we need to read these words

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (59 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image60
    OLYHOOCHposted 13 years ago

In
    President Truman
    established one day a year as a
    "National Day of Prayer."

President Reagan
    designated the
    First Thursday in May of each year as
    ...the National Day of Prayer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In June
    (then)
    Presidential
    Candidate Barack Obama
    declared that the USA
    "Was no longer a
    Christian nation."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    This year
    President Obama
    canceled the
    21st annual National Day
    of Prayer ceremony
    at the White
    House under the ruse
    Of "not wanting to offend anyone"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT... on September 25, 2009
    from 4 AM until 7 PM,
    a National Day of Prayer
    FOR THE MUSLIM RELIGION
    was Held on Capitol Hill,
    Beside the White House.
    There were over 50,000 Muslims
    in D.C. HE PRAYS WITH THE MUSLIMS!

I guess it Doesn't matter
    if "Christians"
    Are offended by this event -
    We obviously
    Don't count as
    "anyone" Anymore.

The direction this country is headed
    should strike fear in the heart of every Christian,
    especially knowing that the
    Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be
    converted, they should be annihilated.

This is not a Rumor -
    Go to the website
    To confirm this info:
    http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com/

1. Wayne V profile image59
      Wayne Vposted 13 years agoin reply to this

America is becoming more like Africa every day! Upside down and insideout, nothing is certain....
      It is strange for me to watch this spiral.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's even stranger to watch it from the homeland!
        That's what happens when the powers-that-be keep trying to shove God off to the side in some corner.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brenda, You are exactly right.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The "spiral" was caused by George W. Bush, not Barack Obama.

1. Smkmdb11 profile image57
          Smkmdb11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lmao. 2 and a half years in and still blaming Bush. Grow up already. George W. Bush had unemployment at it's lowest in 60+ years, defecit under average for a president and handled a national tragedy better than a lot of people could have.

Obama is to blame. It's time to move on from blaming Bush. I actually thought we were out of this phase. Guess your the only one still in it.

Really...get over yourself. Get some facts. Don't just blame Bush because your precious leaders and CNN did it.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, everything was fine till Obama took over.  Just keep telling yourself that.  lol lol

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Bush put the country in a deep hole. Two wars, a big tax cut for the richest Americans, failure to regulate the banksters, and a new unfunded Medicare drug program written by the drug companies. Repairing the damage can't be accomplished overnight.

The richest 2% pay over half of the country's tax revenue. What else do you want? It's easy to blame everything on the rich. Those two wars were needed. Saddam was a threat, and Al Qaeda remains a constant threat. Bin Laden is a threat that would be taken care of had Clinton not dropped the ball.

I never said everything was fine before Obama, but the problems we argue about right NOW, in these days, they are problems that stem directly from Obama and his inexperience.

Deeds, you really are a peice of work. Wont happen overnight? Obama has fixed NOTHING. Tell me what he has fixed and I'll give you the facts to blow it out of the water.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I hope you're in the top 2%. I'm not. Where do you think tax money will come from?  Out of welfare payments or from retirees living on Social Security? Of course the majority of taxes will come from the people with the highest incomes. Educate yourself a bit. Read this and you may understand more clearly what's happening.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/opini … ef=opinion

I'll refrain from new york times thanks. Do your own research, outside of the liberal media.

I'm not in the top 2%, but I don't think it's fair that the top 2% pay a much higher percentage the rest of the country. Most of them are small business owners.

I have an idea. Cut the taxes. I'm very well educated mind you and all the research in the world has pointed me to the same conclusion.

Liberals don't want freedom from big government. They want everyone to be given the same equal playing board. "Pursuit of happieness" does not mean that it is given to you because everyone is equal. The top 2%, most of them, have worked for what they have and because of that, they are punished because of people on welfare, etc... Libs push for cradle-to-grave welfare and those same programs are part of the problems in this country.

Nice time on here, but I'll move on to other threads, lol.

3. Wayne V profile image59

You guys are just like Africans! Here 16 years after "freedom" EVERYTHING is still blamed on apartheid!

Lol. I've seen these guys around. It's always the same few guys that are still fighting for the corruption and anti-freedom policies in Washington.

They must not be part of the majority on here.

