Boy that Devil sure is a sneaky one ain't he?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

Another preacher pulls a Flip Wilson and claims the devil made him do it. I don't know how any Christian can think they stand a chance against the devil. If top TV Evangelists can't resist his influence, how can the average christian?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2 … 1_ST_N.htm

I mean seriously folks, this guy can turn devote anti-gay preachers in to raging homosexuals. He talks the best christians into bouts of utter stupidity on a regular basis. This is the one redeeming feature about christianity, no matter what you do, if you claim loud enough that it was the work of the devil, and you can manage to speak in tongues for a couple of minutes, you're not only forgiven by the masses, they will feel sorry for you and offer comfort. You can rape underage boys, offer up a heartfelt "The devil made me do it" and an  I'm sorry god, and half the country will not only buy it, they'll send another check to you.

Gee, if you could learn to use this you could make a fortune preaching against what you enjoy the most. If you get caught, just whip out you Geraldine impression, and grandma's living on dog food send in more money than usual. And this is done in God's name, Amen.

!!!Happy Holiday's everyone!!!

Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, come, all ye brainless, stupid and content to be,
      Oh come ye, oh, come ye to Charleston;

Born the king of morons:
      Oh, come, let us adore him,
      Forrest the Gump.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4281166_f248.jpg

Isn't this a more appropriate song for the holidays considering the declining desire for education in this country?

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know who your god will ask you to abuse in his name.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4281169_f248.jpg

Extra points if you can point out the relevence of the pictures and highway 17.

Yes I have been drinking. Actually started in 1973, lol. Surely someone wants to argue, LOL.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought the article said Kendall was a Christian Counsellor not an evanglist. He is the one that claimed the devil made Lamb do it. Lamb denied it was the devil and took responsibility for his own actions. He did however say that the devil played a role in the extortionists attempt to discredit them.

Who guy are you talking about that can turn anti-gays into homosexuals? The Devil?

Title of the first article was...TV evangelist: I'm being extorted over affair.

The standard reply and defense of a christian caught in with their hand in the cookie jar is as Geraldine used to holler, The Devil Made me Do It.

Look at Ted Haggert. has there ever been a more anti homosexual, homosexual than sweet little Teddy? His defense, the devil had control of him. Bullcocky, he was doin what he was born to do and making millions tell you people it was wrong.

You believe that kind of crap regularly because you have been taught from day one to believe it. Millions of Americans accept this arguement every time a preacher is caught doin what they know they aught not be doin and more times than not, what they preach against most often. How many lies does it take for the average person to determine that the organization is lying about everything? If you are a christian, there is no limit is there?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Have no idea who those people you mention are? So are you saying that given the select few that you have mentioned they represent the whole of Christianity?

Just because they are Christian that does not make them perfect and exempt from the temptations all men are subject to. They are humans with beliefs is all. No one is perfect. Who they chose to blame it on is an entirely personal thing based on their own personal beliefs. Kendall said one thing, lamb said another. Two differing opinions, both Christians. 

I would say these Christians represent only those the media choose to focus on. It's kinda sad that the media only sells news when it is negative. Media that focuses on the positive things is less likely to be as successful as negative media because that seems to be how the general public are. Negatively geared.

Come on penny, you can google a name right?

"So are you saying that given the select few that you have mentioned they represent the whole of Christianity?" Show me one christian that doesn't believe their beliefs prove that they are one of the only true christians. Yes every christian is an example of all of christianity. Every christian knows in their heart that their particular take on the bible is the only true vresion. Every belief they have is the only possible answer to every problem that arises.

"Just because they are Christian that does not make them perfect and exempt from the temptations all men are subject to." No it doesn't. it does however provide them with the claim that it was the devil that influence and  controlled the situation. This is good enough for anyone who buys into the whole devil scenario.

"I would say these Christians represent only those the media choose to focus on. It's kinda sad that the media only sells news when it is negative."

The problem is that the main stream churches don't offer up a condemnation of the radical churches like the Westboro bunch of inbred pieces of crap. Why is this a problem? These churches don't speak out about these christian acts because the agree that homosexuals are less than human. By not speaking out about your brother's and sister's acts of hatred and persecution, you endorse it.

"Media that focuses on the positive things is less likely to be as successful as negative media because that seems to be how the general public are. Negatively geared." I agree that the media controls public opinion. Do you think it makes a difference that most of Conservative America gets it's news fromj a source that fought for and won the right to lie to it's viewers? Does this show a lot of interest in the truth in this country? Or, does it show a desire to hear what you want to hear before casting a vote?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Yes, I can google but I rarely take the time to read negative news. Personally I prefer to meet real people in the flesh and listen to what they have to say. Observe how they live and the values and morals they live by.

I can introduce you to many Christians who are unlike how you are describing them. Perhaps that is because our country tends to not focus on Christianity and the bad examples that exist. Or perhaps they understand that a select few do not represent the majority. I don't know? We just don't hear a lot about Christianity in our media.

Most Christians here understand that each will perceive their own truth for sure, yet they do not try to enforce their belief on others. There is a respectful allowing if you will. Of course there are a select few who won't give up trying.

Who one chooses to blame is personal. A Christian might blame the devil. A disgruntled employee might blame the employer. An employer might blame the government for its ills.

If someones sister murdered a person. Would they be responsible for the murder or the sister? Would they need to stand up and condemn her publicly for what she has done? For what reason would they need to do that? Everyone knows that one family member does not represent the entire family. Why is it any different when it comes to Christianity? 

Your example of when media is useful is not what I am pointing to. It is the inclination to focus on the negative that is sometimes not useful to the public except to accentuate what is negative and bad in the world. People with no discernment will mistakenly believe that the "whole" world is like that. When it is probably about 10%... perhaps less.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

You are on a roll tonight, Stump!
    I haven't thought of Flip Wilson in ... IDK, 35 years?
    Thanks for the memory!
    Love your holiday ditty, too.

As I was reading your treatise on preachers and the devil, my mind immediately jumped to politicians. But they don't have the handy dandy devil excuse. They just blame each other (the liberals made me do it/the teatards made me do it, etc.) lol

And it works just as well. God bless America. lmao

2. Stump Parrish profile image60

Yes Mam, thank you for noticing the roll, lol. I am in a great mood and hope it rubs off on at least one miserable, know it all. Got a killer dinner prepped for sat. Herb crusted prime rib, baked potato bar, Salad bar and veg station. 1 1/2 hours actual work and I feed 22. Sister took care of desserts and I mean white chocolate and raspberry cheese cake, 3 pies, 2 cakes, and brownies. I fully intend on beingtotally  miserable tommorrow night. I can only hope everyone is as miserable as I am, lol. Thats my xmas wish for America, I hope the whole country is as miserable as I am this holiday season.

3. Stump Parrish profile image60

MM, I am in a great mood tonight and don't mind sharin the joy. Happy Holidays to you and yours . Peace my friend!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)