What do you think of Charlie Sheen?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (36 posts)
  1. wormdo profile image61
    wormdoposted 13 years ago

Anyone following my hubs lately is probably aware that I really don't like Charlie Sheen. I'll spare you a lecture but to sum up, I think the man is a tasteless, misogynist, violent maggot and while I'm not surprised that he's getting so much publicity and attention for it, I'm saddened that people seem to have forgotten the terrible things he's done so easily.

What do you think of him? Do you think he's doing all this for publicity or is he genuinely just crazy? Do you like him?

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Jim Morton said it best:

"Charlie Sheen is indeed a warlock; he took a 2 million dollar a week job and made it disappear."

Lol

1. tritrain profile image70
        tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was "Two Men and a Half-wit"

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
          Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You make that up? Thats pretty funny.

1. tritrain profile image70
            tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, no, it was our local editorial comic writer.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
              Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol, thats why I had to ask. Because I was going to say you better get that published.

2. profile image50
      cosanposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  2. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

The media and the publics appetite for human degradation is disgusting!

My gosh is like human kinds nature in a mirror.

The guy needs help. After the laughing and critism Charlie afterall is someone son ,someones brother and a human being.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is disturbing to see the attention, and now the jokes everywhere. I guess I have a different standard for what I find humorous.
      He's obviously a mentally unbalanced human who is in denial of his problems.

1. profile image0
        Precious Williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.  I wrote a hub yesterday about how mental illness isn't a lughing matter.  I talked about Charlie Sheen.  He is probably all the things that people have said about him and more - but to see the personal distingration played out before us could never be said to be humorous.

wormdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right that there is nothing funny about it. The way we as a society treat mental illness is appalling.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes and I think it shows once again the irresponsibility of the media in general.

Freedom of speech is one thing ,an insatiable appetite and curiousity for another humans mental health is quite another.

3. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Charlie has his faults but he is not the only one

That's true. However, I would call beating multiple women up a little more than a "fault", wouldn't you?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76

I think that says more about the laws in America,or the lack of good ones perhaps?

I'm unclear on what you mean? I do think Sheen should have served prison time for his abuse (I believe he has only done probation and forced rehab time), but I don't think we can blame the legal system for Sheen being abusive to his partners. The responsibility lies with him.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76

I totally agree with you ,but my point was (which you answered) was if justice had of been adequately served in the first place,perhaps we wouldnt still be witnessing this 'manbrat' and his high profile!

2. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes sir, I agree

4. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

On the one hand, I do like that Sheen is giving the CBS execs the middle finger in a big way.  It's entertaining to me because it is obviously something that a lot of actors would love to do.  On the other hand I agree that he seems to be unbalanced and out of control.  I really think all the drugs and alcohol have short-circuited his brain somewhat and he needs some sort of medical attention.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"It's entertaining to me because it is obviously something that a lot of actors would love to do."

Yes, but it's infuriating that verbally attacking the CBS execs is what finally got him fired. If you look at the timeline, the CBS execs were totally willing to overlook the fact that he was routinely threatening and beating up wives, girlfriends, and prostitutes, but as soon as he starts badmouthing them, oh no, can't have that! Frankly, it's disgusting.

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You make a very good point, kerryg. 

When will people learn that poor behavior equals poor character and deserves appropriate consequences rather than rewards?

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Welcome to the world of Charlie Sheen. Welcome to Ja**a**!!

6. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Charlie has lost the plot ,and that seems to make for good television?

If thats the case ,many TV channels will have years and years of 'so called news'

7. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 13 years ago

It's like we're all standing around watching a train heading for a bridge that's long since been washed out and no one is screaming stop.

Charlie is a talented but very troubled actor. Unfortunately, he appears to be spiraling out of control. I hope it doesn't end in his death like so many others from Hollywood.

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I never watched 2 1/2 Men, not my thing and I'm not into celebrity.  But I did see a glimpse of an interview in which he came across as possibly the most up themself people I have seen.

Extraordinary.  A case of believing your own hype I guess.

Anyway, must crack on - got some fantastic brilliant pages to write so worthless people can read them and think how fantastic I am.

Now, where's my crack pipe?

9. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Can't you just picture Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Brittany Spears and Pamela Anderson all in the same room at the same time? smile What a matchup!

10. KAYKAYKAYLA profile image40
    KAYKAYKAYLAposted 13 years ago

Oh my God they would probably come out of that room thinking that they where abducted by aliens.

11. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

he's my hero!!!! Seriously  he could be just messing with people but hes probably not. I think he was so much like his role on 2 and a half men it turned him crazy!

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

At first I didn't pay attention.
    Later I had some sympathy for him.
    Later still, I lost the sympathy.
    After that, I stopped paying attention (except for seeing this thread a few times and eventually deciding to post, of course  hmm

Having said that, I really think there should be some kind of thing where someone could get a court order against media covering people going through this kind of thing (showing clear signs of a mental-health issue), as part of not fueling things while they're in that "mode" and as part of kind of protecting them from all the stuff that results from these giant, public, melt-down, type of things.  If someone were acting like he has mental-health problems, he'd get a little protection.  If he were faking it and just trying to get attention it wouldn't work.

13. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

He's just like any other dude, but he has a lot of cash.... Not really interested in E!, don't really know whats going on and what is true, so I don't really care. Hope he pulls through though.

14. super-man profile image61
    super-manposted 13 years ago

I dont really care... as long as he doesn't try to hit on me

15. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

The sad part is that we create a charlie sheen every time we tune in. Micheal vick , mike tyson , marilyn monroe ......whats the diff?  Idiots with money are still just idiots.

16. NateSean profile image64
    NateSeanposted 13 years ago

I think it's ironic that we write about a guy we hate, because he's a top search item in the media right now. wink

I don't hate Charlie Sheen as such. I just exploit him for hub page hits.

17. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Charley is an addict, mentally unstable, justifying his actions to the world. He is acting like an addict would in every case. Mel Gibson follows suit.

Until he addresses his addiction, gets out of denial and justification, we can expect more of the same. There is no new news here.

18. lyndre profile image60
    lyndreposted 13 years ago

Leaves a good shine on coffee table.

Oops sorry that,s Mr Sheen

19. celebritie profile image69
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

He's one of the best actors in the world and now everyone knows it, so I would expect a book deal and a movie of his life being made pretty soon.

Charlie Sheen is Hot!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)