Has anyone been accepted?

Jump to Last Post 51-74 of 74 discussions (224 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Hey Greek One and Shogan!! You guys are brilliant, keep it up big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. shogan profile image76
      shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes...brilliant enough to realize this is all part of a master plan.

I'll find the link before the hour is up.  I've been combing the web, and I'm almost to the end of the internet.

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a ruse, WryLilt.  I've been past that point.  You need to take a left and then a sharp right.

2. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I clarified on another Forum post what I suspected was true...

Hubpages plans to use the 500 guinea pigs to test out the system... then, when it is up and running, we come in with our Hubs and rake in the cash, baby!

It makes perfect sense... why mess around with a Beta system?  i am an ALPHA male, not a beta male

Bring in the BIG guns when you are ready to go.  Testing?  Practice?  I don't do no stinking practice!!!

Ahh...hmm...
          If we're both Alphas, it's possible that we're meant to duel.

1. Greek One profile image63

thumb war?

Ok, but I'm warning you.  This is a picture of my sister.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YU_AtKnPL5s/T … le_q85.jpg

http://www.arn.org/_idarts/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/giant-thumb.jpg

BRING.... IT....   ON!!!!

I didn't really want to thumb wrestle, anyway.
                  I'm gonna take my ball and go home now.

2. bgamall profile image68
                  bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad I saw the nail. I was confused for a moment. smile

2. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you just refer to me as a guinea pig and a beta male and practice?

Is sacrificial lamb better then a pic?

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Finally.. I got it... but I think the internet is down because it isnt working.... must call tech support

http://GreekOne-Here-Is-Your-Link

3. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

In my earnings section it says I'm currently not eligible to enroll in the HP revenue sharing program, what does this mean? I'm one of the ones who has to wait until July? I couldn't see an invite when I checked my email, bit gutted if I have to wait 3 months hmm Ah well

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chances are you won't have to wait that long - we are inviting Hubbers in waves, after all.

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that Mexican Waves!?

1. Simone Smith profile image88
          Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well they're certainly not tidal waves, and judging by the cheering and chatter, I'd say Mexican waves are a good bet smile

2. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone, HP has been a big part of my life the last 15 months, I'm even putting my day job on hold to go travelling in a month and plan on putting in even more effort - Taking my laptop with me!!

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL I am ineligible, too - so you are not alone, Richie smile

1. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got included in Hub Nuggets once, I'm surprised Misha wasn't invited yet since he is a big earner.

1. Misha profile image62

They obviously used different criteria. Interestingly enough, this seems to be a single case when higher hubscore leads to more money LOL. I did not see anybody in the 80s getting an invite, and very few in low 90s. Most are high 90s. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, Ive kept a 100 score for the last four or five days until last night.  This cycle seems to repeat every few days, so that couldn't be it.  Dang, now I've got to wait until June to publish any more Hubs!  lol

1. Misha profile image62

LOL I don't think they used hubscore alone. Have no idea what else they used though. smile

2. GarfieldGates profile image79
            GarfieldGatesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no one in the 80s, except for me... heh heh heh

1. Misha profile image62

You seem to be an exception. Congrats! smile

3. Silver Rose profile image67
            Silver Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got an invite and my hubscore is only 90.

I don't think it's anything to do with hubscore. They probably analysed the types of advertisers they had in yieldbuilder, and selected hubbers whose hubs fit the profile.

They've been using yieldbuilder for their own share of the advertising for years, haven't they? So they probably have an idea of which types of hubs (as in which niches) work best with it.

1. Misha profile image62

Certainly possible. Though I still think hubscore was a part of the equation smile

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

Me too!  But I would have been shocked if I had been invited to take part.  I could never get noticed for a Hubnugget nomination!  lol

4. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 13 years ago

Yes! I'm in! smile

Got the email today and all of the (digital) paperwork is complete! big_smile

Thanks a bunch HubPages!

5. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Could be that they want to spread the experiment out over a large number of hubs? Im sure you'll be in the next wave Wrylit is talking about. I'm praying I'm in the next one.

1. Misha profile image62

We just don't know Richie, at least not yet. When it comes, it comes, no point in worrying about it smile

1. TahoeDoc profile image79
        TahoeDocposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
        Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Misha, rightly said: "no point in worrying about it." Seeing the HubPages ad program "configure" button on my account's area could possibly be the first good sign that an invite is on the way coming. big_smile

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Yay! Got my invite. Now if I could only get more traffic... smile

Wow!  Funny how many of the Elite were randomly chosen out of 500 Hubbers!  lol

1. Misha profile image62

LOL I guess you nailed the algo, Randy! big_smile

I'm sure it's just coincidence, but hey, they deserve it for that god-awful title they are hung with. wink

2. Haunty profile image74
        Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Randomness includes all possibilities. wink

Just to make you smile - I'm not in.

What did you do wrong this time, Haunty?  Me, I can understand, but you? You're a home boy!  lol

7. TahoeDoc profile image79
    TahoeDocposted 13 years ago

I've got 2 hubnugget winners, a top-of-the-class winner, and a low 90 score. Don't think any of those were factors, LOL.

Then there's this lucky dude/dudette with a score in 70s with 2 accounts included (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69309), go figure--- all of the theories are ???

P-a-t-i-e-n-c-e, I tell myself (note to self: I really only want it 'cause it's new and shiny, not because I have a giant number of hubs that will benefit)......Hopefully, next time. big_smile

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I received my invitation and would love to participate, but I can't get a paypal account - who knows why. (Every other affiliate program will do direct desposit, so it's never been an issue worth pursuing.) But I will let HP know, so it can give my spot to someone else.

