What is your exercise routine?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (42 posts)
  1. sumitparihar profile image40
    sumitpariharposted 13 years ago

I love doing exercises.I practice yoga,meditaion and many more
    exercises. I like walking,rope skipping,cycling,dancing.I used to change my routine so that i might not get bored.
    what do u do?just want to share so that may be i'll something new..

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Getting out of bed is my exercise usually....

I've just started to do weights, because the reasoning I have is that all this whale fat and blubber I have acquired could be turned into solid muscle with a little controlled effort.

I now run to the takeaway at the top of my street which is only 3 minutes away.

I try and spin a donut like a hula hoop too, although it usually falls to bits!

2. profile image0
      wendy87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My day start with 2km walk after that yoga in my garden for 1/2 hour.then in the evening i goes to gym for about 1-2 hours .i think this makes my cheeks more reddish....:-D

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I weightlift been mostly chest/bieps exercises. My legs are garbage compared to my upper body. (have not worked legs because of lack of equipment, and motivation for lower body)

Lately :
      Bench press
      alternating bicep curls
      Incline Bench press
      shoulder press (need to work on)

Wish I could workout legs, but don't have room to add a leg extension to my Olympic Bench press..  sad

1. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
        Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so so so lazy compared to you.........

4. profile image0
      fit2dayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have as much of a routine as I did a year ago, which was lifting and running 5 days a week. I have really gotten into creative ways to workout lately. I just started TRX training a week ago and some of the exercises I've tried with it are extremely intense.
      Overall I love fitness enough to where I used to skip classes to go to the gym and in the end don't regret doing so one bit.

5. solar10 profile image60
      solar10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

badminton

6. profile image0
      CollBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Walking, stretches, jogging, cycling (when I get my bike fixed).

Walking is my most regular exercise and then jogging as I do a mini marathon which I now can do with my eyes shut haha.

Stretches are what I try to do daily.

2. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Mine is watching people actually doing the exercise on DVD.  I burn calories simply by looking at them...

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd take it a step beyond you:  Mine is thinking about the fitness DVD that's been sitting in my DVD player for a month now.   lol

In my own defense, I have a good excuse.  Getting back from a nasty, complicated, leg injury and kind of nervous about doing anything to cause a set-back.  I had been walking five out of seven days a week, and then I added the DVD workouts as a way of having a more complete workout.  I haven't felt good getting pretty much no exercise at all, so last month I finally felt brave enough to take The Big Step of putting the fitness DVD in my machine.  lol  Oh - I did look at it for about fifteen minutes one night.  lol   One of these days I fully expect to get out of my chair and do something other than THINK  about the DVDs.   lol

3. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 13 years ago

Yes, I keep saying I need to start exercising?  Have to team up with a walking partner, to be accountable..to get into a routine.  This question stings a little:)

4. know one profile image60
    know oneposted 13 years ago

Monday - weights with trainer
    Tuesday - walk 7 kms
    Wednesday - boxing with trainer
    Thurs - cycle at gym or nothing
    Fri - kicking/punching session on boxing bag or nothing
    Saturday - kicking/punching session on boxing bag
    Sunday morning - mountain hike

I like being fit and active smile

5. detectivejd profile image57
    detectivejdposted 13 years ago

Get up, stretch then back to the comp...I'm working my fingers out.

6. Brent Hale profile image60
    Brent Haleposted 13 years ago

Herschel Walker is my fitness idol, so I try and do a ton of body weight exercises like: push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, chair dips, one-legged squats, etc. Also, I jump rope for cardio.

I call this the lazy way to get in very good shape, because you never have to leave your house. big_smile

7. AvivaModel profile image59
    AvivaModelposted 13 years ago

I use the elliptical trainer, do chin-ups, run on the treadmill or outside, use the nordic track, and sometimes lift weights.

8. stacebird profile image61
    stacebirdposted 13 years ago

I try to do around an hour a day.

Here's an idea of my week:
    Mon- swim laps
    Tues- weight train 1/2hr and cardio 1/2hr (elliptical or stairstep)
    Weds- swim laps
    Thurs- same as tues OR meet my dad for raquetball
    Fri- 1hr cardio
    Sat- Zumba or bootcamp class at the gym
    Sun- 2hrs of pickup basketball

When the summer comes I'll incorporate cycling. I use to run primarily but at the ripe ol' age of 27 I'm already hearing crackling when I bend my knees!

1. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
      Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well since I do not do anything you could swim a few more laps just so I think I exercised... LOL

9. profile image52
    Micunterposted 13 years ago

My exercise routine is very simple, and my fitness expert is "African Mango" here it is ++  http://micunter.amplify.com/2011/02/22/african-mango/

10. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
    Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years ago

Enjoying Life is my exercise routine

11. TheSenior profile image61
    TheSeniorposted 13 years ago

My exercise routine is in the gym 3 times a week doing progressive weight training and walking.

See my latest hub 'to be a healthy fit strong senior citizen'.

12. adamz513 profile image57
    adamz513posted 13 years ago

variety of push ups, leg raises, crunches, twists, turns, squats. all 25 each. every other day. then stretch and play basketball every day.

