The Bought presidency?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (38 posts)
  1. weholdthesetruths profile image59
    weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years ago

Obama raised and spent 750 million during his presidential cycle.  Additional political organizations, including the party, spent nearly another 100 million for Obama's campaign.   Unions and other special interests spent almost 200 million as well.  meaning the Obama presidency was BOUGHT with a BILLION DOLLAR CAMPAIGN. 

The McCain campaign had an agreement with the Obama campaign to not exceed the voluntary limits, but at the last moment, after McCain was legally obligated.... Obama changed his mind and with McCain handicapped in fund raising, outspent by more than 3 to 1.

Your purchased presidency has gotten us....   The most ignorant, corrupt, dishonest, and incompetent president... BY FAR.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.
      I remember how he even had his own tv channel during the Campaign!  It ran non-stop, 24/7, mesmerizing those people who thought he was something special, when in fact he's just a hired infiltrator.
      I wonder if Robert Gibbs is planning some "new" moves this next time.  Maybe a million hired zombies fawning at the O's feet rapping out his name to the tune of sympathy for the devil.  Please allow him to introduce himself, he's now a man of wealth and fame.....

1. DTR0005 profile image60
        DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where you been Sister Brenda?

1. profile image0

Waiting for threads that actually show some patriotism and respect for good things.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ya' mean the propaganda from LaLo & AnnCee? It must be as lonesome as a Maytag repairman.

2. DTR0005 profile image60

Don't confuse patriotism with jingoism (look it up)

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you got a source for this argument?

weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Obama campaign self reported this number.    The rest are compilations of data that were well known right after the election was over and the totals compiled.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60

No source.

The complaint that Obama was better at raising funds than McCain is kin to the complaint that Obama cheated by getting more votes.

2. lovemychris profile image76
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"right"

The operative word.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama was "bought" mostly by individual small contributors. The recent Supreme Court decisions open the door even wider to candidates being bought by corporations,special interests and the Kochsuxkers. (Credit to Lovemychris.)

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol

And, you talk about "hatefilled" rants. WOW! Gotta love the hypocrisy. hmm

3. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

The rage doesn't bother me as much as the inaccuracies.

The Obama campaign was fueled by millions of small, internet doners. Obama ran the first major presidential campaign that did NOT tap into public dollars since the public financing option as offered. That's because he was and is a 'peoples candidate' which the current republican party can't even pretend to be.

Go to opensecrets.org (a gold mine of information) then presidential and look at the numbers for yourself.

I have only facts here.    Nothing is inaccurate.

2. profile image0

The numbers can be crunched however anyone wants, and I'm not inclined to believe most of the reports anyway.
      What I do know is that America in general sold its soul to pay for Obama's Campaign.   It does no good to gain the world and lose one's soul.

1. lovemychris profile image76

We should know...it happened during Bushco. So--how does it feel?

Feels like a relief that that crowd is gone, that's how it feels.
        Feels like if we never see that crowd again, it will be too soon.
        And look---here you people are promoting that crowd again.

The people like you screamed bloody murder when Bush raised more tiny donations than Kerry  and Gore did, claiming B ush "bought" the election because he had a small advantage in spending.   

Now you can find no fault in outspending 3 to 1.   

Dishonesty, thy name is "liberal" or "Democrat".

No, the Supreme Court took care of that...loll

The supreme court did only one thing... Told the Florida Supreme court IT HAD TO FOLLOW THE LAW.    Nothing else.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61
              Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they kicked the incompetent Judges ruling to the curb.

Thats why they are Supreme.

Two of them are Tea-baggers.

That is not allowed. They are about as impartial as I am.

2. lovemychris profile image76

Oh my...you have no CLUE what Bush and co did to win that election.
            You can read all about it in the Rolling Stone.You know, the magazine your pal Ann cited in an anti-Obama rant.

Sister Brenda - here's some numbers for ya to crunch. Course the data comes from the US Treasury - I doubt you would consider that a reliable source...lolll

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4929340_f248.jpg

There's nothing difficult here.    The spending occurred most under Democrat Controlled Congresses.     Who created the out of control entitlements, and the idiotically stupid baseline b udgeting gimmick, and so on.   

Don't need your obfuscation to understand.    Just the facts.

Except under Obama's watch - until November is was a Democratic super majority in Congress and a Democrat in the Whitehouse... So which is it? Perhaps you need to exclusively blame Congress instead of the President - using your own logic of course. But that doesn't appear to be your approach given your rants against Obama...

