Worshipping Jesus, worshiping a false idol

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (158 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

thisisoli wrote:

As to the new testament superseding the old testament.. All Jesus talks about is how you should worship God, not him. He even talks about worshiping false idols; if you worship Jesus rather than God you are automatically worshiping a false idol, committing the worst sin possible.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/73223?p … ost1594423

Paarsurrey says:

Exactly

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If god is omnipresent , then every human is god including Jesus and thats the message he spread.God is the light permeating everything-Allah, Jevovah, Shiva ec

1. Donna Suthard profile image61
        Donna Suthardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After having reading The Course in Miracles,  I would state mohitmisra, you are correct. Not only that, but the world we live in is merely a dream world we made up! We never left God to begin with! We created this illusion of a world, because we THOUGHT we were separate from God and from each other.

mohitmisraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True thats why the Indians and Japanese  termed this world as an illusion.
          Its actually an extension of god, gods thoughts, each is god. Like the Shamans say we co create, our thoughts materialize. Then  again its not only an extension but the basic fabric of this universe is god the Light , One.smile

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, we don't worship other humans, we show them respect or else they are idols.
        Though God is in everyone, not every one is in God.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who reads the Book of John should see that Jesus IS God, which of course debunks your entire theoretical attempt to debunk Jesus's divinity.
      Jesus is no longer just "a man", as some have pictured Him.  You fail to see that.

1. profile image0

3. profile image52
      SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you please state what religious belief you are ?

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

According to who? You don't even know God and Jesus is the "Son of God" One day you will come face to face with God then we will see what you spew out of your vile mouth.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

Could even say if one worships anything that is not in one's present reality, it is idol worship.

3. profile image51

Moses believed:

[4] Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord. [5] Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole strength.
    http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=5& … &f=s#x

Jesus believed:

[37] Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38]

http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=47 … &f=s#x

So worshipping Jesus is worshipping a false idol

1. profile image0

Yahshua never spoke of himself. He spoke the words God gave him

Deuteronomy 18:15
      I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Yahshua said he was not speaking of himself

John 14:10
      Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

But we can't make the blind see.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks and I appreciate.

Regards

4. superwags profile image67
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

Aren't you fed up of these threads yet Paar - not rather discuss something a bit more light hearted for once?

Have a beer and chill out.

5. knolyourself profile image60

"So worshipping Jesus is worshipping a false idol"
    I would say the authority for your life, as Jesus or anything else in not yourself. If not yourself who are you?

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please elaborate it for me; I don't get you.

6. knolyourself profile image60

'as Jesus or anything else in not yourself.'
    Should be: as Jesus or anything else [is] not yourself. I need an editor. Means that
    for myself I decide everything. I don't do as Jesus does. 'Cause then Jesus decides and not me.

1. profile image51

You mean Jesus is not your role model?

7. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Paar. I'll be honest with you. If you compare the average Christian to the average Muslim, it appears to me Mohamed is worshiped on a much higher scale. Christians are capable of laughing at jokes about Jesus. They take no offense at his presence in a cartoon. They like to see respect for him, but they put it in perspective. Compare that to the reaction within Islam to any mention, or depiction of your prophet.

Who is worshiped more?

1. profile image51

Humans should not be worshipped; Krishna, Buddha, Zoraster, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad etc; all were human beings; none should be worshipped, except the Creator-God.

1. Jefacity profile image59
        Jefacityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how about instead we all worship each other?

1. profile image51

I don't get you, please elaborate for me.

we are each divine and amazing in our own right. The heart of worship and praise is sending positive energy to the target. So by worshiping each other we celebrate and strengthen our divine light.

1. profile image51

I don't agree with you; Buddha never said that every human being is divine.

I've read your posts. you believe in a grand creator. Is there anyway even one of his creations could not be divine?

1. profile image0

No creation can be divine.

Divine means without limits. We are all limited.

Yahshua (Jesus) said I can do nothing of myself. He needed God.

1. profile image51

Well said

2. mohitmisra profile image59

Divine means like god and Jesus said "I tell ye are all gods. "" Children of the most high"

Yahshua (Jesus) said I can do nothing of myself. He needed God- this is true even the enlightened ones are limited and work for God,they are puppets in Gods hands.
                    Even the Prophet Muhammad would propheciese but once he didn't say -by the will of god and his prophecy didnt materialize and he later said I should have said by the will of god .