13. Woman Of Courage profile image59
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

My exercise routine is weight training and crunches afterwards. I do cardios on alternate days.

14. TomC35 profile image61
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

Wake up, lift my **** to pee.
    Drink Mountain Dew and eat some donuts.
    Walk to car to drive to work.
    Routine done!

15. patsposts profile image59
    patspostsposted 13 years ago

30 minutes on the exercise bike everyday.

16. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I was at the pool this morning at 7:30 and swam several lengths.
    Okay, I admit, this new routine isn't by choice, and is only a once every two week thing.

17. American_Choices profile image78
    American_Choicesposted 13 years ago

Daily - lunges and sit-ups - and swimming in the pool as often as I can.  I just purchased swim fins - add in a fitness tool and I am a speed demon in the pool!  Watch me rip through the water!  Great cardio - great for the legs.  My upper body is already tone from the weights - need the cardio - love the cardio workout in the swimming pool!

18. xoxTamurílxox profile image60
    xoxTamurílxoxposted 13 years ago

I do an hour and a half at the gym, 5 days a week, usually 35 minutes on the bike, 20 on the treadmill and 20 on the cross trainer... Then my gyms got this wierd 'Power Plate' thing, and I do ten minutes on that as both a toning/stretching session. I've been told weights are good for you... but I pulled my back last time I tried (on 20kg) so I haven't done it since tongue

19. Shaving for Men profile image61
    Shaving for Menposted 13 years ago

30 mins a day - alternating between say a 2 mile run on one day, and basic military workout exercises on another day (press-ups, sit-ups) all bodyweight exercises so no need for equipment.
    That way there is REALLY NO excuse - it only takes 20- 30 mins, it can be done anywhere, and requires no equipment.

20. profile image58
    workout routinesposted 13 years ago

You may like to try kettlebells. I have evaluated most types of exercise equipment (e.g. dumbbells, Twiststick, BOSU, gym equipment) and these offer the most intense and effective workout routines I have ever experienced. Be warned though that to be REALLY effective you need to use heavy ones and swinging these about can be alarming if you are feeling a little tired! However I only need to train twice a week for 1.5 hours and I can keep in very good shape without too much effort.

21. tomashuhart75 profile image59
    tomashuhart75posted 13 years ago

As of right now I am prepping for some endurance events for the summer, so my lifting routine is primarily low volume utilizing only the main lifts.  I follow Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program.  It is absolutely a genius workout for maximizing strength gains for intermediate and expert level lifters and well worth the read.  I run 4 times a week.  the intensity of the runs decrease throughout the week but increase in length.  The last running day of the week is my longest and I usually go for distance around 10 miles or more.

22. healthyfitfamily profile image59
    healthyfitfamilyposted 13 years ago

I love running. Some people think it is so tedious, but I think there is no better serenity. I like to lift weights as well.

1. tomashuhart75 profile image59
      tomashuhart75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  very few things can match the rush of a good endorphin high

23. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I walk briskly for 60 to 90 minutes every morning. Then at night I do another 60 minutes of yoga. During the day I love to garden, bike, and paddle and other stuff depending upon the weather. Sometimes it's just walk around a museum for an hour in the afternoon.

24. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I jut walk and take care of my baby outside the park - it is just near here. She runs around so, I have to also run with her, not everyday though, every other day, cos I also work. I guess I don't need lots of exercise, but at least we need to move, move and move some more. That is my exercise. I also bike every Sunday pm.

25. ma45frost profile image76
    ma45frostposted 13 years ago

I run on the treadmill and sometimes do resistance training.  These activities help me get back in shape.

26. DondaJewel profile image60
    DondaJewelposted 13 years ago

Zumba of course!!

27. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I'm on my feet alot, but unfortunately that is when I am in the kitchen cooking and tasting and eating - I also walk at grocery store - usually typing these posts is about as strenuous as it gets most of the time.  Hmmmm.  . .  I guess I need to work on my exercise routine.  Chewing my food doesn't burn nearly enough calories! big_smile

28. Princessa profile image82
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

I started to do Pilates three times a week (one hour one-to-one class) about a month ago.

29. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

I do walking, jogging, swim once a week, gym three times a week. Play tennis, maybe dancing some weekends. I don't like hanging around at home much, I like to get out - get some fresh air. Music makes me wanna dance. Get some good tunes, might help! LOL!

30. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

It varies, but always a daily 20 minute walk with the dog, sometimes 2 walks.

-half hour treadmill (it's on the patio, so it's a nice view)
    -stability ball workout 3x a wk. which includes light weights.
    -daily swimming during pool season which is almost here, the water is still too chilly but the air temperature is warm enough.

-sometimes yoga, if I'm not in the mood for the ball, I go through phases.

31. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

it seems that I've seen Zumba workouts listed on the TV (Directv) schedule here in the Bay Area - does anyone know where and when on TV I can find Zumba workouts?  I can't find a list online for this area.

32. NickBirch profile image59
    NickBirchposted 13 years ago

Currently working out 3 times a week doing full body workouts smile changing up over the next 12 weeks every 3 weeks ill change so 3 full body 2 2day split then 3 day split then 4 day split to finish off smile big Mass gain drill while on an intermitten fasting diet to stay lean

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)