How do you get ideas for new Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Hindol Adhya profile image60
    Hindol Adhyaposted 13 years ago

Only 3 Hubs and I am out of ideas. But I see many people writing 2-3 Hubs a day. How do they (you) do it?

1. J Sunhawk profile image67
      J Sunhawkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you do keyword analysis, look at the long keyword phrases. Those phrases can be used for ideas for new hubs.

2. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, in this life we live in we can never run out of ideas, there is always something to write about. You can get ideas from books, magazines, newspapers, conversations, television, radio etc.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have far more ideas for hubs than i have time or energy to write.

In the past 14 years, I have written at least 4,000 web pageS, maybe more.  I'm quite sure I will be writing just as many in the next 14.

Ideas come from everywhere. Books, conversations, random thoughts. You just need to pay attention.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

not meaning to be nosey, but do you write to gain money or just enjoyment.  I have been around a while on hubpages, but just for the fun of it, am thinking of writing to try to earn money now, what would be your take on that......

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I write both for money and enjoyment, but it gets confusing because part of my writing is to promote my consulting work and part is for advertising income and part for affiliate sales and part to promote e-books I sell.

It is sometimes hard to know which is which.

1. May PL profile image66
          May PLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you find writing taking up a big chunk out of your day?

1. Pcunix profile image90
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.

About an hour or so, sometimes two.

3. Grant's World profile image80
    Grant's Worldposted 13 years ago

I find ideas all over the place. Everywhere you look there are ideas.
    Everything you read there are ideas.
    Watching television you should come up with all kinds of ideas.

I have a list of ideas and I keep adding to it faster than I can write the hubs for them.

Look around the room you are sitting in and open your mind and look at the objects and try to come up with ideas based on the objects in your room.
    Ask friends and family to give you ideas.

Pcunix is right, you just need to pay attention.

4. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

I have found most of my ideas from books, magazines, conversations, whats in the news on TV and even from my dreams. Sometimes an idea comes to my mind unexpectedly then I jot down for future references.

1. May PL profile image66
      May PLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I do the same. Ideas pop into my head when I am driving and have to quickly scribble down the thoughts when stationary at the traffic lights!

5. ravko profile image64
    ravkoposted 13 years ago

I come up with ideas from my personal life right now, I am starting to branch out my way of thinking, altho I too have only written 3 hubs, it takes me longer than a day to write a hub, I will get the hang of it - just as you will

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Like the above poster said, I too have more ideas than I can write.

Look outside your world, the topics are everywhere..

7. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

My journalism prof used to say, "Ideas are in the air".
    If you are breathing, you are taking in ideas constantly.

8. safiq ali patel profile image66
    safiq ali patelposted 13 years ago

How do you come up with ideas for a new hub. Well early today I was readig through the forums here on hubpages. A woman has asked for help from people on home schooling her child. As some-one who has a degree and a masters the idea stimulated me into writing and I was inspired to start writing a hub on just that subject on home schooling your child.

So if you are struggling for ideas read the forums until you see a subject that kick starts your writing senses. Above all keep an open mind and keep reading through hubs and posts and replies. Some one will post something that grabs your heart and you'll be able to start writing. Keeping looking. It's also a good idea to have some paper and pens by your computer so that you can jot possible ideas down as they come to you. Don't feel like you are failing if you aren't coming up with 2 hubs per day. We are all different and we all work to different times. Do do the creating in your own natural body and mind time. Good look, relax and the ideas will flow. From safiq

9. Hindol Adhya profile image60

Well, I do have some ideas, but not much information on it to write about. Basically I am a tech-guy and I would like to write about programming and other technical stuff. But I see very few programming Hubs on HubPages and even fewer people are interested in reading them. I have lost the enthusiasm with which I have joined HubPages.

Inintially I was interested in money only but reading many Hubs that says 'content is king', I am willing to put up quality content and don't want to write for the sake of writing. I actually had two other Hubs but I deleted them because they did not have anything useful.

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to start researching. You start with a topic that interests you, research the keywords, research the information and write a hub from your point of view/angle you want to explore

You haven't been here long enough to know whether or not your hubs will gain traffic; so write about what you know about (programming) and give your hubs time and promote them as best you can. Making money with hubs is generally a long term proposition, not a quick buck!

2. ThomasE profile image68
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub about programming, I don't think you would be looking for internal traffic to hubpages, but you could do alright if you do articles for external traffic via google.

