Can you name the christian based on these quotes?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

"With out a google search, how many of you can identify the christian leader responsible for the following list of quotes?

Please explain how the ideals contained in these quotes, don't apply to the tea party and modern day christianity.

Warning...I finished my 3rd brandy before I finished this post.

I would say my bad but I kind of think this is some of my good."

Exhibit A:

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

"Every true christian feels this way. Problem is every version of christian feels that they are a true christian, Ya'll need a better labeling system."

BACK TO QUOTES

It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.

I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.

I go the way that Providence dictates with the assurance of a sleepwalker.

"semi related question...is this the same providence they refer to when trying to convince the uneducated masses that America was founded as a Christian nation?

If so, it's kind of hard to convince a thinking person that histories most efficent mass murderer was argueably, nothing more than the most inhuman christian,  batshit crazy, leader the world has had to kill so far?

Back to the quotes that are starting to show a consistant theme. That would be that a huge portion of this leader's documented statements are christian in basis and verbatim in a lot of cases, IMHO. This warrior for the christian god, with the same source of justification that the tea party uses to condemn the homosexual community, ie, god and his words found in the bible, amen. Of course you could always use the worn out excuse that this self proclaimed christian wasn't as true christian."

It is not truth that matters, but victory. "As an atheist, I have to say, amen. For those about to say that I am being sarcastic with this statement I offer this...I am not being sarcastic, I am being disrespectful. Do you need a dictionary?"

Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction.

"Spoken as a true christian conservative, Another sarcastic amen is warranted here. A   M   E   N   !"

All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people. Can you say tea party?

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. "eVERY CHRISTIAN KNOWS IN THEIR HEART, OR AT LEAST PRETENDS TO BE CONVINCED THAT, THEY AND THEIR FELLOW BELIEVERS ARE IN FACT, THE ONLY CAPABLE JUDGES OF WHAT TRUTH AND JUSTICE IS. That their decision making processes don't make sense is of little concern here. For example, most true christians dont believe that mormanism is a true christian faith however, Most true christians believe every word Glenn Beck utters simply because, he claims to be a christian. I am beginning to understand why NASCAR started in the bible belt. These people have existed on circular logic for so long, it makes sense that they would reward the one that can go in circles the fastest." 

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise. (Kind of like how they convinced free heath care and quality education are two things that will destroy this country and the sheep who live here)

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

The art of leadership... consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention. (Can you say 9/11?)

Who says I am not under the special protection of God? "I was under the impression all true christians are under that special protection."

Ok I'll stop before this becomes repetitive in nature, hehe.

Give up, Can't figure out the christian? It's brother hitler. You know the guy George Bush's grand-daddy's bank supported. War profiteering is an old family tradition for the Bush's

Cheney didn't do to bad either what with the 20+billion in cost plus contracts he got for his bosses at Halliburton. No problem spending money and piling on the national debt when it's good ole repubs reaping the rewards now is there?

Does anyone else think it's strange that a large number of terrorists, in a variety of countries, we are fighting today are in fact, the very people George senior and company put in power and supported. Talk about creating the enemy that has allowed them to shove this facist government down the non-functioning brain stems of America's finest?

In Closing please ponder this example of todays intelligence levels,

The professor asked an ASU freshman, if she knew what Roe v. Wade was about.

She pondered the question, then finally said, "That was the decision George Washington had to make before he crossed the Delaware."

This would make sense to, and would be spread by, approx. 39% of fox viewers if Bill O'lielly staed it on the air. You knoe Rush Bumball would run with it. It sounds as good as an onion news flash doesn't it?

!!! I'M AN atheist AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE!!!

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awww well that wasn't a cool game.

You answered the question yourself! So Hitler was a Christian? Yet he wanted to eliminate the Jews? Weren't they Christian?

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
        Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have that information and I suggest you ask a jew for jesus. You probably won't get an answer based in reality but I think it would be fun to debate one of them.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh Jews aren't christian. Christians are people who believe in Jesus. Which the Jews have strongly stated as a whole they do not....

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
          pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok Thanks for clearing that up for me!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

No. cant give any anwwers to your quiz sorry, but I could name the Hubber who used enough words to make a Hub smile

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Jews are not Christians - they do not believe that Christ was born.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that all Jews?

There are many  people who identify as Jewish Christians-just saying smile

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only a relatively small sect of Jews believe in Christ - Messianic Jews.

Judeo-Christian beliefs share the Old Testament of the Bible. That might be what's confusing you.

Okie dokie-gotcha smile

1. fits3x100 profile image58
            fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey EK ! Howdy there Stump! Stump man...your being tough dude. The very argument against public education is the answer to the question regarding Roe vs. Wade. That child was educated by America's most technologically advanced system yet! All of my kids have been educated within the public system until the last one. The first 3 are awesome and bright, including the 2nd born who has Down Syndrome. He has an iq of about 55. Not exactly an intellectual, but man is he clever!
            My last child turned 15 this week. He was publicly educated until middle school. Then three years at a private Christian academy. This year he began a home schooling program. You would never believe he wasn't in his 30's or 40's if you ever sat down and had a serious discussion with him. Economics,(read Adam Smith's Wealth of the Nations @ 12) Science( has read so many bio's it's nuts, builds his own gun powder, traps and tans his own fur, and is spearheading a steam/kinetic air generator project here at home) History(can name individual unit commanders throughout the American Civil War, describe in chilling clarity Bonaparte's  many campaigns, understands the Empires more thoroughly than I ever will, and answered your question before the third quote.)
            He in fact asked my wife as we discussed your post this evening who qualified as a better leader. A man who was known to smoke and drink and have many mistresses, A man who was known to smoke drink and cheat on his wife, or a man who did not drink did not smoke and had only one woman in his life whom he married? She of course chose the latter.(Hitler) and the lad informed her that she eliminated Churchill and Roosevelt with her choice.
            But Stump my friend... I am so far from perfect, I need to be forgiven...so I'm still a Christian...trying desperately to avoid embarrassing my Lord! hehehe...
            Oh yeah... Ekiwi...one of Christianity's reasons for being hated by so many other mono-theists is because we claim one God, yet have 3 persons...very hard for  either a Jew or Muslim to take... and almost impossible to describe effectively to anyone let alone someone in an antagonistic state of being!
            Very excited to spend a minute or 2 with ya'all...

10 minutes in your household fits, would be so refreshing ,vibrant and my brain would indeed feel enriched !   smile

I wrote that because I just spent  3 hours in two different shopping malls ,and ya wanna know something ,the highlight of my day was talkin to this part time ( his words) homeless guy on the sidewalk,who was trying to sell 'hot' CD's and would I help him keep an eye out for the P guys  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)