GODS Language

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (50 posts)
  1. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
    jay_kumar_07posted 12 years ago

Why god created more language - pl anybody

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tower of Babel should answer your question.

jay_kumar_07posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tower build-up was danger for paradise or people.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally think the story was added not only as a simple explanation to the mystery of why there were so many languages, but to point out that even ancient man could see that language is the barrier that kept them from accomplishing great things. I always liked the part where they wrote that God said something like 'wow, if these primitives can do this, when they've just started; think what they'll do later.'

I assumed the writers could see that once we could overcome the language barrier we would advance in knowledge quickly. I think mankind has proven that thought to be correct.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow... So if you are right.. then that would probably explain why Pigeons are so smart and like mankind they probably speak more than Pigeon-Enrish hmm

Thanks for that.. I always wondered how they knew their way home and made such great postal delivery staff. smile

I wonder how Bottlenose Dolphins know Pigeon-Enrish though? hmm

1. profile image0

lol that answer may never be known. I believe the writers were prisoners in ancient Babylon. They probably spoke pigeon babylonian, but never met a dolphin. As a pearl diver, you might study up on that and be able to offer insight.

Although, I have to say, your previous answer is definitely food for thought. smile

Cheers... I'll get my flippers on and sea if I can do some research smile

1. profile image0

Please. Remember to share the results. We're all curious. smile

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63
                ceciliabeltranposted 12 years agoin reply to this

language evolved with birds, you'll see the capacity for language as in association of emotion to sounds in birds, such as parrots.

if you listen to people talk in high speeds it sounds like birds.

as a matter of fact, we are more alike to birds than apes in our speech. A study (which I am sorry I cannot find just now, but will eventually) shows that early language was like bird sounds.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 215702.htm

in the esoteric tradition, singing is a more effective way to pray
                as it is the more effective way to memorize anything today.

G-d's language is music.

1. profile image51
                  paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

?

2. mecheil profile image62
          mecheilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it was not because the tower was any danger to paradise or people, but because the builders were going against the commandment to fill the earth.

“come on!” they said. “let us build ourselves a city and also a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a celebrated name for ourselves, for fear we may be scattered over all the surface of the earth." - gen 11:4. the result? gen 11:5-8 (they were scattered)

ok  Against the commanddment is one of the reason.I think that the people will die if they continued the tower build-up.

2. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the tower of babel myth was copied from earlier sumerian texts

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Father did not create more languages, He only has but ONE language....

Other languages come, because The ignorant did not understand this language and instead did what they will with it..

So simply.. Languages are because of the False's attempt to accommodate Truth with the view to use it for his own benefit.

3. profile image51

What is wrong if there are many languages? Diversity has beauty.

1. mecheil profile image62
        mecheilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"diversity has beauty"

i like that paar

1. profile image51
    4. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know the one "universal language" has never been changed.  It has always remained a constant through out the millenniums.    So how do you know that it hasn't been man changing languages spoken by words, while God's true language has been untouched by us? 

Mathematics have always been and always will be the one language undaunted and unbreakable by mankind.  It is the universal language.  Everything we know....., Everything around us......., is controlled by math.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and I regret skipping classes now smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Oh Great Question:  roll  I think there was a concern that Chickens would adopt and start speaking Enrish instead of communicating like Chickens, if they heard only Enrish spoken in the world. 
    Apparently, the original concern was based on what had happened to the Pigeons that had been exposed to only Enrish speaking people and ended up speaking only Pigeon-Enrish!  smile

Grad I could elp smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was very helpful to me, I dunno about the rest of you. lol

You are most welcome Sir... Grad it elped smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Fantastic answer for 'How did you become a Politician' lol

Thank you Newton, Einstein, Galileo and many others whose work is the basis of our society... and be thanks to EagleKiwi who be know how speak big Eagle talk in Kiwi and Pigeon smile

Yes as a matter of a fact 'Hell yeaaa'  lol

S'up, how you doin! smile

3. profile image0

I wrote a hub about a boy that only had the company of chickens for his childhood - he fails to understand that humans communicate with speech & only clucks like a chicken & acts like a chicken

1. profile image0

You are joking. Right? Not about the hub, but the boy. If not, how old was he when they found him?

