Could we have a australian hub camp??

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (40 posts)
  1. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Mainly for us aussies! I would like to suggest that we have our own hubcamp and invite others too!!!

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, Melbourne meetup (but not hubcamp yet) planned for Feb 2011. Please visit http://www.meetup.com/HubPages/ to RSVP!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I'm all for that!

3. TerryGl profile image58
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

Hervey Bay Queensland sounds just the right place.

You can then go whale watching when its all finished!!

4. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

are there many of us???

5. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

I'd go if it were in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto - I kinda already asked my hubby if he wants to babysit for a weekend if there's a hubcamp....

2. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that  because you like the dark side?? LOL.

6. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

Let's face it, Australia is a big country and it is unlikely any place chosen is going to suit all the Aussie hubbers. But why not start with a forum post to find out how many of us there are? Maybe we could do a video conference at least.

1. gramarye profile image61
      gramaryeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah! better to meet in person. Video conference is not the same!

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I will see when the MCG is available lol

8. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

We're currently reviewing potential HubCamp locations and are looking into it big_smile - check in the HubCamp forum for any updates!
    We're pretty much game to go anywhere if there are enough hubbers who would be able to attend.  I'll do some research to try and see if there are a decent number of hubbers in the area.

9. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

Geographically and strategically speaking, Sydney is a central location. Flights are cheap nowadays, and if people sign up to the Jetstar newsletter they might even find themselves able to fly from Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Adelaide to Sydney for very cheap if they have special deal on (which is why you'd sign up for the Jetstar newsletter, I booked a flight for my brother from Brisbane to Sydney for $9 recently).

10. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I think if we are doing one in Australia, we should pick a central location in between that country and HP's head offices...

somewhere like Toronto, Canada... where all the Aussies can get to with minimal effort.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure how having one somewhere else constitutes having one in Australia, but if that's the case then Hawaii is probably better situated.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sydney is a better option for me, have relo's in Syd, so my accommodation would be sorted big_smile

11. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Count me in too.....I'll dig a hole and I'll be in Australia in about 6 months ( A rough estimate, as I haven't dug a hole all the way to Australia before!)....put a couple of shrimp on the barbie for me!

So, where exactly HAVE you dug a hole to before?

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Erm....I dug up an ants nest in my back garden and that's it lol!

Maybe try and dig through to China first for practice.... since so many people try, it must be the easiest one to start on...

12. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

good oh, we could go to an island on the whitesundays or somewhere wonderful!!!!

Hire a yatch if theres not too many of us!!

1. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or if we've got enough americans, we could take them outback and see if they can survive in the NT.

lol

13. WoodsmensPost profile image61
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

What about one in Secondlife? Everyone knows what that is don't they?  I would be up for that or a webinar. Something different for those who could only attend online

Sorry, hate that game. WHEN I can make it load on my computer!

14. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

I'm up for one in Sydney but willing to travel if necessary. North to Queensland would be good. smile

15. gramarye profile image61
    gramaryeposted 13 years ago

Hi everyone, I've been really busy lately, but just popped into the forums to see what's going on and found this discussion.

COUNT ME IN!

Maybe we could all meet in Alice Springs ha ha, seriously, Sydney or Melbourne is best from Adelaide.

16. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

We are in WA , however it depends when you have it as to where we will be !
    Explore between Perth , the Kimberlies Darwin etc throughtout next year !
    Be good to get to one !
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4076481.jpg

Never know who or what we will meet on the way !

17. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Since there are a decent number of you interested in doing a HubCamp, and since the HubPages team is going to be tied up with other locations for about the next six months, would any of you be interested in organizing one with our assistance?  We could provide materials, support, and possibly even be present via Skype or some equivalent.  Are you interested?

18. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 13 years ago

I'm in Melbourne and would go to Hubcamp in Melbourne but wouldn't travel far away to other states (am broke). Cheers.

19. ross670daw profile image60
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

Definitely count me in. Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane are all good, especially Brisbane, need to get away for awhile. Simone, I reckon Darkside and WryLilt would make excellent candidates.

20. Sarah Masson profile image60
    Sarah Massonposted 13 years ago

I'm also in Melbourne. I don't really know much about Hubcamp but sounds interesting smile

21. jennysbus profile image60
    jennysbusposted 13 years ago

I have just joined from sydney. Sounds great. i would travel to any destination in australia. I am looking forward to learning more.

22. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 13 years ago

Visit http://www.meetup.com/HubPages/ to RSVP for the Melbourne meetup (no hubcamp yet, but beer is involved)

1. ross670daw profile image60
      ross670dawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good onya Suzanne, Just signed up, beer involved, I'm there.

Great to hear it, beer is always a good uninhibitor....

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beer is nice as a side concern, but I am in too!

Beer, smokes, parma, whatever, it's going to be great!

23. kiwitom profile image51
    kiwitomposted 13 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but Perth is really nice this time of year:)

And only a couple of thousand Kms from everywhere!

1. wytegarillaz profile image59
      wytegarillazposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So it is ! Am only 4 hours away !!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)