm

say the word and I'll change it on accord

5. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Falliing in love is wonderful. Making sure that you are aware of your own safety is paramount as you get to know someone. Ive learnt from experience, it doesnt matter how long youve known them, if your invited for coffee for a first date, have coffee in a public place. Dont be led anywhere you dont want to go. Mobile phones and girlfriends are wonderful things. YOu can always call one to get you out of trouble. A good self defence course doesnt hurt either.

Just be aware of the tricks. Even if you know someone stay in a public place until you know you will be safe. IT IS YOUR SAFETY THATS IMPORTANT FIRST!!!

Hi salt
      nicely put
      hey is "salt" afte the movie? Loved that movie, she was like a female bond! smile

6. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Isn't this thread about sex appeal, a physical element, attractive to you?  How does love and relationships come to play

confused hmm:

um,
      well,
      it is about sex appeal
      but sometimes sex appeal is one of the factors in a relationship where love and relationships play, and some of us need to sort out what's important and what's not, you know what I mean?
      So, it's a combo really as I think I stated in the OP statement.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)