Blame Rightie, A Condensed History

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

I agree with President Obama. When it comes to politicizing random violence, he and his supporters have been far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than they do. Recognition is the first step toward reconciliation. It's time to recognize the poisonous pervasiveness of the Blame Righty meme.

For the past two years, Democratic officials, liberal activists and journalists have jumped to libelous conclusions about individual shooting sprees committed by mentally unstable loners with incoherent delusions all over the ideological map. The White House now pledges to swear off pointing fingers or assigning blame. Alas, the Obama administration's political and media foot soldiers have proved themselves incapable of such restraint.

In April 2009, a disgruntled, unemployed loser shot and killed three Pittsburgh police officers in a horrifying bloodbath. The gunman, Richard Poplawski, was a dropout from the Marines who threw a food tray at a drill sergeant and had beaten his girlfriend. Was this deranged shooter who pulled the trigger to blame? Nope. Despite evidence that Poplawski's homicidal, racist tendencies manifested themselves years before Obama took office, lefty publications asserted that the real culprit of the spree was the heated, apocalyptic rhetoric of the anti-Obama forces (according to mainstream liberal Atlantic Monthly pundit Andrew Sullivan), along with Fox News and Glenn Beck (according to mainstream liberal journalist Steve Benen of the Washington Monthly online).

That same month, a sick, evil man named Jiverly Voong ambushed an immigration center in Binghamton, N.Y. Recently fired from his job, Voong murdered 13 people, critically wounded four others and then committed suicide. The instant psychologists of the left knew nothing about the disgruntled man of Vietnamese descent and undetermined political affiliation. But within hours of the shooting, liberal mega-website Huffington Post commenters had overwhelmingly convicted GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, the National Rifle Association, Fox News, Lou Dobbs and yours truly. Liberal radio host Alan Colmes pointed his finger at the huge anti-immigrant backlash in this country never mind that tens of millions of legal immigrants and naturalized citizens have coped with hardship, overcome racism and embraced assimilation without going bloody bonkers.

In June 2009, a depraved, elderly anti-Semite named James von Brunn gunned down a security guard at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. Washington Post blogger Greg Sargent and lefty Center for American Progress think-tank fellow Matthew Yglesias immediately invoked the Obama administration's report on right-wing extremism, leading to a wider chorus of condemnations against the tea party, talk radio and the entire GOP. The truth? Von Brunn was an unstable, equal-opportunity hater and 9/11 Truther conspiracy loon who bashed Jews and Christians, George W. Bush and Fox News, and had also threatened the conservative Weekly Standard magazine.

In late August 2009, as lawmakers faced citizen revolts at health care town halls nationwide, the Colorado Democratic Party decried a window-smashing vandalism attack at its Denver headquarters. State Democratic Party Chair Pat Waak singled out tea party activists and blamed people opposed to health care for the attack. The perpetrator, Maurice Schwenkler, turned out to be a far-left transgender activist/single-payer anarchist who had worked for a labor union-tied political committee and canvassed for a Democratic candidate.

In September 2009, Bill Sparkman, a federal U.S. Census worker, was found dead in a secluded rural Kentucky cemetery with the word Fed scrawled on his chest with a rope around his neck. The Atlantic Monthly Andrew Sullivan rushed to indict Southern populist terrorism, whipped up by the GOP and its Fox and talk radio cohorts in an online magazine post titled No Suicide, which decried the Kentucky lynching. Liberal author Richard Benjamin blamed anti-government bile. New York magazine fingered conservative talk radio giant Rush Limbaugh, conservative media personalities, websites and even members of Congress. So, who killed Bill Sparkman? Bill Sparkman. He killed himself and deliberately manufactured a hate crime hoax as part of an insurance scam to benefit his surviving son.

In February 2010, ticking time-bomb professor Amy Bishop gunned down three of her colleagues at University of Alabama-Huntsville, and suicide pilot Joseph Andrew Stack flew a stolen small plane into an Austin, Texas, office complex that contained an Internal Revenue Service office. Mainstream journalists from Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart to Time magazine reporter Hilary Hylton leaped forward to tie the crimes to tea party rhetoric. Never mind that Bishop was an Obama-worshiping academic with a lifelong history of violence or that Stack was another Bush-hater outraged about everything from George W. Bush to the American medical system to the evils of capitalism to the city of Austin, the Catholic Church and airlines.