1. profile image0

check out my hub - he lived in the chicken coop till he was around 8, then spent around 20 years tied up to the corner of an old people's home & hosed down when too filthy

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Pearldiver-Don't you dare tell the Colonel !! wink

3. jay_kumar_07 profile image61

On those days people are not known  about the Oxygen non availabilty & gravity force after the particule stage. So GOD Like to destroy the unity by the way of language scattering.Otherwise people will vanished by themselfs.
    I think so . - pl any body

Nope... My science teacher be known as John Fallingup Newton-Smith and him know well thoughts the of Pigeons and Dolphins who said "Nope!"

Oxygen be Pigeon-Enrish for Dolphin words "Nope.. Nopey.. Nope!"

John Fallingup Newton-Smith knowing gravity good an say him that it be not god or otherwise people.. it be Fat Clouds an be Thor's Hammer broke too much from Chicken language! hmm

Him be say "Nope.. Nopey... Nope... NOPE!!"

True be this.. hmm

1. canadawest99 profile image62
        canadawest99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Humans invented language.  God had nothing to do with it.   Humans invented a lot of other stuff too that makes our day to day life much easier than it was a million years ago.  Next time you want to thank someone, try thanking Newton, Einstein, Galileo and many others whose work is the basis of our society.

Iam little bit doubt about  on ypur reply - Humans invented language.
          Yes . we can say computer language is human invented one.
          pl

2. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Newton wrote a book of prophecy based on scripture. Predicted the end somtime around 2030. The book is in the Vatican Library.

4. akela profile image61
    akelaposted 12 years ago

of cos tower of babel explains that but not withstanding God understands all languages he doesnt have a problem with that.

Yes. I think so.

5. knolyourself profile image58
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

For myself God's language would not be
    human, but rather the more traditional signs and symbols.

6. jay_kumar_07 profile image61

which and what is the latest humanmade language in this world and who is the author.

pl any body

7. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Where I live they say Welsh is the language of Heaven. That's probably because it has no Earthly value smile

Aww but the Welsh sing with such passion -how could Heaven and Earth not be pleased smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh go on then. There is something moving about a male voice choir......but you have to be in the mood for it.

Thats true.

I love how the Welsh sing to motivate and inspire their Rugby team. Its the unison and compassion shining through.
          (Of course my eyes are on the men in Black (NZ) but my ears tuned to the melodic sounds of those Welshmen) wink

8. jay_kumar_07 profile image61

I think that no one can creat a language for some group other than GOD.
    Some christians are speaking or making noise at the time of prayer with out knowing the meaning.No body knows.But they told and belive that the language.

pl what is this.

Language or some excitement noise.

Disciples of JESUS also spoke unknown language with meaning.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been in many church services where people are babbling away in direct contradiction to Paul's guidance notes of tongues in Church. To my understand the gift of tongues is the ability to speak and Earthly language that has not been learnt by the believer, but is understood by a foreigner. So Paul would have needed to speak in tongues on his missions to various European nations.

Proponents of tongues say they are speaking unknown languages of Heaven or Angels using Paul's teaching on the subject of love where he said "if I speak in tongues of Angels, but have not love...." However, I think this is stretching Paul's speech where it was not intended to go. One needs two or three witnesses to establish a doctrine. Justification for tongues is personal edification. Yeah right. If that was the case we would see changed lives and attitudes.

So tongues of angels, I'm very doubtful this is the case.

2. profile image51

Language was taught to humans by the Creator-God; I agree.

Thanks .

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

I dont know how others talk to God ,but I communicate with Him just like I talk to any loved one (probably talk too much too) But I show respect and honor and listen and wait ,say some more and wait on Him.

I always feel He listens and enjoys me.

I love how God talks back too.smile

More words and long prayer is not good - BIBLE

God made me and he knows I talk much wink

I see.
          Who   made the  BIBLE and  for  what.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)