Do you have a ghost story to share?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Rich Inkman profile image61
    Rich Inkmanposted 13 years ago

When I was younger, my mother and father would often tell me of this ghost story.  When they were looking at houses shortly after they were married,  There was this one house with a long lane. 

It was a fairly big house and the realtor had met them at the house just before dusk.  There was just one small problem, there were no lights in the house so the realtor had to bring a light bulb with him. 

They started in the kitchen and the realtor climbed his ladder and screwed in the light bulb so that my parents could get a better view and not just use the flashlights that they brought with them. 

Everything looked good so they continued throughout the house, stopping in each room and continuing to screw in the light bulb and unscrewing it.  Before going up to the attic, my mother noticed a calendar that was old, out dated and covered with dust.  On the way back down from the attic, there was a new, up to date calendar hanging in that very place where that old calendar hung just a few minutes ago!!! 

Well that about sent my mother into a panic attack.  She wanted to get out of there as quick as she could so she told my father that she had seen enough and she was ready to go.  So the realtor got into his car and left with my parents right behind them. 

Once they reached the end of the lane, my mother turned back to take a final look at the house and every single room in the house was lit up bright as day!!!!  As they sped away from that house, it would be the last time they every went near it again. 

Years later, they house was still abandoned and then was torn down.  No one ever lived in it after that night.  I wonder why???

I would love to hear from you if you have a ghost story to share

1. FSally profile image55
      FSallyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rich,
      Gives me the jitters! - point is your parents were really lucky to have received the signals that told them this was not a good buy.
      I lived in a haunted house for years and this happened in Singapore. The story is the house that lies on the crossroads will be the point of entry for spirits to enter. My house faced the road and I can tell you one thing...I saw plenty of these spirits, heard voices and more.
      Just 10 minutes from where I live here in NJ is another house that lies on the crossroads and I have never asked the owners but there is always a "FOR SALE" sign posted on the yard almost every year. I have always wondered whether they have seen spirits too because I cannot imagine why the occupants leave all the time.

I am glad your parents never bought that house. Say it is their good Karma that had them protected. smile

Rich Inkmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm glad they never bought the house either!  I have personal stories of spirits and other things that I have witnessed in my past, but wanted to start out with this one cause it gives me chills every time I hear it.

I'll probably share some of these stories later.

That is weird about the crossroads.  1st I heard about that.

Thanks for sharing!

2. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

I once saw a spirit that was as white as ever.  However, when I opened the screen door it said "trick or treat!"  Just kidding!!

lol, that is a good one!  Thanks for the laugh.

3. WoodsmensPost profile image63
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

A person I know was working as a cleaner for a College during the night shift recently. On this one particular night he was asked to clean a large office building. This building, located on the campus, is an old Mansion converted into 3 floors of offices.

This old mansion has many instances of unexplained activity by other house cleaning staff, usually just comments that the place is haunted and that they hear things. This puts a good scare into the night cleaning staff of the building and none of which have been harmed by any supposed ghosts.

Many staff claim they turn on all the lights when cleaning this old MAnsion style office.

Now back to my co worker, I'll call him Don for now, was in the locked  building where he hung his jacket on the stair railing and went to the top floor to do some final cleaning. He said he was the only person in the building because when he got there all the lights were off and the alarm was set.

He began by saying later in the evening he went to the top floor for some last minute cleaning. When he was in an office on the 3rd floor with his back to the hallway, all of a sudden he heard a faint whisper "Hello" he turned and saw nothing, but the hair on the back of his neck stood straight up.

This scared him enough to decide to exit the building, he had had enough for one night. To his surprise when he reached the bottom floor he found his jacket in a frump on the bench next to the door.

He shut the rest of the lights off, reset the alarm and exited the building where he came and shared his story. Semi bald his hair was sticking straight up with eyes wide open.

Seems as tho Don had a visit from the friendly ghost in the Mansion office building and he now believes the stories that the office building is haunted. He will probably turn on all the lights in the house the next time he has to clean it.

Office buildings always scare me anyway.  Maybe because the building is so large.

Great story though, thanks for sharing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)