Where do Hubbers in the UK live?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (36 posts)
  1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

Hi to all- it seems that not many of us are managing to get to London, so in the interest of helping the wonderful hub team see that the location is right, I thought I'd ask where do people live.

I'll start. I live in Leicester (midlands near the M1)

1. cre8tive profile image81
      cre8tiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I'm in Bedfordshire, just off the M1 ~ about 1 hr south of Leicester.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Not for nothing, but didn't you answer your own question?

Where do Hubbers in the UK live? Well, they live in the UK. lol lol tongue tongue (j/k)

Sorry, I'm not a Hubber who lives in the UK, but does live in the US. tongue

CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank you for that rather pedantic lesson.
      I shall rely on the intelligence of my fellow hubbers to look beyond and infer what is required.

NB. (to me) do not start hub threads whilst you are on the phone to your mother - you need to concentrate

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are wrong, Cags.  They all live in the rain and fog!  Didn't you know that? big_smile

ok... so its rained every day this week, but fog? no ( well not yet anyway)

3. Leptirela profile image73
      Leptirelaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahaha ::: Cagsil::: you always put your foot in it :p hahaha

I live in West Yorkshire! I am always happy to attend a HubCamp... pnly I'm not sure I qualify, and I don't know why?! I think that either..hmmm

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Good thread and an important one if there is indeed to be a Hubcamp in London.
    Formerly from Scotland, it would probably be cheaper for me to jump a plane to Stanstead or whatever to attend a London meet than it would be to get to Madrid or wherever in Spain. Not that there is a Hubcamp planned for Spain I don't think.

Yes, I was just thinking  that perhaps there might be a more popular location than central London. Or, if people cant make it because of the date, maybe those of us who attend can replicate it  somewhere else- assuming we can fit the hubpages criteria which I admit i have not looked at!

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm in Manchester.
        I often wonder why those organising conferences and the like, in the UK, where attendees are likely to be from across the country, all ways choose the most expensive and over crowded part of the country for their venue.
        Choose the Midlands or the North and use a cheaper venue and hotel accommodation at a rate that will attract more of those who can't make it a day trip.
        Though London may be the most densely populated part of the UK a much larger percentage of the population are within easy reach of the Peak District and around that area are conference centres, airports, good public transport, affordable hotels, and perhaps a greater need of the money that such events generate.

4. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Yorkshire. God's County I'm told. Though when the weather closes in it doesn't feel overly heavenly. I'm off down to London Town. Can't wait smile

1. Leptirela profile image73
      Leptirelaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hAHAAHAH smile

5. seanorjohn profile image70
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

South Yorkshire. Less than 2 hours on train to London. Still have family in London so travel down a fair bit.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Anywhere in the UK that has a cheap airport in fine by me smile Thinks of East Midlands or thereabouts. Central London is expensive to stay overnight too.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have to admit I would much prefer central London, especially if it's near Victoria Station because I don't drive and would only be able to come if I could easily get there and back by public transport.

7. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Because I get up early and sometimes use British spelling (consequence of reading a lot of British writers while young and impressionable), people sometimes think I am British.  My real name (Anthony Philip Lawrence) could also give that impression.

So, just in case someone has mistakenly thought that, no, I am in the Eastern US and plan to be attending in Boston.

But I do admire you Brits smile

8. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

East Yorkshire I is living in and I will hopefully be making it to any hubcamp that is going to be in the UK and if that's London, then let it be!

9. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Well, if its London, can we all stay with seanorjohn's relatives??

1. seanorjohn profile image70
      seanorjohnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, if you had read some of my family stories hubs, you would think twice about that one.

10. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

London is already established according to the schedule:

HubCamp Dates
    November 14th: HubCamp Hollywood 3:00-6:00pm
    January 16th: HubCamp NYC 3:00-6:00pm
    February 17th: HubCamp Atlanta  6:00-9:00pm
    February 19th: HubCamp Miami 3:00-6:00pm
    March 10th: HubCamp Dallas   6:00-9:00pm
    March 12th: HubCamp Houston  3:00-6:00pm
    April 7th: HubCamp DC  6:00-9:00pm
    April 9th: HubCamp Philadelphia  3:00-6:00pm
    May 15th: HubCamp Boston  3:00-6:00pm
    June 5th: HubCamp Chicago  3:00-6:00pm
    July 31st: HubCamp London  3:00-6:00pm
    August: More potential UK / British Isles / Europe locations TBA

If you're interested in attending, RSVP on Meetup here: http://www.meetup.com/HubCamp/

we know but we are trying to be helpful and generate some more interest. I am certain that  hub pages team would be glad to know from those in the geographic area where other locations would be good

2. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If there are any closer to home, then I'd be going to them instead, but if not London is the one! boo yacka!

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

The two posts prior to me posting that said "IF it's in London".  I was just trying to make sure that people visiting this thread knew that London is already established.  Anywhere else everyone comes up with is in addition to that.  August indicates more UK and British Isles locations are in the works already.   Just trying to be helpful too.

12. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I am in London and I suspect I still wont be able to make it sad

13. Victoria Stephens profile image74
    Victoria Stephensposted 13 years ago

Essex.  I'll be there for sure!!!  :-)

14. warchild75 profile image64
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

rainy worthing on the south coast,10 miles west of brighton!!

15. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I'm in Norwich, Norfolk - a couple of hours on the train from London.

16. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 13 years ago

Hi
    I live in Spain now but have plenty of places to stay in London

17. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

OK, puebloman, maybe your relatives can put me up!  I got nobody in London and I'm only a poor hubber sad

18. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

I live in Treorci, Wales. Apart from visiting my daughter, who lives in Wimbledon, I've managed to avoid London for about 2 years now. I found being born and living there for the first 18 years of my life quite enough for more than one lifetime!

When I saw the term Hubcamp, I assumed it would be a weekend event, with lots of good food, good company, drinking time, etc.

19. vicki simms profile image67
    vicki simmsposted 13 years ago

I'm in Northamptonshire, could get to London but would be great if there was one in the Midlands, it would be so much easier!

20. arthurchappell profile image45
    arthurchappellposted 13 years ago

I'm in Manchester - agree that a camp in the Midlands would be more suitable and cheaper than London, though a UK gathering would be great - can't be sure to make it to one as already busy with other projects for much of the year too

21. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Just north of London, so London is fine for me!

22. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 13 years ago

I'm in Blackburn, so quite a long way for me.  Would somewhere like Birmingham not be better, that's a bit more central.

23. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I may come to Hubcamp in London in July, however I live in Newport near Cardiff in Wales.

I am travelling at the moment and I'm in London at present but go near Nottingham next Wednesday!

24. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

This UK hubber lives in China - London is as close as anywhere I guess big_smile

Now if there is going to be one around Christmas I might just be able to get there !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)