can anybody define it better?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jomineposted 13 years ago

Christianity-The belief that a walking dead Jewish deity who was his own father although he always existed, commits suicide by cop, although he didn't really die, in order to give himself permission not to send you to an eternal place of torture that he created for you, but instead to make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically promise him you accept him as your master, so he can cleanse you of an evil force that is present in mankind because a rib-woman and a mud-man were convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying this is not a rational religion?

2. profile image52
      ddlg1958posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pity you. It fascinates me how fanatically people attack Christianity. What's your beef? Did you get cornbread and switches from santa? Did you ask God for the lottery numbers and He was unmercifully silent? The problem with such an insulting question is it shows you want desperately to believe in something.An online post is not the way to get help. Find a church.

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
        Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4407204_f248.jpg

I pity you. It fasinates me how fanatically christians attack homosexuality. Did they get groped and fondled as a kid? Did they ask god to send them a beautiful woman and all they got was a cute guy?The problem with such insulting behavior towards homosexuals by christians is it shows that most desperately want to be gay. An online ad isn't the best way to find happiness, find a gay bar and be yourself for once.

That was intended to be of humorour interest to those who find it funny. Any resulting shootings that occur because of it is not my responsibility. Fox News is hereby granted permission to quote me.

I am not sure how the OP was an insult to christians. How is it that anyone who questions faith, theirs or another's, is attacking christians. Questioning is not attacking, it's questioning. I don't suppose that your all seeing, all knowing, personal spaghetti monster is supprised when his plan comes to fruitation, right. If he has a plan for everyone, it was obviously in his plan for my last sarcastic remark to appear. If all atheists and those with questions suddenly stop asking those questions, don't you think you personal version of  the CEO of the  ACME Company (see roadrunner cartoons from back when god was still in school at least here in USA, they have something for every situation that's quaranteed not to work) is goin to be a little pissed that we didn't follow her script.? It is only by responding to out bursts like this that you are able to reafirm in your mind how superior you are to most who still retain the ability to think for themselves. I am often amazed at the number of people who after giving up their right to independent thought are suprised that not all are interested in the holier than thou christian lifestyle you so desperately cling to. Oh and by the way, this was not a personal attack on any one person. I'm just in a great mood and wanted to take it out on someone, thanks for making it easy to choose my victim with out the use of a graphically presented target pasted over your likeness.. Peace everyone, hope everyone has an average day. I've strung to many good days together and need to return to mediocrity for a little while.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are wrong.  A little respect for religious beliefs shouldn't be a difficult thing to expect. Or are these types of posts just a marketing tool to try to get people to go to their hub pages to see what motivates it?  I'm beginning to see how this site works.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
            Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just_curious

Welcome to the Forum, travel light

3. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BLASPHEMY!!! lol lol lol

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jomine;
      Put a notch on your pistol grip!
      You just took aim at 'truth" and hit it dead center!
      Great shot!
      Qwark smile:

5. manlypoetryman profile image79
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Feel Better After That Rant...?  Why go to so much lengths to establish an opposite side to something?

6. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What if the religion that the Roman Expire built is fulfillment of these prophesy?

This point of view only points to the fact that the perceptions of mankind are terribly flawed.

One clear rendition can easily be hidden behind a multitude of misconceptions never to be seen again.
         Until the brush is cleared and burned we will never obtain 20-20 vision.

7. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are just mythical concepts; Jesus was not god or son of god or anything like that.

1. libby101a profile image61
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you say...and you listen to a madman who "said" he saw an angel in a cave...who laid in fear afterwards...and foamed at the mouth after each so called visit from an angel! Yeah we would listen to that one!

The mythical part to me is Muhammad's so called visit from an angel. I believe his visit was demonic! No angel ever left the person they visit in fear...they put them at ease...yet Muhammad was scared to death! And I remember reading in the Qu'ran or maybe it was another book of Muslim...not sure...but it stated that once there was some storm or something and Muhammad hid thinking it was God coming to judge the world! Doesn't sound like a man who was rest assured of God's idea of him! Possibly a man being deceptive and feared the judgement of a just God!!

