Best religion

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Bijosh profile image61
    Bijoshposted 13 years ago

Which religion is the best? We need to analyse not by the number of followers but by the universality of the dogma and future relevance.

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello! I am a "Christian." This means in simplistic terms, that I follow the teachings of Christ, Jesus. I believe through His teachings that He is the "Son of God" who for a time took on the appearance of a human being, to be able to dwell amongst man, in order to teach man the love of God. I believe that Jesus the Christ being the son of God offered to be crucified in order to erase the sins of mankind, and that my sins and your sins are washed away as soon as one accepts Christ Jesus as the one perfect sacrifice to take away sin.

Christ Jesus teaches that we must Love God, and love each other as brother or sister. He teaches that we are spiritual beings, and will return back to being a spirit at death of our bodies, and if we have been forgiven our sins we shall live eternally with God in the heavens, but if we deny God, and deny the spiritual salvation of Christ Jesus, we will live in eternal torment, being forever separated from our creator God.

I believe this to be true for me in my life. I do not presume to speak for others, only for myself and my belief.

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simple: no religion -pro or con. Remove them both, please.
      Yes, remove the theist and atheist from view and let us peaceful folk enjoy the Universe without any obstructions...

( Think Adam during the Sixth & Seventh Realities. No obstructions, no division, no hindrance, no need to believe or have faith --because he was belief & he was faith in body, brain and spirit. )
      smile
      James.

1. Daniel Carter profile image61
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very nicely stated, James.
        smile

2. Bijosh profile image61
        Bijoshposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like the opinion of james

3. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Based on the considerable damage done by every religion in extorting money, manipulating its believers and brain washing followers, I would say no religion is the best religion. Following any religion is a cult-based idea. The need for people to have a religion is probably based on the need to feel belonging and acceptance. Oddly religion does neither. It teaches love and then condemns its followers by saying they are sinners. And, unrepentant sinners are then cut off.

The best thing for wholeness, belonging and wellness is to look inside and understand that you are connected spiritually to the universe and everything in it. From there, you can discover what you need to. Joining a group, IMO, is joining a cult. The journey is paradoxically singular although never alone.

4. pennyofheaven profile image77
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love is.

See here if you like? http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/64246

5. Ruben Rivera profile image59
      Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me none

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not, you?

1. Ruben Rivera profile image59

I see religion only as a way to control the masses and just like countries very territorial in their ideology, we all share this planet and anyone should have the right to basic needs but mankind has made it very complicated with divisions such as religion, race, borders, I guess it's a survival instinct

Ruben Rivera

I agree for most part, with that.

I thought you meant, you don't need love

1. Ruben Rivera profile image59

why would you mix love with religion? Whenever I think of religion the word conflict comes to mind.

You were under penny's post, Love is.

Yes religion has too many conditions for love for me too.

2. worldgrandeur profile image58
    worldgrandeurposted 13 years ago

This is very strange question to post in here! Each and everyone's religion is the best, the highest, and the most sublime in their eyes!

the question is asked for self criticism and analysis of one's own religion for a comparative religious study

3. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Almost all of them lack Universality. Considering future relevance, Buddhism might stand a chance.

which sect in Buddhism? Zen?

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
        Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would go for Theravada. I believe Its the only Buddhist branch that closely resembles the early teachings of Buddha. Zen is just a westernized form of Buddhism, developed in later times.

2. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Buddhism is not based on what Buddha himself believed and on what Buddha got revealed from the Creator-God. Every religion is the best, and it is the same one religion, if it is in the pristine form it was revealed from the Ceator-God.

4. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Greek Orthodox Christianity as taught in my father's village.

Every other teaching is wrong

Thank you

smile

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Believe in yourself, it's the best religion. big_smile

6. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I assume, when you say best, you are speaking of an outlook on life that plays well with others. I don't think any religion would fit that bill. If your religion is too nice, you're going to get stepped on;  if your religion is too sure it is the only way, you'll probably be the one stepping on others. So I guess the best choice is the one that suits an individual's personal needs.

Take all the major Religions in the World, put them into one Religious convention, and they will all agree on just one thing.

That, their religion is the right way to God or the Spiritual Universe.

How do you drive a Religious person MAD?
      Put them in a round World and tell them only preach in their corner.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL. That's funny. The joke that is. The rest is true, and sad

7. PieterTheProphet profile image61
    PieterTheProphetposted 13 years ago

I like the Love post.  That should be a religion.  Devotion to one another would seem an easy thing to do.

1. pennyofheaven profile image77
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most natural too.

2. Rajab Nsubuga profile image62
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I take my brain

8. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

There is no one religion better than the others. All religions are man made and taylored to ones prefernce.

9. Pulse101 profile image66
    Pulse101posted 13 years ago

Have a thorough knowledge first on each religions' teachings before you criticize. If you are convinced on that particular teaching, then go for it! If not... then you can say...it's better not to have religion at all! Believe in yourself!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)