This is why Islam doesn't even equate the prophets with god yet at the same time it says" Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things"

Mans home or source is god,Allah, Jevovah ,Brahma and on death he fuses with, becomes God.

"God has become man, man will become God again" Swami Vivekananda.

Beautiful Jefacity smile

2. Donna Suthard profile image61
        Donna Suthardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

paarsurrey.  I agree with you that only God should be worshipped. Jesus states, That God is within all of us.  Teachers like Jesus, Yogananada, Krishna,  were human like us. They became Master teachers, because they became perfected in their daily lives. They were our brothers. They learned to meditate, after they received Enlightenment, they taught unconditional love. Their message was only Love, Compassion and Peace. We are not to idolize anyone here on this earth. We are find our happiness, and our God within ourselves throught prayer, forgiveness and meditation

1. profile image51
  8. knolyourself profile image60

"You mean Jesus is not your role model?" Nope. I am my own role model. If I only did what I was told, what could I learn? The difference between playing a part in a play, and actually doing the thing in real life.

1. profile image51

Is it not wrong and depicts ignorance?

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is ignorance?
        Bleating about your version of your god by creating endless and mindless threads contributes nothing.
        I see you are still ignoring anything that challenges your beliefs without examining anything that you don't already believe is pretty ignorant I reckon.

You ask for information many times but never read it.

Did you get around to reading Krauss or seeing his videos yet?
        Didn't think so.......

2. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doing what you are told is not always only for learning it is for experience.
      I can be told what strawberry icecream is like but until i taste it i will never know.
      experience.
      We are told what to do and how to live but for the reason of experience. Experience is the best teacher.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny how you don't use or practice that logic when it comes to religion.

If there were a Baskin Robbins of religions, you would never know the experience of religions because you would never choose any flavor other than Strawberry. smile

1. profile image0

the proof is in the pudding
          after having tried many flavors the best one is always picked
          is it not?
          thankyou for your input
          have a wonderful day

That's the point entirely, you haven't tried all the flavors, hence cannot claim you have chosen "the best one".

You tried "strawberry", now and again tossing some chopped nuts or sprinkles or chocolate coating on top, but you always ate only strawberry. smile

You keep saying logic, isnt it logical that an intelligent design have an intelligent creator?

I agree with brotheryochanan- you lack the experience which will give you the knowledge.

1. profile image51

Yes it is a lot more reasonable than an intelligent design coming into existence from nothing; very un-natural from the atheists.

Further scinece has not proved that the Creator-God does not exist.

1. profile image51
              2. Beelzedad profile image58

Sure. Why not. We can also speculate that an intelligent design was not necessarily designed from intelligence, but only appears to be. And, we can also speculate that what appears to be designed intelligently was not so intelligent a design after all.

Plenty of alternatives to your question.

That's nice, I'm so glad you both share an agreement. That will help when you begin discussing the rest of your beliefs with each other and find you vehemently don't agree. smile

lol there ya go, real truth, right there! lol

We can also speculate that an intelligent design was not necessarily designed from intelligence, but only appears to be.

Appear to be?  thats the proof of intelligence.

And, we can also speculate that what appears to be designed intelligently was not so intelligent a design after all.

First we need to know the ingredients before assembling anything. As humans we have no idea what is on our planet forget this cosmos.

The point I am making is please realize even the believer is using logic to come to his conclusions. So you cannot say its illogical and nonsense.

1. profile image51

I agree with you.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

No, that is usually the evidence of evolution.

That entire piece of your post is illogical and nonsense. smile

2. profile image0

oh well
              have a nice day

It is interesting how you dismiss the discussion when your beliefs and your reasoning clash and fail miserably. lol.

9. knolyourself profile image60

"how about instead we all worship each other?" Think that is the way of Buddhism.
    We are all divine beings. "Spirits in a material world."

1. profile image51

Buddha never said that all human beings are divine. Please quote from him.

10. knolyourself profile image60

"Buddha never said" so what. Jesus or Mohamed never said ......so what.

11. profile image51

That could mean ignorance; they did speak.Didn't they?

12. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Okay what about this...
    We know that God has visited this planet before in human shapes.
    -Melchizedek, the fourth man in the firey furnace with daniel, one of the three angels that sat at meat with Lot before sodom and gomorrah died... etc.
    -Jesus IS God, wrapped in flesh.
    -When Jesus rose from the dead He kept his fleshly body
    -He said to Didymus, who is 'doubting' Thomas, to stick his fingers in his wrists and side (the holes where he was pierced)
    -Jesus ascended to heaven prior to pentecost (acts 2) 50 days after passover (sacrifice of the passover lamb = Jesus)

Now that Jesus is in heaven, Gods throne room or the focal point of God, where Gods presence is concentrated (for lack of better terminology); are we thinking that Jesus is sitting in a comfy chair on the right hand of God or are we thinking that along with Gods others fleshly or bodily usages he just doffed the husk (as he did before) and the God in Jesus melded with God again, where He came from in the first place.
    Jesus work was done on the cross.. by his stripes we ARE healed, he WAS bruised for our iniquities. On the cross Jesus said, "it is finished". Paul said, "now when he was done (Jesus) he went and sat on the right of God"... a place of power not a literal right side of God... not that God has hands... its a jewish idiom.

So i am saying that since there is ONE God and none other beside Him...(isaiah 45) that another name for God is Jesus, just like jehovah, or el shaddai or any of the other names of God.. Jesus melded with the father, from whence jesus came.. until the next time God needs to be on earth as jesus (as king).. he will fully occupy the husk of Jesus, manifest the vessel identical to Jesus' first appearance, i am assuming with nail holes and spear hole and come back but until then, Jesus and God are merged into one being and God has another name.

Its a hard and different concept to grasp. But the two have become one as the one became two. This keeps with the many many times that God says, there is only one God and i am He.
    If Jesus is God wrapped in flesh, is it so hard to understand that the two are now one, until the king must return to earth again.
    enjoy

1. profile image51

Jesus never said in a straightforward manner that he was the Creator-God; it is the non-believing gospel writers who projected Jesus wrongly. He said the he was in the image of the Creator-God; which every prophet messenger is by default; in the image of God means being a role model for the people.

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"non-believing Gospel writers"?
        You are so ridiculous. You have no idea what you are saying.

I don't know why I bother....sad sad sad

1. profile image51

Gospel writers called scribes ran away when Jesus was crying in agony on the Cross; what need they had to run; at the most they could be killed. If they believed Jesus was a god and was going to resurrect from the dead, then Jesus could have resurrected them from the dead also; they need not to run from the scene. They were not believers in Jesus.

1. aka-dj profile image66
            aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to read the Bible, paar.
            All you are telling me is your fairy tale version!
            You have NO evidence for your claims. NOT ONE.
            (by evidence, I mean historical, written accounts)

2. profile image0

There were no mass murders happening during the 6hrs on the cross. The people standing around were both christians and romans. Why would anybody run during this time? except to get away from the sounds of remorse and anger. When the bodies were taken down the people dispersed as at other times.

2. earnestshub profile image81

Well for once, I'm with Parra on this one.

All four gospels are anonymous texts. The familiar attributions of the Gospels to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John come from the mid-second century and later and we have no good historical reason to accept these attributions.

-Steve Mason, professor of classics, history and religious studies at York University in Toronto (Bible Review, Feb. 2000, p. 36)

The question must also be raised as to whether we have the actual words of Jesus in any Gospel.

-Bishop John Shelby Spong

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seeing as much of the Church's doctrine simply contradicts the bible then it seems to me that the Church did not make them up. Had the Church written them to suit its own ends, then one would be ablle to support its beliefs from the bible. If it was all written by man, then one would expect considerably more contradiction than the Muslims and atheists would are oft to try to point out.

Therefore the source of the text is elsewhere. It's just too well put together to be derived by committee. So although historically texts cannot always be attributed to the authors we've traditionally been taught, I am inclind to believe God inspired.

There is your claim for belief, then. Can you substantiate the claim by comparing what you believe is inspired by god with any other doctrines, stories or whatever, that you don't believe were inspired by a god?

And, can it be shown that there are indeed books that are not considered inspired by a god but are indeed "derived by a committee or attributed to the authors" yet are far more credible and valid than the doctrines you believe?

smile

2. profile image51

We know for sure that Bible is not written or authored by the Creator-God Allah YHWH; it is not evern authored or written or dictated by Jesus or anybody legitimately authorised by Jesus. Jesus was at that time in India where he died and is buried there.

