Hub Camp Rocks!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you to Robin and Paul and Simone for such an amazing day. Hubcamp was everything I thought it would be and more!
    And to all you Hubbers out there, If there is a Hub camp coming to your town  . .. take advantage of this incredible opportunity. You will learn, laugh and leave with a smile.

Truly a great experience and one I will never forget!

1. ImChemist profile image58
      ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm just newbie here , what is hub camp?

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Glad you had a good time, the hubpages team are great!

(I'm just waiting for a full time - work from home forum mod position to open up big_smile )

3. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

I just got back from HubCamp NYC and it was worth the trip!

I learned a thing or two, and it was fun to meet some of my fellow hubbers IRL

Thanks Paul & Robin & Simone for a great afternoon big_smile

4. amy jane profile image70
    amy janeposted 13 years ago

HubCamp was definitely worth the trip! I had a great time too. smile It was a pleasure meeting Robin, Paul, Simone and all the terrific NY Hubbers.

(And I made it home safe Wavegirl!)

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

and it looks like Ed got to the train on time smile

1. Edweirdo profile image84
        Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I made it with 5 minutes to spare - no time for a smoke sad

So thanks again for the cab ride - without it I'd still be on the train right now big_smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

hey, it sounds like you're all happy campers! I hope you share some of what took place. big_smile

It's quite a drive to Miami from here, but I would love to go!

6. Lalulinho profile image75
    Lalulinhoposted 13 years ago

Hi all, HubCamp was great--nice to meet some of you, like Edweirdo or Dohn whose Hubs I had seen before.  And nice to meet Paul, Robin and Simone.  Thanks so much for all of your help. 

Hope to hub a bit more going forward and keep in touch with all of you.  Am sorry I had to leave a bit early, would have liked to stay a bit longer.  (Am curious how the pictures will turn out...).

lalulinho

7. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 13 years ago

HubCamp NYC was definitely awesome.  Having the opportunity to meet everyone alone was worth the trip.  Again, thank you Paul, Robin, and Simone for being so supportive!

I hope to see all you guys again!

1. Robin profile image86
      Robinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was so great meeting you all!  Paul, Simone and I really appreciate you all coming, especially during the Jets game!  I look forward to reading more of your Hubs and keeping in touch!

8. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Wow! I'm green with envy here. Wonder if we can have one in my country.

You can check where all the future scheduled meet ups are there!
      HubCamp Meet Up

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow - philadelphia in april - I might attend

you should change that might into a definite YES!! Dont miss the great opportunity if it is so close to you!!

1. profile image0
            mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

all depends on what 4/16 brings in terms of vacation smile

2. emievil profile image68
        emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Unfortunately, Philippines is not on the list sad

Maybe you can run a Hubcamp yourself as a 'counselor" for all those that live near you! Hubpages will help you get started with it I am sure!! Why not email the team for more information about this.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get those hubs pumpin and start earnin some mulaaaaaahhhh, use that as an emphasis and an opportunity for an overseas holiday.

I may be a traveling Hubber in the future to lay claim to having my work on Hubpages help fund just such a trip and incidently do a Hubcamp, now how cool would that be?

London is the next meetup the end of July

6 months from now.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0148.gif

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75

So many Hubcamps to choose from....

9. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Why no one is writing hub on hubcamp ? sad *cough - asking ya wavegirl*

now dont you just know me so well. .. .

working  .. working smile

how have you been sky?

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75

Sky,

I believe Shari would most likely have that as a 'work in progress'.

10. BennyTheWriter profile image69
    BennyTheWriterposted 13 years ago

Hey all...just wanted to pop in and say that Hub Camp NYC rocked smile  A HUGE Thank You to Paul, Robin and Simone for being such gracious and awesome hosts.  Extremely inspiring to meet fellow Hubbers in person--and that's an understatement.  Looking to keep in touch with everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)