In May 2010, liberal New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg tried to preemptively pin the Times Square bombing attempt on someone with a political agenda that doesn't like the health care bill or something. The culprit was unrepentant Muslim jihadist Faisal Shahzad.

In August 2010, Democratic supporters of Missouri Rep. Russ Carnahan blamed a firebombing at the congressman's St. Louis office on tea party suspects. The real perpetrator? Disgruntled progressive activist Chris Powers, who was enraged over a paycheck dispute.

President Obama wisely counseled the nation this week at the Tucson massacre memorial that bad things happen, and we must guard against simple explanations in the aftermath. But as the progressive left's smear-stained recent history shows, criminalizing conservatism is a hard habit to break.

Michelle Malkin is the author of Culture of Corruption: Obama and his Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks & Cronies (Regnery 2010).
    COPYRIGHT 2011 CREATORS.COM

<snipped link>

2. profile image55
    C.J. Wrightposted 13 years ago

BRAVO, thanks for posting.

3. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Want the "right" list? It's just as long.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Whaa...so much whining from the right. No one is trying to criminalize conservativism.

I don't blame Palin but I do blame the violent rhetoric on all sides. You have to admit that telling people to bring guns to political events is not the smartest thing.

The current climate must be changed. There is nothing wrong about being civil in discourse.

I was worried it was a tea party person, and I'm glad to be proven wrong. I am sorry I jumped to that conclusion.

The right are doing just the same thing but calling the guy a leftist after complaining about others making it political.

5. AnnCee profile image67

Civility would be real nice.   There's just one problem.   Violence is an integral and vital component of the Democrat play book now that the party has been completely taken over by far left radicals in the Saul Alinsky mode. 

It ain't your daddy's Democrat party anymore.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You got pictures of gun-toting democrats at a political event?

2. profile image0
      jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AnnCee,  It appears that you are at it again!

I recalled a forum topic where you were on the band wagon with your political rhetoric and accusations. 

I typed (Obama attending church) into search and came up with your accusation that the Obama family only attended that particular church service because a pro-Palestinian speaker was scheduled to speak.

You were proven wrong, as the Obamas attended an earlier service, and left the church, just as the pro-Palestinian speaker was scheduled to speak.

When this was posted, you conveniently disappeared from that thread without any admission of you jumping the gun and fanning the flames of partisan politics. this appears to be an ongoing pattern with you.

You talk about liberals or democrats jumping on the blame wagon!  How about cleaning up your own act, and looking at both sides.

There is enough of this crap going on in both political camps.  One party is no more innocent than the other.

Is a divided nation your goal?  Why not look at both political parties with an unbiased eye?  It's as you posted,  "Civility would be nice".

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Chirp....chirp.....chirp...

Damned crickets!!! mad

7. lovemychris profile image76

NEW YORK, Jan 14 (By Jonathan Stempel) - A New York money manager with a long history of legal battles with the government has been charged with threatening to kill 47 U.S. officials, including the nation's top securities and commodities regulators.

Vincent McCrudden, 49, last month allegedly posted online an "execution list" naming officials, including Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro and Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Gary Gensler.

Federal prosecutors said the threat came shortly after the CFTC brought an enforcement action accusing the former commodities trader and two of his companies with operating unregistered investments.

McCrudden threatened officials at the SEC, CFTC, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the National Futures Association, authorities said.
    "Go buy a gun, and lets get to work in taking back our country from these criminals,"

McCrudden allegedly wrote, in a statement calling for the four regulators to be abolished. "I will be the first one to lead by example."
    The arrest comes amid heightened concern for the safety of public officials after last
    Saturday's mass shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and others in Tucson, Arizona.

8. lovemychris profile image76

And I just remembered Ted Nugent!!
    He was at Beck's first ever Tea-Party rally, where they endorsed Palin for President!!
    Anyway, he has a radio show....big surprise...
    and he said Obama should put a gun to his mouth and pull the trigger.

geeez, i'm starting to see a little puzzle here, and the pieces are coming together!!!