2. MyVillage profile image60
              MyVillageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wayne V, read more about Africa to give a proffessional answer on the issue raised. Thank you!!!

1. Wayne V profile image59

Hello MyVillage.
                I do read. More important I live Africa. From a conscript in the old SANDF to a mercenary in Angola, Congo, Sierra Leone, .... and , and.
                You are amusing in your attempt at sarcasm.

1. MyVillage profile image60
                  MyVillageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for that. But, U know what I want to say.

4. Maembe profile image59
            Maembeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He HAD unemployment that low, but then look what eight years of his administration did to that number.

2. profile image0

Indeed.
      He's anti-Christian really.  His actions and his inactions all show that.  And his recent speech at the Prayer Breakfast doesn't let him off the hook.  It's getting closer and closer to another Election day and he's trying to appease the Christians with a fake stance.  Surely he knows it doesn't work that way.

3. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If we interject enough religion into the situation I suppose we could move onto at least a board of inquiry here into who are the "Real" Christians and what we can do about it.

Really people, do we need to twist this into another Holy War and combat the Moors again?  They had their fill of the Christians during the Crusades and if we push even harder we can make this the Mother of all Holy Wars.

1. profile image0

Tell that to the Muslims, why dontcha?
        Us Christians are simply defending our homeland.

1. DTR0005 profile image59
          DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe dem Godless heathens Brenda are defending their homeland.... (spit and grab crotch as I head to the barn)
          Can't recall the last time a Muslim nation marched on West Virginia and anulled our government cause we were considered a "threat" to world peace, because we posessed poison gas, biological weapons, and nuclear weapons - wait a minute- we do!..that argument wouldn't be a great stretch come to think of it....

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Girls go crazy for a sharp dressed man

5. speedbird profile image59
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope all this is in positive light. wink

OLYHOOCHposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing like a good chit-chat to get all the bugs out.

OH, just the other dat in Mr. Obamas speech, did you of you hear how many States we have.

57, so he said.

Perhaps he is from one of those 7 States, nobodynknows about, LOL.

OLY

Other day,

did any of you,

Sorry about this in my typing

6. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Are you a member of the Montana legislature by any chance, Oly?

NO.

2. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

(sigh)

Obama is NOT a Muslim.

He may have some misplaced sympathies, but the man is not a Muslim....

OK, then will you please tell, US. Who he is, where he was born and, WHY IS THERE NO PAPER WORK ON HIM.

You come up with all this and I will shut up. Untill then, I'll keep my own opinions.

OLY

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

He is Barack Obama, President of the United States.  He was born in Hawaii.  All of the paper work required to prove his citizenship has been produced (even the ultimate wackjob Sarah Palin has acknowledged this).

I'm sure that as an honorable man you will now keep your end of the bargain.

P.S. love your hubs.

GEE, I'm sorry, I did not know your name was,BillyDRitchie. Now, If you come up with some links that I can refer to, with the real things, THEN YES, I'll keep up my end of the bargain.

He might be your President, BUT, he is not mine.

To me, he is just, Mr. Obama.

Now, I am not here to start a fight with any of you at Hubs or this Group, BUT, I do seek the truth.

If you should decide to pull up some links, be careful. I may have the same ones.

This is not my fitst go-round on this issue and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Nothing would make me happier than to see the real thing and once again, be proud of Mr. Obama as President.

Talk to you later, Ron.

OLY

Here is how he hooked you, HOOK, LINE, and , SINKER,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCeSvdBv … re=related

Now you can watch this or not, makes no never-mind to me.

OLY

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Seen it before, it was the same nonsense then.  Factcheck your sources before posting, you'll save yourself much embarrassment.

I know that we have seen it before. Why when he firs startin talking he had my complete attention.

I thought he was the greatest speaker I had ever heard, so, I started digging to find out, who is this Obama guy. Where is he from, and how did he all o the sudden get here.

That's when things started going side ways, so, I dug futher and found out he was a member in tat Church, you know, that rigt guy.

Then I found out he was in that church for 20 years.

Now if you are going to try t tell me that all of the sudden he is a changed person, overnight, no way can I by that.

Right now, The United States Of America has to wake up and that goes for all of us, me included.

I live in Montana, one of three States that stil have money in there State Budget.

47 States are in trouble.

You can lead a hourse to water, but, yu can't make him drink.

