Poetry

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Sugar Sue profile image59
    Sugar Sueposted 13 years ago

Do you express yourself better through writing? Is it therapy for you to write down what's in your heart? Do you relate with others through reading their writings,poems, or lyrics? Check it out. Express yourself or find yourself.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes , Yes , Yes.

Sugar Sueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool Yes smile

2. suncat profile image58
      suncatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I relate to others if they write something that touches me and sometimes I write myself.

I just wrote this as my responce to someone who wanted to know if we like sunset or sunrise better.

And sinse you're asking to try expressing yourself, here's my try smile

I like sunset, I like sunrise

I like it all, I think it's wise smile

I like to watch the birds in fly

I like... I don't know why...

I'm just that kind of a girl

Who likes what's beautiful and all...

I'm not an early bird myself

So sunset is when I meet my Elf,

Sunrise is when I often sleep,

But then sometimes I hear beep

That comes from a neighbor's wake up call

That's when I see sunrise and all... smile)

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4496406_f248.jpg

awesome! I like that smile

1. suncat profile image58
          suncatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like it that u like it smile <3

3. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

very much so, yes

4. duffsmom profile image62
      duffsmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My emotions drive my writing and oddly enough I seem to express myself more vividly when I am sad or depressed.

5. Insight1987 profile image61
      Insight1987posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only care about being good, as well as having fun.

A lot of what I write, I have no emotional connection to one way or the other. It's just not as important as quality, especially since I don't need any of its therapeutic benefits.

In the end, quality is remembered, and the rest is remaindered.

2. jessica.written. profile image58
    jessica.written.posted 13 years ago

expression is a way to get out problems of any sort. insecurities within yourself, worldly problems, family fights, beautiful nights and glorious kisses. you can write it all. its dreaming wide awake.

I am just a woman by: this girl with two thumbs (me)

i have curves

wide hips, a strong build

i am just a woman

so dont look at me with those eyes

that judge

those eyes that seek imperfections

i eat when my tummy rumbles

sure, i could lose a pound or two

maybe ten

maybe twenty if i want to reach perfection

in those eyes that look to kill

in your eyes

but i wont, because i am just a woman

i have curves

and i like my wide hips, my strong build

im not just a sack of bones for you to push around

i am a woman

that has her cake and eats it too

so dont look at me with those eyes

you dog like men

because when you do

i'm looking straight back at you

Wonderful Jessica!  It is true for me. Writing is my therapy!  I can relate with what you wrote, as can many women. Those who are constantly looking to judge others should be handled like an unfriendly dog. "Never let them smell your fear"

2. duffsmom profile image62
      duffsmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

reminds me of Lucille Clifton's famous poesm Homeage to My Hips.  Wonderful piece here.

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

I wander thru life in a state of perpetual confusion searching for moments of clarity. These I write down.

4. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Yes!  smile

5. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

this was an easy answer yes!! sometimes i hear a song and its exactly everything going on in my life right now, samething with poetry and writing in general im able to express myself more through my writing

6. Awakened Light profile image60
    Awakened Lightposted 13 years ago

"Your Eyes...Your Smile..."
      by AwakenedLyte

Eyes like freedom, for I see in them escape,
    I see in them the weight of this world existing within the next.
    Eyes like, just what I needed.
    Like more than I would expect.
    Like the freshness of a summer breeze.
    Like how wind rustles leaves
    As it moves in-between here and there.
    Or like when a few strands of hair
    covers one side.
    like the eyes I see
    when you lay to sleep at night...
    that's what your eyes are like.

A smile like fresh rain on a dry day,
    like going out of the way to say something nice,
    like playing hide and go seek ‘til the street light come on,
    like hearing your favorite song goin' all night long,
    like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds after a storm, 
    like waking into a dream;
    that's what your smile,
    That’s what your eyes,
    their shine is like to me.

7. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

fabulous poetry - and now I have found more writers to visit - thanks, Sugar Sue!
    big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I express my ideas better in writing, just because there's more time to craft the words.  I'm not all that bad expressing myself in person either, though (although if things get aggressive or unreasonable in person I'm not great at being equally aggressive or unreasonable).

The only way I find writing at all therapeutic is that I enjoy doing it, and any time we engage in an activity we enjoy it can be therapeutic in some ways.  I never writing anything that has any emotional impact for me.  My writing is all an "intellectual process".  Some of my writing appears to be "written from the heart" because I wait until emotional stuff is old and processed and neatly filed away in "mental files".  Then, if I want to write something as a way of trying to "reach out" to readers, I dig out and dust off those old things I once felt.  Everything I write is true, and I use memory to find the words for emotions-related subject.

Still, unless some emotional subject is ancient history enough that it means no more to me than, say, the color of my hair or my zip code; I won't write about.  I generally keep the things that involve ongoing emotional impact on me to myself.  To me, they mean too much to me to be posting on the Internet.  lol

9. know one profile image61
    know oneposted 13 years ago

I don't know that I express myself better in writing, it's just I can be less reactive to the moment; I have more control over the subject matter. I enjoy being in that place where the heart meets the mind - and I like to visit that place in others; I like to see the passion come through and it usually overrides any imperfections for me. smile

1. Leptirela profile image73
      Leptirelaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I Love writing

I must stress it,

I feel an urge

to express it.

Its not just about how i feel

Its about the way

we can escape whats real.

I love to think of dreams , love
      and happy endings.

Love to heal a soul,

and other kind of mendings.

I want my words to touch your heart

Right to the end from the word start.

I write about honey, love , birds and the sea
      I write about everything
      that means so much to me.

So just sit down under the loney tree,

Whisper a 'hello'

and set your thoughts free.

Jot a few words and see how you feel,
      because the way am
      feeling right now
      is better than fantasy.

10. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 13 years ago

Poetry is an answer to life. We see more of our reflection with poetry, it reveals what is really in our heart. To us and everyone. I love poetry.

1. Leptirela profile image73
      Leptirelaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said Astra Nomik smile

11. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

Those who love poetry
    Even though in that respect
    They would bear no ancestry
    Keeping the rime correct
    Revealing wits in artistry
    Uttering words that souls affect

They cast a bright light reflect
    Opon this virtual mind where we connect
    big_smile

12. chisom emmanuel profile image61
    chisom emmanuelposted 13 years ago

at times poetry just keep falling on my mind and i have no choice than to express it by writing them as the come. when i give them to people for reveiw and they like it then i have related to them and i am happy. so also i read the poems of people and i am so inspired i find like minds in them

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)