10. Hindol Adhya profile image60

Thanks to everyone, smile. I did not expect this many replies in just 3 hours.

1. MPG Narratives profile image59
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We're fast here at HP smile, here's some more for you.

Sometimes someone will say something and I get ideas from that. Reading newspapers and watching news feeds helps too. Why not try Amazon and do some product hubs?

Technical stuff can work just try and simplfy the content for dummies like me. smile

Don't give up, inspiration can come from anywhere.

11. Csjun89 profile image60
    Csjun89posted 13 years ago

Try taking a walk outside and look around for ideas! Might help

12. nasus loops profile image64
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

Even though you are a tech guy, why not try and write some hubs on places you may have visited or even your home town!

I find personal experience works well for me.  What things have happened to affect your life?  Tweak these and they become ideas for hubs.

Do you ever moan about something! Instead of moaning, why not write about it on HP.  You will be surprised at how many people read moaning hubs if you lay them out correctly so that they are informative looking.

Good luck.

13. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

Hindol, drop the the idea of writing a hub in a few hours. I spent anywhere from two days to to a week to write my hubs to make them quality hubs to read. This is why I only publish roughly one hub a week. I spend a lot of time reading and researching my topic before I write about it. Also, it keeps the pressure down to write if you spread out your writing.

1. nasus loops profile image64
      nasus loopsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is very true melpor.  Time should be taken to write quality hubs rather than quantity.  Good quality hubs will in time bring in revenue if this is also your aim.

1. melpor profile image90
        melporposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nasus Loop, you are right. I am making money from my least profitable hubs. I guess because my readers want to know more about the topic that they are reading.

14. TheOneWhoKnows profile image58
    TheOneWhoKnowsposted 13 years ago

Whatever you see or do can be idea for Hub. Use your imagination, and you'll find the sources of inspiration around you.

15. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

I will use my technology background, a life event, a phase in my life, a favorite sport team or simply just something meaningful to me

16. speedbird profile image60
    speedbirdposted 13 years ago

There is alot of information online for you to get started but make sure you dont copy content from the web without re-writing it. Your hubs will be flagged as spam

17. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 13 years ago

I find ideas from the things I do and see everyday.

18. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I write a lot, but my hubs are on topics I already know about (in other words, less time is required for research). I actually keep a composition book for writing down ideas as they occur, and I use another composition book when I'm doing research for a hub.

As a suggestion, join the Hub Mobs each week - the broad-based topic will spur some ideas, you'll increase readership (even if it is internal readership), and it will stretch your writing skills.

19. carolapple profile image75
    carolappleposted 13 years ago

I like to read a lot, and every book would give me several ideas for hubs, articles, and essays, not counting a review of the book. I also have ideas for hubs about some great places to visit in my area - southern Virginia. And about the history of the area. And parenting teenagers. And plenty of other ideas that are just taking shape in the depths of my mind....

My problem is with my day job and family obligations, it's hard to find the the stretches of time necessary to write them. I don't knock hubs out real fast. I need to spend time thinking and revising. And then I need to take time finding or creating the right pictures. Quality is way more important to me than quantity.

20. Hindol Adhya profile image60

Before posting for the first time in the forum, I never in my dreams imagined this much feedback, smile. I am really happy I posted this question, smile. I don't really care about ad clicks, but some encouraging comments in my Hubs is welcome. But I already made some followers (and some fan mails too), :B

21. revmjm profile image87
    revmjmposted 13 years ago

I have ideas running through my head all day long and I can't wait to get to the computer to write an article about something. Anything can be turned into an article. I read a nice article about red lipstick. I wish I had thought about that because I wear red lipstick. The sky's the limit when it comes to topics. The fun part is writing about something you like and know something about...cooking, pets, babies, tv programs, gardening, books, courses, vehicles, perfumes, etc. The list is endless.

22. profile image0
    Shayla Ebsenposted 13 years ago

I think about any problems I have dealt with or unique experiences and then do keyword research to see if others are searching for that topic before writing a new hub. Additionally, as a writer, I think about new topics constantly and write them down whenever possible so I don't forget about them.

23. sergs_pogi profile image57
    sergs_pogiposted 13 years ago

My best advice is that you get a pen and a notebook, write down any topic you can think of, then search around hubpages if others have written about them or not. However, if others have written about it, try to dig further by reading them. If you can provide a content not discussed or included by those articles, you can still make a hub for your own. You can vary your title a little bit. Ok?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)