GRAND PRIZE WINNER POSTED -Money Grows on Hubs Official Contest Thread

Jump to Last Post 351-372 of 372 discussions (583 posts)
  1. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

One more for the contest - total 62 now.

Benefits and Challenges of Being Self-Employed

http://hubpages.com/hub/Benefits-and-Ch … f-Employed

1. oceansnsunsets profile image83
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here is hoping to you getting lucky in the end, perhaps Soni!  You so totally deserve it!  Very very few people did what you did Soni, for the contest.  You are a trooper and an inspiration.

soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am really thankful to you ocean. You are too an inspiration. This time I was not lucky enough but next time I will be. Be positive.

By the way, my daughter's name is in the waiting list for another prominent school of Delhi. Hope is always there. Please cross your fingers for my kid's admission.

Best of luck.

2. Dianemae profile image80
    Dianemaeposted 13 years ago

I have completed the Money Grows on Hubs contest and somehow managed to enter extra hubs allowing me to do 30 hubs in 30 days. I do feel a sense of accomplishment, but I was too rushed. I don't feel it was my best work.  I will now take the time to learn more about the sites and revise more before submitting. Thanks for the opportunity to grow.

3. Howard S. profile image89
    Howard S.posted 13 years ago

Many of you are going to enjoy my statistical analysis of the contest.
    cool
    The Money Grows on Hubs Contest Winners: How they Won lol
    http://hubpages.com/t/1fffbb
    http://x.hubpages.com/x/hubpages_120-60.gif

4. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Today's Bonus Topic,"Income And Making Money" 3rd Entry

Freelance Writing Scams-How To Avoid A Freelance Writing Scam

5. sid_candid profile image57

Today's Bonus Topic,"Income And Making Money" 4th Entry

Family Daycare Business:How To Start A Daycare Business At Home

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 13 years ago

Have I missed discussion on this (sorry if I did I have little time for forums at the moment!) - but is there to be another contest after this one?

By the way i take my hat off to all you who entered - it's a real tough job doing so many a day!

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, heck yeah!  And our next contest is going to be A-MA-ZING.  Believe me wink

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so when do we get details?

Depending on feedback and how we end up executing things, either mid-February or mid-March big_smile

7. universalcable profile image40
    universalcableposted 13 years ago

Let’s helps improve our world economic.
    Brief economy suggestions:
    If the economy is entering a recession, the government may cut tax rates. Then people can spend more of their incomes on goods and services, this increased spending will stimulate production and may bring the economy out of the recession. The same goal may be achieved if government increases its spending.
    Suppose you have an allowance of $5 a week. After a year of high inflation, your allowance is still $5 a week. What problem do you have? How will you try to convince congress that you need a larger allowance?
    An issue in many cities is whether local governments should be able to control rents. Compare the rights of landlords with people’s rights to affordable housing. Whose rights do you think are more important? Is rent control a good idea or not?
    Suppose that a proposal has been made to increase income taxes in order to reduce the budget deficit and the national debt. What other effects might higher income taxes have on the economic? What else might be done to reduce the debt?

MORE COMING SOON!!

8. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

We had quite the weekend!  Here are the winners:

FRIDAY, JANUARY 28TH: INSURANCE
    • Staff Pick winner: shazwellyn
    for House Insurance: Is The Best Policy The Cheapest? Grab Some Home Insurance Tips!
    • Daily Drawing Winner: Abbasangel
    for The deal with life insurance

SATURDAY, JANUARY 29TH: BARGAIN SHOPPING
    • Staff Pick winner: classicalgeek
    • Daily Drawing Winner: classicalgeek
    Both for Bartain Shopping in Dallas, Texas

As you'll see, we have our first DOUBLE winner on Saturday: classicalgeek!  There were lots of other great Hubs that day, but classicalgeek was the only one with a great Hub that went for a long-tail topic, which is really important when it comes to getting traffic - especially when writing on a popular topic such as personal finance.   Well done!

