I'm stuck for images.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 13 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get myth and fantasy images.
    My main project right now is telling the old Welsh legends on You Tube but I'm stuck for good images to add to the dialogue. I have a lot of tales still to tell and two of the current tales that I have up are only half told. the thing that is holding me back is where do I find appropriate images.
    Any suggestions will be very welcome.

1. NateSean profile image65
      NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You could try googling it and sifting through the images responses.

2. Indiabusiness11 profile image60
      Indiabusiness11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

go to google images or bing image search. you will find nice one.

1. 2uesday profile image65
        2uesdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have always thought that if you do this you may be using an image that is copyrighted.

Many of my photos from HubPages have ended up on Google images that does not mean I feel happy about people using them on their own pages and articles or even as profile pics.

Now some may say tough, that is the nature of the internet. But I would say, if it is wrong to use people's words and text without consent and to produce duplicates of them, then to my mind it is also wrong to just use images that are not offered freely.

1. Indiabusiness11 profile image60

Yes all images on google are taken from internet. If you want original you have to save that image and edit in photoshop. a little change will make it you own image. If you have photoshop knowledge this is simple for u.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You still have to make sure the photograph is not copyright protected. If you don't you are stealing.

Yes that i am saying. If you do few changes on that image and use it tjat is not called stealing untill anyother person use your modified image in his own things. If you modify image then that is copyright protected by only. If you want you can use your name, your company name or anything else in your image backgroung to make copyright.

1. SiddSingh profile image58
                SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where did you get this information - it is TOTALLY wrong!

Obviously, you have no knowledge of how copyrights work.

Its not wrong. I have done it many times. No problem at all i got till now. I think you are taking it in wrong way or not get what did i tell.
                  For example: if you search in google for blank buttons or blank banners related to any theme. You will find hanging blank banners, holding by someone or many kind of image. Just save the image write whatever you want on that blank space and use on yor site. This will not be claimed by anyone. Even google also do not create any issue for copyright.

You still have to check if it for commercial use and if it can or cannot be changed. Otherwise you can open yourself up to a lawsuit.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image72
      BlissfulWriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All images on the web are copyrighted by default and automatically.  You can not use them.  Unless the image explicitly says that you can.  This is United States copyright law as well as the copyright law of many other countries.

Make sure the images you find are either "creative common" or "public domain" so that you can use them.

Here is where you can find free stock images...
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Where-Get-Free-Stock-Images

And here is how you find "creative common" images on flickr that you can use ...
      http://learnwebtutorials.com/find-creat … lickr-blog

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Have you tried wiki commons? I've found some good stuff on there.

3. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

I google for "name/topic of interest" + image + "public domain" and find quite a few images to use. Long ago I stumbled on a collection of public domain images, which was based on scans of illustrations from old books. Sorry, I cannot remember any more, but perhaps some searches targeting resources like that might come up trumps.

4. flighty02 profile image67
    flighty02posted 13 years ago

If you go to my hub which tells where to get free stock photos there is a site listed on there where you can get fantasy images... good luck

5. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I have never used this photo site and am not sure they will have pics. on the theme you want, but I bookmarked it in case I ever want to use images that are not my own.

I put a gap in as I am not sure if I should put a 'live' link here.

ht tp://www.freerangestock.com/

6. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 13 years ago

Wikipedia maintains a long list of sites that host public-domain images.

If you are using a Creative Commons image you must check the license. Many CC-licensed images specifically state they are not to be used for commercial purposes, and if you are making money from something, even indirectly, that may be considered a commercial use.

Sorry, I pal around with lawyers a lot, LOL.

7. truthfornow profile image70
    truthfornowposted 13 years ago

I just use my own pictures.  I take lots of pictures with camera and cell phone.  No need to worry about copyrights.  And you never know when a particular image might before useful.

8. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

There are a lot of images in the books in Project Gutenberg

an image search brings up plenty

http://www.google.co.th/images?q=welsh+ … mp;bih=633

All out of copyright

Great one smile

9. TKIMWRSVC profile image60
    TKIMWRSVCposted 13 years ago

Wikimedia Commons is where I tend to pull images for photomanipulation
    I only like to use ones in the Public Domain, I do like to avoid Creative Commons (CC) images simply to reduce my attributions. I would rather Public Domain or my own vice someone else s, even with their permission.

10. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 13 years ago

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the replies, I now have an extensive list of resources.
    Seems to me that this is what the Hubpages community is all about, mutual aid and support. Not the mindless bickering that sometimes takes place on the forum.
    Thanks once again and if I can be of help to anyone I will be sure to pay my gratitude forward.

11. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I found a great site for images yesterday. There are free version you can use with only attribution back to the owner. You have to agree to this part and it is free.

They also will sell you the rights to use the image however you want for a very small one time fee. $2-$10 range.

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)