Another ex-radio right-wing jock?? J D Hayworth, of AZ Tea-Party fame.
    Another ex jock and TP?  Mike Pence!!

9. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

roll

Folks on the left decry incitements to violence, and what do we hear from the Right? Variations on

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Disappointing, really.

10. lovemychris profile image76

I don't think civility is the goal.

11. AnnCee profile image67

1.   Both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are students of the  Saul Alinsky political methodology.

Does anyone dispute that?

2.   Point taken, Jerryl.   I admit to having jumped the gun on the church story and many others no doubt.   As one who has researched Barack Obama as extensively as possible given the lid that has been clamped on information such as his academic records which in the case of former presidents have been public, I did not look forward to Obama actually applying his promised transformation to this country.  For that reason I speak out often against him, as so many Americans do.   There are plenty of reasons almost every day as far as I'm concerned.   He has been disrespectful to the American people and his policies are dangerous.   My opinion,  I believe I'm still entitled to it.

While Obama insults regular Americans regularly he is very careful of the tender sensibilities of Muslims.   I was surprised to hear him refer to "terrorists" recently, I thought that word was verboten in this administration and it's Justice Department.  Perhaps that's why many Americans wonder about his connection to all things Muslim, including the assumption he attended church to hear a Palestinian speak. 

I also typed "Obama attends church"  and learned his family attended church in September for the first time in nearly six months and that his family again attended church last December in Hawaii.  Before he ran for president his family attended Reverend Wright's church regularly I believe.

All Quotes Attributed to Pastor Jeremiah Wright

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)

The last quote in bold type made me cringe when I heard it especially since he made some sort of weird physical gesture when he said it.   Not exactly where I'd take my little girls to hear the good news of salvation through Christ.

1. profile image0
      jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AnnCee,  I find it very disturbing that we hear from both sides of the aisle, that we are in these wars to (protect our freedom).  When did either Iraq or afghanistan ever attack our nation?

The truth be known, we are there for the greed of the oil and natural gas corporate interests, such as Haliburton and others.  When ever we get into hard times economically, our nation seems to be able to get us into war, so as to put a lot of people to work, making all of the things needed to conduct that war. 

The politicians in both parties are following the dictates of the federal reserve, it's banks and other corporate giants. We have in fact set up a lot of puppet governments in other countries, and at times turned on them.
      The hatred for the U.S., by other nations, has grown.  We should be looking at why this is happening, instead of listening to all of the misdirection BS that is put out by the media

These monied interests are the ones who set the wheels of the world's economy into motion.  Money drives everything.  We are in the financial mess because of their monetary policies.

All of the  politicians are operating in the survival mode.  They either go along with the lobbyists, or lose reelection contributions.

Something that should really get people angry, is that the federal reserve never has to account to the people. They are never audited.  Man, I could really do a lot of evil things and make huge profits at it, knowing that I can never be discovered.  No evidence, no worries about being prosecuted!

I believe that if you used your talents to research corporate corruption, and how it interacts with the governments of the world and how it all ties together, your views would change.

12. lovemychris profile image76

I happen to agree with everything Wright said!
    He is speaking truth to power.

You, however, are evading truth like a bat outta hell!
    Do you know that song "Lolly-pop"?

Well here:
    "Obfuscate, obfuscate
    oh oh oh obfuscate"

See this hand? Don't look what the other one's doing.

Wright is right!

And Tea-Party violence-laced talk is wrong.

13. AnnCee profile image67

I agree with you, jerryl.   We've got a corporatocracy on our hands no matter which way you slice the political pie.

However, I think the conservatives are less hell bent on transforming the country into Venezuela than the liberal progressives.

The liberal ideology isn't realistic and will see the middle class milk cow herd sent to the abattoir in their haste to spread the wealth and buy votes with freebies.  Better the middle class be overmilked by a continuing series of administrations held over a barrel as the founders intended because while there's life there's hope.

We think we're free, we think the rule of law abides.   We aren't, it doesn't.  The one good thing is there are more of us than there are of them and the protest and march to the polling place must continue.

Power is released when the truth is seen for what it is.  If we can face a problem, God can solve it.  That's why it is important to continue researching and discussing.   It does make a difference.

http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/CAFmrl.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)