Another Liberal Cheating The Government Out Of Taxes

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (51 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image59
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 … port-says/

Yes he talks about how the rich should pay more yet he can't even pay what is due! Hypocrites! ! Lol

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yawn

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You took the time to post "yawn"?

How very brave of you.

Not very, but then neither is making post that claim one thing and then back it up with something that  says something entirely different.

***************YAWN***************

****************YAWN****************

2. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you even read the articles you post?

"The IRS prematurely filed this lien even though Mr. Scorsese had an agreement with the IRS to make payments and was fully complying," Dart said. "As of this moment, the entire amount is full paid, and he has no current IRS debts."

1. lady_love158 profile image59
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That quote is from his lawyer ... what's he supposed to say. Beyond that even if that's true the fact remains he was making payments as an agreement after having been caught by the IRS. I am constantly astounded by libs lack of reading comprehension! Lol

1. livewithrichard profile image73

Are you saying that Fox News didn't follow up on the lawyers assertion?  LOL oh yea, Fox News doesn't follow up on any facts they, like most hmm hmm conservatives, just fling crap at the wall just to see where it lands and then run with it.

I'm astounded by the inability certain conservatives have to make a point or start a conversation without using biased links to somehow give them some credibility. 

Can you just say what you want to say in your own words without resorting to the support of your Beck and Limbaugh army... Do you have an original thought?  I assume not since you barely have 3 hubs in 6 months on a writer's site.

1. junko profile image68
            junkoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Richard: I know you know that If links wasn't needed, as many time as your request has been repeated, there would atlease be less links.

2. lady_love158 profile image59

Lol! How convenient you just bypassed the fact that he was making payments after having been caught cheating... and how would you suggest Fox follow up on the lawyers claim, by asking the IRS? I'm sure the IRS reports on all agreements to third parties! And you say I don't have original thoughts! Lol

What a tool....  Obviously you read what I am DB Cooper posted since you commented on it, there is no reason for me to rewrite it.  I didn't see one word mentioned of him "cheating" in that Fox New article or the New York Post where Fox stole it from.  You see, just like you Fox News can't come up with an original thought either.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_407.gif

3. SMOMarketingWiz profile image59
      SMOMarketingWizposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Govt. should renew its revenue laws for the betterment of people.

2. simeonvisser profile image69
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Fox News smile

1. AnnCee profile image66
      AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This kneejerk dismissal of reality is damaging to the psyche.

Yes but try to convince Lady Love of that if you can.

3. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Ha!  Not just underbelly chronicler  and uber leftie Scorsese.

Al Pacino is the subject of a $188,283.50 IRS lien for taxes dating from 2009 and 2008, according to Los Angeles County Recorder's Office records.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/i … z1G1xeKPZp

Oh shoot that reminds me. . .  it's spring.  Time to donate blood, sweat and tears to Uncle Sam.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

That's the Faux News MO.
    Put the lie in the headline and the tease.
    Bank on the fact that 99% of your viewers will stop absorbing information as soon as their anti-everybody-and-everything biases are confirmed.

"Martin Scorsese Hit With $2.85M Tax Bill, Report Says"

Wheres the lie?

I mean other than the one you just spewed forth.

That he wasn't paying it, simple.

See above.

5. AnnCee profile image66

Al Ose, Regional Director for Americans for Fair Taxation, wrote a recent letter pointing out the Hypocrisy of the left.

Letter to the Editor.

You have my permission to publish this letter.

One of the taxes eliminated by the FairTax is the estate tax. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates' father, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and George Soros have all requested that we keep the estate tax.

If you look at their publicized financial records you will find that their money is protected from the IRS through trusts or foundations.

For example Sen. Kennedy has $500 million in trusts based in Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and the bulk of it in Fiji.

The Kennedy oil company operating in five states, once called Kenn Oil, is now named The Arctic Oil Royalty Trust.

George Soros "holds the bulk of his billions in tax-free overseas accounts."

The ultra-wealthy pay lobbyists six-figure incomes to offer campaign contributions to legislators. The legislators in return make changes to our tax code that benefits the wealthy. The legislators use the contributions to get re-elected. If a legislator is against tax reform you should be able to figure out why.