1. profile image50
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you can't provide the reference; no need to argue about it.

2. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

One other point about all that, if one doesn't like it or don't believe in it then Don't, just keep doing whatever it is you're doing.

3. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I'm saying people are irational and have plenty of history to prove it.  They steal, they lie, the cheat, they torture, they're greedy and they have the nerve to stand before God as if they are more then what they really are.

4. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Once upon a time (?) there was nothing. Then BANG, there was lots and lots of something. It was extremely hot and toxic. Then, billions and billions of years (?) passed, and it all got cooler. There appeared a little speck of dust, where water was found. Lo and behold, tiny bugs appeared in that water. These little bugs turned into every form of life that we all know, and many we don't. Billions of years later, things called humans developed technology, even to fly to their own moon, an even tinier speck. All of this was quite by chance of course.
    Then billions of years later, it all just cooled off, burned itself out. There was a great big CRUNCH, as it all caved in on itself. It was back to NOTHINGNESS once more!

That's your bedtime story. Now off to bed "Johhny".

Johnny asks, " so what was the purpose to it all?" hmm

1. Jerami profile image58

And Daddy said,... "The only purpose for why it Wazzz; is so it could BE!

And the Lord said, "this is good"

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Funny we can find all kinds of evidence of dinosaurs and have an idea that 95% of the species’ have gone extinct and only 5% remain on earth today; we have an immortal jelly fish from 650 million years ago as living evidence in the here and now. Why can’t we find a shred of evidence to support the world begin 6014 years ago or about a rib-woman and a mud-man? Or how do we know for sure, Jesus was the walking dead was anyone today, there, did he step on a blow fish?. Why must most people go to hell, an eternal place of torture? A talking snake in the tree of knowledge, some where in the paradise garden, no map included..

Owpps, how condescending of me, awe what the hell, the world will end in a few years anyways, right! I mean righteous

Why can’t we find a shred of evidence to support the world begin 6014 years ago

= = = = = =
        We can'y find it cause it didn't happen like that.

That ain't what scripture says about that.

What you are talking about is only a written chronology of  ONE  family tree.
          With a little bit of a Autobiography mixed in.

Scripture doesn't say that there are no other autobiographys older than this one!

So science and scripture can live happily ever after..

AMEN
        - - - - -

Castlepaloma  ...added
        "will end in a few years anyways, right!" I mean righteous

Is Blind Faith a Modern Invention?
          Even early Americans -- did not share the blind faith of today's fundamentalists.

Faith" is a fine invention, with some skepticism 

Blind faith the one unpardonable sin. ...A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets. I do not understand how People can believe in something they have absolutely no evidence or proof of – or is it intellectual laziness

I have no reason to doubt the generations of Adam as recorded in the bible.   

I am pretty certain that most anyone living 5000 years ago could have a family tree that quite possibly extends into the NOW.

Therefore I certainly have blind faith that a family tree did in fact exist spanning that timeframe.

I will do a thread on blind faith, and find out more.

That might be intresting.  It would be good if the thing of their blind faith be expressed in it's simplest form as I tried to do above.

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Because Johnny, if I told you an invisible old man in a beard waved his magic hand and everything appeared out of nothing, you would think I'm loony." smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I came up with an alternative, that's at least equal to the op. hmm

He did ask for someone doing "better". hmm

At least I had a go, sited of just "bagging" someone else's attempt. sad

But that's you MO, so I'll not give it much weight. But thanks for reading. big_smile

5. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

A classic case of superficial understanding/wrong or completely one track-interpretation.

I invite all aethiests, nay-sayers, baiters here to read every letter in the website  in biblestudents.com which intreprets the Bible in its right perspective

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

please ask them to interpret quran, gita, veda, book of the sikhs, epic of gilgamesh, egyptian book of the dead.......

6. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

nope

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)