a trick of the devil

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Troy C. profile image60
    Troy C.posted 13 years ago

As Christians we must ask ourselves, why would atheist and agnostics post a thread in a Christian forum. There are a couple of obvious reasons. Number one is that they are serving satan and they are trying to disrupt the harmony among the Christians here by distracting them from their real purpose, which is serving God and fullfiling the great commission. Number two is that they are in it for the money and they know every lost soul will rally behind them. Either way they are starting threads and we are supporting them. "get behind me satan"

Troy C.

1. Druid Dude profile image58
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Say, welcome mister snake. I just bought a pet Hawk. I shall defend thy honor unto death....if it's OK with my wife. OK?

1. Anesidora profile image61
        Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can an atheist make money posting in religious forums?

I would really like to know. Original accusation, actually, and one I truly wish I could be guilty of.

1. Nick Malizia profile image60
          Nick Maliziaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good satire hub "Get Quick Rich by Criticizing Theism in a Forum"

lol! I'm too tired myself.

2. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More hate-filled garbage? Yes or No?

And you call yourself Christian? lol lol lol
        The obvious nature of the reasons actually escape you, to be honest.
        Oh please...go gain some knowledge before you start spreading conjecture of some "god", supposedly watching over the human race. It's absurd to think that any "god" would be stupid enough to create a species, just to watch out over it. Common sense goes a long way. As for "Satan", another mythical figure. You need to get out more dude.
        This statement shows no knowledge of life. Much less anything else.
        roll

I told them not to summon you Oh Dark Lord Cagisil. Posess them with demons and make them dance St. Vitus Dance on the pearly rim of the moon.

3. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah...you can prove this how exactly?  plus, i don't really get how atheists can make money more than anyone else here in a religious forum, as that really doesn't make any sense.

4. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You post like that and then wonder why you get bites.  How are you going doing your part in the great commission?  Must be awful for you to talk to these people that "serve satan". 

In it for the money - I wish!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Religion and Philosophy forum is not just Christian... Anyone can start a thread on a public forum whether it agrees with you or not...

6. pennyofheaven profile image80
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious to some. Its not that easy to cause disharmony or detract someone from their purpose when one dwells in the presence of God. Perhaps the less obvious may mean one needs to be looking within to see just where we are actually dwelling. Is is with love or other?

7. peterxdunn profile image61
        peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This isn't a christian forum - it's an open forum - christians don't own it: as much as they'd like to.

As for satan - well - your lot invented him; you can torment yourselves as much as you like imagining that he 's lying in wait around the next corner.

The rest of us will just get on with it.

1. melpor profile image90
          melporposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with peterxdunn. These are all beings that fall in the same category as elves, angels, unicorns, vampires, ghosts, etc. These are just mythical beings made up from people's imaginations centuries ago because they simply could not explain or understand the world around them.

8. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just curious Troy, why is you hate people who don't share your beliefs? smile

1. CMHypno profile image82
          CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought that christians were supposed to love everyone, even those of us that they have designated as Satan servers.

This thread is one of the best laughs that I have had in a long time - but then I really can't get my head around the idea that some people really believe that massed legions of humanity are in league with the devil and are doing everything they can to tempt the poor little christians into the dark side!

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years ago

A recent forum question was asked to the effect as to "Why atheists dislike christians".  You have certainly answered the question effectively.

Christians like atheists. Keeps 'em busy. Idle hands, you know.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Certainly has!

3. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

I just came across this article about the devil, and I tell ya it is FANTASTIC!   It is a must read.  Especially if you are Christian.  It is so right on.  It is real, factual, and informative.  Something many of us Christians should try learning from.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Evolution-of-Satan-Part-1

1. peterxdunn profile image61
        peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you try defining evil - instead of trying to personify it with a comic book, characterization?

Once you understand the true nature of evil: the persecution of the weak and the innocent, the dispossesion of the poor and  the denial of human rights, then you will be part way to understanding just who is evil in this world and what drives them.

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've thought about what makes people do evil things and have come to the conclusion that behind every atrocity in history lies a sense of entitlement and the belief that the end justifies the means.

You're right about the personification thing - the stuff about Satan reminds me of fairy stories that you read as a young child, where there's always a "baddie" to be overcome.  Or for the more adult version, there are fantasy books like The Lord of the Rings.

4. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Oh btw Troy C. - it would also be nice if you actually learned Online Etiquette .

Since you appear to have a connection with a 'god', then you might want to ask it/he/she for assistance on what exactly I am talking about.

I'm willing to bet you don't get an answer. hmm

Bet he does.

1. Nick Malizia profile image60
          Nick Maliziaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

5. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Satan laughs every time a Christian defends God online.  He laughs with every moment spent by Christians online responding to the baited remarks of atheists.  Every second that Christians type answers to atheist arguments is a second those Christians are not out in the real world doing real good. Real deeds.

Satan laughs at God's cyber-warriors, watching them do just what he wants them to: nothing that matters.  Every word you type, every word you speak in argument or defense of God is a syllable in song of Satan's laughter.

You have to BE good to win people over to God.  If you have to talk about Him, defend Him, it's because you haven't DONE enough of His work yet.

1. Troy C. profile image60
        Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is but another battlefield and evii cannot  be allowed to run rampant. And I'm sure satan does not laugh when the word of God is revealed to those who have not heard it.

James 4:8 Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and make your hearts pure, you double minded

"Let him who has ears hear."

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the sweet irony. big_smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
            Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.  I lol'ed.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right on! *whistles and cat calls*
        This is possibly the best post I have read in ages!

6. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Probably an award winning religious thread.

I like to see all the megalomania self righteous piety arrogance and insanity of religion on display for all to judge for themselves. Be proud all you fanatics, this is the cream of the crop. lol

What a disgusting puerile pile of abusive garbage!

7. melpor profile image90
      melporposted 13 years ago

Troy C., stop making up these unusual explanations for why people do things without being rational about it. In this world you must be rational also. I am a rational person. If people are atheist, not only do they not believe in God, they do not believe in anything pretaining to that belief including believing in Satan. You can not belief in one without believing in the other.

8. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

peterxdunn  wrote ...
        Why don't you try defining evil - instead of trying to personify it with a comic book, characterization?
      - - - - - -

ME ....
          I think that the hub says something similar to your statement.
          You might read it before you argue against it?

9. profile image51
      taylorpostposted 13 years ago

this is a bad presence....................

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)