The NRF doesn't want to collect the FairTax although they already collect a sales tax in 45 states and the District of Columbia. The FairTax would require only 16 million retailers to collect and remit the FairTax. Our current system makes them and every other business and individual to maintain records and report to the IRS. That is over 200 million reports to the IRS as opposed to just 16 million retailers reporting to their states with the FairTax.

Of those who become educated about the FairTax, 85 percent approve.

Privacy is one of the major benefits of the FairTax. The government and your accountant would no longer know more about you than your children do. Visit www.fairtax.org.

6. AnnCee profile image66

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2Zqa8hHFcqE/SdNKSPv7_XI/AAAAAAAABYw/A1KZxB-I_Y8/s400/Obama+tax+cheat.jpg

7. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

tax cheaters are heroes.

I hope they continue to get away with it.

I dream of a day where I pay no taxes.

Do you also dream of the day when you pay for police protection and the gated enclosure?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image62
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

John, you know damned well that Police and the sort can be paid through a private market.

Sorry, but it's just a waste responding to posts like these.

Yes but at a much greater cost, or are you so rich that cost doesn't bother you?

Think of it, the wages for a man 24 hours of the day, 365 days of the year, about $50,000 a year without expenses! Blimey, you're rich, lend me a tenner!

It wouldn't cost more. It would, at worst, cost the same.

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll be dead before it happens. lol

8. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

"Another Liberal Cheating the Government out of Taxes"

Let's get something straight. People who don't pay taxes aren't "cheating the government out of taxes".

The government is cheating US out of the money WE earn.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

US meaning you and me, not "the USA" smile

Well since WE and US are the USA and the GOVT then we're cheating ourselves or paying ourselves with our own money and other people's money smile Wait, who does the money belong too again?

1. Misha profile image63

I beg to differ. I am neither the USA, nor the GOVT. Yet I have to pay or go to jail.

Or get deported... smile

Indeed - obey or have your rights stripped from you.

Government isn't very friendly.

And anarchy is hardly a safer option.

1. Misha profile image63

Safety is a very relative thing, and cannot serve as a goal. smile

lol it's not a goal it's a defense. Without Govt, the guy with the biggest guns makes the rules, right?

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

I would bet my bottom dollar that private organizations would be a better system than the current government-run system.

1. wormdo profile image60
                    wormdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure it would work better for the lucky few who could afford it.

9. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Did anyone actually read the full Fox News story and then follow-up with some more research on the subject? This whole thing centers around Kenneth Starr (not Ken Starr), an accountant who catered to many big names in Hollywood. This is NOT like the Wesley Snipes situation, where Snipes was convinced by an accountant that he didn't have to pay income taxes so he didn't, and now he's in prison. Oddly enough, Starr had warned Snipes that he did have to pay his taxes (and was probably trying to grab him as a client), and he was a key witness for the government in the case against Snipes. Starr did the annual taxes for various celebrities, had them write him a check for the tax bill, and then he was cashing those checks for himself and not paying the IRS. The celebrities were not profiting from Mr. Starr's scheme.

Even though they were defrauded to the tune of millions of dollars, the celebrities are still on the hook to the IRS, even if they can't recover the money from Mr. Starr. There's a reason why this story is "Scorsese hit with tax bill" and not "Scorsese arrested for tax fraud". They were the victims of Kenneth Starr, and if you're a libertarian I guess you'd say they were the victims of the IRS as well.

When the authorities came to arrest Kenneth Starr they found him hiding in a closet, so naturally they assumed his was either a Republican politician or Elian Gonzalez. When arguing for a lighter sentence after Starr was convicted, his attorneys actually said that Starr's clients were "incredibly wealthy individuals with millions of dollars of discretionary funds. None of these victims were 'ruined' financially by Mr. Starr's conduct."

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you suggesting that LaLo made a post with a deceptive title?

Again.

2. lady_love158 profile image59

Awww... now I feel bad for trashing another liberal! Oh well... I'll get over it!  Lol!
      Good post thanks for the info.

10. Randy Godwin profile image62
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Ah, the latest edition of LaLo's Daily BS Report!  Stay tuned for more of the same bovine excretion tomorrow!  lol  I hope they aren't paying her much to post this stuff here every day!

1. Misha profile image63

I think LMC is getting paid more big_smile

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I JUST got started wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)