It is not authored or inspired by the Creator-God or by Jesus; it is inspired by cunning Paul, and the sinful scribes and misleading Church followed Paul.

3. profile image0

i'm with you on this one.
              when the words of God are not in the people then they just don't know.
              When people don't believe they just don't believe
              nothing to do but go to where, as the bible puts it, is fertile ground.
              Since it is of Gods spirit to change people the only option is to pray for the unknown sinners.

13. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

GOD forgive and accept the people those who are worship idol in the name of GOD - IN BIBLE.

You sound like lot's of fun! lol lol lol

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
        jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

More fun around us.

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
        jay_kumar_07posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Fun for gallery people.
        Effort  for stage people.

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure that means something, I just don't know what that something is. smile

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
            jay_kumar_07posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Something in effort.

I still have no idea what you are saying or why you are saying it. smile

14. Suncoast2.0 profile image60
    Suncoast2.0posted 13 years ago

Why has everyone agreed to count the years from Jesus Christ onwards?
    Why has everyone come to count the years from Jesus onwards if a great deal of people don`t share this religion. Why is this Jesus event so special that everyone had decided to record time from him onwards?

Hundreds of years of killing people who did not follow the religion may have had something to do with it.
      I'm glad they are no longer allowed to kill non believers.

1. profile image0

that darn catholic religion.
        I sure am glad i missed that flavor of ice cream.

Yep! The catholics were great at killing those who did not follow their ways. smile

Between the crusades and the inquisition they probably killed more than most other religions put together.

1. profile image51

Any Catholic here to confirm it.

Except for islam, which tops the bill. smile

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
              dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is True Paar, Earnest is accurate here

1. profile image51

Very sad.

Yes very sad, so is the elephant in the room you chose to overlook..... again.

"Approximately 270 million nonbelievers died  over the last 1400 years for the glory of political Islam. These are the Tears of Jihad which are not taught in any school."

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Half of the glorious Hindu civilization was annihilated and 80 million Hindus killed. The first Western Buddhists were the Greeks descended from Alexander the Great's army in what is now Afghanistan. Jihad destroyed all of Buddhism along the silk route. About 10 million Buddhists died. The conquest of Buddhism is the practical result of pacifism. Zoroastrianism was eliminated from Persia. The Jews became permanent dhimmis throughout Islam. In Africa over 120 million Christians and animists have died over the last 1400 years of jihad. Approximately 270 million nonbelievers died  over the last 1400 years for the glory of political Islam. These are the Tears of Jihad which are not taught in any school."

1. profile image51

Earlier, you stated the following:

"Between the crusades and the inquisition they probably killed more than most other religions put together."

Exactly!
        The word "almost" is the operative here.
        You have been deliberately obtuse as usual.

Why don't you refute the claim I made, or stop making your ridiculous claims that Islam is peaceful.

Don't you ever see TV?

16. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

I was put off by the title, but upon reflection on it, it actually makes sense (kinda hmm )

Using the principle of a double negative, an idol is a false god. So, if Jesus were a false, false god, that would actually make Him the REAL DEAL.

I LIKE IT. lol lol big_smile

Thanks Paar. lol

17. profile image0
    Kiriuposted 12 years ago

Superwags
    I have masters in thermodynamics so better listen to what I say!

18. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Moses believed:

[4] Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord. [5] Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole strength.
    http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=5& … &f=s#x

Jesus believed:

[37] Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38]

http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=47 … &f=s#x

So worshipping Jesus is worshipping a false idol

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting post paar. I suppose, by that, you would also agree that the worship of a mohamed is wrong. Whatever shall we do about that?

1. profile image51

Muslims worship only the Creator-God Allah YHWH; Muhammad is never worshipped by the Muslims; he is a messenger prophet of the Creator-God of the highest status among the prophets messengers.

1. profile image0

You might share that thought at the next riot over a perceived insult. It might help.

1. profile image51

I don't get you.

1. profile image0

Join the club. smile

19. profile image0
    Kiriuposted 12 years ago

Einstein's head
    don't atheist realy beleive what they beleive they don't beleive?