No idea what you're complaining about, since you aren't addressing anything I am.   If you're going to talk about my "rants", all you need do is, well, quote them.   I don't have any.    I factually state that he is the most ignorant, the most incompetent, and the most corrupt we have ever had.

As do I - read on...

To factually state he is the most ignorant, the most incompetent, and the most currupt you need to supply FACTS to back those large claims up. Facts are not the following: The Scriptures, your sense of what is moral in America, etc.. If you have any hard evidence of corruption - please state it. I am certain the US Congress is anxious to hear it. This the only claim that is not subjective at its base.

It never occurred to you to have any facts concerning all the people you hatefully rail against.    Whatever fiction you or party hacks could dream up sufficed for you, so... . Your complaints.... are just hypocrisy multiplied by infinity.

The only people I rail against are Tea Partiers. It's a combination of dislike and pity with a pinch of embarassment thrown in.
                    I am embarassed because the rest of the world, a fair amount of whom used to look up to us as a beacon of reason, now look at us like we belong in a straight jacket - largely based on the Tea Party and their noise. You likely would never do this, but try reading the foreign press.
                    I don't like ideaological twits - particularly when they enter into politics. I don't like fascism either. Having studied history most of my adult life, I will say that the Tea Party is bascially a loosely-veiled fascist party.
                    Now I make that big claim of fascism, but I can back it up with facts. I can show you that the ultra far Right, the Tea Party, is no different than the ultra far Left; the results are the same. You don't have an ultra Left at the moment. You do, however, have its bi-polar opposite, the Tea Party.

3. Doug Hughes profile image60

Some people would not know a fact if it bit them on the teabag.

"Ignorant, incompetent & corrupt" are opinions unless they follow some specific report which substantiates a conclusion.

So if I say Paul Ryan is an idiot, it's pure opinion unless I proceed the comment with a critique oh his plan.

Wingnuts can't tell the difference

Reagan's Budgets and the National Debt   

Contrary to Republican claims, "The Democratic Congress" did not bust Reagan's budgets. In fact, for the first six years, Congress was not Democratic, it was half and half, and the Republican Senate had just as much say, even though the budget bill starts in the House. On top of that, Reagan got the Southern Democrats to vote with him and so he controlled the House too.
            But none of this matters because over Reagan's 8 years, Congress approved smaller budgets than he requested on average, and the deviation from what he requested averaged less than half a percent. He raised the debt by $1,860 billion and Congress reduced his budgets by $16 billion. Otherwise he would have raised the debt by $1,876 billion.
            So why do Republicans repeat this lie so often? Silly question, isn't it.

excerpt from z facts.com

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"That's because he was and is a 'peoples candidate' which the current republican party can't even pretend to be."

Peoples Republic of China maybe.

Peoples in America think he's a jackass.

O B A M A

One Big Ass Mistake America.

T E A B A G

Terminally
        Excitable
        Azzhats
        Bleating
        And
        Griping

4. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

So companies buying candidates for the GOP and their own agendas is like some kind of moral high ground?  I don't think so!

Hence the rash of bills to end the EPA and the right to choose.

Courtesy of Koch Bros and the Christian Coalition.

5. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Nice post DT

BTW--just saw Romney's add....
    He says "I don't know how we have so many unemployed....."

Well, let me remind him!!Part of it is HIS fault!
    HE got rich being a vulture...buying companies, DOWN-SIZING ie FIRING PEOPLE,then selling for a profit!

HE contributed to the unemployment, as so many of his ILK did.

NOW they want to be the saviors?

Oooohhooohooo....the GALL is palpable.

6. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

Corruption?

When I think of corruption:

I think about the voting irregularities in Florida and other areas, that got Bush into office.

I think about the truckloads of 100 dollar bills that totaled
    8 billion dollars, that disappeared in Iraq, under the Bush/Cheney admin..

I think about Bushes statement: "It's good to be among the haves and have mores".

I think of the Bush tax breaks for corporate
    America, with the promise of trickle down that never happened.

I think of the huge debt that the Bush administration left for Obama to remedy.

I think of the two wars that Bush got us into, and the needless loss of innocent lives of loved ones on all sides of the so-called dispute.

I think about how many more trillions of indebtedness Bush has laid on the backs of our children and grandchildren!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)