We've got one more set of daily winners to announce this afternoon, then only weekly and grand prize winners remain to be announced!

Stay tuned big_smile

1. Howard S. profile image89
      Howard S.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If a long-tail topic is in the title, and if Saturday's was an exemplary topic title, there is something that eludes me.

(Don't get me wrong--it's a good hub. I should know since I live in Dallas.)

1. classicalgeek profile image83
        classicalgeekposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL since you live in Dallas, want to go with me and see how far I can stretch that $100? smile

That's tempting. But if I go shopping with you, I suspect we are going to talk more linguistics than anything else. Now that the contest is done--and when I catch up to life--I plan to start a series on language.

I can't wait . . . I love language, linguistics, semiotics . . . going to follow you now so I don't forget.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

It's a long-tail topic in that it is not competing with many other online articles on the same subject.  It's very specific; very niche big_smile

2. oceansnsunsets profile image83
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shazwellyn, Abbasangel, and Classical Geek, congrats on your wins!

Thank you!

1. Abbasangel profile image64
          Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!! smile

9. Simone Smith profile image87

The FIIIIIINAL DAIIIIIIIIILY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNERSSSS!!!!!

SUNDAY, JANUARY 30TH: INCOME AND MAKING MONEY
    • Staff Pick winner: K9keystrokes
    for How to Make Your Garage Sale or Yard Sale a Success - A Basic Guide
    • Daily Drawing Winner: Howard S.
    for Windfall Profits through Chance, Luck and Lotteries: A Personal Finance Attitude

As these are the last winners of the week, you know what that means- it's time to vote for your favorite Hub for Week 4's People's Choice award!!

1. Analana profile image63
      Analanaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to K9keystrokes and Howard S. - great job!

Thanks to Hubpages for hosting this contest and to the judges for giving up so much of their time to read all of our many hubs. This contest was a great motivator and forced me to pay more attention to quality and detail. It's been a long month, but I enjoyed the experience. I'm looking forward to the next contest!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said, Analana

Thanks to Simone and all the Hub Pages staff for the opportunities and the work (which most of us probably can't even begin to realise) that must go in to these contests, before and during the event. They are fun, they are challenging and they are beneficial to us all in the long term, as they not only encourage and motivate us to produce work which is likely to generate revenue ad infinitum, they help instil a work ethic discipline through the topic categories and deadlines.

I too look forward to the next contest with relish and to making many more Hubs in the interim. smile

Thank you Analana and Gordon Hamilton! Your Hubs were a pleasure to read!!!

10. sid_candid profile image57

Its the end of the Money Grows On Hub Contest but it has been a great learning experience. There were several quality hubs produced and I am amazed to see the amount of talent at hubpages. Hats off to Simone and all the other judges for giving us this wonderful contest. Looking forward to the next such contest.

1. Tranquilheart profile image92
      Tranquilheartposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I 2nd that!

Thanks to all the hard work everyone ... our go-to gal Simone, the judges, the fierce winners and to us the hopeful non-winners ...  it was win-win all around. And the sponsors for the prizes.

This event has been a good way to keep me busy while I've been at home all week recovering from an operation and distracting me from our yucky Canadian winter.

Here's to more fun contests.  Yay for HubPages!   big_smile

☻/          ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ •˚  * ˚ ☀ ˚ ˛+ * 。•˚  * 
      /▌        *˛˚ +  •˚  * 。* 。•˚  * ✿•˚   * 
      / \     ˚. ★ * 。 ✰•˚  * .•˚  *

Thanks sid_candid and Tranquilheart - and Tranquilheart, I wish you the speediest of recoveries!

11. sagebrush_mama profile image61
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

I love how each contest leads to learning about how to use certain capsules!  This one really provided some interesting uses of the tables!  I'm definitely going to try using these more often.

Congrats to all the winners!