OLY

This Computet is not a week old yet and some keys are not working, sorry for the type erors in my re-plys.

OLY

errors, this is not good. HAY, perhaps it's me.

OLY

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

So you blame all of our woes on the current president?  We were already in trouble from 8 years of moronics before he took office.  How do you feel about the folks who elected that Texas guy twice?  smile

If you would like to go back, you might want to go back to Carter and maybe before that.

NO, I am not putting the blame on Mr. Obama. What has he done right.

When the Oil Leak happened, did he know who was incharge, NO

We were ready with all the equipment to slow or stop it.
                    The Government got right in the way of that. Did he know who to contact, NO.

He has given the green ligh to all who wish to do harm to us by telling them when we are bringing the troops home.

The list goes on and on.

Electric Cars, light bulbs with Mercury in them, wind power, all cost money.

And his plan so he says, will reduce the National debt.

Sorry, I just can;t buy it.

OLY

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Quoting from your latest (and dare I say greatest) hub: A Sockpuppets Guide to Inflatable Sex Partners -

"Gwysnle snort, Obama Kemyun Muzzle iks me."

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Billiy. You are no fan of Obama so your statement carries enormous weight. It also raises my opinion of you since you are willing to stand in defense of the truth, even if in that defense, you vindicate (on one feature) someone you dislike.

We may go a long time before we agree on anything else, but credit was due.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed Doug, hats off to Billy.

Me too!

3. DTR0005 profile image59

It's hard to defend the whack jobs Billy.....

4. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't care what religious faith he follows.  I care if he seeks a better understanding and execution of the constitution.  In that pursuit he has failed.

So which president would you say followed the Constitution the closest?

3. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

Who knows what his belief system is... the fact is Obama promotes this kind of discussion as well as the citizen discussion to make his opponents look like extremists !  I think there are plenty of other reasons of his own making to oppose him.

4. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 13 years ago

I would like to point out that Reagan only held one prayer official ceremony in his 8 years. GWB had one every year. Bill Clinton had none. GHWB had one in his four years. So to say Obama "Canceled" is an overstatement. He simply didn't have one. He did sign a proclaimation just like every President has since Reagan. There is nothing in our law that requires an "Official Ceremony". BTW a federal judge ruled in April of last year that Reagan's "Official declaration was unconstitutional.....

1. profile image0

Yeah?
      Well, that "judge" should be de-benched!
      And a real Judge should de-frock Obama for naming June as the official "gay pride" month.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What, you claiming now that Obama is a tranny, wearing a frock!! smile

Brenda - ever hear of Thomas Jefferson?

1808: Thomas Jefferson also opposed declarations of national days of prayer by the Federal government. He wrote

"Fasting and prayer are religious exercises; the enjoining them an act of discipline. Every religious society has a right to determine for itself the time for these exercises, and the objects proper for them, according to  their own particular tenets; and right can never be safer than in their hands, where the Constitution has deposited it."

1. DTR0005 profile image59

Doug- don't insert history and facts into the debate - you are going to lose Brenda and Lady Love...

3. DTR0005 profile image59

Brenda, Federal judges are appointed by the president.. you better check and see which president appointed that judge you want de-frocked..lmao

2010-APR-15: A U.S. District Court judge ruled that the federal enabling legislation for the NDP was unconstitutional. That is, the right of individuals and groups to hold a NDP is very securely protected by the U.S. Constitution. The free exercise clause of the same amendment guarantees that. It is only the declaration of the NDP by the federal government that was found to be unconstitutional.

1. profile image56
        C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

UMMMM...I think that's exactly what I said.

""Official declaration was unconstitutional....."

5. Smkmdb11 profile image57
    Smkmdb11posted 13 years ago

Great post. There shouldn't be any argument here. It's black and white what the man has done and it is simple and crystal clear to see that this was and is a country based on Christian foundations.

Again, if anyone does not like it, buy a plane ticket for you and your family, and do the rest of us, the majority, a favor and go to Europe where you can fall along with the rest of the socialist pigs in the world.

No thanks!  But don't think you have to stay here if democrats change a few things for the better.smile

2. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a deeply offensive and ignorant comment.

Yes. As he said, he's very well educated. But he refrains from reading the New York Times.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)