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's almost the most bizarre thing I've heard on HubPages today. (I mean, the part about you not being able to get a PayPal account - not the part where you graciously offer your spot back to HP.)  It runs a close second to another thread. How could you not get an account?  The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

2. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second Aficionada's post - Nelle, how could you not be accepted in PayPal? Can you not have someone else (like a close friend or relative or someone close) put up an account for you in another computer then you just give your details then take over after everything is up and running?

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More information, please, Nelle - I've never heard of anyone being turned down before, ever.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm really not the only one, there are other people who have had trouble with paypal, for a whole host of reasons. I know several personally.

(It's probably my shady past that I've been hiding from all of you.)

1. lrohner profile image68
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although I haven't had any problems with PayPal, I know way too many people with horror stories. Accounts frozen on a whim for six months or more at a time, them accusing people of money laundering or some other nonsense (true -- and lots of folks I know had that happen), and most of the time, it happens because a user has the audacity to change any information on their account -- usually a change of address or banking info.

I moved this past year and didn't update my address with them because I knew it would provoke a freeze on my account. I just switched banks last week, and I'm petrified to change that info as well with them, so no bank transfers for me for a while. I'm stuck with using the debit card.

Demand Media pays by PayPal only, and their writers have been raising a huge ruckus for months asking them to change because so many people are having problems.

I understand why HP chose PayPal for now, but I hope that's not going to be the only option going forward. I'm also interest to know if we're going to get hit with PayPal fees when we get paid, although hopefully HP has already sorted that out.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Irohner,

I've heard some of the horror stories about Paypal also, however, I have an account with them. Then again, I also have accounts in other online payment methods too.

1. lrohner profile image68
              lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been lucky I guess. I've used them for my Demand Media pay and a few other client) for a couple of years and haven't had a problem yet. *knock on wood*

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never had any problems with Paypal and I've been using them for quite a while now. wink

9. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

I can't wait to get this up and running, but gonna have to I guess. Nelle I think you just opened a door for someone, which is awesome. I really figured you'd be able to take advantage of it and we would all see great threads from you on the progress.

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Bizarre but true, happened several years ago. If other people received the payments, it would mess up their tax reporting - and I just don't play games like that. So I'll sit this one out.

Don't worry about me, I've got over a thousand affiliate programs to play with right now and lots more I can join.

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I haven't got an invite yet. sad

You are in very excellent company!  sad  Read up above. (Maybe previous page.)

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Have you ever been banned, Earnest?  lol

12. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Got mine!  Thanks, HP.

The only problem I had was getting into paypal - I haven't used it in 2 years or so and couldn't remember the password.  They kept saying they sent emails to reset it, but I never got any of them.  Finally took care of it via phone.

13. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 13 years ago

I got mine,  Thanks HubPages!

14. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Has anyone outside the US got invites I wonder?

Also when this thing rolls out - I guess we will be able to opt out - or will it be imposed as the 'price' of using Hubpages ?

Just read the threads.  These things have already been discussed.

smile

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No time - this morning I have put up a new hub, put two new websites online, answered all the forum queries in my affiliate site, and soon have to leave to go and teach 300 nurses oral English for four hours.  I was hoping some kind soul might just enlighten me instead of having to root through all the self-congratulatory stuff, the dejected faces of those who have not been chosen,  the speculation and lipsmacking - you know how it is when you are busy . . .

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm in!

16. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

All set up! Hope there is an upward swing in the new HP Ad program. Earnings have dropped. lol

17. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

In five years or so I have had one minor issue with Paypal and that got sorted with a telephone call - and the call was relatively easy to initiate, unlike my major high street bank who are uncontactable at any time, do not answer emails, lose paperwork that I have sent them with great difficulty from China - and then just don't send the agreed card or information because they 'forget' - which starts the whole process of not being able to contact them up yet again.  Get a Paypal account !

18. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

Got my invite. Took a bit to fill out everything on my phone, but it's all done. smile

Those who haven't gotten an invite will get theirs sometime down the road. In the meantime, instead of worrying I guess it's back to writing hubs. I mean, that's all we've had to do before to make money and now that this program is afoot, it's more motivation to write!

Anyway, even if you don't get an invite until July, hubs that you write tomorrow or even next week will be all cozy in the search engines, ripe for even more profit!

19. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

I'm all signed up too! smile

20. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

MASSIVE EARNINGS with HubPages Ad Program?:

I've got my first earnings with the HubPages Ad Program of a mighty $0.80 but that was for less than 12 hours so we'll see how it goes on a full day.  It takes so little effort to set up it seems like a really good deal.  Well done HubPages!

All I want now is my original traffic back (over to you Mr Google!).

21. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Huh, I earned more in about 6 hours yesterday from HubPages Ad Program than I did all day from Adsense, although that doesn't say a whole lot, since my Adsense earnings have been crap for weeks. I usually do better in summer and fall, so it will be interesting to see how they compare in a few months.

22. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

nope... looking EVERYWHERE.. but can't find my invite

http://malocite.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/head-up-ass.jpg

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are probably carving out your invite on a 6ft high limestone stela that will be hand delivered to your house, Greek One. After all, what is 30 years to an ancient one? Also you can bury it with you in your tomb, for someone to excavate in 2000 years?

if some SOB tries to log on to my account in 2000 years with my password, I'm going to go all 'Crazy Mummy' on their ass!

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.95696666.jpg

1. CMHypno profile image82
          CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Still guarding your $0.034 Adsense earnings even in death! Greek One you are a legend! (and you look great in linen LOL!)

23. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Greek One, looks like you're being kept in the dark! smile

24. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

I got an invite and I'm signed up. (Thanks HubPages) From what I see it looks like I'm making revenue at the top of the earnings graph but when I check by days it shows O earnings. Anybody else experiencing this?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)