An American Idol Shocker

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Pia knocked off . .WTF -

as Jennifer in tears said
    "I have no idea what just happened here. I'm shocked. I'm angry. I don't even know what to say."

"We're all in shock," says Randy. "I'm gutted."

"A mistake is one thing, but a lack of passion is unforgivable," Steven says. "They're wrong."

Were you shocked?

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Shari. I am with you here. This is so wrong for Pia to be gone.  I am afraid the "teen voters" are controlling the show this year and it will end up ruining AI if this keeps up.
      And yes, I am very upset about what happened tonight.

wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too Michael, and just when I was starting to really like this year. I think Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have really brought some great judging to the show. . too bad . . last time they did something like this Latoya Johnson (or something like that) got kicked off early as did Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia won. ..
        I never watched it that long to see Fantasia win and I am afraid I wont stay around long enough to see who wins this year.

I just hate to see the show go in this direction. Like you said, Jennifer and Steven have added so much more to the show. It just lost all credibility!
          You know they added web voting this year?

They should re-check the voting.

2. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really. Idol has been known to dish out the shocker elimination. Like Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson. There is always someone to feel sorry for, and someone to hate like Sanjaya. The only difference this season is that there really isn't anyone to hate. Annoying like Paul maybe. But only a little.

I think the web voting is going to be full of flaws. It's connection with Facebook is giving away votes to contestants every time someone clicks on the ap. I have received several messages saying that I voted for Jacob Lusk, which I have never done. But, there it is on my wall.

Jacob is my least favorite. I like Stefano, James, Lauren, and Pia. But, now that Pia is gone, and Stefano is constantly in the bottom 3, there really isn't that much to get excited about. I'm beginning to think Stefano is the new Sanjaya, mainly because he is always standing next to the person that gets cut. The difference between Stefano and Sanjaya is that Stefano can sing, and is very talented, where Sanjaya had none.

Oh well, it's just another TV show. Drama is king, otherwise it would be incredibly boring, and we wouldn't be talking about it. Thus the appearance of Iggy Pop. What the hell was that?!

3. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pia is gorgeous and magnificently talented!
      I was disgusted with the vote!
      American voters are a scary lot, both in politics and talent shows.
      I am an American by birth and my America is "dumbing down!"
      Qwark

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

shocked and stunned!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh Ron .. how I miss your helmut ;(

4. Peter Owen profile image59
    Peter Owenposted 13 years ago

Just goes to show that the teen vote has nothing to do with quality of singing. Facial hair seems to get their vote, and both those guys should never have even made it to hollywood.

Personally I think either one of the blonde girls could have gotten the boot.....

5. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

I must be in the minority, but I think Pia is boring. She is a consistently good singer but she has no charisma and her stage presence is uninspiring.

However, she did not deserve to be booted....yet.

6. Peter Owen profile image59

Pia's not going away. She will get a recording contract and end up like cary underwood

first she has to go to jennifers school of dance to try to get her legs movin .. her upper body seems to want to groove.. .but she cant seem to lift her legs. . ..

2. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  She'll have a movie career and commercials up the ying yang.

She was one of my two favorites to win.

*I was hoping the Rod Stewert-wannabee would get the boot.

I know. I can't stand to listen or watch Paul. He should have already been gone.

3. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just saw that Pia has already been offered a contract.

7. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 13 years ago

OMG!  I missed the show!  Did they really let Pia go?!!!???  WHY??  Paul sucks!  Why didn't he get voted off?  He isn't even close to eye candy either.  Bummers!!  Guess I'll start rooting for....I don't know who!!!

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I was pissed. The show needs to change the way people vote.
    Haley, Lauren, Paul should already be gone..

but Pia will be fine. She probably had a contract before she left the studio. Her talent is not amateurish like some of the rest who should already be gone.

the judges need to toughen up, at least Randy is more honest.

oh well, it's tv, what do we expect? I'm sure AT&T profits from the unlimited texting for 2 hours after the show.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Recount please. I actually am following Pia Toscano and another one Thia Megia but she was booted out early on. My fav Am Idol contestant was Clay Aiken who lost to Ruben Studdard way back then. I also liked Diana DeGarmo but she lost to Fantasia

1. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thia is a good singer, and I liked her up until she sang Elton John's "Daniel" It was almost as if she were one of those olympic gymnasts, trying to do a perfect dismount, with no emotion whatsoever. Almost as if she was singing about her ... father's... brother's...cousin's.... former room-mate, and not someone she cared about. She also brooded a lot, and looked unhappy. Kind of like a stepford wife, doing only what she is told.

10. Peter Owen profile image59

I read yesterday that Pia got a recording contract the day after she was thrown out. Now they are trying to get a record released very fast so they capture all her fans before the season is over.

I saw that as well. Good for her!!!
      Maybe they can have her sing a new release song as a "Guest" for the Finale!

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

The producers from Interscope (helping contestants on the show) let her know Thursday after the show that they wanted to sign her, and got busy the next day scouting. She'll do very fine, I'm sure.  congrats to Pia!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/1 … 47133.html

her Wednesday night performance. big_smile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4dtzSGd … dded#at=14

12. Peter Owen profile image59

She will be great on record. Now she just has to take some enterainment lessons to get her body into the songs.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She has so much natural talent,  she needs a good mentor, a couple good choreographers, great producers, and her confidence will blossom. I think she has a very bright future before her. I think she already won.

13. celebritie profile image69
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

American Idol is rigged and over-rated, the UK hit singing competition the X-Factor with Simon Cowell is much better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)