way off topic - but please read

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (41 posts)
  1. lindajot profile image66
    lindajotposted 13 years ago

If any of you here are praying folks ... my 27 year old son has been missing for 6 days - please - whatever your beliefs, please put out a prayer for his safety.

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lindajot I will be  praying  for you son's saftey , safe return and for your peace of mind... be brave hold on and believe. Remain positive with praise. God bless

2. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Linda,

My prayers are with you and your son! I hope you will be all together soon. *hug* It must be hard to be away from family members during holidays.

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my God!
      I can understand your worry.

Praying!
      God please bring him home safe and sound.

4. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am praying like crazy... did not have time to read all the thread, so maybe he is home now. You are in my thoughts and prayers, big time.

5. yolanda yvette profile image61
      yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely

2. lindajot profile image66

Thank you so much sofs - It's so hard not to panic, but, human nature I guess.  He's been laid off - depressed cause he's used to working hard - separated - on and on, like so many people being stressed right now.  Police say nothing out of place at home, but his vehicles haven't moved.  Thank you again, I appreciate you.

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Linda, BIG HUGS, and hope your son comes home soon. He is maybe away somewhere quiet having a good think about his life and what he can do to turn it around.
    Keep that thought in your head!

4. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 13 years ago

Will do...I hope he comes home soon.

5. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

Prayers going out your way. I'm so sorry, this must be so tough on you. I can't imagine.

6. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

Sorry to hear about your son. My thoughts are with you, and I hope that you will have good news soon.

7. lindajot profile image66

You all are wonderful - this is a great place to hang out for distraction, with phone in my lap.
    He may be 6'3", but this momma isn't happy and will let him know it!

8. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

You will let us know when he comes home safe? We're all worried with you, you know.

9. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Adding my prayers and concern and love.

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

do you talk often? is this out of the ordinary for him to take off?  his friends? have any of them seen him or heard from him?

I can only imagine how you must feel. I will keep him in my thoughts, and you as well. I'm hoping you can hear from him soon!

does he have a facebook or myspace page?

11. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Linda, my thoughts and sympathies are with you.  It need not be bad, though - my own 20 something son did it to us several years ago.  Simply left town with some friends and went to a nearby resort town for a few days.

The panic and fear is huge and I totally understand.  Hopefully your son is merely as thoughtless as my own.  Twenty seven or not, a spanking is in order when he comes back!

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Done, Linda!

13. Docmo profile image93
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

Linda, can't even begin to comprehend how hard it must be for you. Take care, Keep calm ( easier said than done) and all my prayers towards his safe return. Big hugs! Hope you get good news soon.

14. lindajot profile image66

I knew I had a home here - you all don't know how you're helping me cope.  We wouldn't be too worried with three, or even four days for a grown man to have the right to do what he wants, but it's been too long for even him. 
    He lives about three hours away, and we talk about every other week.  I've had an episode with my eyes and am being tested for MS, so I can't drive, or I'd be up there driving the roads.  I go between panic and thinking I'll write back on here tomorrow that he went hunting and had a good couple days of beer and fishing and feel stupid for posting this.
    He is a quiet, old soul type and he is handsome and sweet and so sad right now. . . okay, I'll stop.
    Thank you all!!!

15. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

You're in my thoughts, Lindajot.  I'm sure he'll turn up soon.  Stay positive.

16. lindajot profile image66

Hi Rebekah - No facebook or myspace - he doesn't even wear a watch.  His wife who he's separated from may file a missing person's report tonight.  My other older son is worried, but not panicked yet.  He reminds me that Jed's kind of a loner and doesn't even call him for a week or two at a time.  I'm just letting my imagination get away with me.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the missing person's report sounds like a wise idea. He is probably fine and took off to try to figure out life or maybe get away from it for a while. but I would worry also, it's just what mom's do, no matter their age.
      It's sad what so many people, regardless of age, are going through right now. Maybe just try to be real quiet and picture him safe. Our minds can go crazy when we're worried.

