Food Is Not The Only Thing For To Live - JESUS

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

one man in INDIA claims that food is not required for him to live from past 70yrs.[pl check through COOGLE - WITH OUT FOOD AND WATER]

What is the meaning in JESUS remarks at the time of temptation period.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well the man you are talking about has reached that state by high meditative practice which prompted his body to produce alternative ways to get energy...now do you think everyone can do that?...theoretically yes...put practically ...i don't think so...

jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No practical is possible with out theory.Practical is possible If theory is there.

I saw the man . His activities is like young guy.But his body&hair is like old guy.

JESUS told many things to us.But this statement is to DEVIL at the time of fasting period.

All religion people are knowing fasting.
        We are the priceless creation of GOD.

JESUS told  DEVIL[one of the heavenly person] because devil knows very well about the creation of GOD. That is why devil short circuited  the creation by the way of temptation.

I think
        We are struggling  with life with out knowledge.

well you can try and implement it too...i wont mind that...but i dont think for 6.8 billion it is practical alternative...

JESUS knows about the creation. Devil also knows the things.
            That is why JESUS  told  to devil that food is not the only thing for to live.

It is not a match. We have to search knowledge well about the operation of our body. How to operate and handle our body correctly.

Devil is a jealousy person over the creation [i.e all of us].
            Till date we are findings many new &new things in our body.scintists are surprised over our body.
            In this world many things are there we have to see properly and analyse and get good will.

IN BIBLE  -
            GOD asked a person - What you want
            Person asked GOD  -  Knowledge
            GOD told the person - You are asking very very high & good thing.

wont get into discussion over your faith...believe in very powerful thing...

I think so.
                I came to the conclusion
                from JESUS conversation with devil and the current living person.
                Devil satisfied with JESUS answer and jumped to another question.

2. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe that to be true.

1. simeonvisser profile image69
        simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In addition to that, do you think God designs the human body with an entire digestive system and then says.. hey wait, you don't really need it.....

Dear friend

We need all . GOD design the human body very well.My point is that we are not using properly.

If you loss your blood- Automatically blood generating going on with out your permission[True or false]

If you control sex - Automatically your body spite sperm with out your permission[True or false]

If you minimize your food - may your body generate energy from any other source. Who knows.The source may be air,sunlight,odour.. etc

JESUS told that what ever you eat  it will come out. [This is digestive system]

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image60

Dear parr

I believe the fasting period activities of ISLAM. It is true.People are strictly following.
        Every religion speaks about fasting .My question is Why we are not interest to follow daily.Why all religion prefer fasting terms.
        Our body may  deliver miracles if we follow the things. Who knows.

@ paar
          pl

3. pisean282311 profile image62

@paar

what you dont believe ,what jesus said?

We have to control- Food tasting line
                        Seeing line
                        Hearing line
                        Speaking line
                        Thoughts line
                        Sex line
                        Sleeping line
                        working line
    How to control. All are free to use.I think that life is good if we control the things.we can . But we are not interested.Simply blaming going on.

People are not ready to believing if some body control the things.

example-
    Now a days people are asking - Jesus is a guy or not
                                   male or female
                                   homosexual or not..etc.
    we have to find out what is in our body.

3. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Are you talking about Hira Ratan Manek and Sungazing? I have seen him speak live, have even tried sungazing (I am up to 28 minutes but am finding it more difficult to make the time for it around bad weather, short days and those times when the sun is safe to gaze at). Oddly he did not speak for one second about Jesus or any other religion in particular, just that this is his theory for the mystics who can fast for very long periods of time. I can say that my eating was effected by sungazing, I feel full faster so eat less, I also feel fuller when eating fruit (never felt full from eating fruit before). Also my eyesight is and always has been very strong, has not damaged my eye sight in any way. This could be in my head but it feels really good.

4. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

God gives us common sense! And eating is part of using that common sense! Sure, we can go long periods without eating...but eventually you have to eat to sustain life! A necessity of life is food and water! Without those, the energy God gave you transfers to the ground from which you came!

I bet that man you speak of eats! It is probably a big hoax! How do you not know he doesn't sneak and eat when alone? Or has those who he confides in, who serves him food at night or something? People do not know what goes on behind closed doors!

People who don't eat will die! Even Jesus ate food! No human can go without food!

heard about jain community?..they keep fast without food for 28 days..it is very common ...almost all jains do that at least once in life...coming to man this person is talking about even i thought it to be hoax...but military doctors kept him under observation for 15 days...his brain has developed unique capacity to instruct his body which uses alternative means to generate energy...coming to god or religion...well i dont relate this with either...god and religion has nothing to do with that...

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amazing that our brains have the capacity to do this yet very few of us know how to use it like that. It is said we do not use 97% of our brain power. These people seemed to have mastered a bit more of theirs. Imagine the infinite possibilities of the other neural pathways available to man. Bogles the mind.

@libby

pl let me know the meaning of JESUS remarks.

1. libby101a profile image59
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure what you are asking jay_kumar!

I can understand some people could possibly go long periods without food, if the circumstances are feasible...such as staying inactive--which lowers ones metabolism... drinking plenty of water...which would keep the body hydrated--and sleeping quite a bit! Yes...under specific circumstances I can see from a scientific standpoint how people could go long periods without food! However, I think, after so long those people will die if they go beyond the limit of what is acceptable with regards to metabolism and usage of energy...eventually their bodies begin to consume muscles and organs begin to shut down!

I believe faith can take humans beyond what is the "norm" of human endurance! I believe in God...and I believe through the spirit some can fast and go far beyond what is normal! Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights! I believe it is possible even within the human limits...by faith!

OK  I agree and every body.

But i want to know the meaning of the talk between JESUS and DEVIL.

our body created by GOD. Food is not the only thing for to live.Devil accepted the answer with out argument. Apart from food some thing is there. Nobody will die if food is nil.Our life time fixed by GOD not food. Is it true.
          How to get the other source.JESUS told many things to and for us. But this answer is for  to devil who knows very well about the creation of GOD from the beginning.That is why devil put this temptation question to JESUS.
          JESUS told that to be straight and oppose to temptation [DEVIL]. He will disappear.

JESUS told that do not eat if you are not interested to do any work.

5. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

There is a life of the body which is sustained by food....

But True Life is never sustained by another but by itself....

This is real Life of the body and few will realise this.

6. jay_kumar_07 profile image60

Any body else

1. profile image51
      ddlg1958posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where in the scriptures does Jesus say anything to the effect that you shouldn't eat if you aren't interested in work? Or did I misunderstand the intent of your statement?

You are correct . surely in Bible.

1. profile image51
          ddlg1958posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but what passage are you referring to?

Thanks
            I am not a spiritual person. pl tell me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)