Hahaa, you're right- the table capsule sure was the star capsule of the contest! I've come to love it this month, too!

12. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners. Now as the contest is already over, I can't say "may you win more". hahaaaaaaa....

By the way, we learned a lot from this contest, especially using tables.

I'm so glad you learned a lot from the contest, soni2006! I'm sorry that in all of your fabulous entries, there was not one DD winner!  Though... last contest only had 700 something entries, whereas this one had over 5,000, so I don't suppose the odds were in anyone's favor.

At least you can rest assured that you can continue to earn from your Hubs as time progresses!

13. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Congrats to everyone in the contest - it was a great ride! Many wonderful things to be learned and hope to see everyone in the next contest....after I get my arms to work again!  I still have 43 more hubs I need to post up soon so hopefully will get cracking on those.

Good luck and hopeful thoughts to you Soni on your daughter's admission!!!

Akirchner, may I make a suggestion? Assuming all those yet-to-be-posted hubs are still in your word processor, and assuming they were all targeted within personal finance for the MGOH contest, why not submit them as HubMobs? You'll need to "answer" Princessa's question for the relevant week. That week may have passed, but the question is never closed, so hubs can always be added. That will give you backlinks. Read up on HubMobs if needed.

I don't know how you can be so prolific! (sigh) I can't write 5 per day; I can't layout 5 per day; I certainly can't write and layout 5 per day. My hat's off to you! Congrats to you for your wins!

14. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 13 years ago

Congratulations to all winners! And non-winners, as well, like me, but my hub on Retirement Benefits on SSS reached the HubScore of 90. Other PF hubs are gaining, too! (LOL!!!) Hope it will earn dividends, too! I hope the staff will provide us with a PDF of that book on I'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO BE RICH. Thanks, Simone and the rest of HP. It's been a pleasure writing hubs on Personal Finance. Maraming Salamat!!! (Thanks a lot!) big_smile

Wow, a HubScore of 90 already - that's awesome!  I must say, it comes as no surprise to me, as your entries were fantastic this month!  Thanks for being a part of the contest!

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just wanted to say thank you Simone and bless you.  You are appreciated x

15. Howard S. profile image89
    Howard S.posted 13 years ago

For those of you who already know about my hub analyzing the first 25 Best Hubs, I have updated it to incorporate the final three. (It's tough trying to figure out how to say this without breaking the self-promotion link-posting rule.)

16. Simone Smith profile image87

Hey everyone!

The winners for Week 4 have been chosen!

The Best Hub prize goes to Confessions of JillKostow for Confessions of a Welfare Recipient - Assistance for Low-Income Families

The People's Choice award goes to Johnny Parker for How to haggle: get the best price, best deals and bag a bargain

Congrats to both of you!!

17. Simone Smith profile image87

At long last, this contest has come to its final close.  The $500 Grand Prize winner has been selected by our judges!

JillKostow has won for her Hub Confessions of a Welfare Recipient - Assistance for Low-Income Families

Congratulations, Jill!

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in this contest, as well as our sponsor, I Will Teach You To Be Rich, and our five amazing judges, Silicon Valley Blogger, Adam Baker, Pinyo Bhulipongsanon, Gyutae Park, and Jeff Rose. Thanks for making it the best HubPages contest yet!

18. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

Congratulations to the winners! smile

19. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Congrats Jill! what a great hub and a wonderful prize!

1. JillKostow profile image88
      JillKostowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you rebekahELLE, I am still thinking it was a dream...I really didn't expect to win.  Everyone had such great hubs!!!

soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

After all best is the best. Congratulations for your amazing win.

20. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Wow! Congrats Jill.

Thank you!!  I really appreciate everyone's kind words and support!!!

21. Purple Perl profile image50
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Hey Jill!Congratulations! Truly well deserved!

Thank you Purple Perl!!!! smile

22. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Jill, congrats on your big win! Very well deserved. Thanks Simone for making this a very fun contest!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)