Thanks for sharing his name. you have plenty of people thinking about him. try to get some rest. keep us informed.

2. Brie Hoffman profile image58
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll definitely be praying for you (in fact already have).  I have a 27 year old son who lives 3000 miles away and boy I would be at my wits end if I hadn't heard from him in 6 days.

17. lindajot profile image66

It's not even that we haven't talked to him in six days, that's not as abnormal as that no one has seen him or that his vehicles haven't moved.
    Oscar, my other son had a great thought - Jed works occasionally on the deep sea fishing boats off the Northern coast of Oregon, and maybe he picked up a job with one.  That may be why he hasn't answered voice messages - no reception out there.  Still weird not to tell us though.
    Thanks again and again for listening - I so appreciate you all!
    I wish you all a good night.

18. lindajot profile image66

I thought I'd give a quick update,since you all have been so thoughtful.  I woke to a voicemail (not sure how I missed it since I've been sleeping with the darn phone- aghhh).  Jed said he's so sorry he worried everyone and he is fine.  I won't go into all his personal details, but, he's going to be okay. 
    I sent out a simple request for prayer, and was beyond blessed with the sweet response from this family!
    8 days!  Jed is in for a whole lot of backlash from friends and family smile

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Praise God!!  Linda,  I  am so happy for you.  smile  Thanks for letting us know! smile

19. rebekahELLE profile image85

good news! thanks for letting us know.

20. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Wonderful to hear!  I'm so glad it worked out in the end.  Don't forget that good spanking when you see him next smile

Thanks for letting us know.

21. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

What a relief. I really didn't know what to say when I read this when you originally posted. Made me sick.

The only detail that needs to be said is that he is okay!

I am happy it turned out alright!

Does he realize not only were his friends and family worried, but people on the internet were as well! Tell him never again!

22. lindajot profile image66

I'm kind of afraid for him when his grandma gets a hold of him smile  He was somewhat speechless when I told him about how many were looking for him, and the response I got here online.  Appears it's made him think how much he is cared about - we all need that sometimes.  Not sure if I cried more while he was gone, or this morning since I've talked to him!

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

delighted to hear the wonderful news.......

23. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

What a relief for us all!  So very glad to get the confirmation that he's ok!  Yes, Jed had us ALL worried!  You'll have to give him a big hug when you see him next followed by a whack for scaring everyone.  smile

24. jantamaya profile image61
    jantamayaposted 13 years ago

Hi Linda, I’m happy that your son is back again. I’m sending both of you much love.
    Your post reminded me to call my mom! Haven’t done it in the last two weeks and feel now guilty. I’m a bad daughter, haven’t any contact to her for six years from 2004 to Apr.2010 and I’m the only child… From my point of view, it was OK, but on the other hand, it was selfish too. As you see, there are worse offspring than Jed. Stay happy together!

25. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Thanks God. I am just so happy that he is back to your lap. smile

26. vicki simms profile image67
    vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

I sent out a prayer for you when I read the beginning of this forum a few minutes ago as I cant imagine what you were going through and I have just finished and read to the bottom and found that he has contacted you smile i'm so pleased he has returned safe and well x

27. lindajot profile image66

After managing to spank the big guy, I am going to sit him down and have him read all your amazing notes of support.  I hope I can be there for any of you when you need an ear.

28. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

Give him an extra whack from me, lindajot!  I don't know what I'd do if my boy went missing.  It sounds like he's going through an awful lot and he's lucky and blessed to have a mother like you!

29. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Next time you see him give him a hug and cry on his shoulder so he knows what you have gone through while waiting to hear from him. I think they do n't always realise that they are still your little boy even at six foot plus. Pleased you had the good news.

30. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

We all rejoice together!!

31. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

So glad to hear that your son has surfaced safe and sound. At least until Gran gets her hands on him!

32. rebekahELLE profile image85

beautiful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)