In the Name of (True) Love

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. DeylightWriter profile image61
    DeylightWriterposted 13 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4559111_f248.jpg
    Do you believe in true love? Could you...Would you... stay with someone who cheated on you and had a baby in the process?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in true love, but it would depend on the circumstances if she cheated on me.  If the reason behind her cheating on me had something to do with being drunk, or if I felt she was genuinely sorry about what she did, then I'd probably forgive her.  Of course, it would take a while before my trust in her would come back, but i'd still forgive her. 

however, if i found out she just cheated on me out of spite or because somehow i wasn't good enough for her, then i'd just break up with her completely. sure, it would be hard but in the end, i think we'd both be better off.

2. maverickserp profile image60
      maverickserpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in True Love. Love does not cheat it's the person who cheat. That means that person don't loved you.

Love is faith, sharing, respect and with open communication between both parties.

To those who cheat, they're just saying Love on their lips and don't have any feeling at all, deep in their hearts.

3. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe... no I couldn't stay with a chester... life is too short find Simone that loves you enough to keep their promises.

4. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having done some silly things and made a few mistakes myself, which I have regretted, I would understand a spontaneous fling. However, I wouldn't understand if it became a habit.
      As for having a baby in the process ... that sheds quite a different light on things. No, I don't think we'd be able to stay together if that happened. I'd understand it was an accident, but no ...

5. noyon_ku profile image60
      noyon_kuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely I believe in true love. Now I am involved with someone.

6. profile image50
      ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where is the "true love" part in the example in the first post?

7. speedbird profile image61
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me I believe in true love..so long as it is unconditional

2. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I believe in true love and believe when it's truly true love there isn't any cheating, and there REALLY wouldn't be any babies.  So, I'd do two of the people involved a big favor and end the charade.  Maybe it would free up the baby's father to be a decent father to his baby.  I'd sure deserve better than a so-called "true love" who let a baby happen with someone else.  As for the boyfriend/husband/father-of-the-baby - I wouldn't care what happened to him on way or another.

3. tlouise11 profile image60
    tlouise11posted 13 years ago

I think that if she cheated on you while she was drunk , She might as well be cheating on you when she is sober. It don't matter one or the other. If you love someone I mean truly love each other, your strong enough not to let your flesh have what it wants. You would never ever want to do this , once cheater always a cheater. I have been in the situation ,and I admit I am a flirt and when I  drink I  get real close to people , Kiss on women, rub up on them and I might have sex with them, But Its ok  with my boyfriend that I do this . But I would not even give a man the chance to get close to me . I have a man that I truly love ...  I wouldn't ever hurt him like that.   But if your girlfriend was drunk and this man would not leave her alone and took advantage of her ,I can see how this could happen , Just work it out with her ,I am telling you that it is going to be so hard to be able to trust her again. I can see you guys fighting alot about this . good luck

4. WuldUStilRemebrMe profile image60
    WuldUStilRemebrMeposted 13 years ago

Why sure. That makes so much sense.  You should read out loud, what you wrote - one word at a time and slowly.  You'll find the answer - it's staring at you - actually, it's screaming at you.

5. gwritergirl profile image60
    gwritergirlposted 13 years ago

I believe in true love I thought I had felt it a couple of times in my life but the other persons actions said otherwise so it wasnt true or love at all....and I couldn't stay with someone that cheated and there is now a baby involved that is too many layers of drama....first they could give you someething since it seems like that don't even have the decency to use protection with the other person then he or she has a baby out there that needs to be taken care of regardless and didn't ask to be in this situation then they will always have to talk with the person that they had the baby with drama with too many levels

6. profile image0
    sinisa_sinaposted 13 years ago

Love is something we feel, what keeps us together in very hard times, it's what gives us strength. If one of us miss right track, the other needs to leed back. But, if only one person loves, and gives all, wile other just takes, that's not worth the effort. If he or she cheat, nothing on this world should make other to forgive. If he or she did that once, it will do that agin.

7. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 13 years ago

I did stay actually and it ate at me the whole time, so if I could go back nope sure wouldn't!

8. Ms.Wakeelah profile image69
    Ms.Wakeelahposted 13 years ago

I believe in true love, but it would be difficult to stay with someone who cheated and had a baby with someone else.

9. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

In the name of true love, divorce already. Save us all some grief.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)