20. profile image0
    Kiriuposted 12 years ago

Deborah, paarsurey
    Jesus said, 'before Abraham was born, I Am. God said to moses, I Am is my name.

The I actually Am God!

1. profile image51

I is a pronoun used by everybody in English language.

2. profile image0

Deuteronomy 18:18
      18. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee,  and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

He always spoke of God, never himself.
      Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?  THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU I SPEAK NOT OF MYSELF,but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

He did the same thing with Moses and Aaron:
      Exodus 4

10. And Moses said unto the LORD, O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since you have spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
      11. And the LORD said unto him, Who has made man's mouth? or who makes the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
      12. Now therefore go,  and I will be with thy mouth, and teach you what you shalt say.
      13. And he said, O my LORD, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom you wilt send.
      15. And you shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.16. And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

John 8
      47. He that is of God hears God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
      50. And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeks and judges.
      51.Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
      52…..Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. .
      54. Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; .of whom ye say, that he is your God:
      55. Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you:  but I know him, and keep his saying..
      56.  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad..57.Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
      58. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was I am.

God showed Abraham the one that would be the Messiah.
      For a long time God had planned to raise up the Messiah
      By faith Abraham knew the Messiah before he appeared.

John 8:58
      Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was I am.

What he meant
      The Hebrew scriptures there is not a comma. Since Yahshua spoke the words God Gave Him, he wasn't speaking of himself.   He was speaking of the "I Am"

The word "AM" is a present tense.If he was talking about himself being here before Abraham, he would use past tense, were was

The correct translation is
      I will be what I will be.
      "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be),"

21. profile image0
    Kiriuposted 12 years ago

Paarsurrey
    And everybody Am He
    'In the beginning was word and the word was with God and the word was (whether you like it or not) GOD'.

'For to us a child is born, the gorvenment is on his shoulder. He will be called wonderfull Counsellor, (whether you like it or not) MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'

'Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to (whether you like it or not) WORSHIP HIM.'

1. profile image51

These sentences are made-up by the scribes to confuse the sheep by writing meaningless words. Jesus was a straighforward man; from whom he should have feared not to mention his name.

Why should one want to put words into the mouth of Jesus?

2. profile image51

Where is name Jesus mentioned in the quotes; it is not there.

1. profile image0
        Uirikposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go on reading a few verses down in each and you will find the name Jesus!

22. profile image0
    Kiriuposted 12 years ago

Paarsurrey
    let me ask you a question; from which book do you read about Jesus?

1. profile image51

From Quran and Bible; Quran corrects the accounts of Jesus life given in Bible with rational reason, which Bible does not.

1. profile image0

So it was Deborah whom i should have addresed. I thought you were a bible beleiver
        kiriu

23. profile image0
    Uirikposted 12 years ago

Deborah
    thanks for that at long answer. Jesus indead talked about the Father but was it always? In the gospel of John, what populates it is the words I Am. I am the vine, I and the father is one, come to me,  he who has seen me has seen the Father, when I be lifted up will draw all men to me  I am the way the truth and the life I am the Alpha and Omega etc you are correct however in saing he never said directly; I am God but indead he talked about himself and in ways many people feer to talk about themselves. It was his way of speaking of himself that triggerd hatred from Jews. They said he made himself equal to God and he spock as one with authority like no one else have ever spocken.

kiriu

1. profile image0

Also when God gave Eve to Adam-he said the two shall be one.
      Not the same person, just united.

The bible is full of allegories, metaphors, euphemisms, parables, etc.

1. profile image51

I agree with you
        Religion covers all faculties needed for guidance in the human life ; it uses all form of poetry allegories, metaphors, euphemisms, parables, etc. It is not a text book of science; though it does not prohibit science.

1. profile image0

It was a quaranist who taught me about God without quoting any book in what amounted to a whole book. It was very enjoyable lesson. I am yet to find a biblist who can drop bible for a moment and tell you about God right from his head.

True, but there are a large number of ex believers who know both the bible and quoran very well indeed, and have little trouble remembering both. smile

2. profile image51
    2. profile image0

------------------------
      He always spoke of God, never himself.

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?  THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU I SPEAK NOT OF MYSELF,but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

The people around, as you, thought he was speaking of himself.

He never spoke of himself

1. profile image51

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)